Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

A Thread Of A Trip To Gooonu Banana The Haunted House - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Thread Of A Trip To Gooonu Banana The Haunted House (2632 Views)

A Photo Thread Of My Relocation / A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return / A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread Of A Trip To Gooonu Banana The Haunted House by jo2222(m): 7:59pm On May 09, 2021
An indentified Facebook user known as `Kelly Hassino" has organize a trip to the haunted Gooonu Banana with a team of other youth to spend three nights,he is a known Atheist who doubt the believe that Ghost exist which is the main reason he organize this trip.
So I am going to share his experience firsthand on nairaland as he claim his prove that.
About the haunted The rumor behind the building is that the owner was a ritualist who lured a little girl who hawks banana on the street, killed her and buried her corpse on the land this house was built in.

Upon completion of the house, tenants moved in to the house and was haunted by this same little girl's spirit which always cried "Goonu banana" meaning buy your bananas.

It got worse that all the tenants left the house one by one because of the fear that gripped them every night.

It was later told that the owner died a mysterious death. Which people suspected it was the ghost of the little girl whom later haunted him to death.

Ever since then the house has been deserted.

Tonight a group of youth will be traveling to Anambra State

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread Of A Trip To Gooonu Banana The Haunted House by Rocktation(f): 8:02pm On May 09, 2021
OK...
Re: A Thread Of A Trip To Gooonu Banana The Haunted House by SportsHD: 8:09pm On May 09, 2021
Looks haunted sef

1 Like

Re: A Thread Of A Trip To Gooonu Banana The Haunted House by jo2222(m): 8:24pm On May 09, 2021
The team are set for the adventure tonight,they will depart Abuja by Vehicle to Anambra state tonight,I will keep everyone posted

2 Likes

Re: A Thread Of A Trip To Gooonu Banana The Haunted House by RedChiefPriest: 8:38pm On May 09, 2021
Abeg I no wan miss the update
Re: A Thread Of A Trip To Gooonu Banana The Haunted House by jo2222(m): 8:39pm On May 09, 2021
RedChiefPriest:
Abeg I no wan miss the update
then stay tuned as i give update everyday about the trip
Re: A Thread Of A Trip To Gooonu Banana The Haunted House by decatalyst(m): 8:55pm On May 09, 2021
Nice adventure.

I wish the team best of luck.
Re: A Thread Of A Trip To Gooonu Banana The Haunted House by philtea: 10:11pm On May 09, 2021
Following
Re: A Thread Of A Trip To Gooonu Banana The Haunted House by jo2222(m): 11:30pm On May 09, 2021
The journey start
Am sitting in the right corner at the back of a
fifteen-passenger bus on a ten-hour journey
across the South of Nigeria. It’s a perfect
position to observe everything.
It’s quiet in the bus for the first hour or so.
People are pressing their phones, reading
books they’d dump when the journey is over.
Two women are drinking something from
inside a small bottle in a black nylon bag. The
driver is playing gospel music to ward off
every spirit of armed robbers and bad roads
and accident. I know this routine well.
Everyone tries to mind their business till the
books start to become boring, and the small
bottles become empty, and their batteries
start running low.
Then the first person speaks. It’s the guy
seating behind the driver. He starts off with a
story that should have been a joke. People
laugh to encourage him for the effort. They
need him to keep talking.
They need a conversation to start to help with their road sickness. His voice is louder and more confident when he speaks again. And he starts to tease the woman beside him about how he knows that the small bottle they were drinking from is Orijin Bitters. She fires back about how it helps her stay sharp. About how it’s just fruits, herbs and alcohol. Everyone in the bus is laughing, including the woman behind them, also sipping from a small bottle in a black nylon bag.
They go on for hours and hours about who
should marry who in the bus shouting to the
driver every now and then to change the
music to something more hip. I just sit there,
barely existing to them.
They are still talking when we see a crowd
gathered around a trailer from over two
hundred meters away. For the first time,
everyone in the bus agrees on something. It’s
definitely an accident. Nothing draws a crowd
this much on a highway like tragedy. Nothing
draws people everywhere like tragedy.
As we get closer, it’s a crowd of at least
seventy people. At the scene, there’s a trailer
and a lift-back ash-coloured Mazda car. The
trailer is a little squeezed in the front. The
Mazda on the other hand is lying on its back,
like a flipped cockroach. The front of the car
is gone –a huge chunk of chewed up metal
has replaced it. I imagine the grinding of the
Mazda between the truck and the road like
meat between molars. It’s ugly. Worse still,
there’s a man still in the Mazda.

1 Like

Re: A Thread Of A Trip To Gooonu Banana The Haunted House by jo2222(m): 11:31pm On May 09, 2021
Still on the journey
You’d have to give it up to the people who
were helping to rescue the victim. This was an
accident almost in the middle of nowhere. It
would probably take a death and a decent
burial for an ambulance to arrive in time to
save anyone.
Back to my co-passengers in the bus. As the
driver drove by the scene slowly, absolving
the sight as we did, everyone to the left of
the bus press their faces against the windows,
people behind lean on them. Everyone wants
to absolve as much of the scene as possible.
With the reality of the hours that lay ahead of
us and the fact that we wouldn’t do much on
the scene to make a difference, our driver
speeds off.
Perhaps it’s the speed or the air-conditioning
in the bus, but about five minutes later, my
bus is back to normal. The people sipping
Orijin are back to sipping. The voices are loud
again and all the melancholy has disappeared.
The rest of the journey is normal too. Just
people arguing over how their tribe is the
best in Nigeria and how everyone else is a
dumb bastard.
People begin to get down at their stops, a few
arguments with the driver over poor handling
of their luggage, more talk about how a
woman should always respect her husband,
etcetera.
All this, but not one mention again of the man
lying in a hospital somewhere after being
dragged out of a ruined Mazda –dead or alive,
but definitely lying somewhere, with the best
case scenario being that he’ll never walk
again. I don’t hate or detest those people in
that bus. The truth is, that is us, all of us, in
our most natural human/animal state, caring
very little or not even caring about what does
not affect us or our interests, directly or
indirectly.
Caring for someone that would never
appreciate us, someone that’ll never rub the
ego whose existence we all deny, someone
who would never pay back, or even know us
at all; that is the hardest and noblest type of
care to give..
Re: A Thread Of A Trip To Gooonu Banana The Haunted House by JeffreyJunior: 6:14am On May 10, 2021
The goonu banana house, what's the location? Is it for sale? Asking for a friend. grin

1 Like

Re: A Thread Of A Trip To Gooonu Banana The Haunted House by Cordero152: 6:18am On May 10, 2021
Everything is very open with a clear description of the issues. It was truly informative. Your website is very helpful. Many thanks for sharing!

PrepaidGiftBalance
Re: A Thread Of A Trip To Gooonu Banana The Haunted House by jo2222(m): 4:53pm On May 11, 2021
This is probably, the riskiest, most dangerous and silly adventure I've taken upon.
My partner Chizoba Izuogu and I at the so called goonu house with extreme difficulty and stress.
Locating the house wasn't as easy as we thought.
Nobody around seemed to know it by it's famous name "goonu banana" but all were familiar with the controversial haunted house. We only got headways in our search for it's address when we described it by the story, the house said to be haunted by the ghost of a little girl who was sacrificed by it's owner.
We arrived the gate of the goonu banana house and met a couple of women, traders in their shops just opposite the house.
I took my phone and attempted to take photos of it and do videos of me while there but the women, in one swing all dashed out screaming hysterical what we were doing there and what our mission is. We explained that we are documentary film makers working for a media house and we heard certain stories about the house and would like to take pictures before we approach anyone to make our findings or ask questions.
The women vehemently opposed, we should leave immediately before they call the youths of the community on us. And that we have no business taking a picture of the house. And if we must, then we must come in company of the landlord. So we asked to be directed to the landlord and be given his number and they said they aren't aware of his location and don't have his number.
The crowd started thickening as they peered at us fiercely. The only thing we had on our minds is how to leave as we came, in one piece or at least not to be too rough handled if we had to be. There is a police post just a stone throw away and I already prepared to dash their if they decide to take it farther. I'd rather settle scores with the police than face the mob.
So we apologized as they kept insulting in Igbo and like Lot's wife in the Bible, we didn't make the mistake of looking back.
We headed for a nearby restaurant and bought Coke which we strategize our next plans.
We waited and after a while, I came up with an idea, I changed into a different dress to disguise myself and went back to the community, closer to the twin, multiple apartment building known as the goonu house to try to try to find out the real story behind the house.
It's way scarier than I thought for all the people sharply declined giving us any information saying, they "can't talk about that house please" shrugging their shoulders as they exclaimed "mbanu" something I believe means "no way" in Igbo.
All efforts proved abortive, but all people surely knew, it's as though they've all taken an oath of secrecy.
Afterwards my extremely brave partner Chizoba successful interviewed a meat seller who simply told us that we are not safe asking out for the house or the man who owns it but he must inform us that the man in question is a very dangerous and evil man and that he drives by sometimes. He said some people know his resident address but he assures us that no one will disclose it. He made us understood that we were better off not meeting the man in person as it wouldn't have been a funny experience.
We aborted the mission and on coming back, we met a social media user, we were buying a phone accessory when he walked up to us smiling and saying, "so how's your mission, did you succeed" I panicked, I thought it was the landlord or his agent who must have heard about our coming and decided to set a trap. I asked him who he was and he said, he's a follower of mine on Facebook. I asked for his username and he told me and I searched and confirmed he wasn't a bad guy. Then we talked and I explained our ordeal and he smiled and told us confidently that he wasn't surprised. He said the issues are deep rooted, we took pictures which I promised not to put out for his security.
I called a few friends within Onitsha and all advised me to evacuate the state as we might be trailed, but one advised me to hold on till Sunday, and we'll work out a detailed and professional plan involving some authorities and assuring the owner that our intention is of good and our hope is to dispel the rumours and see his house as well as all other alleged haunted houses become inhabited once again and if their structures are compromised, they at least can be demolished and the land reused.
I'm prepared to see this to the finish.
As it stands I've put Chizoba on the bus back to Lagos where she came from while I draft out other plans.
I didn't travel miles, for 12 hours on empty stomach and hurting joints just to go back in vein.
I can't guarantee anyone of my safety presently.
Everyone looks suspicious to me now.
Watch out.
Remember today is my birthday and it's feels already like the first day of the rest of my life.
Re: A Thread Of A Trip To Gooonu Banana The Haunted House by RedChiefPriest: 5:18pm On May 11, 2021
Pheeew! Be careful my good man
Good speed.
But if you know it's getting dangerous please leave,there are lots of mysteries that will never be solved till this world ends and there are thousands of mysteries we thought we have solved but we are wrong.
Re: A Thread Of A Trip To Gooonu Banana The Haunted House by krissconnect(m): 5:49pm On May 11, 2021
Following with rapt attention

1 Like

Re: A Thread Of A Trip To Gooonu Banana The Haunted House by Tinyemeka(m): 11:22am On May 12, 2021
There is a similar house at Okwuta, Ibeku, Umuahia in Abia state.

A new 2-storey building containing six flats.

Completely empty for the past 6 years. Previous tenants would hear cries of babies at night all around the house, but would see no child. Everyone packed out of the building in fear and to this day, nobody has moved in.

People say the owner buried children alive in the compound before building the house. My sister told me that the owner also had another property at another location with the same problem.

The man is dead and the properties now lie desolate as weeds have overgrown the building entrances.
Re: A Thread Of A Trip To Gooonu Banana The Haunted House by Redman44(m): 12:19pm On May 12, 2021
interesting cool cool cool cool cool. A good horror movie can be scripted out of this story.
Re: A Thread Of A Trip To Gooonu Banana The Haunted House by Alljoints(m): 11:03am On Apr 28, 2023
Re: A Thread Of A Trip To Gooonu Banana The Haunted House by Alljoints(m): 11:05am On Apr 28, 2023
jo2222:
An indentified Facebook user known as `Kelly Hassino" has organize a trip to the haunted Gooonu Banana with a team of other youth to spend three nights,he is a known Atheist who doubt the believe that Ghost exist which is the main reason he organize this trip.
So I am going to share his experience firsthand on nairaland as he claim his prove that.
About the haunted The rumor behind the building is that the owner was a ritualist who lured a little girl who hawks banana on the street, killed her and buried her corpse on the land this house was built in.

Upon completion of the house, tenants moved in to the house and was haunted by this same little girl's spirit which always cried "Goonu banana" meaning buy your bananas.

It got worse that all the tenants left the house one by one because of the fear that gripped them every night.

It was later told that the owner died a mysterious death. Which people suspected it was the ghost of the little girl whom later haunted him to death.

You seem not to have completed the story, after about two years. Please, do, if you still can. Thanks
Re: A Thread Of A Trip To Gooonu Banana The Haunted House by TheEngineer1: 5:19pm On Dec 04, 2023
jo2222:

Dear OP @jo2222 we are still waiting for the complete story ooo...

(1) (Reply)

Advice A Panel Beater Who Have Money To Travel Out But Don't Know Country To Go / Perfect Vacation In Badagry / Pls i Want To Know More About Norway...

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.