Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,985 members, 7,825,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke (17993 Views)

FG Plans Fresh N12 Trillion Borrowing, Public Debt To Hit N50 Trillion By 2023 / Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures / Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by joyandfaith: 7:44am On May 12, 2021
DavSagacity:
I know some guys here in Abeokuta , Ogun state that are welders. But they ride okada .why..? There is no light. Light is epileptic here and they have family to feed. So alot of them have to huzzle with bike till they can buy a generator that can power the welding machine. So it's a combinations of different problems my brother.

I quite agree with you. But some after making enough money to start their trades, they would still continue Okada business. Why? It is quick money with little skill.
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by Femeto: 7:45am On May 12, 2021
thatsleepboy1:
Lagos plans fresh ban on okada, keke, releases minibuses.

https://punchng.com/lagos-plans-fresh-ban-on-okada-keke-releases-minibuses/
Banning Okada without an alternative means of movement is madness. There are some places your buses can't get to.
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by thatsleepboy1: 7:49am On May 12, 2021
Femeto:
Banning Okada without an alternative means of movement is madness. There are some places your buses can't get to.

Mr man face your front and kindly ask the LASG.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by livinbygrace: 7:50am On May 12, 2021
DavSagacity:

That's the question I've been asking myself since yesterday that I heard the news. This people are very stupid . They solve a problem and create a bigger problem of unemployment again. No new industries to absorb them....
They should expect crime rate to increase after this their foolish ban on Okada

They will definitely find something else to do.90% of the Okada riders are Abokis and they don’t even know their destination and drives recklessly.The Aboki riders are constituting nuisance and more accident to the society and once you correct them,they get angry and gather to beat the person.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by livinbygrace: 7:55am On May 12, 2021
eduj:
ban okada ? that might just degrade me he security situation in lagos. Most of okada riders in lagos are abokis and many have no other skill or even understand English.The okada unions are controlled by abokis.
unless dem go dash them bus for free

So Lagos state government should provide Northerners with job at the detriment of their own indigenes?What happens to the allocation given to their various states or revenue generated?Some of you need to reason well

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by Femeto: 7:55am On May 12, 2021
thatsleepboy1:

Mr man face your front and kindly ask the LASG.
You need to face your back.
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by Alba3: 8:01am On May 12, 2021
eduj:
ban okada ? that might just degrade me he security situation in lagos. Most of okada riders in lagos are abokis and many have no other skill or even understand English.The okada unions are controlled by abokis.
unless dem go dash them bus for free

Then more prisons should be built, anyone engages in crime should be jailed or else they relocate to their states or countries.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by Lovelyn451(f): 8:22am On May 12, 2021
dederocs:

Poor village biafra girl, hope ESN no kill you, bastard.
hope container never crush you and your corpse enter gutter...kikiki
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by Nobody: 8:25am On May 12, 2021
optionalY09:

Oh crap! safe me the manipulation these folks ain’t ready to do nothing. To them everything is politics.

What we have resolved to do, we will break this country first so that we can really focus on developing the South West Nigeria for the Yoruba people. As for those deceptive politicians using ethnic division as a tool to coverup their failure. There is a plan for them too.

You "Yoruba nation or nothing" guys are all like a broken record saying the same thing intolerantly and rigidly always without ever thinking of a fcking plan B.

Are you guys living under a rock? Listen to the radio or even your neighbours and you will note all Nigerians are talking of a plan B to survive this period and then restrategize for anything else we wish to do in future.

The bottom line, for any sensible adult Nigerian, is to support any responsible solution that secures Nigerian lives and properties immediately and for now so that we can then put permanent measures in place, be it Oduduwa republic or full and comprehensive restructuring, so we are never in this situation again.

You people don't get it that many Yorubas see your point and agree with it yet you are the ones, like terrorists and extremists, not willing to see the commonsense in what others are saying.

This ultimately means you are not as useful or valuable to Yorubas as you arrogantly think you are.

You cannot arrogate upon yourself the right to speak for all Yorubas as Kanu is doing for Igbos with little resistance.

Yorubas are not Igbos. That is not our way and you will all be put in your place if you don't understand that democracy, diplomacy, carrying everyone along and winning people over, rather than trying to bully or threaten them to accept your doctrines and views, matters fundamentally to Yorubas.

You are not more Yoruba than others and in fact offer less than they do with your unhelpful rigidity, intolerance and one way outlook.
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by optionalY09: 8:30am On May 12, 2021
Grayoso:

You "Yoruba nation or nothing" guys are all like a broken record saying the same thing intolerantly and rigidly always without ever thinking of a fcking plan B.

Are you guys living under a rock? Listen to the radio or even your neighbours and you will note all Nigerians are talking of a plan B to survive this period and then restrategize for anything else we wish to do in future.

The bottom line, for any sensible adult Nigerian, is to support any responsible solution that secures Nigerian lives and properties immediately and for now so that we can then put permanent measures in place, be it Oduduwa republic or full and comprehensive restructuring, so we are never in this situation again.

You people don't get it that many Yorubas see your point and agree with it yet you are the ones, like terrorists and extremists, not willing to see the commonsense in what others are saying.

This ultimately means you are not as useful or valuable to Yorubas as you arrogantly think you are.

You cannot arrogate upon yourself the right to speak for all Yorubas as Kanu is doing for Igbos. It is not our way and you will all be put in your place if you don't understand that democracy, diplomacy and carrying everyone along matters to Yorubas.

Yare not more Yoruba than others and in fact offer less than they do with your unhelpful rigidity, intolerance and one way outlook.

6 Paragraphs of crap
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by Nobody: 8:35am On May 12, 2021
optionalY09:

6 Paragraphs of crap

Of course it is "crap". It would be to an ignorant fellow, loser and online noisemaker making empty threats without the ability to do jackshit to even a baby.

If you don't know, it is only those who have accumulated nothing of worth and have nothing worth losing who talk as you and your fellow deluded dunderheads talk.
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by Nobody: 8:46am On May 12, 2021
livinbygrace:

They will definitely find something else to do.90% of the Okada riders are Abokis and they don’t even know their destination and drives recklessly.The Aboki riders are constituting nuisance and more accident to the society and once you correct them,they get angry and gather to beat the person.

Indeed. They are like a savage and wild pack of animals. Lagos is sitting on a barrel of gunpowder. Even as all these measures are been rushed in ,due to a very bad situation, we should all still accept that "better late than never".

This is a good chance for Lagos to clean house for good and set new standards the State must adhere to moving forward. Go to Ghana and see how they make their capital of Accra unwelcoming to all but the most useful and productive foreigners.

Lagos should start doing same as the State cannot sustain the influx of the jobless, unskilled, homeless, criminal and vagrant individuals flooding into the State in their thousands daily.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by kitanga: 8:48am On May 12, 2021
There is nothing like that. 90% Okadas in Lagos are northerners and nigeriens. They should go back to their various states
serverconnect:
Another season of crime loading...If no alternative provided for the okada riders, the ban is useless as letter 'P' in philosophy

1 Like

Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by felixnkubi: 8:52am On May 12, 2021
a lot of people will be affected by this, especially food vendors, spare parts operators who deal especially with okada parts etc but in terms of future development, I think this is the right way to go

1 Like

Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by Curious345: 8:53am On May 12, 2021
I completely disagree with you ..

Ask me why?
Heavensent01:
that would be the first securities measures of stopping the influx of aboki to Lagos state

second one is safety, one would just be driving and one mumu bikeman will just enter your front without a signal, I almost crushed one and the fool he carried for back if not that I always put my legs on brake whenever I'm around the area bike riders are many

the napep are guilty of this too with their impatience, one overtake months ago and took us to the front of a long trailer, it is God that save us. they should all be ban

the last aspect will be a great advantage to the taxi drivers, if Lagos state should eventually take these buses out, price of minibus we skyrocket which means not everyone will be able to afford it and these is an advantage to taxi drivers whose income have been spoilt by these okada and napep riders
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by Nobody: 8:58am On May 12, 2021
Femeto:

That's the whole point. If you are the sort who rigidly wants an Okada to drop you in your lounge or bedroom then move to a State where that is possible.

Lagos wants unproductive, jobless and criminal elements out of the State. If some cannot sacrifice for the greater good then let them move out of Lagos.

Furthermore Lagos is giving Pantami's compromised NIN the middle finger as Sanwo Olu has approved the implementation of our own State identity card that was cancelled before in the past.

It will now be fast-tracked as a security measure to verify the identity of Lagosians and curb crime. You will soon hear it announced formally. More is coming to secure the State.

Anyone not happy should move back to Sudan , Chad or Mali they came from because that is the point of all these measures. Mission accomplished.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by dederocs(m): 8:59am On May 12, 2021
Lovelyn451:
hope container never crush you and your corpse enter gutter...kikiki
Go and farm, and pick cashew nuts, your whole family is beneath my servants.
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by Heavensent01(m): 9:06am On May 12, 2021
Curious345:
I completely disagree with you ..

Ask me why?

take your low IQ out of my post

what brain capacity do you've to agree or disagree on sensitive decision with your 2kb RAM memory
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by optionalY09: 9:09am On May 12, 2021
Grayoso:

Of course it is "crap". It would be to an ignorant fellow, loser and online noisemaker making empty threats without the ability to do jackshit to even a baby.

If you don't know, it is only those who have accumulated nothing of worth and have nothing worth losing who talk as you and your fellow deluded dunderheads talk.

Oh really? empty threats you call it? you’ll see.

I don’t stay up at night just to joke around. I don’t argue with privileged selfish fellows like you.

If you really care about people who are being attacked day and night by marauders who play games with the mind of your master then you’ll know this used case needs to be trashed.

For your information i am one of the team that’s working day and night to put an end to this mess called Nigeria.
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by Curious345: 9:14am On May 12, 2021
Ment man.. oh please define what a low IQ means .. I wanna be your student
Heavensent01:

take your low IQ out of my post

what brain capacity do you've to agree or disagree on sensitive decision with your 2kb RAM memory
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by grandstar(m): 9:20am On May 12, 2021
I like okadas.

Based on his calculation of casualties, it means that 2 Okada related fatalities occur each.

I won't be surprised if 5m Okada rides are made each day. 2 fatalities each out of 5m is a small figure and that's why many can't see the need for their ban
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by Blackdisciple(m): 9:30am On May 12, 2021
Will this one take me to my gate with luggages??

APC Lagos state and making life hard for her people is something else.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by PARADIZEPRIEST: 9:45am On May 12, 2021
SANWO OLUU WAKE UP.REMOVE OKADA FROM LAGOS STREETS GIVE THEM FARM JOBS PAY THEM WELL LIKE YOU DO YOURSELF. STOP D HYPOCRISY,THESE GUYS ARE HARWORKING AND NEED TO FEED THEIR FAMILIES ,PUT THEM IN FARMS,OPEN MASS FARMING ,USE YA HEAD. undecided ENLIGHTENMENT IS THE END OF SUFFERING!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by 9jaRealist: 9:47am On May 12, 2021
thatsleepboy1:
Lagos plans fresh ban on okada, keke, releases minibuses.

https://punchng.com/lagos-plans-fresh-ban-on-okada-keke-releases-minibuses/

GREAT news!

But why is it still “plans” instead of happening already?
I don’t mind Keke (they’re a novelty), but Okada has no place in any CIVILIZED society!

>

1 Like

Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by 9jaRealist: 9:52am On May 12, 2021
PARADIZEPRIEST:
SANWO OLUU WAKE UP.REMOVE OKADA FROM LAGOS STREETS GIVE THEM FARM JOBS PAY THEM WELL LIKE YOU DO YOURSELF. STOP D HYPOCRISY,THESE GUYS ARE HARWORKING AND NEED TO FEED THEIR FAMILIES ,PUT THEM IN FARMS,OPEN MASS FARMING ,USE YA HEAD. undecided

I guess you are too eager to condemn, you couldn’t even make to just the third line of the news report where he advised youths to access the opportunities provided in the agricultural programs offered by the state government?! SMH
>
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by 9jaRealist: 9:56am On May 12, 2021
Blackdisciple:
Will this one take me to my gate with luggages??

APC Lagos state and making life hard for her people is something else.

Call Uber or Lyft... grin
>
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by 9jaRealist: 9:58am On May 12, 2021
grandstar:
I like okadas.

Based on his calculation of casualties, it means that 2 Okada related fatalities occur each.

I won't be surprised if 5m Okada rides are made each day. 2 fatalities each out of 5m is a small figure and that's why many can't see the need for their ban

Even ONE unnecessary death is too much...
And most Okada accidents fall into that category.
>
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by Nobody: 9:59am On May 12, 2021
livinbygrace:

So Lagos state government should provide Northerners with job at the detriment of their own indigenes?What happens to the allocation given to their various states or revenue generated?Some of you need to reason well
Am not a Northerner, just saying they should handle the process well-especially in this time that Northerners feel they can do anything and go free
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by perryy(m): 10:00am On May 12, 2021
tempex88:
Long overdue but they should prepare for resistance and provide alternative income for the riders cos if they dont......na all of us go suffer am.

Let them come to Ogun state and farm. Those boko haram okada riders are animals.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by 9jaRealist: 10:07am On May 12, 2021
Grayoso:
That's the whole point. If you are the sort who rigidly wants an Okada to drop you in your lounge or bedroom then move to a State where that is possible.

Lagos wants unproductive, jobless and criminal elements out of the State. If some cannot sacrifice for the greater good then let them move out of Lagos.

Furthermore Lagos is giving Pantami's compromised NIN the middle finger as Sanwo Olu has approved the implementation of our own State identity card that was cancelled before in the past.

It will now be fast-tracked as a security measure to verify the identity of Lagosians and curb crime. You will soon hear it announced formally. More is coming to secure the State.

Anyone not happy should move back to Sudan , Chad or Mali they came from because that is the point of all these measures. Mission accomplished

Lagos State Resident Registration was NEVER cancelled....
It is a LAW and not simply a policy that can be cancelled willy-nilly.

It has continued to be in effect since the Fashola administration...
The new impetus is it’s now required to access state services (free schools, LSTEF, health insurance, etc.).
>
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by Elliotwaveforec: 10:07am On May 12, 2021
Grayoso:

You cannot arrogate upon yourself the right to speak for all Yorubas as Kanu is doing for Igbos with little resistance.

Yorubas are not Igbos. That is not our way and you will all be put in your place if you don't understand that democracy, diplomacy, carrying everyone along and winning people over, rather than trying to bully or threaten them to accept your doctrines and views, matters fundamentally to Yorubas.

You are not more Yoruba than others and in fact offer less than they do with your unhelpful rigidity, intolerance and one way outlook.

You make no sense; you're neither here nor there. Indecisive people are inconsequential when it comes to life and death situations.
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by 9jaRealist: 10:16am On May 12, 2021
murmee:
That is not the point. So Lagos Government should create jobs for immigrants from Niger republic and Mali and from far away states of Nigeria? Why can't they look for jobs from where they came from? Do you like the menace these Okada riders have become?
tamdun:
Lagos won't provide alternative for them,I believed they have govt where they are coming from, they should go back and fight their state govt,they bring all sorts of problems from their state and expect Lagos govt to solve it for them, same people that will not say pim to their state govt will turn to activist immediately they arrive Lagos
livinbygrace:
So Lagos state government should provide Northerners with job at the detriment of their own indigenes? What happens to the allocation given to their various states or revenue generated? Some of you need to reason well
eduj:
Am not a Northerner, just saying they should handle the process well-especially in this time that Northerners feel they can do anything and go free

The irony is that when Lagos seeks greater allocation (or “special status”)....
Most of these same people will kick against it (often loudest here on Nairaland).
>

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Plateau Assembly: Abok Ayuba, 10 Others Arrested / Governor Charles Soludo Marks His 63rd Birthday (Photos) / Dasukigate: I Have No Money To Refund – Abati Tells EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.