Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo (42600 Views)

Obaseki’s Agents Mop Up Newspapers In Benin / Hosa Okunbo's Letter: Suspected Govt Agents Mop Up National Newspapers In Benin / Felicia Ejezie ‘Mama Biafra’ Arraigned In Court For Selling IPOB Newspapers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by shoprite: 8:05am On May 12, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Na vendor publish the newspaper??

I tire o !

Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by ezicospot(m): 8:11am On May 12, 2021
Staphylococcus:
Good development

They should be locked-up pending trial, and if found guilty, should be killed immediately without appeal

You're A Retched Hopeless Vagabond
Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by Scap93: 8:11am On May 12, 2021
Staphylococcus:
Good development

They should be locked-up pending trial, and if found guilty, should be killed immediately without appeal

Reasoning tru da anux is extremely bad.
Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by greenguy: 8:40am On May 12, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
It depends on what you mean by support for Biafra. From my interactions, I would say that about 35% of people are solidly behind Nnamdi Kanu, this mostly includes young hustlers and guys striving to make ends meet, part of the middle class and businessmen and very few wealthy people. 40% like Biafra but do not like Nnamdi Kanu and his method. this includes part of the middle class, A good part of the educated class, some part of graduates, undergraduates and businessmen as well as part of the christians. The last 25% are not interested in Biafra but rather a new government and policy changes. this includes mostly educated people, lecturers and civil service workers, middle class corporate job workers, graduates and undergraduates as well, most of the wealthy ones who have strong business links round the country. A good part of christians are also here.

As for the Biafran newspaper, I don't know whether to blame the police or not, they're always stupid in their actions. But I've also read those newspapers before, and I must say that it is part of what is fuelling the crisis. So much false propaganda in them. But making public arrests isn't the way to go. The vendors are not the problem.

Well said.
Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by Psoul(m): 8:57am On May 12, 2021
These people keep acting foolishly at all time.
Why do u arrest them?
Was the News Paper banned?
You should start from banning the News Paper.
Seal off their offices.
Then arrest anyone selling their paper.
Anything outside this procedure, oga officer, u are on illegal duty.
Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by MinistryOfBandi: 9:09am On May 12, 2021
All these signs are pointing to one direction; Biafra restoration is nearer than expected. Last kicks of a dying horse...
Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by LoudLord(m): 9:36am On May 12, 2021
Boya make dem arrest NL join
Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by Obipaul77(m): 9:42am On May 12, 2021
Peacemaker5129:
Vendors Arrested For Selling Newspapers With News On IPOB

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/460653-vendors-arrested-for-selling-newspapers-with-news-on-ipob.html
Them go tire. They have not seen anything yet. If they confiscate newspapers, what about those on air?. Lack of sense.
Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by saintmm(m): 9:44am On May 12, 2021
Reading through the news, I'm still looking for their offence! Which law have they broken?
Legitimate business people doing their legitimate business now o. If things go south now and they joined to pick up arms, before the presidency that you claimed sent you, you people would have collected.
#FreeTheInnocentVendors.

I rise
Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by Samirana360(m): 10:02am On May 12, 2021
One of the arrested vendors, Onyebuchi Iwundu, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) at a police station that the IRT operatives arrested them at Rotibi Street, a popular newspaper circulation street, off Douglasikonso Road in the early hours of Monday.
Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by Lawrencee2018(m): 10:20am On May 12, 2021
Sammiel:
And what is wrong in selling such newspapers? It's not like selling an audio recording of Bokoharam leader, Shekau or their Chief sympathizer, Pantami. I don't support Ipob but legitimately hustling guys should not be harrased by the security agencies for going about their business.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
That means I’m free to take a photo of you or any member of your family probably your wife URINATING and then broadcast same to the public IN THE name of hustle and you will be okay with that abiiiiii....

Let’s call a spade a spade ♠️

Make unu no forget say, “he who plays with fire must be ready to receive fire burns

Wetin papa and grannies do wey no get bead pikin wake say em papa no get sense or strength.

Millions of lives and properties were lost and now you want a repeat ??

Who do black man this thing ?
Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by Unrated900(m): 10:25am On May 12, 2021
RingRoadMafia:
Our annex Presidents Garba Shehu and Gambari are working. While the mannequin is sipping kunu without a care in the world! Nigeria can burn down, Buhari isn't aware so why would he care?

You people should just declare war naaa abiiiii
Which one is Buhari a mannequin.
Una wahala self much
Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by Halexgos3(m): 10:37am On May 12, 2021
Kill them all Nigeria must fall
Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by hansomb: 10:51am On May 12, 2021
10mobile:

Which one is 'sympathetic'? I am a proud full member of IPOB. Why can't a Boko Haram member be proud to say the same thing about Boko Haram? The fact that you couldn't even understand what I told you has proved your Zoo-worthiness. Again I say that I am a member of IPOB. Come and arrest me. If a Boko Haram member says the same about Boko Haram even on this faceless forum, watch how Interpol and FBI would rush him through his IP. All these should make Zoo citizens like you to be ashamed of themselves. Unfortunately, you are shameless.
Terrorist
Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by nick50(m): 11:08am On May 12, 2021
They should also arrest sheik Gumi the spokesman of bandits and Bokoharam
Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by berrystunn(m): 11:24am On May 12, 2021
Offpoint1:

Why should Dangote have a dedicated lane on a public road? This is not a country

Because he contribute to the economy
Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by Offpoint1: 11:44am On May 12, 2021
berrystunn:

Because he contribute to the economy
So a lane on public road should be dedicated to every Tom and Harry that contributed to Nigeria economy right? Is such thing practiced in a functioning society?
Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by CavemanDefuturo: 1:05pm On May 12, 2021
Why are they arresting the sellers instead of the owners (The News papers) and the Printer's?
Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by berrystunn(m): 7:55pm On May 13, 2021
Offpoint1:

So a lane on public road should be dedicated to every Tom and Harry that contributed to Nigeria economy right? Is such thing practiced in a functioning society?

Go and hide..

E-rat
Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by Offpoint1: 10:28pm On May 13, 2021
berrystunn:

Go and hide..

E-rat
You are among people cry of bad leadership, while you're nothing different from them.

Answer my simple question... Is it practice that way in a working society?
Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by berrystunn(m): 5:00pm On May 14, 2021
Offpoint1:

You are among people cry of bad leadership, while you're nothing different from them.

Answer my simple question... Is it practice that way in a working society?

How old are you ?
Government do not run business.
Government provide enabling environment.

All over the world.
Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by wizod(m): 10:06pm On May 14, 2021
Staphylococcus:
Good development

i am sorry for your stupidity
Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by Offpoint1: 11:52pm On May 14, 2021
berrystunn:

How old are you ?
Government do not run business.
Government provide enabling environment.

All over the world.
I'll take you serious when you answer my question.

Is it practice that way in a working society?
Re: Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo by berrystunn(m): 12:39am On May 15, 2021
Offpoint1:

I'll take you serious when you answer my question.

Is it practice that way in a working society?

Yes government gives Priority to some person's , company, group . To help them facilitate there business.

Because they create jobs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dino Melaye With Okorocha, Remi Tinubu, Others (Photos) / CJN Travelled For Medicals, Never Met Tinubu – Supreme Court / Kano’s Votes Alone Were More Than What The Entire South-West Gave Buhari - Waku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.