Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,652 members, 7,823,846 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! (24794 Views)

STUDY IN AUSTRIA 2023 (bachelors Degree) / 7 Prisoners Graduate With Bachelors Degree From NOUN In Port Harcourt / How To Apply For Masters & Bachelors Degree At Nexford For Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Angelacruz: 6:38pm On May 13, 2021
I have one month to graduate n i have applied for nursing science as my second degree.No regret,pls go for medicine
Spark2:
More stories and experiences pls
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by odiomachi(m): 6:39pm On May 13, 2021
wont another degree be stressful
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Essentialism(m): 6:39pm On May 13, 2021
pls dont think twice and waste time not. Go for it. I finished with biochemistry in 2012 and went back for medicine in 2018.

4 Likes

Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by sexymonkey(m): 6:42pm On May 13, 2021
money121:

That's the truth my brother..
This brain na money e sabi oo
na money sure pass.
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by praiselin: 6:44pm On May 13, 2021
Hello @spark2 great to hear that you want to pursue a 2nd degree. Well I am currently doing a 2nd degree in Medicine and am in my final year(shoulda graduated buh COVID) . I read Microbiology and tried Direct entry 3times right from my final year of my first degree. Got rejected 2times buh God made a way the 3rd time. If you want to study medicine for a 2nd degree go for it. I remember when I was doing my Youth Service, my fellow Corp members in my PPA made jest of me to my face, buh I have not finished medical school and yet they call me to ask for medical advice. What of in my family, every family member extended and nuclear family wants to associate because i had an opportunity to go work abroad even as a student doctor. I was 25 when I got in then now am 31. Don’t be discouraged. That brain of yours can save 2000lives.Pick up that Direct entry form or Jamb form and go for it with prayer. Mind you some of my Colleagues in final year are Masters Degree holders who did Direct entry too. Don’t let negativity deter you. Go for it.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by chinazaJoshua: 6:45pm On May 13, 2021
Yes you can forge ahead Bro. Age is still on your side. That means all things being equal you will be rounding up at 31 or 32years old but earlier if you are to study abroad.
But my question is can't you get a direct admission since you already have a degree in chemistry. Have you tried other options like seeking for admission in a foreign university for medicine and surgery?

1 Like

Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Bar1941(m): 6:45pm On May 13, 2021
You are 25yrs, by the time you finish your medicine + internship and X factors( strikes and the likes) you will be approaching 40. When precisely are going going to settle down and when are your parents going to derive any benefits from you?.

My friend, gone are the days when unnecessary pressures are placed on studying medicine, nowadays even we see doctors going on strikes due to poor welfare packages from the government, we even see fresh doctors being unemployed after passing through those hard time while studying.

I will advise you take some professional ICT courses in addition to your degree in chemistry but If you insist on studying medicine perhaps your parents are buoyant enough to finance such study, GO AND DO IT ABROAD WHERE JOB SECURITY IS ASCERTAINED.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Puhrs: 6:47pm On May 13, 2021
No
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by tishbite41(m): 6:50pm On May 13, 2021
MrEgghead:
I studied Agric Econs for my 1st degree, then I sat for JAMB UTME in final year and now I'm in 200L. I've never regretted my decision for a single day..In some countries , you must have a degree before going to Medical school..It's Medicine or nothing for me, that was my mantra.

U be Primo brother?
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by reversedrolez: 6:55pm On May 13, 2021
Spark2:
Dear Nairaland,
I am in a state of dilemma now. Choosing between going for masters and pursuing my passion of studying medicine is quite difficult for me.

I studied chemistry Education, graduated well, served and I'm now teaching. I am barely two years into the profession and I am already tired of it. I feel I deserve a career not just a work. A career in medicine for me is something that I belive will make me happy. it's something I can do even if I'm not paid for....I'm 25 years and I feel I have no time again.

I hope to go pick up a JAMB form this week to pursue my passion and happiness. I will not want to make any mistake here. So I believe hearing from people who have been in this shoe will guide me.

Have you been in this situation?
Did you pursue your passion?
Please share your story, age at which this decision was taken and how it has impacted your life.

This will go a long way in guiding me through this critical decision.

Thank you

if you finished with a 2:1 and above why didn't you apply for a job with any of the Big four? PwC, KPMG, Delloitte and Ernst and Young? you will have a career more financially and socially rewarding than medicine will ever offer. You can still apply for PwC by Feb March next year. You should really give it a shot .

Medicine is not what it used to be in terms of prestige... except it's your one true passion

3 Likes

Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by manshoro: 7:02pm On May 13, 2021
Yes you can do it. I graduated from University of Abuja and did another degree course in Plateau State University. I graduated with a very good class of result but yet to get a good and satisfactory job.
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 13, 2021
dunsin125:
Bros, forget timing and go for what will make you happy. Are you so concerned about time that you are willing to live in regrets all the days of your life, time is there to make us do things quick not to cast our happiness aside. Btw, I have my first degree and I've served already but I just entered for medicine. All the best, God bless.
Wow is this Dunsin of mbbs thread ? You later got into Ebsu ?
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Tdotbluejays: 7:03pm On May 13, 2021
Spark2:
Dear Nairaland,
I am in a state of dilemma now. Choosing between going for masters and pursuing my passion of studying medicine is quite difficult for me.

I studied chemistry Education, graduated well, served and I'm now teaching. I am barely two years into the profession and I am already tired of it. I feel I deserve a career not just a work. A career in medicine for me is something that I belive will make me happy. it's something I can do even if I'm not paid for....I'm 25 years and I feel I have no time again.

I hope to go pick up a JAMB form this week to pursue my passion and happiness. I will not want to make any mistake here. So I believe hearing from people who have been in this shoe will guide me.

Please share your story, age at which this decision was taken and how it has impacted your life.

Thank you
This is a no brainer. Go for your passion.
My uncle was a over 50 and a proff of Biochem. He returned to school to become a lawyer. He is now a practicing lawyer with his own chamber.

4 Likes

Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by segun18(m): 7:04pm On May 13, 2021
Spark2:
Dear Nairaland,

Thank you

Pls pursue your dream. I read about a guy in his late 30s in a medical school either at Babcock or one of those universities in Ogun state. Don't let anyone discourage you pls
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Tdotbluejays: 7:07pm On May 13, 2021
reversedrolez:

if you finished with a 2:1 and above why didn't you apply for a job with any of the Big four? PwC, KPMG, Delloitte and Ernst and Young? you will have a career more financially and socially rewarding than medicine will ever offer. You can still apply for PwC by Feb March next year. You should really give it a shot .

Medicine is not what it used to be in terms of prestige... except it's your one true passion
You never know. He might have the opportunity to travel out to practice medicine. The reward would be much more financially rewarding than any big 4 or multinational can offer. It's a lot of work but his passion would be the love for the career he is pursuing.
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Tdotbluejays: 7:09pm On May 13, 2021
odiomachi:
wont another degree be stressful
Depends on your passion and the reward that comes out of it.
Nothing good comes easy my bros.
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Ejaisky: 7:10pm On May 13, 2021
I know someone who read a technical course and taught in school for ten years and retired voluntarily and was getting pension. He went back to school to study law and that was he practised until he passed recently.

2 Likes

Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Tdotbluejays: 7:11pm On May 13, 2021
grandstar:
I know a guy on his last day in Unilag, he said he's going to read Medecine that the engineering he just finished was to please his dad. He seemed so happy and relieved saying that.

I thought he was bonkers
Strange in Nigeria but very common abroad.

1 Like

Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Tdotbluejays: 7:12pm On May 13, 2021
damosade:
Yea, after my HND in electrical/electronics.. Still went to bag a Bsc on Information technology.
Is worth it though
Nice
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by namiji2598: 7:17pm On May 13, 2021
Spark2:
Dear Nairaland,

I studied chemistry Education, graduated well, served and I'm now teaching. I am barely two years into the profession and I am already tired of it. I feel I deserve a career not just a work. A career in medici okne for me is something that I belive will make me happy. it's something I can do even if I'm not paid for....I'm 25 years and I feel I have no time again.

Thank you

I studied chemistry Education too
Graduated 2018 and now teaching
Am 25 years old too just like u

Na only money dey my mind
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Odidigboigbo(m): 7:17pm On May 13, 2021
Op if you have a sponsor, go for it since is medicine. You will catch up with your mates within a space of time after graduation.
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Itzlinda(f): 7:20pm On May 13, 2021
Spark2:
Dear Nairaland,

Thank you

A friend did a degree in physiology. He wrote jamb and got admission to study medicine. He was like 25 then.
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Honeylaz(m): 7:26pm On May 13, 2021
Waisting of time and resources, I'm even tired of my 4 years course now because of unnecessary delay and unstable calendar.
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by marvel2real: 7:30pm On May 13, 2021
Go and run it in Ukraine it faster.
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Honeylaz(m): 7:30pm On May 13, 2021
If you have opportunity to study abroad, that would be better.
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Nobody: 7:32pm On May 13, 2021
Go for your passion.

But still don't forget at the end of everything na money dey end am.

Because no be passion you go use settle down and raise family.

I personally feel 25 is an age of discovery for people because whatever you do at this age affects how your older years will be like.

Don't look at your peers because the truth is not all of them will have it going well.

A good %age of them will end up doing something else than their course, others will be depressed, others will be actually living lavida loca. Some will be dead.

Follow your heart and your passion but don't forget -OWO NI KOKO

1 Like

Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Abuolododo93: 7:40pm On May 13, 2021
Bro,I also have obtained JAMB.I've already studied Language Art Education and now.... LAW!Not in any school,but one of the three best schools in the country.

1 Like

Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Asour: 7:42pm On May 13, 2021
damosade:
Yea, after my HND in electrical/electronics.. Still went to bag a Bsc on Information technology.
Is worth it though
Barring the discriminatory environment in Nigeria,
A HND in EE appears more valuable to me than a BS. In IT. (Note that I think IT is not equal to Comp. Sc. But a subset).

Nice though.
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Anataoku(m): 7:55pm On May 13, 2021
[quote author=Tdotbluejays post=101660787]
This is a no brainer. Go for your passion.
My uncle was a over 50 and a proff of Biochem. He returned to school to become a lawyer. He is now a practicing lawyer with his own chamber.

My people nothing sweet pass following your passion. I did my first degree in industrial chemistry (while I was in this course,I wrote jamb till my yr 3 fighting to switch to medical but no way). After my NYSC, I wrote jamb again, this time I succeeded into medicine (spent 9yrs before graduating ). Topped it up with masters in mental and psychiatric health, now life is so sweet with my passion achieved as if nothing happened.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by efficiencie(m): 7:56pm On May 13, 2021
In Nigeria? More than one BSc.? Am I a masochist?
Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by kenenzo: 8:03pm On May 13, 2021
I studied pharmacology as to pharmacy I wanted to study.coukdnt make the requirements for pharmacy.studied pharmacology and after then,went back to study the desired course.if you have the financial support,I suggest you do..5/6 years will be like yesterday in the future.

3 Likes

Re: Did You Go For Another Bachelors Degree After Your BSc? Pls Share Your Story!! by Asour: 8:03pm On May 13, 2021
Spark2:
Dear Nairaland,

Thank you

Funding and your keen interest are paramount factors here.

Funding for obvious reasons & keen interest for the tough days it becomes hard to keep studying knowing you're a graduate.

I have no personal experience YET but it'll be helpful to see this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngX78e3TfeE&pp=QACIAgE%3D

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Students Forced To Use Typewriters In Business Studies - Edem Ossai Cries Out / World's Smallest Girl Starts School / Benue Students Invent Device For Irrigation Of Food Crops (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.