Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,657 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke (17988 Views)

FG Plans Fresh N12 Trillion Borrowing, Public Debt To Hit N50 Trillion By 2023 / Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures / Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by ImpregnaTor(m): 5:54am On May 12, 2021
Kk
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by tamdun: 5:55am On May 12, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

So it's only Hausa that rides okada in Lagos ?
Where did I mention only hausa
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by PrinceOfLagos: 5:56am On May 12, 2021
tamdun:

Where did I mention only hausa
I asked because your comment s targeted at the Hausa okada riders
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by uuzba(m): 5:56am On May 12, 2021
Elliotwaveforec:
If that will send all these people from the North back home, it's welcome. They've taken over everywhere and becoming a threat to security in the state. Imagine Abokis backed by the military vandalising people's cars at LASU
Out of 36 states, only one is developing very fast and you expect people to LEAVE that one state?
It's not possible na.
The more you develop Lagos, the more people will enter it.
If you want people to leave Lagos, then develop other states as well..
The North boys are not going anywhere..
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by tamdun: 5:58am On May 12, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

I asked because your comment s targeted at the Hausa okada riders
once again, where did I mention hausa, u better go back to bed

1 Like

Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by Ishilove: 5:59am On May 12, 2021
We understand okada, but what is keke's crime? They have been saving us from the extortion of these korope and private car owners in places like Ikeja.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by Alba3: 6:01am On May 12, 2021
serverconnect:
Another season of crime loading...If no alternative provided for the okada riders, the ban is useless as letter 'P' in philosophy

Which alternative jobs Owerri, Enugu, PH, Awka, Onitsha, Umuahia, Uyo, Kaduna, Kano, Asaba, Calaba, Abuja, etc provided when Okadas were banned?

Safety and security wise, if Okadas are not banned, the SW is sitting on kegs of gun powder. The societal structures in food security and providing services are in danger. Hundreds of thousands of bikes are heading to SW region every month with many riders with Boko Haram and banditry backgrounds waiting for order to unleash mayhem on the SW.

Youths are no longer ready to go for apprenticeship or engage in farming but make quick daily cash with Okada but endangering their futures and that of the society. What about disabilities and deaths due to rampart injuries from Okadas?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by ecomalchemist(m): 6:02am On May 12, 2021
this won't work, you ban them another set emerges the next day
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by DavSagacity(m): 6:02am On May 12, 2021
Valkan:
how many job dem don create
That's the question I've been asking myself since yesterday that I heard the news. This people are very stupid . They solve a problem and create a bigger problem of unemployment again. No new industries to absorb them....
They should expect crime rate to increase after this their foolish ban on Okada

1 Like

Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by dederocs(m): 6:03am On May 12, 2021
[quote author=Lovelyn451 post=101603794], you and who is staying in that slum
Mind your bizness, mannerless bush girl.
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by joyandfaith: 6:08am On May 12, 2021
All south west states should ban Okada in their state capitals and cities.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by majamajic(m): 6:09am On May 12, 2021
chidiebube107:
make them do ?? ?

For security purpose

All the northerners are now here in Lagos

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by Pk01(m): 6:09am On May 12, 2021
Elliotwaveforec:
If that will send all these people from the North back home, it's welcome. They've taken over everywhere and becoming a threat to security in the state. Imagine Abokis backed by the military vandalising people's cars at LASU
I dunno how you people think I swear..north this north that...haba! we offend you people? calm down this country will surely dissociate someday but the time is not now...so chile you people have the highest investment in the north remember.
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by joyandfaith: 6:10am On May 12, 2021
DavSagacity:

That's the question I've been asking myself since yesterday that I heard the news. This people are very stupid . They solve a problem and create a bigger problem of unemployment again. No new industries to absorb them....
They should expect crime rate to increase after this their foolish ban on Okada

Okada men also contribute to crime rate and accidents. Youth should learn works and trades.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by Lovelyn451(f): 6:10am On May 12, 2021
[quote author=dederocs post=101603947][/quote]lousy lagos he goat

1 Like

Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by ChiefSosa(m): 6:10am On May 12, 2021
Very fresh ban. Ban wey fresh like today bread or New born pikin yansh. They are lucky it's not a NL mod that banned them, e for reach 2075

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by edoairways: 6:11am On May 12, 2021
serverconnect:
Another season of crime loading...If no alternative provided for the okada riders, the ban is useless as letter 'P' in philosophy
Crime has always been on the increase
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by Nobody: 6:12am On May 12, 2021
optionalY09:
When election time reach they’ll allow Okada again just to play some smelling politics. Bunch of inconsistent, incompetent idiot.,

Had they kept to Folsholas strict principles and enforcement on Okada. Lagos would look nothing different to Paris. But right now we don’t even want to be in Nigeria again

Stop this idiocy. Are you happy with what is going on in Nigeria where many are dying needlessly and insecurity is now a word all Nigerians use daily while the Presidency, legislators and State Governors do absolutely nada?

At least Lagos is responding admirably to security challenges to demonstrate that her leaders care for those who voted them into power whereas we see leadership apathy throughout our entire nation.

What is going on is not a joke and it is not chickens dying daily. It is your fellow human beings so let us support those doing something to protect Nigerian lives and property rather than play politics with everything. It is those who live who will partake in election so grow up and begin thinking like an adult.

Put petty criticism and sentiments aside and let us all do what we must to survive this period of gross abandonment and negligence from most leaders we elected to protect our lives and property rather than attacking the few doing something when we should be supporting them !!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by nedu666: 6:14am On May 12, 2021
This ban makes no sense. How can u ban keke and okada. Will buses enter streets. Will buses serve millions of passengers. It's obvious that the ban is targeting aboki okada riders
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by Heavensent01(m): 6:15am On May 12, 2021
that would be the first securities measures of stopping the influx of aboki to Lagos state

second one is safety, one would just be driving and one mumu bikeman will just enter your front without a signal, I almost crushed one and the fool he carried for back if not that I always put my legs on brake whenever I'm around the area bike riders are many

the napep are guilty of this too with their impatience, one overtake months ago and took us to the front of a long trailer, it is God that save us. they should all be ban

the last aspect will be a great advantage to the taxi drivers, if Lagos state should eventually take these buses out, price of minibus we skyrocket which means not everyone will be able to afford it and these is an advantage to taxi drivers whose income have been spoilt by these okada and napep riders

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by Dcoy: 6:16am On May 12, 2021
This will never see the light of day...am assuring you that Tinubu will never allow that to happen....abi they want to finally castrate his image up North....
If he tries it .... bye-bye to 2023...
Anyways I believe all these are bargaining chips by him... just like Yoruba Nation and co ..
Shrewd politician...
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by nedu666: 6:17am On May 12, 2021
Pk01:
I dunno how you people think I swear..north this north that...haba! we offend you people? calm down this country will surely dissociate someday but the time is not now...so chile you people have the highest investment in the north remember.

Which investment. Is all the investment equal to dangote refinery. Abi is there any southerner with any big industry in the north.
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by Alba3: 6:18am On May 12, 2021
joyandfaith:
All south west states should ban Okada in their state capitals and cities.

This has happened in all the South East and South South capitals and major cities like Onitsha and many capital cities in the North and Abuja.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by Microwhy: 6:18am On May 12, 2021
Elliotwaveforec:
You guys will be talking as if its only the northerners that are deploy to southwestern states or northerners are just the only one in the entire military. So other southwestern soldiers will be looking while their mate from another region back hooligans to destroy their fatherland. If that is the case, then shame on southwestern soldiers.
Same kind of report surface last week online where some residents report handful number of northern civilians at a particular barrack gate and report to Amotekun claiming that the barrack harbour other northerners who have been trooping to southwest on a suspicious move. My question is, do you guys mean no Southern soldier in the barrack that will raise alarm?
I just can't understand why Nigeria media are the one fueling all this crises.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by Micval: 6:22am On May 12, 2021
Elliotwaveforec:

I share your views and your position on this, it night be a hard decision but the time is now, with the influx of these guys from the north and the audacity they posses,if nothing is done now,it will surely explode more than we are seeing it

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by Nobody: 6:26am On May 12, 2021
nedu666:
This ban makes no sense. How can u ban keke and okada. Will buses enter streets. Will buses serve millions of passengers. It's obvious that the ban is targeting aboki okada riders

When an Okada bandit, planted in your neigbourhood, blows your brain out then you can tell God you were naive.

What dont some of you get about the saying "desperate times call for desperate measures"? Lagosians should be ready to sacrifice for the greater good and to protect our State from a greater and much bigger terrorist attack.

Even in a few weeks we have seen episodes of Okada riders getting more militant, criminally organised, brutal and menacing, perhaps with open terrorism being the next phase, yet you are talking naively about Okada entering streets. How about walking from the junction and losing some frigging weight as a health benefit instead of been so rigid when lives are at stake?

Please leave Lagos and go to a State where Okada can drop you into your lounge if you are not happy with what Lagos has decided to do to protect her people.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by Bluntemperor: 6:27am On May 12, 2021
kingthreat:
If we want Nigeria to move forward, we need strong laws like these. Okadas should be limited to inner streets alone. Most of the riders are a nuisance

You have sense bro!
Many above could not consider that most of the inner Roads or routes are far from the main road and there are no interconnectivity!
It is unfortunate that we just come to the Forum and speak without consideration.
What alternative vehicles do Lagos State provide for citizens that are 2 or 5 Kilometers from where the busese drop them? Do you say such will work the kilometers everyday without breaking down? Most of those holding meetings with the Governors have multiple sources of movement in and around them.
We are just greedy chaps without considering the very Masses we took oath to rescue from poverty and we care less.
The Okada riders too are reckless and have no training whatsoever,hence the high rate of accidents and some join criminals to perpetuate evil in the State.
We should find a common ground like that of India, especially the New Delhi- where Cars,Keke-Napep and Okada are living comfortable to cater for the increasing Population.
God bless Lagos State.
We should should be holistic in finding solutions to Lagosian needs.
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by alphaeus212(m): 6:28am On May 12, 2021
grin grin You want to render many Aboki jobless abi? Lets see how bandits will not be opening embassy in Lagos grin grin

Like for OKADA TO STAY, SHARE FOR OKADA TO GO

1 Like 10 Shares

Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by Chucks234: 6:29am On May 12, 2021
helinues:

No be force to live in Lagos... Relocate back to your state if you are not ready to abide by Lagos state law

Most of the critical infrastructure in lagos was built which oil money due to it been the former Capital.

Are you from Lagos?
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by Nobody: 6:30am On May 12, 2021
Elliotwaveforec:

Thank you!!! We all saw this and looked on in horror aware that worse could be around the corner. Yet some naive and immature adults kids are here arguing against this necessary measure.

It is until they start slicing our throats in our house before we understand the need to be proactive in protecting ourselves when the FG has totally abandoned us all?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Victor Nnam Resigns As Enugu Commissioner For Lands Over Undue Interference / Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri / LIVE Photos From Edo APC Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.