Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,224 members, 7,829,372 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Actually What Is Bini About Ikwerre? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Actually What Is Bini About Ikwerre? (2462 Views)

How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri / Actually What Is Bini About Ikwerre?? / So You Think Ika Is Bini And Not Igbo? Checkout One To Ten In Ika (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Actually What Is Bini About Ikwerre? by MANDIPUTIN: 2:16pm On May 10, 2021
Recently, just a few years ago, Ogbakor Ikwerre wrote Bini Kingdom a letter seeking to identify with them as to establish an acclaimed Bini ancestry but in response, Bini Kingdom stated that there was no available evidence that Bini has anything to do with Ikwerre ancestrally. This fact is on record but just to state that we must be careful as a people not to allow the quest by some for political correctness cast us into the bottomless pit.

Nobody has said, and I did not say Ikwerre is Igbo, but it is doubtless that Ikwerre as a multi ancestral ethnic block has most of its ancestry traced to Igbo. All the crap that Igbo hates Ikwerre is just a post civil war narrative and script and has never worked for us.
Do you know what is called carbon dating, anthropology, archaeological investigation or DNA of a people? It is there for us to apply further beyond rabblerousing. By the way, assuming without conceding, let us look at it, what Bini documents have you studied or can anyone reference that has Ikwerre or Iwhuoroha as you call it as validating the purported Ikwerre-Bini origin? What is Bini about Ikwerre? Are you aware that Bini people have denied any link with Ikwerre on record?

Ironically, Elele people are in court in Benin claiming that they own Bini and not the other way round. They claim strongly that they were in the land of Bini as owners before the arrival of Bini people in history. It will be an interesting legal engagement.
Are you also aware that there are lots of Ikwerre prominent families that have traced their ancestry to Ngwa, Arum, etc in Igbo land? Are you Aware that Ohaji in Imo state is an Ikwerre clan which Prof. Otinti affirmed in his book History of Ikwerre People Volume 1?

Do you know about Ikwerre-Ede in Imo State?? When you struggle to assert an erroneous Bini ancestry or kill the Igbo roots, you raise the flawed argument of abandoned property yet for the records:
1. Sir Jackson Mpi, first and last Ikwerre to be conferred with Knight of the Order of British Empire, OBE, by Queen Elizabeth II of England in 1960, identified himself as Igbo. From the ancient Kingdom of Isiokpo, Sir Mpi worked tirelessly for Igbo advancement.
2. Dr Obi Wali was the first Ikwerre PhD holder, senator and university lecturer. He was also the only Ikwerre in the 1978 Constituent Assembly where he was selected as one of the 50 Wise Men that drafted the 1979 constitution. The great Dr Wali identified fully with his Igbo heritage and was gruesomely assassinated defending it.
3. Okogbule Wonodi, first Ikwerre registrar of any university, first and only Ikwerre poet and Paramount title Holder of Eze Ohiaemeru.Ohiaemeru, where you have present-day Comprehensive College in Borokiri, was his ancestral home before the British vacated them between 1913-1923. Wonodi remained a respected member of Nzukor Igbo and Ohanaeze Ndigbo till the end of his life.
4. Patriot Emmanuel Aguma was former Mayor of Port Harcourt. As Principal of St John College, Diobu, he was the first Ikwerre to head any college. One of six pre-independence Ikwerre University graduates, former administrator of Port Harcourt Province in the defunct Peoples Republic of Biafra, first Ikwere minister in 1979, Aguma remained a member of Ohanaeze Ndigbo.
5. Emmanuel Oriji was a respected local government administrator, traditional ruler, a commissioner in old Rivers and core Igbo nationalist.
The immediate past Deputy Secretary-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Isaac Wonwu, is an illustrious Ikwerre son from Elele. He is known to assert his Igbo identity. Equally valid, Chief Jackson Womenazu from Rumukurushi in the Evo Kingdom is a member of the Elders’ Council of Ohanaeze Ndigbo.
6. In colonial documents, written when Igbos had no capacity to influence anything, Ikwerres also defined themselves as having Igbo ancestry.

When Ikwerre leaders presented their case before the 1957 Sir Henry Willinks Commission, Wobo declared that Ikwerres were Igbos and Port Harcourt to Onitsha was Igbo land.
The cream of Ikwerreland have asserted their Igboness. Most illustrious sons and daughters.
Tell me any Ikwerre whose CV can match those of Mpi, Wobo, Aguma, Wonodi, Dr Wali etc? Even the Ijaws that are not Igbos in any way worked closely with our Igbo counterparts. Amanyagbor of Kalabari was Adviser to Ojukwu on Political Matters.
The great S.P.U Ogan was Adviser on Traditional Matters. Sylvanus Cookey former VC of Uniport was in the Cabinet office of Ojukwu. He and Arthur Mbanefo were the only person in that office. This is why the likes of Alhaji Asari Dokubo have made frantic moves to establish their alliance with Ndi Igbo and the Biafra question. Need I talk about the strong structure of the ogoni block which has been enviably internationalised?? This is despite the fact that Obio-Akpor Local Government Area in Ikwerre land has more crude oil than the whole of Ogoni land.

This is the record as verified in the NNPC. Where are we actually, what is the definition of our identity? What is our stake in the Nigerian project and what are our demands?? Is this how we want Ikwerre to die? By playing "be careful?"
Untill Ikwerre does the needful to strongly establish its alliance with her strong neighbours without prejudice, we are nearing extinction in many ways, because of the abuse and misery contributorily brought upon us by our own political elites, who have used our strength to trade their selfish political interests, without empowering our people economically for the future. Ikwerre is one of the highest oil-rich ethnic nationalities, and contributes among the highest barrels daily and in revenue to the federation, account yet attempts have been made to suppress this fact, and our own politicians curiously conspire to kill this basic advantage which should be one of our negotiating tools, just because it is not in their selfish interest as they think.

To them, no other Ikwerre sons or daughters must be millionaires or billionaires but come cap in hand to them. Shame! Let me ask a simple question, if anarchy or war breaks out today, or this disputed Nigeria tears apart, where will Ikwerre be in the equation?

Major ethnic blocks are busy forming cohesion and synergy for the future while we are still fighting identity crisis.
We should better wake up and face reality. Anyone can chose to get primordial about these realities but we can not run away and expect to thrive by taking the back seats in almost everything.

© LIVINGSTONE WECHIE Is Ikwerre, a native of Nkpolu Oroworukwo Community, Rebisi, in the Port Harcourt City Local Government Area of Rivers State.
He is the Convener of IKWERRE PEOPLE'S CONGRESS (IPC) and the Executive Director, THE INTEGRITY FRIENDS FOR TRUTH AND PEACE INITIATIVE (TIFPI)
He is a Lawyer, Human Rights Activist and Researcher.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Actually What Is Bini About Ikwerre? by Adekamkpe23: 2:43pm On May 10, 2021
Attachee by force. If Ikwere says they are from Bini, flaties would go mad.

5 Likes

Re: Actually What Is Bini About Ikwerre? by e4real: 2:55pm On May 10, 2021
Adekamkpe23:
Attachee by force. If Ikwere says they are from Bini, flaties would go mad.

You're an Idiott. The OP is an Ikwere man. Why don't you read the article first before writing this nonsense. Igbos are blessed and no one is forcing each other to be Igbo. Don't let ur hatred for Igbos kill you. Time for divide and rule has gone. Igbos are one people

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Actually What Is Bini About Ikwerre? by donbachi(m): 2:59pm On May 10, 2021
Dont mind dem.carry rumuomasi declaration of 1965,dey deceive dem sef..maybe,na the "bia pa,miniwiri and ize pele".na e be bini.

5 Likes

Re: Actually What Is Bini About Ikwerre? by survivor10(m): 3:02pm On May 10, 2021
Divide and rule is the cause of this identity crisis. It's well.

4 Likes

Re: Actually What Is Bini About Ikwerre? by Fejoku: 3:19pm On May 10, 2021
Ok. Over to the usual haters who claim Igbos are forcing themselves on Ikwerre. Many of such demented people don't even have a single cultural or anthropological reason for being against the Igbo/Ikwerre connection save for sheer prejudice and hatred. If you ask them to show you the boundary of Ikwerre territory, they'll run away because they don't know. All what they want to believe is that Igbos must be wrong in their claim on Ikwerres. Such a set of shameless people.
I'm not from Rivers and previously was totally ignorant of Ikwerre existence until I began my sojourn. It was thereafter I took interest in understanding the Igbo/Ikwerre relationship.
Ikwerres are the dominant group in the PH metropolitan area with the Kalabaris and Okrikas occupying mostly the waterside and tiny islands that dot the area south of PH city. On the whole of Eastern PH city are the Ogonis to the NE and East proper to the Andonis to the SE. Other the SW of the metropolis are the Kalabaris. To the north of the metropolis are the three other Igbo groups namely Ikwerre, Etche and Asa/Ndoki. These are the ones that have boundaries with Imo and Abia states. If you go around all those areas you won't even know which state that you are because the language, culture and style of doing things are the same. The level of mutual intelligibility begins to diminish as you go down towards the coast but there's no time the level of intelligibility is out of tune to suggest that part were not Igbos. This situation was so far back in the days but today, the level of intelligibility has really improved just as it has in the interior parts of SE.
From the foregoing, one can see that though Ikwerres share boundary with both the Ogonis and Kalabaris and Okrikas(Ijaws), the there's no language similarity with them. The level of shared culture is very minute and not even do they share names. To the far West and NW of the Ikwerre area are the Orashis comprising another Igbo and Igboid groups. The Igbo groups are the Egbemas, Ogbas and Ndoni while the Ekpeyes are the only ones I consider an Igboid group. I group all of them as Orashis because of the Orashi river that flows through that area.
Back to the Ikwerres. There's no single anthropological or cultural link between them and Benin. Not the language, not the culture, not the food, not the names, not even deities so how come the claims of Ikwerre originating from Benin? Any group that claims having Benin origin or to have at one time had something to do with Benin has a common denominator which is the use of the word 'Osa' or 'Ose' or 'Olisa' or 'Orisa' in reference to God. The same is applicable to Yorubas who use the word 'Osa' or 'Orisa' in reference to God. For our Anioma brothers, the common usage of names like Osakwe, Oliseh, Olisa etc proves the contact they had with Benin. The Yorubas who use names like Osarinde, Osayomi, Osewa etc proves the contact they had with Benin. No Oyo or Kwara person bears such names. The same can be said of our Ikwerre brothers. They have no single connection with Benin so these new drive for claiming Benin origin is just a mockery of history to every true anthropologists.
I'll conclude by saying that any group of persons can decide whatever political decisions they want for their people but they mustn't tamper with history because it will surely come back to hunt them.
NB: Chibuike Amaechi's place 'Ubima' is just 10km from the boundary with Imo state and they use 'umu' like other Igbos in the SE for reffering to descendants or children as the case may be. When he claimed he has Igbo ancestry, as much as we could view it as a political strategy to curry acceptance from the SE, he is saying the truth. Even Wike the blood sucker knows in his heart where his ancestry comes from but for the sake of politics, he blatantly denies it.
Ubochi nta ka anyi chuo na owerre nchi.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Actually What Is Bini About Ikwerre? by Igboid: 3:30pm On May 10, 2021
Ikwerre is not Igbo . Ara agbakwana unu o!
Amaechi is looking for who to scam and it's a pity some Igbos are falling for it.

As for Olisa/Olise/Orisa/Orise names.
It doesn't belong to Binis. It's one of those words we share in common when we were members of same group now called YEAII (Yoruba, Edo, Akoko,Igbo,Igala) in the past.
Each of us took the name from that common YEAII language that is now extinct.

The name is used in parts of Imo and Anambra that has nothing to do with Bini and that never had any thing to do with Bini.

Concerning the Ikwerres, you Igbos should let them be, they are not that important. If they say they don't want to be Igbo, it's their right and choice, let them be for crying out loud.

Ikwerre is not Igbo, any dubious Ikwerre man claiming Igbo is an impostor and it's the duty of bonafide Igbos to disgrace such a person and not shelter them in our gathering. Water and oil should not mix.

Amaechi is Igbo today because he reckons he might need Igbo votes in his future federal positions search. Once that is secured,he stops being Igbo. I don't know why Ndiigbo would deliberately allow ourselves to be pawns in these lots trickery and treachery.

Ike agwubeghi unu? Emelu unu ya eme?

9 Likes

Re: Actually What Is Bini About Ikwerre? by AntiIgbo: 3:35pm On May 10, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Actually What Is Bini About Ikwerre? by Ojiofor: 3:44pm On May 10, 2021
Nothing to be excited about.
Ikwerre are not Igbo according to Ogbakor Ikwerre the umbrella organisation of Ikwerre people so therefore opinion of one man doesn't matter shit.

2 Likes

Re: Actually What Is Bini About Ikwerre? by AntiIgbo: 3:48pm On May 10, 2021

3 Likes

Re: Actually What Is Bini About Ikwerre? by OROSUNBOLB(m): 4:33pm On May 10, 2021
Hmm,this is deep ! Only an hypocrite would doubt the Igboness of the Ikwere; they are Igbo. Ikwere people have everything in common with the Igbo but I personally can't point out anything they share with the Bini.

This crisis of identity is similarly found among the Itshekiri. While some see themselves as Yoruba ancestrally, others believe in their Bini's ancestry. I doubt the authenticity of the latter's claim though. This reminds me of a conversation I had sometimes ago with a late colleague's husband who is an Itshekiri man. The wife was Igbo but he gave her an Itshekiri name - Eyitemi. So he visited his wife at Ile Ife where we were working then and I was so pleased to welcome my Itshekiri brother to Ile Ife, the cradle of Yoruba race !

I said to him that he must really feel at home in Yoruba land being an Itshekiri man but he made me to understand that he was more of Bini,ancestrally ! I knew he was wrong,so I asked him if he believed any Bini man,that had never lived in Yoruba land before,would know the meaning of "Eyitemi" - his wife's Itshekiri name ? He couldn't answer. I told him," here I'm, a Yoruba man that has never stepped on your soil,I know what it means" ! He said I should tell him and told him - Eyitemi means "My own or this is my own" in a broad term,that's "Eyi ni temi ! He said I was right,of course I was ! He later told me that his father said they were originally from Bini but I told him that his Father couldn't be right and we ended the conversation on that note.

However, if there is anyone here that knows historical, especially cultural relationship between the Bini and the Itshekiri, kindly share with us. I know that the Itshekiri left Ijebu axis of Yoruba land for their present location. I do not have any issue with any Itshekiri that sees himself or herself as Bini ancestrally; na free world !

So, I agree completely with the OP that the Ikwere are of Igbo stock ancestrally. The connections are just too strong to be ignored but if the Ikwere have chosen not to be Igbo,Igbo people should respect their choice.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Actually What Is Bini About Ikwerre? by Fejoku: 4:58pm On May 10, 2021
Igboid:
Ikwerre is not Igbo . Ara agabakwana unu o!
Amaechi is looking for who to scam and it's a pity some Igbos are falling for it.

It doesn't belong to Binis. It's one of those words we share in common when we were members of same group now called YEAII (Yoruba, Edo, Akoko,Igbo,Igala) in the past.

The name is used in parts of Imo and Anambra that has nothing to do with Bini and that never had any thing to do with Bini.

Concerning the Ikwerres, your Igbos should let them be, they are not that important. If they say they don't want to be Igbo, it's their right and choice, let them be for crying out loud.

Ikwerre is not Igbo, any dubious Ikwerre man claiming Igbo is an impostor and it's the duty of bonafide Igbos to disgrace such a person and not shelter them in our gathering. Water and oil should not mix.

Amaechi is Igbo today because he reckons he might need Igbo votes in his future federal positions search. Once that is secured,he stops being Igbo. I don't know why Ndiigbo would deliberately allow ourselves to be pawns in these lots trickery and treachery.

I know what angle you are coming from.
Are you saying the writer of that article is wrong?
Re: Actually What Is Bini About Ikwerre? by BKayy: 5:01pm On May 10, 2021
As a proud Nwa afọ Igbo, all I have to say is Ikwerre is not Igbo

7 Likes

Re: Actually What Is Bini About Ikwerre? by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 5:04pm On May 10, 2021
e4real:

You're an Idiott. The OP is an Ikwere man. Why don't you read the article first before writing this nonsense. Igbos are blessed and no one is forcing each other to be Igbo. Don't let ur hatred for Igbos kill you. Time for divide and rule has gone. Igbos are one people
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin lmao
Re: Actually What Is Bini About Ikwerre? by gidgiddy: 5:23pm On May 10, 2021
Ironically, Elele people are in court in Benin claiming that they own Bini and not the other way round. They claim strongly that they were in the land of Bini as owners before the arrival of Bini people in history. It will be an interesting legal engagement.

Interesting

2 Likes

Re: Actually What Is Bini About Ikwerre? by Igboid: 5:32pm On May 10, 2021
Fejoku:

I know what angle you are coming from.
Are you saying the writer of that article is wrong?

The writer is an Amaechi agent.
They are all scammers Working hard for Igbo votes, by counting on weak and emotional mentality of many Igbos towards such issues.

We should be strong enough and slam the door hard and harsh on the face of those Bini tricksters.
Stop falling for their manipulations for crying out loud. They become emergency Igbos when they need Igbo votes or support and revert back to their default Igbophobic settings once they feel they no longer need Igbo votes.
Look at Wike. Not long ago he was claiming to be reincarnation of Ojukwu, just to press the emotional buttons of gullible Igbos, today he is showing his true Ikwerre colors.

If the writer has an issue with his non Igbo tag, he should be writing to Ogbako Ikwerre, and not on social media.
Mind you, his(the writer) principal, Amaechi Rotimi, is a high ranking member of Ogbako Ikwerre, and he has not for one day questioned Ogbakor Ikwerre non Igbo stance on issues.
Cunny man die, cunny man bury am.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Actually What Is Bini About Ikwerre? by Igboid: 5:33pm On May 10, 2021
BKayy:
As a proud Nwa afọ Igbo, all I have to say is Ikwerre is not Igbo

Full stop.
How hard can that be to see?

6 Likes

Re: Actually What Is Bini About Ikwerre? by Tranquill: 5:49pm On May 10, 2021
This is another wack job by ipofools, biafrats and other Igbo buffoons who wake up everyday thinking of stories to fabricate that makes them feel good. I must give them the credit for being good fictional writers but, what I do not understand is why engage in drug peddling instead of spending time to publish their fictions in book forms so that people like us can buy from them. OK quick money which they call EGO MBUTE!

Livingstone Wechie whom I know personally, can not write and did not write this trash. For the avoidance of doubt, see the comment below by Livingstone Wechie that was carried by various news outlets, in response to Asari Dokubo's formation of Biafra Customary Government (BCG just some few weeks ago:

My advice to munmun Igboid and his co travelers: Stop fooling yourselves and accept reality, even if reluctantly. Using a different moniker to write nonsense and then start commenting with other monikers will not change anything.

Ikwerre is not Igbo and will not be Igbo.

Ikwerre blasts Asari for forming Biafra group

Ikwerre People’s Congress (IPC) has condemned Mujahid Asari-Dokubo for announcing the formation of Biafra Customary Government (BCG), which encompasses South East and South South regions.

The group described the BCG formation as a fiction movie.

Convener of IPC, Livingstone Wechie, in a statement in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, yesterday, said Asari’s antecedents were fraught with inconsistencies.

Wechie said Asari lacked the power and permission to speak for Ikwerre people or solely for the Niger Delta people.

“IPC attention has been drawn to a certain report wherein Asari-Dokubo purportedly proclaimed himself as the leader of a group he christened ‘Biafra’ and has allegedly co-opted the entire Niger Delta, including Ikwerre land into his imaginary map.

“Ordinarily, we are compelled to address and react to this vexatious report not minding the fact that the antecedents of Asari-Dokubo is fraught with inconsistencies. This is for record purposes, so that the unsuspecting public is not misled by this fiction movie.

“Whereas IPC and, in deed, Niger Deltans and the entire Lower Niger Belt respect individual rights, including Asari’s freedom of expression and association. These rights have their fundamental limitations and implications and apply to Asari.

“For the records, Ikwerre is an independent ethnic nation in Nigeria with a global spread and are not subservient to any other ethnic block whatsoever and under any guise.

“Therefore, IPC, in its right along with other credible sociocultural organisations in Ikwerre nation, are the only bodies with the legitimate authority to make representations and speak on behalf of the Ikwerre nation and its people on issues that affect our interest.

“On this note, we state categorically that although Asari’s fore-bearers owe their ancestry to Ikwerre nation, and whereas, Asari is a Niger Delta son with his fundamental rights to his identity and affinities, he does not have the right, authority, permission and or legitimacy to speak on behalf of the Ikwerre nation or to speak solely for the Niger Delta under any guise either by himself or through his cronies or agents.

“No doubt, we have disputation and aspirations in pursuit of the respect and demand for self-determination over our lands and resources, including political rights as a people in the Lower Niger and the Niger Delta, in particular, which aspirations we share with our neighbours and ethnic counterparts.”

Wechie said no position, negotiation or consultations would be made over the Ikwerre nation without their voluntary consent and mandate.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/ikwerre-blasts-asari-for-forming-biafra-group-2/
Re: Actually What Is Bini About Ikwerre? by Nobody: 5:50pm On May 10, 2021
Nobody wants to live amongst Igbos, not even Igbos want to live amongst themselves at home. Unfortunate truth is nobody likes Igbos. Igbos who want to remain with this hateful Nigerians lack self respect. Biafra is Anambra, Enugu, Imo, Abia and Ebonyi

2 Likes

Re: Actually What Is Bini About Ikwerre? by Igboid: 5:57pm On May 10, 2021
Tranquill:
This is another wack job by ipofools, biafrats and other Igbo buffoons who wake up everyday thinking of stories to fabricate that makes them feel good. I must give them the credit for being good fictional writes but what I do not understand is why engage in drug peddling instead of spending time to publish their fictions in book forms so that people like us can buy from them. OK quick money which they call EGO MBUTE!

Livingstone Wechie whom I know personally, can not write and did not write this trash. For the avoidance of doubt, see the comment below by livingstone Wechie that was carried by various news outlets, in response to Asari Dokubo's formation of Biafra Customary Government (BCG just some few weeks ago:

My advice to munmun Igboid and his co travelers: Stop fooling yourselves and accept reality, even if reluctantly. Using a different moniker to write nonsense and then start commenting with other monikers will not change anything.

Ikwerre is not Igbo and will not be Igbo.

Ikwerre blasts Asari for forming Biafra group

Ikwerre People’s Congress (IPC) has condemned Mujahid Asari-Dokubo for announcing the formation of Biafra Customary Government (BCG), which encompasses South East and South South regions.

The group described the BCG formation as a fiction movie.

Convener of IPC, Livingstone Wechie, in a statement in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, yesterday, said Asari’s antecedents were fraught with inconsistencies.

Wechie said Asari lacked the power and permission to speak for Ikwerre people or solely for the Niger Delta people.

“IPC attention has been drawn to a certain report wherein Asari-Dokubo purportedly proclaimed himself as the leader of a group he christened ‘Biafra’ and has allegedly co-opted the entire Niger Delta, including Ikwerre land into his imaginary map.

“Ordinarily, we are compelled to address and react to this vexatious report not minding the fact that the antecedents of Asari-Dokubo is fraught with inconsistencies. This is for record purposes, so that the unsuspecting public is not misled by this fiction movie.

“Whereas IPC and, in deed, Niger Deltans and the entire Lower Niger Belt respect individual rights, including Asari’s freedom of expression and association. These rights have their fundamental limitations and implications and apply to Asari.

“For the records, Ikwerre is an independent ethnic nation in Nigeria with a global spread and are not subservient to any other ethnic block whatsoever and under any guise.

“Therefore, IPC, in its right along with other credible sociocultural organisations in Ikwerre nation, are the only bodies with the legitimate authority to make representations and speak on behalf of the Ikwerre nation and its people on issues that affect our interest.

“On this note, we state categorically that although Asari’s fore-bearers owe their ancestry to Ikwerre nation, and whereas, Asari is a Niger Delta son with his fundamental rights to his identity and affinities, he does not have the right, authority, permission and or legitimacy to speak on behalf of the Ikwerre nation or to speak solely for the Niger Delta under any guise either by himself or through his cronies or agents.

“No doubt, we have disputation and aspirations in pursuit of the respect and demand for self-determination over our lands and resources, including political rights as a people in the Lower Niger and the Niger Delta, in particular, which aspirations we share with our neighbours and ethnic counterparts.”

Wechie said no position, negotiation or consultations would be made over the Ikwerre nation without their voluntary consent and mandate.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/ikwerre-blasts-asari-for-forming-biafra-group-2/

Of course I knew that Wechie is a typical Igbophobic Ikwerre man who becomes Igbo at will and reverts back to his Igbophobic default settings when convenient. He and other Ikwerres count on the emotional stupidity of many lost Igbos to remain in business.
Amaechi Rotimi is currently playing that same game and Wechie is a well known Amaechi stooge. The purpose of that his post is to get retarded Igbos jumping like monkeys again and before long, they would stupidity queue up and hand Amaechi Igbo support when he needs them, just before Amaechi reverts back to his Igbophobic default settings of all Ikwerre people.
Many of us know you sick games already.

Nevertheless, the post shared on this OP thread was made by Wechie Livingston.
It's still on his wall.
Below is the link and I attached a screenshot too.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1276485236082414&id=100011628497729&ref=m_notif&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic_tagged

If only Ndiigbo would grow a brain and understand the game you Igbophobic Igboids are playing, we would be better for it.

2 Likes

Re: Actually What Is Bini About Ikwerre? by Igboid: 6:08pm On May 10, 2021
Truth of the matter is that sensible Igbo nationalists like myself are currently livid with how Ndiigbo have handled our relationship with Igbophobic Bini Igboid minorities.
We are wondering why we have these Igbophobes Manning positions in Ohanaeze Ndiigbo.
We are wondering why these parasitic impostors are allowed to impersonate and claim to be Igbo at will, without serious and well directed backlash and ridicule of such persons from Igbo central bodies.
We are livid that many Igbos would gullibly lend themselves to the manipulations of these Igbophobic Igboid minority groups.

We watch all these in pure anger.

We wish for hate be returned for hate. Loathe for Loathe for loathe, resentment for resentment, vendetta for vendetta.
We would wish we don't have these Igbophobes contaminating Igbo organizations, serving as moles, relaying our family secrets to their Ogbakor Ikwerre body who are in bed with the rest of Igbophobic elements in Nigeria.
We are wondering how an Ikwerre person rose to become Secretary general of Ohanaeze Ndiigbo.

We are dumbfounded. We are full of questions, questions we get no answers for.
We hope to inspire our current and future Igbo generation to do better than our parents did in terms of relationship with Igbophobic Bini Igboid minorities.

We hope to achieve this by mass campaign in social media.

6 Likes

Re: Actually What Is Bini About Ikwerre? by Nobody: 6:18pm On May 10, 2021
Igboid:
Truth of the matter is that sensible Igbo nationalists like myself are currently livid with how Ndiigbo have handled our relationship with Igbophobic Bini Igboid minorities.
We are wondering why we have these Igbophobes Manning positions in Ohanaeze Ndiigbo.
We are wondering why these parasitic impostors are allowed to impersonate and claim to be Igbo at will, without serious and well directed backlash and ridicule of such persons from Igbo central bodies.
We are livid that many Igbos would gullibly lend themselves to the manipulations of these Igbophobic Igboid minority groups.

We watch all these in pure anger.

We wish for hate be returned for hate. Loathe for Loathe for loathe, resentment for resentment, vendetta for vendetta.
We would wish we don't have these Igbophobes contaminating Igbo organizations, serving as moles, relaying our family secrets to their Ogbakor Ikwerre body who are in bed with the rest of Igbophobic elements in Nigeria.
We are wondering how an Ikwerre person rose to become Secretary general of Ohanaeze Ndiigbo.

We are dumbfounded. We are full of questions, questions we get no answers for.
We hope to inspire our current Igbo generation to do better than our parents did in terms of relationship with Igbophobic Bini Igboid minorities.

We hope to achieve this by mass campaign in social media.
Relax ..your father's would soon hand over to us ...then we would show them camp

If your village head doesn't declare your people igbos no position for you

Ikweres , ika would be banned from ever claiming igbo

Just relax time is coming

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Actually What Is Bini About Ikwerre? by Tranquill: 6:26pm On May 10, 2021
Igboid:

Of course I knew that Wechie is a typical Igbophobic Ikwerre man who becomes Igbo at will and reverts back to his Igbophobic default settings when convenient. He and other Ikwerres count on the emotional stupidity of many lost Igbos to remain in business.
Amaechi Rotimi is currently playing that same game and Wechie is a well known Amaechi stooge. The purpose of that his post is to get retarded Igbos jumping like monkeys again and before long, they would stupidity queue up and hand Amaechi Igbo support when he needs them, just before Amaechi reverts back to his Igbophobic default settings of all Ikwerre people.
Many of us know you sick games already.

Nevertheless, the post shared on this OP thread was made by Wechie Livingston.
It's still on his wall.
Below is the link and I attached a screenshot too.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1276485236082414&id=100011628497729&ref=m_notif&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic_tagged

If only Ndiigbo would grow a brain and understand the game you Igbophobic Igboids are playing, we would be better for it.

Re: Actually What Is Bini About Ikwerre? by Igboid: 6:27pm On May 10, 2021
Igbochief001:

Relax ..your father's would soon hand over to us ...then we would show them camp

The time cannot come soon enough. Because I personally cannot wait.

As a rule , I remove myself from any Igbo social media platform where these Igbophobic Igboids are allowed to be members.
And In life, I remove myself from any Igbo organization that allows any of them to be members. All of us cannot be going mad at same time for crying out loud.
We can as well have Yorubas and Fulanis as members as there are no difference between those two and these Igboids.

1 Like

Re: Actually What Is Bini About Ikwerre? by Igboid: 6:35pm On May 10, 2021
Tranquill:

Lol! Nwoke m, akpaa gi I puo n'uzo ka Akpa ndi Ozo.
Wechie Livingston is a typical dubious Igbophobic Ikwerre man like Amaechi Rotimi, counting on emotional stupidity of Igbos to remain in business.
We know you lots very well. And we know you have nothing to offer Ndiigbo as a group,which is why we will never allow your con men to claim Igbo, we would disgrace all of them.

5 Likes

Re: Actually What Is Bini About Ikwerre? by owobokiri(m): 7:15pm On May 10, 2021
Igbochief001:

But politics is not played like that bro..
Until they started their genocidal quest, many minorities of the north identified with the fuulani, including the majority Hausas. Many Western groups in the mould of the igboids of the east have been so subsumed to the Yorubas, you wouldn't even know they exist. You know why? Because it's both economically and politically rewarding. These two groups, the Yorubas and the fulanis, gambled with a war and managed to win trillions of dollars in oil and gas resources for their people and supporters.

It wasn't the case in the east. Infact, contrary to the gains of the minorities in the West and North, our bunch of wayward minorities suffered immensely. Adekunle killed many, Murtala finished all males he met at Asaba! They were left bare because of the results of that war and those who insisted to side with the Igbos, were hounded down to death like Obi Wali. It was brutal! We failed as a big brother and that to me is a big fail! Denying their igbo heritage in certain cases became a survival strategy. As disheartening as that is, most took such decisions because they were at the most vulnerable stage in their existence..

While it's obvious that this position has stiffened in some places now, like in ikwerre land, while also taking into cognizance the fact that the ikwerre committed crimes against humanity on the Igbos with the abandoned property saga, is it not better for the igbo to identify those "pro igbo elements" in these zone, and try to wrestle the political machinery of the south south left in the hands of "anti igbo characters" by the fuulani-yoruba combo, and hand over same back to the likes of the pro-east characters like the Obi Walis clan? Isn't that called politics? All these "slam the doors" talk is too emotional for practical politics if you ask me..

5 Likes

Re: Actually What Is Bini About Ikwerre? by Fejoku: 7:37pm On May 10, 2021
Igboid:

The writer is an Amaechi agent.
They are all scammers Working hard for Igbo votes, by counting on weak and emotional mentality of many Igbos towards such issues.

We should be strong enough and slam the door hard and harsh on the face of those Bini tricksters.
Stop falling for their manipulations for crying out loud. They become emergency Igbos when they need Igbo votes or support and revert back to their default Igbophobic settings once they feel they no longer need Igbo votes.
Look at Wike. Not long ago he was claiming to be reincarnation of Ojukwu, just to press the emotional buttons of gullible Igbos, today he is showing his true Ikwerre colors.

If the writer has an issue with his non Igbo tag, he should be writing to Ogbako Ikwerre, and not on social media.
Mind you, his(the writer) principal, Amaechi Rotimi, is a high ranking member of Ogbako Ikwerre, and he has not for one day questioned Ogbakor Ikwerre non Igbo stance on issues.
Ok. Ogbakor Ikwerre will have to come out and speak on this issue before Amaechi will be taken seriously.

2 Likes

Re: Actually What Is Bini About Ikwerre? by Fejoku: 7:40pm On May 10, 2021
owobokiri:

Until they started their genocidal quest, many minorities of the north identified with the fuulani, including the majority Hausas. Many Western groups in the mould of the igboids of the east have been so subsumed to the Yorubas, you wouldn't even know they exist. You know why? Because it's both economically and politically rewarding. These two groups, the Yorubas and the fulanis, gambled with a war and managed to win trillions of dollars in oil and gas resources for their people and supporters.

It wasn't the case in the east. Infact, contrary to the gains of the minorities in the West and North, our bunch of wayward minorities suffered immensely. Adekunle killed many, Murtala finished all males he met at Asaba! They were left bare because of the results of that war and those who insisted to side with the Igbos, were hounded down to death like Obi Wali. It was brutal! We failed as a big brother and that to me is a big fail! Denying their igbo heritage in certain cases became a survival strategy. As disheartening as that is, most took such decisions because they were at the most vulnerable stage in their existence..

While it's obvious that this position has stiffened in some places now, like in ikwerre land, while also taking into cognizance the fact that the ikwerre committed crimes against humanity on the Igbos with the abandoned property saga, is it not better for the igbo to identify those "pro igbo elements" in these zone, and try to wrestle the political machinery of the south south left in the hands of "anti igbo characters" by the fuulani-yoruba combo, and hand over same back to the likes of the pro-east characters like the Obi Walis clan? Isn't that called politics? All these "slam the doors" talk is too emotional for practical politics if you ask me..
I agree with you and this is my position. It is more practical than Igboid's strategy.

3 Likes

Re: Actually What Is Bini About Ikwerre? by Igboid: 8:10pm On May 10, 2021
Fejoku:

Ok. Ogbakor Ikwerre will have to come out and speak on this issue before Amaechi will be taken seriously.

They have already done that countless times and have maintained their Igbophobic default settings.
Which is why I'm baffled at how easy Igbos are falling for Amaechi con game.

1 Like

Re: Actually What Is Bini About Ikwerre? by Collyweed: 8:13pm On May 10, 2021
owobokiri:

Stop the pity party! The war ended over half a century ago.

They have all made their position known and abundantly too. And we have heard and we will not forget. We freaking don't need any of them.

3 Likes

Re: Actually What Is Bini About Ikwerre? by Igboid: 8:28pm On May 10, 2021
owobokiri:

While it's obvious that this position has stiffened in some places now, like in ikwerre land, while also taking into cognizance the fact that the ikwerre committed crimes against humanity on the Igbos with the abandoned property saga,
is it not better for the igbo to identify those "pro igbo elements" in these zone, and try to wrestle the political machinery of the south south left in the hands of "anti igbo characters" by the fuulani-yoruba combo,
and hand over same back to the likes of the pro-east characters like the Obi Walis clan? Isn't that called politics? All these "slam the doors" talk is too emotional for practical politics if you ask me..

Problem with people like you is that you are emotional, yet you don't realize it.
It's your emotions talking right there and not your brain.
There are no pro Igbo elements in Ikwerre land, they all become pro Igbo at different times in their lives when being so offer some advantage and quickly revert to their default Igbophobic settings once things normalize. If you live in PH, you would know these people well.
The ones you currently think are pro Igbo are only so because it's currently favorable to them. When it no longer is, they revert to default setting.
Obi Wali was a member of Ogbako Ikwerre and a close friend of Elechi Amadi. I don't remember him ever speaking up against Ogbakor Ikwerre position. Some of you are blinded by emotions that you can't see anymore.

Amaechi is claiming Igbo now, but he remains a member of Ogbakor Ikwerre, an organization it's Igbo hate is well known. He has never for once challenged them.
And when he was the governor of Rivers State, he was very Igbophobic so as to align with the Igbophobic nature of his Ikwerre people.
I remember him asking GEJ if they (Ndi Rivers State) are Biafrans, when they lost oil fields to Bayelsa and some to Abia.
Amaechi was reminding GEJ that removal of oil producing locations from a state is special treatment reserved for Ndiigbo(Biafrans) and not for him and his Rivers people.

But today Amaechi has become Igbo overnight and some of you out of emotions are now developing selective amnesia.

7 Likes

Re: Actually What Is Bini About Ikwerre? by ChangedMan1999(m): 8:57pm On May 10, 2021
Igboid:
Ikwerre is not Igbo . Ara agabakwana unu o!

The name is used in parts of Imo and Anambra that has no5thing to do with Bini and that never had any thing to do with Bini.

Concerning the Ikwerres, your Igbos should let them be, they are not that important. If they say they don't want to be Igbo, it's their right and choice, let them be for crying out loud.

Nwanne,

I like this comment

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

International U.N Laws On Lawful Transfer Of Wanted Persons / Traders Beat Suspected IPOB Member To Death For Enforcing Sit At Home / APC Crisis: How Five APC Governors Staged ‘Coup’ Against Buni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.