Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,466 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) (66042 Views)

Ikorodu Pedestrian Bridge Collapses (Pictures) / Portugal Opens World's Longest Pedestrian Suspension Bridge On Mountains(Pics) / Ogun Bridge In Panseke Adigbe, Longest Pedestrian Bridge AKA Bridge Of Confusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by KingOfAmebo(m): 7:32am On May 12, 2021
aikyg:
How do we tell our politicians that pedestrian bridges are a waste of money. In America, you can drive from one state to another and you'll never meet a single pedestrian bridge. Just put bumps and traffic lights/signs to slow vehicles down at pedestrian crossings.

Nigerians don't reason like Americans, there are so many zebra crossing and traffic lights in Lagos but people don't comply. Majority of Nigerians think and behave like animals. It's not an insult but a fact.

1 Like

Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by NNAMDIII(m): 7:46am On May 12, 2021
eherbal:
Ojodu berger has the longest bridge. Since when did abeokuta start competing with lagos? Nonsense and ingredient grin
I been wan tell am about berger bridge just I just say make I capless, no be everybody know berger
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by shoprite: 8:17am On May 12, 2021
aikyg:
How do we tell our politicians that pedestrian bridges are a waste of money. In America, you can drive from one state to another and you'll never meet a single pedestrian bridge. Just put bumps and traffic lights/signs to slow vehicles down at pedestrian crossings.

Well . . .in Naija the problem won't be just the politicians . . .the psyche of the people is already damaged . . .traffic lights / signs that commercial bus drivers speed pass at will? Even some private car owners are not left out . . .For Naija the pedestrian bridge will work better make one craze man no come send people go their early graves for Zebra Crossing o ! undecided

1 Like

Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by Reelmii: 9:32am On May 12, 2021
aikyg:
Nigerian government like to waste money, time and resources.....
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by FullBlastLight: 9:54am On May 12, 2021
PacAmaru:
grin if u treck the kyn treck I treck today u for post am too,but did I talk?No I did not
I treck trecking like from lagos to Ivory coast inside Bonny island just to secure 5pin for the day.this country hard guy

Las Las, e go dey all right!
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by rhektor(m): 10:34am On May 12, 2021
aycorporat:
Good
But what is the concept behind making this pedestrian bridge this long?
I thought it's to ease people from jumping on Express ways and exposing themselves.
Here, this one would have sapped the last energy from you before you alight.

Nobody is expected to walk the whole length of the bridge, unless you just want to do it for fun like the op. Depending on your location and where you are going to, all you need to do is to use the bridge to cross the road to the other side. Na escussion op go do cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by aycorporat(m): 10:54am On May 12, 2021
rhektor:

Nobody is expected to walk the whole length of the bridge, unless you just want to do it for fun like the op. Depending on your location and where you are going to, all you need to do is to use the bridge to cross the road to the other side. Na escussion op go do cheesy grin
Hahahahaha
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by samuelthaking(m): 11:10am On May 12, 2021
eherbal:
Ojodu berger has the longest bridge. Since when did abeokuta start competing with lagos? Nonsense and ingredient grin
oga,abk bridge get levels o,if you try am ehn,the op should have posted an aerial view buh why Lagos peeps always behaving like they have the best of everything
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by 9jaRealist: 11:49am On May 12, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Wow nice...

I prefer to cross road sharp sharp than to begin climb up that thing

Hopefully, you won’t end up getting to the “other side” sharp-sharp...
>
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by 9jaRealist: 11:52am On May 12, 2021
aikyg:

Er...there’s a pedestrian bridge right here on the West Side Highway, right by the World Financial Center in NYC. Furthermore, IIRC, there was one that collapsed along a Florida road last year or 2019, and of course there are many in California.
>
The Collapsed Florida Footbridge

Even in small town America (with little traffic), there are pedestrian bridges...

>
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by Oladipo1166(m): 12:22pm On May 12, 2021
aikyg:
Naija drivers no dey obey traffic lights
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by 9jaRealist: 12:38pm On May 12, 2021
aikyg:
sophxx:
Yea u right. But we ain't civilize enough down here yet. They drive on red like it's nothing.

MORE AMERICAN PEDESTRIAN BRIDGES... wink

>
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by 9jaRealist: 1:34pm On May 12, 2021
Reference:
Oga. Cannot work here. There are far too many crossing points and far too many pedestrians for zebras to work in any large Nigerian city.

There are typically more people on our streets in both vehicles and on foot than on that of any developed country because our economy is largely informal and our infrastructure plain rudimentary.

The pedestrian bridges are just symptomatic of our inability to convey pedestrians underground for example. Shut down alternate tram, train lines in Newyork, London or Tokyo and their zebra crossings will fail as well.

You were on the right track until you got to the highlighted...
There ARE pedestrian bridges in NYC (my hometown btw), across the UK and Tokyo.

PS: For the record, zebra crossings at traffic lights work perfectly in Lagos!
>
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by 9jaRealist: 1:53pm On May 12, 2021
toxtimmy:
Bullshit... We celebrate things that by right our leaders a since 1960 should have provided in 2021.

Nigeria is all foolishness and at it's peak... But by the way what about old people and handicaps?... How are they going to use the Keke nepe pedestrian bridge?... Oh, they did not think of elderly and handicap people so no elevator or maybe they budgeted for elevator but someone pocket the money?

My people perish for lack of knowledge.... We always see ourselves as deserving nothing hence we will get nothing as a people or tribe or country.

The reason that Lagos pedestrian bridges are designed the way they are is so that they can be wheelchair accessible. All the new bus (and the light rail) terminals are also wheelchair accessible, as are the public buses (BRT). Lagos has a Disability Law that MANDATES all government and public buildings (offices, banks, malls, hotels, etc.), built as from the date of the law, to be wheelchair accessible. It would overly costly to install and maintain elevators in all pedestrian bridges in Lagos (of which there are scores of such bridges), but perfection should NEVER be an enemy of doing better.
>
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by youngmoney4me(m): 3:06pm On May 12, 2021
I love this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nairalander Meets Only Surviving Twin Saved By Mary Slessor Over 100 Years Ago / Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie / Beautiful Drone Shots Of Maitama, Abuja By Nora Awolowo, A Female Drone Pilot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.