Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Day 1: Unraveling The Mystery Behind The Goonu Banana Hunted House By Kelly - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Day 1: Unraveling The Mystery Behind The Goonu Banana Hunted House By Kelly (763 Views)

This Is Not Banana Island But Onitsha : Pictures / South Africa Lockdown: Day 1 IN PICTURES / The Mystery Land In Arochukwu... Nigeria Doesn't Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Day 1: Unraveling The Mystery Behind The Goonu Banana Hunted House By Kelly by Emperor2463(m): 5:56pm On May 11, 2021
This is probably, the riskiest, most dangerous and silly adventure I've taken upon.

My partner Chizoba Izuogu and I at the so called goonu house with extreme difficulty and stress.

Locating the house wasn't as easy as we thought.

Nobody around seemed to know it by it's famous name "goonu banana" but all were familiar with the controversial haunted house. We only got headways in our search for it's address when we described it by the story, the house said to be haunted by the ghost of a little girl who was sacrificed by it's owner.

We arrived the gate of the goonu banana house and met a couple of women, traders in their shops just opposite the house.

I took my phone and attempted to take photos of it and do videos of me while there but the women, in one swing all dashed out screaming hysterical what we were doing there and what our mission is. We explained that we are documentary film makers working for a media house and we heard certain stories about the house and would like to take pictures before we approach anyone to make our findings or ask questions.

The women vehemently opposed, we should leave immediately before they call the youths of the community on us. And that we have no business taking a picture of the house. And if we must, then we must come in company of the landlord. So we asked to be directed to the landlord and be given his number and they said they aren't aware of his location and don't have his number.

The crowd started thickening as they peered at us fiercely. The only thing we had on our minds is how to leave as we came, in one piece or at least not to be too rough handled if we had to be. There is a police post just a stone throw away and I already prepared to dash their if they decide to take it farther. I'd rather settle scores with the police than face the mob.

So we apologized as they kept insulting in Igbo and like Lot's wife in the Bible, we didn't make the mistake of looking back.

We headed for a nearby restaurant and bought Coke which we strategize our next plans.

We waited and after a while, I came up with an idea, I changed into a different dress to disguise myself and went back to the community, closer to the twin, multiple apartment building known as the goonu house to try to try to find out the real story behind the house.

It's way scarier than I thought for all the people sharply declined giving us any information saying, they "can't talk about that house please" shrugging their shoulders as they exclaimed "mbanu" something I believe means "no way" in Igbo.

All efforts proved abortive, but all people surely knew, it's as though they've all taken an oath of secrecy.

Afterwards my extremely brave partner Chizoba successful interviewed a meat seller who simply told us that we are not safe asking out for the house or the man who owns it but he must inform us that the man in question is a very dangerous and evil man and that he drives by sometimes. He said some people know his resident address but he assures us that no one will disclose it. He made us understood that we were better off not meeting the man in person as it wouldn't have been a funny experience.

We aborted the mission and on coming back, we met a social media user, we were buying a phone accessory when he walked up to us smiling and saying, "so how's your mission, did you succeed" I panicked, I thought it was the landlord or his agent who must have heard about our coming and decided to set a trap. I asked him who he was and he said, he's a follower of mine on Facebook. I asked for his username and he told me and I searched and confirmed he wasn't a bad guy. Then we talked and I explained our ordeal and he smiled and told us confidently that he wasn't surprised. He said the issues are deep rooted, we took pictures which I promised not to put out for his security.

I called a few friends within Onitsha and all advised me to evacuate the state as we might be trailed, but one advised me to hold on till Sunday, and we'll work out a detailed and professional plan involving some authorities and assuring the owner that our intention is of good and our hope is to dispel the rumours and see his house as well as all other alleged haunted houses become inhabited once again and if their structures are compromised, they at least can be demolished and the land reused.

I'm prepared to see this to the finish.

As it stands I've put Chizoba on the bus back to Lagos where she came from while I draft out other plans.

I didn't travel miles, for 12 hours on empty stomach and hurting joints just to go back in vein.

I can't guarantee anyone of my safety presently.

Everyone looks suspicious to me now.

Watch out.

Remember today is my birthday and it's feels already like the first day of the rest of my life.

https://www.ourschoolsinfo.com/2021/05/day-1-unraveling-mystery-behind-goonu.html?m=1

2 Likes

Re: Day 1: Unraveling The Mystery Behind The Goonu Banana Hunted House By Kelly by NiklauseFred(m): 9:52pm On May 13, 2021
No be Childs!! Op you try oo
Maybe I will be waiting for ur next update.
Re: Day 1: Unraveling The Mystery Behind The Goonu Banana Hunted House By Kelly by mezico96(m): 8:43am On May 14, 2021
Pls shift lemme balance here cheesy

(1) (Reply)

A Couple Of Interesting Pictures Of Lagos Slums. / Ever Moved Or Considered Moving Back To Nigeria? / The Good, The Bad And The Ugly Sides Of Iyana Ipaja, Lagos, Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.