Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Why Do People Like Goat Meat? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Do People Like Goat Meat? (16917 Views)

Goat Meat - Are You Among The Very Many That Hate It / Asun ( Barbecued Goat Meat) / Goat Meat, Beef, Chicken, Fish: which do you prefer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Like Goat Meat? by Reference(m): 12:01pm On Jun 09, 2011
dubem3:

one man's meat, another man's poison grin[color=#990000][/color]

My real poison. Can't stand the smell, just can't embarassed embarassed embarassed.
Re: Why Do People Like Goat Meat? by rhymz(m): 6:38pm On Jun 09, 2011
OgidiBoy:

Question for goat meat experts: Is there any difference between the meat of a female goat to a male goat, I hear folks say the male goat meat

is better. I drove my Mom to the farm the other day to buy a goat, and the were selling the female goat like $40 cheaper.
Actually, he-goats are more expensive than their female counter part prolly cos of the difference in tast and the fact their meat is soft and takes less time to cook compared to the she-goats whose meat is strong and takes more time and ingridients to cook. My mum usually says that it will take twice the amount of ingridients used in cooking a he-goat to cook a she-goat.
Another thing if some of you habe noticed is that there is usually a time the he-goat's "offensive"(cos me i don't find it offensive sha) smell becomes very strong that one can percieve it from miles away, they smell strong when thet are in their "heat period", usually early in the morning and night time when they want to mate the she-goat. I think the increase in smell comes from more testosteron production. Another thing is the difference between the native goats and the conventional Hause agric goats(the ones with long legs and usually brown). I ve eaten goat meat long enough to know that the native goats taste way better and oozes more strongly than the agric.
Anyway, goat meat is way better and more nutritional than pork and beef.
It is the best meat for egusi soup and very good too for stew, mumsi uses it a lot for stew in my house. Then the pepper soup is mehn, delicious to say the list. If you want to enjoy goat-meat pepper soup, look for an Anambra woman that does the ish in any restaurant-bar, mehn those women are endowed with culinary skills that can only be rivalled by calabars.
Re: Why Do People Like Goat Meat? by armyofone(m): 6:47pm On Jun 09, 2011
come see analysis of GM 101

rhymz:

Actually, he-goats are more expensive than their female counter part prolly cos of the difference in tast and the fact their meat is soft and takes less time to cook compared to the she-goats whose meat is strong and takes more time and ingridients to cook. My mum usually says that it will take twice the amount of ingridients used in cooking a he-goat to cook a she-goat.
Another thing if some of you habe noticed is that there is usually a time the he-goat's "offensive"(cos me i don't find it offensive sha) smell becomes very strong that one can percieve it from miles away, they smell strong when thet are in their "heat period", usually early in the morning and night time when they want to mate the she-goat. I think the increase in smell comes from more testosteron production. Another thing is the difference between the native goats and the conventional Hause agric goats(the ones with long legs and usually brown). I ve eaten goat meat long enough to know that the native goa
ts taste way better and oozes more strongly than the agric.
It is the best meat for egusi soup and very good too for stew, mumsi uses it a lot for stew in my house. Then the pepper soup is mehn, delicious to say the list. If you want to enjoy goat-meat pepper soup, look for an Anambra woman that does the ish in any restaurant-bar, mehn those women are endowed with culinary skills that can only be rivalled by calabars.
na you dey teach goat buyer Ogidiboy abt gm?  grin he drove his mom to afia ewu for Texas go buy 1 live goat o
True sha i like gm for ofe egusi and stew. i miss it but tonite, i'm going to get me Jamaica curry goat for dinner.
Re: Why Do People Like Goat Meat? by Koolking(m): 5:56pm On Jun 10, 2011
the smell itself is a fantastic aroma in stew. it is irresistible and inviting

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Like Goat Meat? by HoTeToSe: 9:42pm On Jun 10, 2011
Re: Why Do People Like Goat Meat? by OgidiBoy(m): 11:17pm On Jun 10, 2011
rhymz:

Another thing if some of you habe noticed is that there is usually a time the he-goat's "offensive"(cos me i don't find it offensive sha) smell becomes very strong that one can percieve it from miles away, they smell strong when thet are in their "heat period", usually early in the morning and night time when they want to mate the she-goat. I think the increase in smell comes from more testosteron production. Another thing is the difference between the native goats and the conventional Hause agric goats(the ones with long legs and usually brown). I ve eaten goat meat long enough to know that the native goats taste way better and oozes more strongly than the agric.

Thank you my brother, you sure do know alot about goat meat
Re: Why Do People Like Goat Meat? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:26am On Jun 11, 2011
[size=13pt]I think there was some error when you first tested it inside your mouth- i recommend you should re-eat goat meat You'll surely like it cheesy cheesy wink [/size]

HoTeToSe:

dont know
it doesn't really taste good,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How I Made Beef And Vegetables Stir Fry To Start This Christmas (Photos,Video) / How Long Do You Keep Your Soup Frozen Before Considering It Not Eatable Again? / Oil Splashing When Frying Fish.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.