Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,678 members, 7,955,505 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:46 AM

Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo (42803 Views)

Obaseki’s Agents Mop Up Newspapers In Benin / Hosa Okunbo's Letter: Suspected Govt Agents Mop Up National Newspapers In Benin / Felicia Ejezie ‘Mama Biafra’ Arraigned In Court For Selling IPOB Newspapers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by favor914: 10:29pm On May 11, 2021
DSC7:
Pharaoh let my people go ooooooo.......

Naija don cast...... cry

Northern Nigeria dey fear anything related to secession like say tomorrow no dey... grin
In all honesty I believe you & others are over heating the polity? Our brethren North of the River Niger are laughing at the infant minded children imagining an unattainable mirage called secession.

2 Likes

Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by berrystunn(m): 10:32pm On May 11, 2021
FarahAideed:

Don't you know road to Tipper garage ?

Google the size of your head.
Send the results when you are done

1 Like

Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by isaiahethan: 10:34pm On May 11, 2021
Staphylococcus:
Good development

They should be locked-up pending trial, and if found guilty, should be killed immediately without appeal

You will be killed first , for spewing trash. Ashlock! Stop hating grow up. Anyway don't bother to quote me cos I ain't got no time to exchange words with kids on this forum. Sometimes I do , but once in 2years.

2 Likes

Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by Staphylococcus: 10:36pm On May 11, 2021
[s]
isaiahethan:

You will be killed first , for spewing trash. Ashlock! Stop hating grow up. Anyway don't bother to quote me cos I ain't got no time to exchange words with kids on this forum. Sometimes I do , but once in 2years.
[/s]
Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by FarahAideed: 10:37pm On May 11, 2021
berrystunn:

Google the size of your head.
Send the results when you are done

Silly scammer ..this truck scam is an old format .. Always looking for imaginary truck ...you forgot to add your phone number , oh you want to send that one privately cheesy
Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by JohnBullMySon: 10:38pm On May 11, 2021
greenguy:
Useless police with misplaced priorities. Are they now going to decide what the people will read? The vendors are just business men giving the people what they want while making money to sustain their families.

80 percent of Igbos are in support of Biafra, so Biafran news gives them agro. A million arrest won't change that.
It depends on what you mean by support for Biafra. From my interactions, I would say that about 35% of people are solidly behind Nnamdi Kanu, this mostly includes young hustlers and guys striving to make ends meet, part of the middle class and businessmen and very few wealthy people. 40% like Biafra but do not like Nnamdi Kanu and his method. this includes part of the middle class, A good part of the educated class, some part of graduates, undergraduates and businessmen as well as part of the christians. The last 25% are not interested in Biafra but rather a new government and policy changes. this includes mostly educated people, lecturers and civil service workers, middle class corporate job workers, graduates and undergraduates as well, most of the wealthy ones who have strong business links round the country. A good part of christians are also here.

As for the Biafran newspaper, I don't know whether to blame the police or not, they're always stupid in their actions. But I've also read those newspapers before, and I must say that it is part of what is fuelling the crisis. So much false propaganda in them. But making public arrests isn't the way to go. The vendors are not the problem.

1 Like

Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by Idiko1: 10:41pm On May 11, 2021
Africans are the most idiotic humans ever created or walked the surface of the earth. Is Nigeria still experimenting on democracy or has gone the way of authoritarian society? No wonder Nigeria is called shithole.

4 Likes

Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by Achovich720: 10:47pm On May 11, 2021
You see the useless Nigerian Police arresting and torturing innocent citizens for no good reasons...tomorrow once thesame citizens come after them alots people will come up here on nairaland to talk trash...

2 Likes

Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by molas02: 10:47pm On May 11, 2021
Is the man a newspaper producer.... Misplacement of priority,Na so NDLA go dey arrest chemist owner leaving the manufacturer.... Na wa ooo

2 Likes

Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by westlius(m): 10:53pm On May 11, 2021
berrystunn:
Below are the details of the offer :

Conveyance of gypsum
from Apapa to Dangote factory in Oregun, Ikeja, Lagos.

Hire per day -, 105k .

Truck type required: Dump truck ("tipper"wink -- 30 tonnes. Must be sharp

Work hours: Night / day (Monday to Saturday every week) (night Preferably)

Expected minimum number of trips per night/day: must be 2 trips up per truck.

Duration: 6 months, renewable after that date.

Number of trucks required: 20

Commencement date: immediately, if possible.

Note:

1. Dangote has dedicated lanes in some of the traffic prone areas, and participating trucks will be allowed to used the dedicated lanes to avoid traffic.

2. We will be responsible for fueling the trucks and any other possible logistical cost

3. We will provide Dangote stickers for the trucks to avoid any disturbances by area boys and such like

6. The trucks are free to use Dangote dedicated lanes on the roads where this is available to avoid traffic.

7. Truck own are responsible to service/ fix there truck if any break down.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

With regards,
I know of a company who can do such but need my PR
Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by dragunov: 10:56pm On May 11, 2021
Peacemaker5129:
Vendors Arrested For Selling Newspapers With News On IPOB

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/460653-vendors-arrested-for-selling-newspapers-with-news-on-ipob.html

This is pure repression. This is Gestapo style operation. There is going to be an attempt by the FG to level the whole of the SE and SS using the full machinery of the Nigeria armed forces. Then Fulani and BH jihadists will be released to clean up after them and occupy the land with their families. They are looking for an excuse to justify this move. That is why they are presenting a bait to ESN/ IPOB by withdrawing police presence from the governors in the whole of SE. They want IPOB to come out to take the SE and then booooom, the NA attacks, telling the whole world that they are trying to destroy a threat to the national integrity of Nigeria. That's the game plan. Its just so unfortunate that this Fulanis think we are fools
Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by calcal: 10:59pm On May 11, 2021
The zoo is sleepless, now begging South Korean with military support against Biafra and Oduduwa.

2 Likes

Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by learnedman(m): 11:04pm On May 11, 2021
Na so!!! kindergarten police, kindergarten DSS, Kindergarten Army, Kindergarten Customs, Kindergarten Immigration etc etc make Una carry go!!!

1 Like

Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by Onepeople: 11:17pm On May 11, 2021
masterpix:

Saddest, you are just bettered
because you have replied the fuul you have given him undeserved attention.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by Onepeople: 11:19pm On May 11, 2021
And boko haram is sharing palliative up north. Is only in Nigeria that freedom fighters are more dreaded than terrorist.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by berrystunn(m): 11:22pm On May 11, 2021
FarahAideed:

Silly scammer ..this truck scam is an old format .. Always looking for imaginary truck ...you forgot to add your phone number , oh you want to send that one privately cheesy

Mumu scam hiring tipper ?
Report Efcc local man
Hide your face E-rat or

Continue attacking your lazy mind.
Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by UnabashedIPOB: 11:23pm On May 11, 2021
The newspaper vendors are accused of circulating newspapers that promote the activities of IPOB.

This is ONE NIGERIA for you. You're arresting and brutalizing citizens for NO REASON except for conducting their legitimate business. And you wonder why UGM are KILLING them with impunity. Citizens all over the ZOO have REASONS to HATE the Police and would SUPPORT anyone with the guts to ELIMINATE them. I hope that MORE Police are KILLED as thy perpetrate EVIL against innocent civilians who have done nothing wrong except for being BIAFRANS.

1 Like

Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by Pacesetter123(m): 11:32pm On May 11, 2021
But the soft copies of the same papers are online nah?

3 Likes

Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by Zetra7: 11:36pm On May 11, 2021
Sammiel:
And what is wrong in selling such newspapers? It's not like selling an audio recording of Bokoharam leader, Shekau or their Chief sympathizer, Pantami. I don't support Ipob but legitimately hustling guys should not be harrased by the security agencies for going about their business.

Now you understand a little of this country's madness.. Imagine young guys hustling to make ends meet been send to jail...

1 Like

Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by IPIGSRMUMUS: 11:44pm On May 11, 2021
Arrested for circulating terrorist propaganda not news paper. IPIG MOD take note.
Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by berrystunn(m): 11:52pm On May 11, 2021
westlius:

I know of a company who can do such but need my PR

Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by Offpoint1: 12:03am On May 12, 2021
berrystunn:
Below are the details of the offer :

Conveyance of gypsum
from Apapa to Dangote factory in Oregun, Ikeja, Lagos.

Hire per day -, 105k .

Truck type required: Dump truck ("tipper"wink -- 30 tonnes. Must be sharp

Work hours: Night / day (Monday to Saturday every week) (night Preferably)

Expected minimum number of trips per night/day: must be 2 trips up per truck.

Duration: 6 months, renewable after that date.

Number of trucks required: 20

Commencement date: immediately, if possible.

Note:

1. Dangote has dedicated lanes in some of the traffic prone areas, and participating trucks will be allowed to used the dedicated lanes to avoid traffic.

2. We will be responsible for fueling the trucks and any other possible logistical cost

3. We will provide Dangote stickers for the trucks to avoid any disturbances by area boys and such like

6. The trucks are free to use Dangote dedicated lanes on the roads where this is available to avoid traffic.

7. Truck own are responsible to service/ fix there truck if any break down.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

With regards,
Why should Dangote have a dedicated lane on a public road? This is not a country
Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by oneTIMEman(m): 12:20am On May 12, 2021
You guys are lucky you don't have base.
Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by Belleful: 12:20am On May 12, 2021
Wen the vendor guys take up arms to fight back at of anger, the same dumb ass police will call them criminal. How can u arrest people doing legitimate job.? Ha this one weak me. This calling on vanguard, nations guardian and the rest to help get them release and put a stop to this latest police stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by Teejay13(m): 12:22am On May 12, 2021
Na was o, nothing musa no go see for gate!
Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by 10mobile: 12:30am On May 12, 2021
humilitypays:
Lol. Nigerian Jihadist Government, always going after soft targets they can intimidate.

They can't even face the newly formed ESN, instead they are busy harassing law abiding citizens, and when they push them to carry arms, they start to shiit in their dirty boxers angry
Too much oil on your head man. Conc truth.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by hansomb: 12:48am On May 12, 2021
Sammiel:
And what is wrong in selling such newspapers? It's not like selling an audio recording of Bokoharam leader, Shekau or their Chief sympathizer, Pantami. I don't support Ipob but legitimately hustling guys should not be harrased by the security agencies for going about their business.
spreading propaganda of a terrorist group is a big crime. Information is powerful
Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by 10mobile: 12:55am On May 12, 2021
favor914:
In all honesty I believe you & others are over heating the polity? Our brethren North of the River Niger are laughing at the infant minded children imagining an unattainable mirage called secession.
You are a low soul honestly for saying that secession is unattainable. Your lack of faith is the reason you're a failure in life in spite of your God-given talents. This is how low-souled South Africans like you told Mandela that an apartheid-free South Africa was unattainable. Today we know who is infant-minded between those low souls and great Mandela.

All great souls who went for great attainments had low souls like you to contend with - from Moses to Jesus to Martin Luther King Jr to Nnamdi Kanu. Hold your weak soul inside you and stop infecting the world with it. God hates faithlessness and so do I. Repent and see a better life.

With so much and so many evils taking place in Nigeria, I wonder why people who claim to have human brains are rising against those who no longer want to be a part of this decayed union! I'm so pissed off with you I could have slapped the hell out of you if you were here. Nonsense!!!

2 Likes

Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by ofiko123(m): 12:58am On May 12, 2021
Very good..Any action or activity promoting the division or the breaking apart of Nigeria shall not be tolerated...
Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by 10mobile: 1:08am On May 12, 2021
hansomb:
spreading propaganda of a terrorist group is a big crime. Information is powerful
How many times have they arrested people for selling papers carrying Boko Haram news? Now you're more likely to call IPOB a terrorist organization for their self defense than you would call Boko Haram for their mindless murders and destruction. And you Zoo people, aren't you ashamed that a group you proscribed locally is being granted asylum in the UK and free operation in the US while a group that you protect locally (Fulani herders) are proscribed globally? Truly truly truly, most of you Nigerians are REAL beasts of burden in your brains. No wonder Kanu called Nigeria a zoo. I would have preferred he called the useless country an evil forest instead. Tụfịakwa! You guys make me nauseate honestly. I felt like vomitting reading your comment.

3 Likes

Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by damienwayne(m): 1:11am On May 12, 2021
Staphylococcus:
Good development

They should be locked-up pending trial, and if found guilty, should be killed immediately without appeal
You’re just being dangerously stupid!

1 Like

Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by Staphylococcus: 1:12am On May 12, 2021
[s]
damienwayne:

You’re just being dangerously stupid!
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osinbajo And Ambode At Ikoyi Club 1938 80th Anniversary (Photos) / “Muhammadu Buhari Boulevard” In Niger Republic Defaced With Opprobrious Graffiti / Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.