Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Is Online Masters From UK University Respected In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Online Masters From UK University Respected In Nigeria (1398 Views)

Otusha Faith Agbo Graduates With First Class In Mathematics From UK University / EKSU VC, Edward Olanipekun's Son Graduates From UK University / British Woman Speaks Yoruba With Her Husband As She Graduates From UK University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Online Masters From UK University Respected In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:37pm On May 11, 2021
Hello, I got admission from University of York, UK, to study MSc Computer Science Online. I just want to know how valuable is an online degree in Nigeria, Will my MSc be respected like any other
Your responses will be highly appreciated.
earnestly looking forward to your assistance, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Is Online Masters From UK University Respected In Nigeria by s3nn2x(m): 11:35pm On May 11, 2021
Respected in what way?

I also intend to do a masters online but haven’t decided on the UK University, it would be either Oxford Brookes or Kings College London, depending on some personal issues.

As for me, I already have a job and don’t intend to change it. The masters is also related to the job. I don’t think there is any reason why the masters wouldn’t be respected because it is usually the same certificate issued to those that studied in person.

My response is based on the assumption that the certificate is issued by the institution directly and not through other institutions like UNICAF.

2 Likes

Re: Is Online Masters From UK University Respected In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:04pm On May 14, 2021
s3nn2x:
Respected in what way?

I also intend to do a masters online but haven’t decided on the UK University, it would be either Oxford Brookes or Kings College London, depending on some personal issues.

As for me, I already have a job and don’t intend to change it. The masters is also related to the job. I don’t think there is any reason why the masters wouldn’t be respected because it is usually the same certificate issued to those that studied in person.

My response is based on the assumption that the certificate is issued by the institution directly and not through other institutions like UNICAF.

am just thinking may be some employers may not accept an online degree, or not value it like they well a traditional degree. Even if the online is not written on the certificate, at some point they may find out. i have not started working yet, just doing business, and traveling a lot, so an online degree will allow me to study, and continue my business at the same time.
Re: Is Online Masters From UK University Respected In Nigeria by s3nn2x(m): 11:58pm On May 14, 2021
arma19:

am just thinking may be some employers may not accept an online degree, or not value it like they well a traditional degree. Even if the online is not written on the certificate, at some point they may find out. i have not started working yet, just doing business, and traveling a lot, so an online degree will allow me to study, and continue my business at the same time.

Well, if you are really concerned you can do your masters in a Nigerian institution. However, I feel that as long as the institution is accredited and recognized, you shouldn't have issues with employers or further studies. Or do you feel that NOUN certificates are not respected because it is not a conventional university?
Besides, Covid-19 is a perfect excuse to give for doing the masters online. A number of people studied online last year and some are still studying online.

2 Likes

Re: Is Online Masters From UK University Respected In Nigeria by Myketuale(m): 12:03pm On May 15, 2021
Good day sir
Please what is the difference between a postgraduate and a masters program?

Am a biochemist I want to further with masters , what area can I consider in Nigeria?
Re: Is Online Masters From UK University Respected In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 17, 2021
s3nn2x:

Well, if you are really concerned you can do your masters in a Nigerian institution. However, I feel that as long as the institution is accredited and recognized, you shouldn't have issues with employers or further studies. Or do you feel that NOUN certificates are not respected because it is not a conventional university?
Besides, Covid-19 is a perfect excuse to give for doing the masters online. A number of people studied online last year and some are still studying online.

I think i will just go ahead and accept the admission offer, like you said, covid 19 is a perfect excuse grin. Thank you for your contribution.
Re: Is Online Masters From UK University Respected In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 17, 2021
Myketuale:
Good day sir
Please what is the difference between a postgraduate and a masters program?

Am a biochemist I want to further with masters , what area can I consider in Nigeria?

studies done after earning a bachelor's degree or other degree are postgraduate degrees. eg. Post graduate diploma, masters, phd.
i don't know much about biochemistry, so i don't really know the best area you should specialize in
Re: Is Online Masters From UK University Respected In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 15, 2021
s3nn2x:
Respected in what way?

Hello s3nn2x,

Sorry if I may ask; is there anything wrong with obtaining UK degree through UNICAF scholarship/Learning?

Please, your response is highly sort-after as this will enable me make decision, thank you.
Re: Is Online Masters From UK University Respected In Nigeria by s3nn2x(m): 7:16pm On Jun 15, 2021
imadiyi:

Hello s3nn2x,

Sorry if I may ask; is there anything wrong with obtaining UK degree through UNICAF scholarship/Learning?

Please, your response is highly sort-after as this will enable me make decision, thank you.

I don't know much about UNICAF. Is it directly from UNICAF or through one of the affiliated institutions like Liverpool John Moores University? I don't think there is anything wrong with it. As long as it is accredited.
Re: Is Online Masters From UK University Respected In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 01, 2021
s3nn2x:

I don't know much about UNICAF. Is it directly from UNICAF or through one of the affiliated institutions like Liverpool John Moores University? I don't think there is anything wrong with it. As long as it is accredited.

Yes, it's through one of their affiliate (partner) university. Besides, I learnt (from a forum at Quora) that most public universities running online Masters in the UK, are doing so through affiliates (partners). The guy specifically made mention of University of Liverpool online Masters program as an example. He stated further that most of the on-campus lecturers are not responsible for online classes (lectures). He however said that the coursework, assignments and exams for both the online and on-campus program, as well as the degree awarded upon completion of the program are all same.

Do you of these? Please, do your findings and get back to me. Other than here on Nairaland, you can as well reach me at: osamudiamenimadiyi@gmail.com

Thank as I expect to hear from you soon.
Re: Is Online Masters From UK University Respected In Nigeria by Kamso11: 5:04pm On Nov 11, 2021
arma19:
Hello, I got admission from University of York, UK, to study MSc Computer Science Online. I just want to know how valuable is an online degree in Nigeria, Will my MSc be respected like any other
Your responses will be highly appreciated.
earnestly looking forward to your assistance, thank you.

Please how is this going? I’m thinking of applying to this particular University of York to also study MSc Computer Science online.
Should I go ahead based on your experience or not?
Thank you as I await a feedback…
Re: Is Online Masters From UK University Respected In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:42pm On Nov 12, 2021
Kamso11:

Please how is this going? I’m thinking of applying to this particular University of York to also study MSc Computer Science online.
Should I go ahead based on your experience or not?
Thank you as I await a feedback…

I saw a lot of Negative Reviews online about this online Msc, so i decided not to do it

(1) (Reply)

Flood Sweeps Away Ondo Secondary School Student (photo, Video) / My Father Is Rich But I'm Broke, FUK 400 Level Student Commit Suicide (photos) / Can I Serve In The Military While Still In The University?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.