Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,434 members, 7,826,682 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

How Can My Dad Recover His Pension Arrears From Niger Insurance? Please Help! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can My Dad Recover His Pension Arrears From Niger Insurance? Please Help! (1251 Views)

'My Dad Is A Deadbeat' Top Worn By Daughter On Father's Day / My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead / My Dad Cheated On My Mum Before She Died And He's Still Doing It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can My Dad Recover His Pension Arrears From Niger Insurance? Please Help! by Desammyst(m): 4:12pm On May 12, 2021
Good day everyone, please this is my first time creating a post on this forum. I need all the help and advise you can provide, please.
My dad is a retired civil servant who started remitting a certain amount of money as insurance to Niger Insurance Company. The maturity of the money was due for the year 2019. Two(2) years down the line, Niger Insurance has yet to give him his pension plus accrued profits, running into millions of naira.
He has reported to his office, they have communicated the insurance office in the state we stay, yet the manager there is going back and forth, nothing coming out.
The state insurance manager is aware that his pension is matured, yet she is promising him that the issue is from the headquarters in Lagos, that they're paying people one after the other. Giving all sort of excuses, yet nothing forthcoming.
As a family, we're very concerned. That's why I brought it here, so that we can know the best way to recover the money.
God bless you lightly, as you help out.

*Mods, please help me push to the front page.
Re: How Can My Dad Recover His Pension Arrears From Niger Insurance? Please Help! by Shellsploit: 4:15pm On May 12, 2021
Where's Lalasticlacla embarassed
Re: How Can My Dad Recover His Pension Arrears From Niger Insurance? Please Help! by habsydiamond(m): 4:26pm On May 12, 2021
Nawah for this country ooo.... How will someone work like the rat race and retire and for him to be denied or not attended to.. Thats bad.... I would have advised u use the judiciary against them but I have forgotten that we don't even have one in my con3... The one positive thing I can say is God will make away for u guys for the money to be released quickly.. Please, tell baba to be calm ooo.. Cos that's what we need in this country right now... If u know u know
Re: How Can My Dad Recover His Pension Arrears From Niger Insurance? Please Help! by Desammyst(m): 3:38pm On May 16, 2021
Who can help me push it to the front page?
Re: How Can My Dad Recover His Pension Arrears From Niger Insurance? Please Help! by Appliedmaths(m): 8:52pm On May 16, 2021
Desammyst:
Who can help me push it to the front page?

Report the case to NAICOM and PENCOM, they're your best bet. Gather all your hard copy supporting documents, better if you're in Abuja based on head office things. If you're in Lagos go to their office accompanied by a lawyer or send an email first.

Visit NIACOM's and PENCOM's website and submit a complain.

Let me know how far...

2 Likes

Re: How Can My Dad Recover His Pension Arrears From Niger Insurance? Please Help! by Desammyst(m): 1:08pm On Oct 15, 2021
Appliedmaths:

Report the case to NAICOM and PENCOM, they're your best bet. Gather all your hard copy supporting documents, better if you're in Abuja based on head office things. If you're in Lagos go to their office accompanied by a lawyer or send an email first.

Visit NIACOM's and PENCOM's website and submit a complain.

Let me know how far...

Oh okay, sir... I am just seeing this now... I have actually submitted a complaint through their email address... No response yet
Re: How Can My Dad Recover His Pension Arrears From Niger Insurance? Please Help! by ahnie: 2:45pm On Oct 15, 2021
My husband was paid 25% of his gratuity abi pension 2018 it was a reasonable sum tho.
I hope when the stipulated time comes to receive the remaining 75% make i no hear stories that touched the heart Sha
Re: How Can My Dad Recover His Pension Arrears From Niger Insurance? Please Help! by Slimgold2019: 6:06pm On Oct 15, 2021
Call me on this line for proactive measures:Zero eight Zero twenty eight thirty seven one one five Zero
Re: How Can My Dad Recover His Pension Arrears From Niger Insurance? Please Help! by essentialone(m): 10:11pm On Jun 28, 2022
Desammyst:
Good day everyone, please this is my first time creating a post on this forum. I need all the help and advise you can provide, please.
My dad is a retired civil servant who started remitting a certain amount of money as insurance to Niger Insurance Company. The maturity of the money was due for the year 2019. Two(2) years down the line, Niger Insurance has yet to give him his pension plus accrued profits, running into millions of naira.
He has reported to his office, they have communicated the insurance office in the state we stay, yet the manager there is going back and forth, nothing coming out.
The state insurance manager is aware that his pension is matured, yet she is promising him that the issue is from the headquarters in Lagos, that they're paying people one after the other. Giving all sort of excuses, yet nothing forthcoming.
As a family, we're very concerned. That's why I brought it here, so that we can know the best way to recover the money.
God bless you lightly, as you help out.

*Mods, please help me push to the front page.

NAICOM REVOKES LICENCES OF STANDARD ALLIANCE INSURANCE AND NIGER INSURANCE
Nigeria’s National Insurance Commission (NAICOM) on Tuesday announced the withdrawal of the operational licences issued to Standard Alliance Insurance Plc and Niger Insurance Plc. The regulator also announced the appointment of Sanya Ogunkuade and Aina Blankson as the receiver/liquidator for Niger Insurance Plc and Standard Alliance Insurance Plc respectively. Although no official reason was given for the revocation of the insurance firms’ operating licences, NAICOM by law can revoke the certificate of registration of an insurer if it is insolvent, about to suspend payment of claims to any extent, or unable to meet its obligations.
In a statement by NAICOM’s spokesperson, Rasaaq Salami, the commission said the revocation of the certificate took effect from June 21, 2022.
“This is to notify all insurance stakeholders and members of the public that the National Insurance Commission has cancelled the certificates of registration of Standard Alliance Insurance Plc, RIC – 091 and Niger Insurance Plc, RIC – 029 with effect from the 21st day of June 2022. Consequently, the commission has appointed Sanya, Ogunkuade Esq of Plot 217, Upper Grace Plaza, 3rd Floor (Left Wing), Shetima Munguno Crescent, Behind Julius Berger Equipment Yard, Utako, Abuja as the Receiver/Liquidator for Niger Insurance Plc and, Kehinde Aina Esq of Aina Blankson LP, 5/7, Ademola Street, SW Ikoyi, Lagos as the receiver/liquidator for Standard Alliance Insurance Plc. All stakeholders are advised to forward their enquiries to the respective Receiver/Liquidator for each company for their necessary action. The Commission assures all stakeholders of the safety and protection of their interests.”
Re: How Can My Dad Recover His Pension Arrears From Niger Insurance? Please Help! by Desammyst(m): 12:18pm On Jul 07, 2022
essentialone:

NAICOM REVOKES LICENCES OF STANDARD ALLIANCE INSURANCE AND NIGER INSURANCE
Nigeria’s National Insurance Commission (NAICOM) on Tuesday announced the withdrawal of the operational licences issued to Standard Alliance Insurance Plc and Niger Insurance Plc. The regulator also announced the appointment of Sanya Ogunkuade and Aina Blankson as the receiver/liquidator for Niger Insurance Plc and Standard Alliance Insurance Plc respectively. Although no official reason was given for the revocation of the insurance firms’ operating licences, NAICOM by law can revoke the certificate of registration of an insurer if it is insolvent, about to suspend payment of claims to any extent, or unable to meet its obligations.
In a statement by NAICOM’s spokesperson, Rasaaq Salami, the commission said the revocation of the certificate took effect from June 21, 2022.
“This is to notify all insurance stakeholders and members of the public that the National Insurance Commission has cancelled the certificates of registration of Standard Alliance Insurance Plc, RIC – 091 and Niger Insurance Plc, RIC – 029 with effect from the 21st day of June 2022. Consequently, the commission has appointed Sanya, Ogunkuade Esq of Plot 217, Upper Grace Plaza, 3rd Floor (Left Wing), Shetima Munguno Crescent, Behind Julius Berger Equipment Yard, Utako, Abuja as the Receiver/Liquidator for Niger Insurance Plc and, Kehinde Aina Esq of Aina Blankson LP, 5/7, Ademola Street, SW Ikoyi, Lagos as the receiver/liquidator for Standard Alliance Insurance Plc. All stakeholders are advised to forward their enquiries to the respective Receiver/Liquidator for each company for their necessary action. The Commission assures all stakeholders of the safety and protection of their interests.”

Thank you very much for this info. God bless you, sir

1 Like

Re: How Can My Dad Recover His Pension Arrears From Niger Insurance? Please Help! by essentialone(m): 5:05pm On Jul 07, 2022
Desammyst:

Thank you very much for this info. God bless you, sir

Niger Insurance is dead and about to be buried. I pity for the clients and their investors.

1 Like

Re: How Can My Dad Recover His Pension Arrears From Niger Insurance? Please Help! by FriendsAndFans(m): 7:02pm On Jul 07, 2022
All these posts gives me apprehension about insurance companies and old age.
I'd rather chose a different line if I can

1 Like

Re: How Can My Dad Recover His Pension Arrears From Niger Insurance? Please Help! by essentialone(m): 8:06pm On Jul 07, 2022
FriendsAndFans:
All these posts gives me apprehension about insurance companies and old age.
I'd rather chose a different line if I can

Invest in the stock market. Avoid insurance companies. Even in the stock market, still avoid stocks of insurance companies. Lol

1 Like

Re: How Can My Dad Recover His Pension Arrears From Niger Insurance? Please Help! by Desammyst(m): 10:00pm On Jul 07, 2022
essentialone:

Niger Insurance is dead and about to be buried. I pity for the clients and their investors.

My brother, it is not funny o. Bad management and frivolities caused it for them.
The way it happened sef is so surprising...

1 Like

Re: How Can My Dad Recover His Pension Arrears From Niger Insurance? Please Help! by Desammyst(m): 10:01pm On Jul 07, 2022
essentialone:

Invest in the stock market. Avoid insurance companies. Even in the stock market, still avoid stocks of insurance companies. Lol

Lol... As in, anywhere there is the word "insurance", na to dai run for forty grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Can My Dad Recover His Pension Arrears From Niger Insurance? Please Help! by Desammyst(m): 10:03pm On Jul 07, 2022
ahnie:
My husband was paid 25% of his gratuity abi pension 2018 it was a reasonable sum tho.
I hope when the stipulated time comes to receive the remaining 75% make i no hear stories that touched the heart Sha
You will not receive oo... Please, there is an update on Niger insurance... You can check it on the post and make necessary arrangements.
Re: How Can My Dad Recover His Pension Arrears From Niger Insurance? Please Help! by FriendsAndFans(m): 8:24pm On Jul 08, 2022
essentialone:

stock is a scam

1 Like

Re: How Can My Dad Recover His Pension Arrears From Niger Insurance? Please Help! by essentialone(m): 11:20pm On Jul 08, 2022
FriendsAndFans:
stock is a scam

Tell that to people like you whose phone costs more than your bank account.
Re: How Can My Dad Recover His Pension Arrears From Niger Insurance? Please Help! by UCyril: 8:07am On May 03, 2023
Please any info on Niger insurance company?
I heard they went to court, have they resolved the problem.

(1) (Reply)

Men Who Dislike Women Are Childish, Immature Or Mentally Disabled / I'm Really Frustrated At This Point / Please Advice On How To Handle A Wife With Ego And Full Of Abusive Words

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.