Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,118 members, 7,953,437 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:15 PM

Ortom: Removing History Subject From Curriculum Is Evil - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ortom: Removing History Subject From Curriculum Is Evil (23892 Views)

Enugu 2023: Ekweremadu’s Demand Is Evil, Ignoble - Ugochukwu Agballah / Yerima Shettima: Nnamdi Kanu Is Evil, Sponsored To Destabilize Nigeria / Femi Fani-Kayode: Toyin Lawani’s Nun Costume Is Evil, Disgusting, Ghetto Rubbish (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ortom: Removing History Subject From Curriculum Is Evil by Deadlytruth(m): 1:59am On May 14, 2021
Asgard73:
Apc is evil..

Igbo governors them Na confirm
Zombies... no mind of their own..

Very stupid

Ortom making much sense
. Unfortunately even Ortom too is not sincere as he refused to specifically mention that it was PDP his party and Obasanjo that removed history from our curriculum. Why do you think he chose not to name names?

2 Likes

Re: Ortom: Removing History Subject From Curriculum Is Evil by Deadlytruth(m): 2:03am On May 14, 2021
Lastmankc:
Since ortom left that terrorist party,he has started growing balls.While umahi that join the terrorist and blood sucking party has started behaving like an idiot, telling his people to fast and pray for insecurity to stop.Even Israel,the home of Christ no even fast and pray.

Ortom is only trying to be politically correct, else he should have been honest enough to tell his admirers like you that it was his party PDP and Obasanjo that removed History from our curriculum. Or you think he doesn't really know that it was his party that did that?

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Removing History Subject From Curriculum Is Evil by Deadlytruth(m): 2:05am On May 14, 2021
DSC7:
This administration sha cry......

Apc na scam!!!....
Please get your facts right. History was removed from our curriculum by the PDP and Obasanjo as at when APC had not come into existence.

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Removing History Subject From Curriculum Is Evil by Deadlytruth(m): 2:09am On May 14, 2021
EjaikreTheViper:

SHUT UP THERE!!!

YOU ARE AN IGNORAMUS
You are actually the ignoramus here. What that monicker wrote there are the hard facts. History was removed from our curriculum by Obasanjo and the PDP and recently restored by Buhari. The same Obasanjo also made the decree which transferred missionary schools to the Fulani-controlled federal government till today. Indomie generation youths like you are one of our greatest problems in this country

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom: Removing History Subject From Curriculum Is Evil by Deadlytruth(m): 2:12am On May 14, 2021
membranus:
Another Fulani agenda to erase our fathers prowess and ownership of our lands, and to hide their nefarious activities in Nigeria.

They shall surely fail.
So the Obasanjo who removed history from our curriculum is a Fulani man? The tendency of some Nigerians to twist facts for political capital is simply mind-boggling.

2 Likes

Re: Ortom: Removing History Subject From Curriculum Is Evil by Deadlytruth(m): 2:19am On May 14, 2021
Speakright79:
Yes, they should return history to Benue schools so that Benue people can see how dumb their parents were in the 1960s when they were dancing like cows with the fulanis to kill innocent Igbo citizens. Today they are dancing a different tune..
Likewise, the restoration of history will teach you Igbos how your parents like Azikiwe and others were so dumb that they chanted one-Nigeria and repeatedly entered into political alliances with Fulanis and the very Ahmadu Bello you people have now turned around to label terrorists. It will also show to you Igbos how your fathers like Azikiwe, Ojukwu and Ironsi crushed all other tribes' attempts to break up Nigeria but later turned around to seek Biafra and expected support from those other tribes automatically as if they are idiots

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom: Removing History Subject From Curriculum Is Evil by BaronBiafra411(m): 2:28am On May 14, 2021
He just received sense!
May other governors receive sense...#Amen!!!
Courtesy Mazi The Supreme Leader grin grin
If you know grin grin
you get sense!!!!
Re: Ortom: Removing History Subject From Curriculum Is Evil by Deadlytruth(m): 2:33am On May 14, 2021
somehow:
History was removed in 2010

Most of una no different from una politicians.

Don't mind them. No genuine commitment to truth in their ways. All they know is to tie everything to partisan politics yet they want a better country ironically.

4 Likes

Re: Ortom: Removing History Subject From Curriculum Is Evil by Deadlytruth(m): 2:40am On May 14, 2021
zedman1:
[quote author=Asgard73 post=101662221]Apc is evil..

Igbo governors them Na confirm
Zombies... no mind of their own..

Very stupid

Ortom making much sense

I'm very shocked a lot of people here do not know when history was scrapped from the curriculum. To me it really made no sense then. We were taught history in our my time. Now the only thing most people know online is displaying unnecessary hatred without any facts to back up their claims. It's always either PDP did this or APC did that- the same shitty people playing with their intelligence in the name of party. Abegi, it was scrapped during the PDP administration. Another person will call me an APC supporter for letting them know about this simple history of yesterday. The other day someone was very sure Abacha was the head of state during the time of Maitatsine. Can you image that? Abacha of yesterday?
My brother I am more tired of indomie generation youths than you. The greatest problem we have in Nigeria today is this category of youths who know nothing and are not ready to even do a single independent minded research about the recent past let alone the distant one. They just come online to expose their ignorance all in pursuit of partisan affiliation and sympathy. And to imagine that these are the same youths accusing the older generation of failure and asking to be given power is really an irony. Nigeria is already doomed presently but with these set of youths in power the doom that will befall Nigeria will make the present one look like prosperity.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom: Removing History Subject From Curriculum Is Evil by Difrent: 4:23am On May 14, 2021
Fasindo:
shocked

That was Fulani first agenda which they achieved.

The one sad thing about our history is that majority of the people we study in our history are the same people ruling us, the likes of Buhari, TY Danjuma, Obasanjo, Atiku, Sule Lamido, Gambari etc that ruled us in the past which made up of our history are the same people ruling us and they are mostly Fulanis.
I now ask what is really our history?

Fulanis don't want us to know that they were originally not Nigerians, but they forget to know that one don't really need to study history in school b4 knowing his or her origin

And they used a foolish southerner in ten person of Obj to remove history from our schools.......who's to blame?
Btw I thought it has been restored back in schools so which one is Ortom saying again

2 Likes

Re: Ortom: Removing History Subject From Curriculum Is Evil by t6(m): 4:57am On May 14, 2021
Thank you Orthom. I am glad you mentioned this to the public. I believe the public with great outcry can bring it back! There had been many subjects which I see no importance of disintegrating them from their original nature, e.g Animal husbandry(Agric Science took care of this then), Marketing (Commerce is still alive to fo this!) Shorthand (We did it in Business Studies). Security Education (I can't even place any usefulness on this because Social studies is there) Civic is the only subject I recommend because of Science Students.

History as a subject was taken out, yet hardly will you see Government Teachers in Public Schools... They even even encourage students to choose Civic in place of government.

1804 saga is still very fresh, 1939 act of Bernard Boudillon and Richard favoritism are saturating our minds, how on earth � can we ignore the evil of McPherson anf Gerald Howd at the All Nigerian Ibadan Conference?

Let's monitor our children's educations especially in private owned schools.

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Removing History Subject From Curriculum Is Evil by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 5:15am On May 14, 2021
For their mind.. with this , our children will not know what happened in the past, they should also block Internet because every historical events you need to know are there
Re: Ortom: Removing History Subject From Curriculum Is Evil by Fejoku: 6:06am On May 14, 2021
Gerrard59:
"Our children need to know how their forefathers lived on this land hundreds of years ago. Our children need to know what took place at Ushongo Hills in 1804 and why this land and our people were not conquered till this day.”

First time I am seeing such a name and upon a Google search, that was where Uthman Dan Fodio was defeated thereby scuttling his Fulani-Islamic inspired move to East. If not, by now, Igbos, Ijaws and Ibibios would have being Muslims. Unfortunately, the elites in Benue are against him by being silent. David Mark, Gabriel Suswam, George Akume etc., worthless elites who would rather suck the d!ck of their Fulani masters than save their lands and people.
The second bolded is at best just speculations. You can't say such for certain because you don't know much about Igbos. Even Europeans have debated this particular event and its probability. Igbos only tolerate you if you show them you can offer something better than they have which Islam doesn't have. What is that good thing fulanis could have brought to Igboland? Nothing. Hausaland degenerated when fulanis took hold of it. Nasarawa area of the middlebelt was devastated immediately fulanis entered there. They would have met their Waterloo in the East if they had gone beyond Benue. Do you know how many Igbos of today were of Igala ancestry? After they attacked northern Igboland, a lot of them were sucked in and didn't return home. It's on record that Igbos are the largest African ethnic group with little external influence when the British arrived Nigeria. We held our forte against all.
Re: Ortom: Removing History Subject From Curriculum Is Evil by zoedew: 6:36am On May 14, 2021
Obasanjo was the purveyor of that evil!

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Removing History Subject From Curriculum Is Evil by Funflipper: 6:40am On May 14, 2021
valentineuwakwe:
My brother up there quoting fulani as people who remove history from our educational curricula, it was OBJ who did it during his reign as president from 1999-2003....he was so engrossed of knowing it all in Nigeria then that he faulted any new ideas n partially seem to please the north thinking he will get a third term....
Till today I still blame OBJ for many of Nigeria's problems yet he is going about acting like a saint...what do you expect from a man who wanted a third term? What do you expect of a man who has rule from the south west for 8 yrs and still want to force Akinwunmi from the same south west as presidential candidates on us come 2023...
I blame other previous administration after him who refuse to rescind his evil decision..when children don't know there history, how will they know there geography and future?

You are right. Obasanjo laid the foundation of the mess Nigeria is in right now.

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Removing History Subject From Curriculum Is Evil by Fantacy4(m): 6:40am On May 14, 2021
Fasindo:
shocked

That was Fulani first agenda which they achieved.

The one sad thing about our history is that majority of the people we study in our history are the same people ruling us, the likes of Buhari, TY Danjuma, Obasanjo, Atiku, Sule Lamido, Gambari etc that ruled us in the past which made up of our history are the same people ruling us and they are mostly Fulanis.
I now ask what is really our history?

Fulanis don't want us to know that they were originally not Nigerians, but they forget to know that one don't really need to study history in school b4 knowing his or her origin
I don't take these clone serious wollahi
Re: Ortom: Removing History Subject From Curriculum Is Evil by showafrica(m): 7:10am On May 14, 2021
NwaNimo1:
Mehn.....Gov Ortom is on fire these days

(gif updated in honour)

[img]https://media1./images/0dba024440224f9bd7e3dd191d0fdaf5/tenor.gif?itemid=21549159[/img]

other Mid Belters..... Organise!

(We don dey move)

Yea, the man don gather lever and momentum. If a man fears too much, even God will leave him. Fear is not supposed to be in a dictionary of any man.
Re: Ortom: Removing History Subject From Curriculum Is Evil by zedman1(m): 7:20am On May 14, 2021
[quote author=Deadlytruth post=101670361][/quote] Honestly, it's so worrisome.

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Removing History Subject From Curriculum Is Evil by Blackdisciple(m): 7:45am On May 14, 2021
Hmm removing history from curriculum , haba who be that illiterate wey wan initiate the matter na
Re: Ortom: Removing History Subject From Curriculum Is Evil by MeetDx(m): 7:59am On May 14, 2021
That was exactly what the white man did us; now the Fulanis are trying to repeat the same! SMH... Open your eyes people!

Re: Ortom: Removing History Subject From Curriculum Is Evil by Godswrath(m): 8:00am On May 14, 2021
God bless you sir, the truth must always be spoken at all times even though the culprits won't like to hear 'em.
Fulanis always have an agenda of their conquest against the indigenous people. They failed during Usman Dan fodio, they failed under Amadu Bello and they will still fail once again under this lifeless terrorist in Aso Rock and his canals.
Indigenous people need to work up, Bauchi state Governor said it all,"that they want to bring together all fulanis across the Sahara and settled them in one fold. The fold is Nigeria.
The earlier we realize this fulani conquest evil agenda, the better for us the Indigenous people.
Re: Ortom: Removing History Subject From Curriculum Is Evil by descarado: 8:21am On May 14, 2021
valentineuwakwe:
My brother up there quoting fulani as people who remove history from our educational curricula, it was OBJ who did it during his reign as president from 1999-2003....he was so engrossed of knowing it all in Nigeria then that he faulted any new ideas n partially seem to please the north thinking he will get a third term....
Till today I still blame OBJ for many of Nigeria's problems yet he is going about acting like a saint...what do you expect from a man who wanted a third term? What do you expect of a man who has rule from the south west for 8 yrs and still want to force Akinwunmi from the same south west as presidential candidates on us come 2023...
I blame other previous administration after him who refuse to rescind his evil decision..when children don't know there history, how will they know there geography and future?
We forget so easily.

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Removing History Subject From Curriculum Is Evil by UndilutedFaxt: 9:02am On May 14, 2021
The entire middle belt and southern Nigeria has to be grateful to the Benue people especially the TIV who single handedly defeated Usman Dab Fodio jihadist war in Nigeria.
Ever since then the Fulanis developed an eternal hatred for the Benue people and which is the root cause of the killings in recent history in Nigeria.
Come to think of it, APC won the election both at the federal level and in Benue State, and what happen immediately Buhari was sworn in - Agatu killings started. How will you explain this? It isn't political because both the state and Federal were of the same political party, why was there no peace when the state should benefit military presence as a result of the affiliation it has with the Federal government, but no the killings continued unabated.
It wasn't and has never been political but ethnical for the Fulanis never forgive no matter how long.
This is the sole reason Southern Nigerians must fully support the Benue people in a time as these for they were instrumental to our safety in the days of yore.
As for me Benue has my full support
Re: Ortom: Removing History Subject From Curriculum Is Evil by blazepascal(m): 9:04am On May 14, 2021
Yes they should bring history back and see how they killed many biafrans even my dad witnessed it there was hunger and starvation. They ate lizard and other disgusting food
Re: Ortom: Removing History Subject From Curriculum Is Evil by OSHIOJANLE: 9:09am On May 14, 2021
They are trying to restructure Nigeria, that's why..my people.
Re: Ortom: Removing History Subject From Curriculum Is Evil by tezo33: 9:10am On May 14, 2021
Honestly the adminsitrators of or Education system when this subject was removed needs to be probed.What was the justification in the first place?
Is there a country that history is not taught in their schools?How will we learn from the mistakes of past leaders?Oh i forgot...the past leaders are still here.dem never die sef.. grin
Re: Ortom: Removing History Subject From Curriculum Is Evil by membranus: 10:16am On May 14, 2021
Deadlytruth:
So the Obasanjo who removed history from our curriculum is a Fulani man? The tendency of some Nigerians to twist facts for political capital is simply mind-boggling.

Obasanjo is a Fulani stooge, so he was acting their scripts.
Re: Ortom: Removing History Subject From Curriculum Is Evil by kabillionaire(m): 10:21am On May 14, 2021
The people's Governor!

You impresses me by the day.

First you stands for your people against external aggression.

Now you want history subject reintroduced in schools.

Posterity will be fair to you.
Re: Ortom: Removing History Subject From Curriculum Is Evil by lillsmart121(m): 3:44pm On May 14, 2021
I think I agree with the governor on this one���
Re: Ortom: Removing History Subject From Curriculum Is Evil by Sunday2021: 4:54pm On May 14, 2021
EjaikreTheViper:

SHUT UP THERE!!!

YOU ARE AN IGNORAMUS
unfortunately, I don't reply fools.

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Removing History Subject From Curriculum Is Evil by ivolt: 5:11pm On May 14, 2021
valentineuwakwe:
My brother up there quoting fulani as people who remove history from our educational curricula, it was OBJ who did it during his reign as president from 1999-2003....

Present your source or keep quiet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

DSS, Police Petitioned Over Plan To Stage Protest Against Buhari / The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School / My Arrest By EFCC Has No Political Undertone – Shekarau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.