Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,375 members, 7,826,475 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke (17996 Views)

FG Plans Fresh N12 Trillion Borrowing, Public Debt To Hit N50 Trillion By 2023 / Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures / Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by 9jaRealist: 10:18am On May 12, 2021
ecomalchemist:
this won't work, you ban them another set emerges the next day

They are not banning individuals...
They’re banning Okada itself as a means of public transportation.
>
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by 9jaRealist: 10:26am On May 12, 2021
serverconnect:
Another season of crime loading...If no alternative provided for the okada riders, the ban is useless as letter 'P' in philosophy
DavSagacity:
That's the question I've been asking myself since yesterday that I heard the news. This people are very stupid . They solve a problem and create a bigger problem of unemployment again. No new industries to absorb them....
They should expect crime rate to increase after this their foolish ban on Okada

They can go and work elsewhere...
Lagos is not the only place they can drive their Okada.

You don’t solve an unemployment problem by creating a health and security problem...
A nation that needs to feed itself can use as many able-bodied youth as possible in agriculture!
>
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by Nobody: 10:26am On May 12, 2021
optionalY09:

Oh really? empty threats you call it? you’ll see.

I don’t stay up at night just to joke around. I don’t argue with privileged selfish fellows like you.

If you really care about people who are being attacked day and night by marauders who play games with the mind of your master then you’ll know this used case needs to be trashed.

For your information i am one of the team that’s working day and night to put an end to this mess called Nigeria.

No problem with that at all. Your prerogative. As long as you know that Yorubas cannot be stampeded to behave with herd mentality then you will realise that you are wasting your own time with your tactics.

Reasoning with Yorubas, by communicating your argument effectively and in a winning manner, will be more productive than trying to insult, threaten and bully them towards blindly accepting your demand especially when many are actually better educated, more accomplished and better exposed individuals than you are.

If you think Yorubas will be kowtowing to a failed London Yahooze and wasteman as is happening to Igbos then you are in for a rude shock.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by 9jaRealist: 10:35am On May 12, 2021
uuzba:
Out of 36 states, only one is developing very fast and you expect people to LEAVE that one state?
It's not possible na.
The more you develop Lagos, the more people will enter it.
If you want people to leave Lagos, then develop other states as well..
The North boys are not going anywhere..

I agree with you, but let them develop their own states...
It’s not Lagos’ job to do so, and they even refused us “special status”.

Eko oni baje!
>

1 Like

Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by Heavensent01(m): 10:35am On May 12, 2021
Curious345:
Ment man.. oh please define what a low IQ means .. I wanna be your student

an attention seeking idiot who felt mentioning people name will give him fame on a public forum like this

you need a new brain, how I wish this time Ben Carson will be the one to operate your brain, not this upper iweaka surgeon that had rendered your already dented brain useless
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by 9jaRealist: 10:41am On May 12, 2021
nedu666:
This ban makes no sense. How can u ban keke and okada. Will buses enter streets. Will buses serve millions of passengers. It's obvious that the ban is targeting aboki okada riders

The “Last Mile” buses (which are like Danfo) will enter streets...
But you are correct that there is a primarily security aspect to this.
>
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by Nobody: 10:42am On May 12, 2021
Heavensent01:

take your low IQ out of my post

what brain capacity do you've to agree or disagree on sensitive decision with your 2kb RAM memory

Don't mind him. If you indulge him he will turn Sheik Gumi on you to be giving arguments along the lines that bandits, because they are "victims of injustice", should be begged and paid to lay down their arms rather than arrested and jailed for their crimes and dedication to making society lawless for the rest of us.

People like them have have turned Nigeria into an aberrant nation like no other on Earth. In what sane nation on Earth, to include those in Africa, are bandits, criminal killers, rapists ,kidnappers and lawless elements "pardoned" or "rehabilitated"?

They have turned Nigeria into a hellish space where killers and criminals are now insisting they are the victims while the real victims ,sent to their early graves, are all forgotten and disregarded.

I was personally moved when I saw the tribute a relative made to a kidnapped female student of the Kaduna Greenfield University was brutally murdered by her kidnappers. Beautiful young woman with her life ahead of her, will now likely never get justice while her killer will go on to build houses with the ransom paid, marry ten wives and have 50 kids.

We have lost it mentally in Nigeria and no longer realise we are an insane joke of a people always siding with our oppressors rather than trying to make issues about the oppressed.
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by 9jaRealist: 10:46am On May 12, 2021
Bluntemperor:
You have sense bro!
Many above could not consider that most of the inner Roads or routes are far from the main road and there are no interconnectivity!
It is unfortunate that we just come to the Forum and speak without consideration.
What alternative vehicles do Lagos State provide for citizens that are 2 or 5 Kilometers from where the busese drop them? Do you say such will work the kilometers everyday without breaking down? Most of those holding meetings with the Governors have multiple sources of movement in and around them.
We are just greedy chaps without considering the very Masses we took oath to rescue from poverty and we care less.
The Okada riders too are reckless and have no training whatsoever,hence the high rate of accidents and some join criminals to perpetuate evil in the State.
We should find a common ground like that of India, especially the New Delhi- where Cars,Keke-Napep and Okada are living comfortable to cater for the increasing Population.
God bless Lagos State.
We should should be holistic in finding solutions to Lagosian needs.
kingthreat:
Yes supported. Banning Okadas totally is a waste of time. People who have transportation needs on the inner roads will still demand for it. There is a growing population and the buses cannot fit it. But it is good Okadas are banned on major roads. While driving, these guys can just spin in from nowhere and make you have an accident with them.

Last Mile buses...

>
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by 9jaRealist: 10:50am On May 12, 2021
Chucks234:
Most of the critical infrastructure in lagos was built which oil money due to it been the former Capital.

Are you from Lagos?

So it means people should not obey laws in Lagos?! shocked

Meanwhile, some Okada drivers come from Chad, Niger Republic and even as far away as Mali.
>

1 Like

Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by Nobody: 11:00am On May 12, 2021
Elliotwaveforec:

You make no sense; you're neither here nor there. Indecisive people are inconsequential when it comes to life and death situations.

You are just an attention-seeker trying to be contrarian in search of likes otherwise how am I indecisive ?

My point is clear to anyone who has followed all I have said. As a proud Lagosian, first and foremost, I support whatever Lagos political leadership has to do to make the State safer in a nation that has clearly lost it's head and ways under a compromised federal government.

Those who then want to hijack that important concept to be ridiculing the effort of Lagos administrators, simply because they want their own independent nation, should know there is a time and place for everything. Everything does not have to be destroyed merely because some people think it must be their way or no way at all. Only toddlers think like that.

Seccessionists should know boundaries and respect those of us who simply want measures put in place immediately to improve safety and ensure Lagosians can go about their legitimate business as safely as possible.

Is that too much of a 'Rocket science' concept to ask distractive kids like you to understand and get behind? I.e fight for what you want but don't insult or disregard others fighting for what they want also.

Abi because I want Oduduwa Republic that may not happen for years , or even ever, I should start insulting the efforts of Lagos at improving my safety immediately and perhaps preserving my life and that of my loved ones?
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by 9jaRealist: 11:02am On May 12, 2021
DavSagacity:
I know some guys here in Abeokuta , Ogun state that are welders. But they ride okada .why..? There is no light. Light is epileptic here and they have family to feed. So alot of them have to huzzle with bike till they can buy a generator that can power the welding machine. So it's a combinations of different problems my brother.

So, we’ll send these dudes to Abeokuta.... grin

Btw, interesting that Nigerians will buy a bike and take on a second job to buy a generator...
But will refuse to pay cost-reflective electricity tariffs so that the DISCOs can reinvest in newer facilities.
>
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by Curious345: 11:03am On May 12, 2021
Heavensent01:

an attention seeking idiot who felt mentioning people name will give him fame on a public forum like this

you need a new brain, how I wish this time Ben Carson will be the one to operate your brain, not this upper iweaka surgeon that had rendered your already dented brain useless
what is your take on the ban of okada in Lagos ?
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by 9jaRealist: 11:05am On May 12, 2021
eduj:
ban okada ? that might just degrade me he security situation in lagos. Most of okada riders in lagos are abokis and many have no other skill or even understand English.The okada unions are controlled by abokis. unless dem go dash them bus for free

The only “free” bus they’ll see is the one that will ship them home... grin
>
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by 9jaRealist: 11:15am On May 12, 2021
Minjim:
Shebi you people said you crazy.

Some people started a new and more professional way of doing things in the Okada biz but you people mixed them with the rest and threw them all away.

That would have been a better time to make the other players adopt that method by bigger investors coming in and applying the same method.

But you guys are kidding because the services if Okada is still needed that is why people use them. If there is a better alternative, it die a natural death

I agree the government should have accommodated people like Gokada...
They have training for drivers, do background checks, carry insurance and can track rides.

They still should be prohibited from highways and major roads...
But they could continue to serve inner streets and unserved routes.
>
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by Nobody: 11:30am On May 12, 2021
9jaRealist:

They can go and work elsewhere...
Lagos is not the only place they can drive their Okada.

You don’t solve an unemployment problem by creating a health and security problem...
A nation that needs to feed itself can use as many able-bodied youth as possible in agriculture!
>

Thank you and God bless you. This issue is not even rocket science we should be dragging for pages.

Point is that Lagos should not be held to ransom, and possibly destroyed, because it is the only State in Nigeria hosting leaders working and delivering for their electorate.

Lagos should do what the likes of Ghana is doing which is to make their State capital of Accra difficult to live in for people who are unproductive and worthless immigrants.

Why, for example, should anyone suggest Lagos must find alternative accomodation for those living illegally in abandoned and empty buildings across the State when they would not have left Mali, Chad, Zamfara or Kaduna to come to Lagos if it is a known fact that vagrancy and homelessness is an absolute no no that is not tolerated in Lagos?

It is the decades of softly, softly approach of Lagos that has created room for some of the imbecilic arguments some people are now making in relation to real, immediate and existential threats to the safety and security of law-abidding Lagosians.
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by Elliotwaveforec: 11:37am On May 12, 2021
Grayoso:

You are just an attention-seeker trying to be contrarian in search of likes otherwise how am I indecisive ?

My point is clear to anyone who has followed all I have said. As a proud Lagosian, first and foremost, I support whatever Lagos political leadership has to do to make the State safer in a nation that has clearly lost it's head and ways under a compromised federal government.

Those who then want to hijack that important concept to be ridiculing the effort of Lagos administrators, simply because they want their own independent nation, should know there is a time and place for everything. Everything does not have to be destroyed merely because some people think it must be their way or no way at all. Only toddlers think like that.

Seccessionists should know boundaries and respect those of us who simply want measures put in place immediately to improve safety and ensure Lagosians can go about their legitimate business as safely as possible.

Is that too much of a 'Rocket science' concept to ask distractive kids like you to understand and get behind? I.e fight for what you want but don't insult or disregard others fighting for what they want also.

Abi because I want Oduduwa Republic that may not happen for years , or even ever, I should start insulting the efforts of Lagos at improving my safety immediately and perhaps preserving my life and that of my loved ones?

Who told you Oduduwa people want to destroy Lagos? They love Lagos more than you do; they can never destroy or jeopardise its security, it belongs to them.
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by Oracleforce: 11:45am On May 12, 2021
Valkan:
how many job dem don create

It is only the living being who can ask for the job.....cant you see the handwritten on the wall...? A dead body cannot ask jobs?
.there is a security threat from all these okada riders from the north and there is a need to control the influx of migrants to Lagos state before they submerge the entire state.

#we move

1 Like

Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by streetsoldier1(m): 2:04pm On May 12, 2021
Valkan:
how many job dem don create

The menace caused by these okada people need not be overlooked

1 Like

Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by joyousever(f): 2:19pm On May 12, 2021
It's psychology and not philosophy.
serverconnect:
Another season of crime loading...If no alternative provided for the okada riders, the ban is useless as letter 'P' in philosophy
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by tnerro1(m): 2:34pm On May 12, 2021
Yes oo, send those Aboki.s back to where they belong
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by serverconnect(m): 3:35pm On May 12, 2021
joyousever:
It's psychology and not philosophy.

Thank you.
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by Blackdisciple(m): 11:16pm On May 12, 2021
9jaRealist:

Call Uber or Lyft... grin
>

And if mama for market no come get money for Uber how she go carry load from market to house

Bros many will suffer
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by Littlefingerjp: 5:58am On May 13, 2021
optionalY09:
When election time reach they’ll allow Okada again just to play some smelling politics. Bunch of inconsistent, incompetent idiot.,

Had they kept to Fasholas strict principles and enforcement on Okada. Lagos would look nothing different to Paris. But right now we don’t even want to be in Nigeria again
With all due respect,brother I don't think Yu stay in Lagos..You want the government to stop Okada in Lagos??...When it is the state saving grace to beat traffic.. Imagine spending 2 hours from Orile to CMS because of trailer or do I have to talk about the long traffic in Mile 2 on both lanes or how do you want people in Apapa to go in and out of their area without Okada...I have not even spoken about the long traffic in the Oshodi- Sango expressway.. How can a Lagosian support the ban of Okada
When most of this guys are graduates without jobs..If Yu ban Okada because of the fights in Iyana oba and other area,the fights won't stop because the fulanis are here to stay... Simple
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by optionalY09: 6:06am On May 13, 2021
Littlefingerjp:
With all due respect,brother I don't think Yu stay in Lagos..You want the government to stop Okada in Lagos??...When it is the state saving grace to beat traffic.. Imagine spending 2 hours from Orile to CMS because of trailer or do I have to talk about the long traffic in Mile 2 on both lanes or how do you want people in Apapa to go in and out of their area without Okada...I have not even spoken about the long traffic in the Oshodi- Sango expressway.. How can a Lagosian support the ban of Okada
When most of this guys are graduates without jobs..If Yu ban Okada because of the fights in Iyana oba and other area,the fights won't stop because the fulanis are here to stay... Simple

There are better strategies to reduce traffic in Lagos, NY and Philadelphia city are busier than Lagos yet they didn’t have to allow commercial riders. We can do it and do even better
Re: Lagos Plans Fresh Ban On Okada, Keke by sixtuso(m): 6:12am On May 13, 2021
Very good, even agboro will fill the heat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Don’t Befriend PDP Politicians Who Defected To APC – CAC Prophet Warns Buhari / Server Controversy: I Will Open Up Soon, Says INEC Chairman / Justice Adolphus Karibi-Whyte Dies At 88

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.