Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,291 members, 7,954,159 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:22 PM

I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) (66910 Views)

Ikorodu Pedestrian Bridge Collapses (Pictures) / Portugal Opens World's Longest Pedestrian Suspension Bridge On Mountains(Pics) / Ogun Bridge In Panseke Adigbe, Longest Pedestrian Bridge AKA Bridge Of Confusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by olatuns2017: 9:08pm On May 11, 2021
hedonister:
The Panseke bridge in Abeokuta is arguably the longest pedestrian bridge not just in Nigeria but in sub-saharan Africa and I took a walk on it to know how long it really is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOFGBkSI0iw

Go to Abia state u will see a longer plywood bridge
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by LightUpWithKemi: 9:09pm On May 11, 2021
OP,

Great feat achieved by you. Well done!

Support your own, check my signature.
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by babington91(m): 9:11pm On May 11, 2021
paqman:
You see that betting office, chop my money dat year

Na Ikija house be that ����, Gasby bet9ja
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by Holamilekan97(m): 9:12pm On May 11, 2021
eherbal:
Ojodu berger has the longest bridge. Since when did abeokuta start competing with lagos? Nonsense and ingredient grin

Ode who Dey compete here? Even the photo no show everything self. Google is your friend grin

1 Like

Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by bigAG(m): 9:13pm On May 11, 2021
I'm more impressed with the picture quality. Even after nairaland cropping. It's still sharp
What camera did you use?
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by stasius: 9:15pm On May 11, 2021
Wow!

The bridge is really long!
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by toxtimmy: 9:17pm On May 11, 2021
Bullshit... We celebrate things that by right our leaders a since 1960 should have provided in 2021.

Nigeria is all foolishness and at it's peak... But by the way what about old people and handicaps?... How are they going to use the Keke nepe pedestrian bridge?... Oh, they did not think of elderly and handicap people so no elevator or maybe they budgeted for elevator but someone pocket the money?

My people perish for lack of knowledge.... We always see ourselves as deserving nothing hence we will get nothing as a people or tribe or country.

hedonister:
The Panseke bridge in Abeokuta is arguably the longest pedestrian bridge not just in Nigeria but in sub-saharan Africa and I took a walk on it to know how long it really is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOFGBkSI0iw

1 Like

Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by boxypane(m): 9:21pm On May 11, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Wow nice...

I prefer to cross road sharp sharp than to begin climb up that thing
Na talk u think say you talk so...
Lots of abnormal people in this country.
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by ehemwhy(m): 9:22pm On May 11, 2021
I have passed beneath that bridge whenever I have owambe at Abk, very useless and a very egregious waste of taxpayers money
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by orikoku: 9:25pm On May 11, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Wow nice...

no even space to cross the road. Except you will go and cross at the next turning after panseke which is kolobo.
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by SEGLIZ: 9:26pm On May 11, 2021
people in abeokuta call it confusion bridge.
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by sultry69(m): 9:27pm On May 11, 2021
ifytrik:
No matter how long that bridge is, it is still surrounded by brown roofs, the colour of oduduwa republic national flag
And to think of it that you seek asylum their when hardship hit you like a torn of bricks in your hell is even bad.
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by Solexgzy(m): 9:30pm On May 11, 2021
aikyg:
How do we tell our politicians that pedestrian bridges are a waste of money. In America, you can drive from one state to another and you'll never meet a single pedestrian bridge. Just put bumps and traffic lights/signs to slow vehicles down at pedestrian crossings.
but its faster for traffic and safer for pedestrians to have over head pedestrian bridge

1 Like

Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by Nobody: 9:32pm On May 11, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Wow nice...

why do you hate yourself
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by denvers: 9:34pm On May 11, 2021
It's long.
Any idea of the administration in which it was constructed?
That administration must be one with vision.
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by ivolt: 9:48pm On May 11, 2021
aikyg:
How do we tell our politicians that pedestrian bridges are a waste of money. In America, you can drive from one state to another and you'll never meet a single pedestrian bridge. Just put bumps and traffic lights/signs to slow vehicles down at pedestrian crossings.
What a brilliant idea!
Surely, those drivers who don't mind going one-way despite the risk of losing their vehicles and heavy fines would happily obey zebra crossing.

I am also sure those law abiding Okada riders who sometimes beat up traffic police to escape sanction would behave immediately
the magic traffic signs are erected.

2 Likes

Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by HisSmileHeal(m): 9:49pm On May 11, 2021
eherbal:
Ojodu berger has the longest bridge. Since when did abeokuta start competing with lagos? Nonsense and ingredient grin
I guess you never Waka the bridge.. you can search through the sky view just like this....
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by Amotekun777: 9:50pm On May 11, 2021
aikyg:

WRONG! In the U.S, there're pedestrian bridges on interstate highways and Zebra crossings on local and county roads.

1 Like

Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by EponOjuku: 9:53pm On May 11, 2021
eherbal:

It's not a competition, the one in Abeokuta is far far longer than the one in Ojodu Berger. They call it Bridge of confusion.
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by Amotekun777: 9:53pm On May 11, 2021
chibuking1:
I only see brown roofs around it

Typical Okoro Savage musings... grin
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by factwriter(m): 9:55pm On May 11, 2021
aikyg:

Tell that to town planners in Dubai, a renown SMART CITY by any standard.

1 Like

Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by Tochex101(m): 9:55pm On May 11, 2021
aikyg:
The designs are also rather unsightly.....
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by sophxx: 9:55pm On May 11, 2021
aikyg:
Yea u right. But we ain't civilize enough down here yet. They drive on red like it's nothing.
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by olamide0147: 9:56pm On May 11, 2021
Felabrity:
I thought you said third mainland Bridge
Pedestrian Bridge bro
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by Nobody: 9:58pm On May 11, 2021
aikyg:

Don't be a dummy

1 Like

Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by 00FFT00(m): 9:58pm On May 11, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Wow nice...

Nigeria's reckless drivers will have no difficulties running you over sharp sharp too smiley

1 Like

Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by yommen: 9:59pm On May 11, 2021
Felabrity:
I thought you said third mainland Bridge

Pedestrian bridge.
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by Temptee101(m): 10:00pm On May 11, 2021
This people and mediocrity. grin

Congratulations sufferiscated fifle.

What a milestone achievement.

Buhari and APC are working. grin
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by vickydevoka(m): 10:07pm On May 11, 2021
Them de build houses for aboki , Dem no no
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by NUHUUSMAN(m): 10:11pm On May 11, 2021
The idea for the construction is good but the resources used is too much and the use is not accepted to the mass. please when next the need arise for re-constructing another one, use the alternative way it will work better and everybody will like it. simple look for the highest person height + 2ft/2 ½ down ½ up eg 10/2 =5 five ft up high five ft down deep bridge with light and ventilation you save resource and people will buy the idea.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The New International Passport Will Commence On April 29 - Price & How To Apply / Nairalander Meets Only Surviving Twin Saved By Mary Slessor Over 100 Years Ago / Abuja-Kaduna Train Attacked Twice On Monday 14/9/20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.