Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,764 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

How To Manage Post Examination Stress.. Including Seeds Of Doubt In Your Ability - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Manage Post Examination Stress.. Including Seeds Of Doubt In Your Ability (147 Views)

Self Care To Reduce Examination Stress This year / UNIBEN Made Me Doubt My Intelligence / How To Manage Examination Stress And Pass With Good Grades (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Manage Post Examination Stress.. Including Seeds Of Doubt In Your Ability by planetpgold(m): 10:07am On May 12, 2021
Timothy Here Again,

After the conclusion of your professional examination, there is a tendency that you may be thinking about it despite the fact you don't talk about it that much.

In simple terms, I am referring to the post examination stress. How do you really manage it? Last week Saturday, I received an email from Gloria who requested how she can manage post-exam stress which is taking a chunk of her energy and concentration. After the long conversation, I decided to share this with you so that you can benefit from it.

As we all know, exams are stressful. It takes a chunk of your physical and mental energy. However, that one is just a first phase.

There is another form of exam stress that doesn’t get recognized as much in general discussion on this topic and it is this which I want to touch on today. I’m talking about the exam stress that comes after you have written your exams and those seeds of doubt in your ability prop back up when it is ultimately too late to do anything about it.

So, here are some of the recommendations I told Gloria to follow after writing any exams.

*1. Never search your notes after an exam looking for answers:* We’ve all done it. You finish a particularly rough exam and, in a desperate bid to console yourself about what you've written, you immediately begin searching your notes to see if you got the test questions correct. Doing this is risky as it almost always leads to self-consolation or a heartbreak.

*2.Use your exam break to do something you enjoy:* This point may seem obvious to some, but the exam break should be used to reward yourself.

*3. Belief in your ability:* Writing a bad exam can be a deflating experience, especially if you feel like you put in a more than adequate effort in preparing for it. Keep in mind, however, that there are a myriad of factors that can lead to you writing a bad exam beyond your comprehension of the course material.

Perhaps you focused on the wrong material, or weren’t studying as effectively as you thought you were, or fell ill the day before — these are all plausible situations. Try to learn from your bad exam experience and use it to more effectively prepare for future exams.

*4. Resume your routines back:* During the final weeks of the exams many of us were scrambling for time to get everything we need to get accomplished. In doing so we tend to neglect certain other important parts of our lives (loved ones, Owambe etc), so get back and enjoy your routine before the next phase arrives.

*5. Don't Talk to your Colleagues about the exam.* Don't talk with your colleagues about the exams because their answers can be highly stressful if they responded to the exam questions differently than you did.

Follow these recommendations and ensure you forward this message to your friends, and I'll see you on the other side (poping champaign when your result is released).
Dedicated to Your ICAN Exam Success,
Tim Jibodu, FCA

*PlatinumGold 360 Solutions...* Your online, offline ICAN ACCREDITED Lecture Videos That Help ICAN Students Pass Their ICAN Exams Faster, Easier & Cheaper @ One Sitting, Even If You Have Failed Before or Just Starting

Available in: *Android *Desktop *Downloadable Versions*, for: -ICAN -ATS -CITN -CIS -CIPM

Re: How To Manage Post Examination Stress.. Including Seeds Of Doubt In Your Ability by Hammis: 1:46pm On May 16, 2021
Hmmm!

(1) (Reply)

Uses Of Quite / Buy Essay Paypal / How To Make Dining Cupboard Manually.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.