Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:07 PM

I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) (66047 Views)

Ikorodu Pedestrian Bridge Collapses (Pictures) / Portugal Opens World's Longest Pedestrian Suspension Bridge On Mountains(Pics) / Ogun Bridge In Panseke Adigbe, Longest Pedestrian Bridge AKA Bridge Of Confusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by newdawnlive: 10:14pm On May 11, 2021
Giddymoney:
Come to my village,you'll see a longer one
omo Ibo Lori iro
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by Springboot: 10:18pm On May 11, 2021
aikyg:
How do we tell our politicians that pedestrian bridges are a waste of money. In America, you can drive from one state to another and you'll never meet a single pedestrian bridge. Just put bumps and traffic lights/signs to slow vehicles down at pedestrian crossings.

You think the problem is with politicians? How many Lagosians slow down when approaching zebra crossing? You guys just enjoying blaming politicians when they are just a reflection of we the citizens.
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by KingMack(m): 10:21pm On May 11, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Wow nice...

I prefer to cross road sharp sharp than to begin climb up that thing

Provision store is better than kiosk!! If you know you know grin
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by hedonister: 10:28pm On May 11, 2021
Onlinefarmstore:

Please what phone are you using to capture this pics... Please quote to respond
Samsung Note 10.
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by Opexzy: 10:38pm On May 11, 2021
aikyg:
How do we tell our politicians that pedestrian bridges are a waste of money. In America, you can drive from one state to another and you'll never meet a single pedestrian bridge. Just put bumps and traffic lights/signs to slow vehicles down at pedestrian crossings.

Pẹ̀lẹ́ oga Town planner... You are only clever by half...

Suggesting bumps and traffic lights/signs for places like ojodu-berger is silly and devoid of intelligent reasoning.
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 10:46pm On May 11, 2021
aikyg:
And you think Nigerian drivers will accept this sanity?
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by Tcwork: 10:57pm On May 11, 2021
[qxuote author=hedonister post=101588869]The Panseke bridge in Abeokuta is arguably the longest pedestrian bridge not just in Nigeria but in sub-saharan Africa and I took a walk on it to know how long it really is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOFGBkSI0iw
[/quote]
I have also walked that bridge. It's a big punishment especially under the hot sun.
It's way too long
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by sewenbigboi: 11:27pm On May 11, 2021
This video don tey nah with that oke ilewo that I’m seeing new construction of building going on there
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by stayclearofme: 11:29pm On May 11, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Wow nice...

Na so you wan die sharp sharp?
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by Nobody: 11:45pm On May 11, 2021
aikyg:
they can't even Mark a road not to talk of installing traffic lights for pedestrians

Shame
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 11:50pm On May 11, 2021
eherbal:
Ojodu berger has the longest bridge. Since when did abeokuta start competing with lagos? Nonsense and ingredient grin

Egbon no one is competing with Lagos

Abk has the longest pedestrian bridge
I've climbed the one you posted and also the Abk own, the Abk own long and has different ends, more than 10 entrances and exit
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by onomeabuja: 11:58pm On May 11, 2021
hedonister:
The Panseke bridge in Abeokuta is arguably the longest pedestrian bridge not just in Nigeria but in sub-saharan Africa and I took a walk on it to know how long it really is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOFGBkSI0iw
i beg somebody should help me wit desmond elliot bridge picture naaaah....i beg. i too de miss that bridge of 7 wonders of d world grin

Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by Firerising(m): 12:13am On May 12, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Wow nice...

To die day hungry u....
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by armyofone(m): 12:13am On May 12, 2021
What's all the green, blue, black you all use in painting walkable over head ? Why not leave it neutral concrete?

Are they using colors to cover shits ?
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by Godwin25king: 12:56am On May 12, 2021
Giddymoney:
grin
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by babajero(m): 1:21am On May 12, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Wow nice...

Don't worry continue, till when motor go use you hold brake, by then you go know sey the thing dey there for a purpose. I observed something like that for alafia bus stop after Orile, a man decide cross the express very close to the over head bridge, na there motor silent am, na carry dem carry the man commot, just like they say (a word is enough for the wise).

1 Like

Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by rooney(m): 1:36am On May 12, 2021
Well-done
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by Qmoneyhigh(m): 2:06am On May 12, 2021
Bridge of confusion grin
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by ofiko123(m): 2:13am On May 12, 2021
Congratulations to you...
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by IVORY2009(m): 2:27am On May 12, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Wow nice...

The day motor jam you nkor?
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by Stanleyville(m): 4:32am On May 12, 2021
sad

I see people talking thrash about the bridge like how long they have to walk just to cross.. See eh,.na impatience n lack of self discipline be our problem as Nigerians..most of una need come abroad dey atleast one week make una see how an organised system works.

1 Like

Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by BennyDon: 4:38am On May 12, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Wow nice...

Now that there are plenty mad road users, especially drivers, it's safer and better to use the pedestrian bridge.

To reach where you're going late is much better than to cross the river sharp sharp.
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by Reference(m): 4:53am On May 12, 2021
aikyg:

Oga. Cannot work here. There are far too many crossing points and far too many pedestrians for zebras to work in any large Nigerian city.

There are typically more people on our streets in both vehicles and on foot than on that of any developed country because our economy is largely informal and our infrastructure plain rudimentary.

The pedestrian bridges are just symptomatic of our inability to convey pedestrians underground for example. Shut down alternate tram, train lines in Newyork, London or Tokyo and their zebra crossings will fail as well.

1 Like

Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by Oyewale25: 5:09am On May 12, 2021
eherbal:
Ojodu berger has the longest bridge. Since when did abeokuta start competing with lagos? Nonsense and ingredient grin

Forget that ojodu bridge.....u see this particular bridge wey him dey talk for Abk. He long die. I dey always avoid that route wen I dey serve for Abk 2017
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by nuruajao: 5:15am On May 12, 2021
Giddymoney:
Your village has no name?
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by Doyin2(m): 5:45am On May 12, 2021
cheesy
aikyg:

How about the flow of traffic?

You want to slow down traffic in a busy area?

Oga,pedestrian bridge is still useful in a busy area.

Do you see pedestrian bridges across interstate non busy highways?

Mr America,copy and paste
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by Merrykid: 5:47am On May 12, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Wow nice...

Then be prepared to die sharp sharp.
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by ringi82(m): 5:49am On May 12, 2021
aikyg:
Zebra crossing na Tom Tom logo for naija grin. Nobody dey respect pedestrian crossing or traffic light here except u put traffic wardens everywhere to enforce the law.
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by DavSagacity(m): 6:15am On May 12, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Wow nice...

Unfortunately there is a barricade there so that people u think they are smart like you will not go and kill themselves for the road while trying to be smart
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by DavSagacity(m): 6:27am On May 12, 2021
aikyg:
Because we live in a lawless country where nobody obeys the law. The president does not one the rule of law, the Governors and there convoy does not one traffic lights, same with police and bank vehicles. Some bloody civilians too play smart and beat traffic lights . So these are some of the reasons why pedestrian crossing is not ideal for our environment. Alot of school children were killed at a pedestrian crossing in Apata area of ibadan some years back because the trailer would not wait even while pump was there for him to slow down
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by Organs(m): 6:34am On May 12, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Wow nice...

If police flog you now, you will call Nigerian police yeye police and start endsars, however truth be told, most Nigerians need serious flogging to reset their brains. Yes, agreed, in the west you go pay fine or go jail, but as a stubborn Naija wey you be, you still need that flogging for proper and total change in your behavior!
Re: I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) by masterflowx(m): 6:50am On May 12, 2021
hedonister:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9x3zb--iPE

Thank God � this isn't in Lagos, those hoodlums would probably be collecting about 100 phones each night from the pediatricians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nairalander Meets Only Surviving Twin Saved By Mary Slessor Over 100 Years Ago / Captain Ibiyemi, 25-Year-Old Female Pilot & Passengers Take Selfie / Beautiful Drone Shots Of Maitama, Abuja By Nora Awolowo, A Female Drone Pilot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.