Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,921 members, 7,817,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

20 Habits That May Prevent You From Becoming A Millionaire - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 20 Habits That May Prevent You From Becoming A Millionaire (324 Views)

Habits That Have Denied You Your Promotion At Work And Stalled Your Career / Money Cakes: Nigerians Keep Emulating Habits That Kill Jobs (Pictures) / 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

20 Habits That May Prevent You From Becoming A Millionaire by Akinpedia(m): 9:14am On May 14, 2021
Once those habits mentioned in this article are taken care of, then you can begin to build on that solid foundation. If you have habits similar to these, how do you intend to become a millionaire?

Here, I will tell you the practices that you should abandon

Most of you, including myself, have bad habits that get in our way to our success. If you are able to abandon the following habits, you must be able to understand that becoming a millionaire is not as far from reality an idea as you think you all want to be.

For some of us on this platform, and for many other people, these habits were what kept them from becoming a millionaire

Sleep when you shouldn't

If you wake up until noon and work 12 or more hours per day to make up for a late start. Here's the thing. We are not all active people in the morning.

But Successful people are known to wake up early, usually before everyone else at home, so they can get started early on to get work started, catch up on the news, answer emails, and exercise without sacrificing time. they spend with their family. Start setting your goal to wake up early to work and then use your evening to play

Neglecting your Health

"When it comes to health, bad habits do harmful damages, According to Thomas Corley in " Change Your Habits, Change Your Life: Strategies that Transformed 177 Average People into Self-Made Millionaires ."

He explains that when you're unhealthy, you're tired, less productive, more stressed, and much more likely to get sick. How can you focus on building your health, if you fight those factors every day?

There were times I work without a break and I get so stressed and almost lost my memory which affected me greatly. Therefore endeavour to take care of your health. Health is wealth and wealth is also healthy.

When You Are Not Reading

People with money invest their time and effort necessary to expand their knowledge, keep up with the news and trends within their industry, learn from others and take responsibility for continuing to innovate.

As Lipovsky wrote,

Reading brings different perspectives, allows you to gain various points of view that will, in turn, expand yours, giving you the push you need to dream big and motivate you to never give up.

I remembered when Dr Alice Ade-Oludimu told us that her first salary in 2002 was N3,000, She said she added money to it and took it to Bible Wonderland in Lagos and bought about 40 pieces of the book and began to read them. Today those books have helped her because she has invested in herself.

Meanwhile, money should not be an excuse again because if you go to Telegram and you type the word Library, there are over 50,000 free books you can download for free. Stop wasting your phone data reading status and contributing to non-valuable posts, use it to visit these sites and start reading

When you rely on a single source of income

People with a lot of money have several sources of income. This means that for those of us who aspire to wealth, we have to invest part of our income to pay off our debts, and reserve for retirement and invest.

This doesn't mean you have to get a second job while waiting for results. It could be something you're passionate about, like creating a blog or website and start writing about technology and start earning a passive income through the market. You can get trained in the mini importation and exportation business you can be trained for a token without much capital to start.

When you are not setting a budget

Everyone needs to create a budget and stick to it, but unfortunately, there are many people who do not. Since they can't see if they are spending more than they are accurately earning, it often leads to financial problems.

If you notice that this is your case, then you need to start reducing unnecessary expenses and you should talk to an advisor to claim you. Using your bank's account, you can set a certain amount aside being automatically deducted from your account, you can also adopt this method.

In fact, this is another habit discovered by millionaire authors such as Thomas Stanley and William Danko after analyzing millionaire people for their book The Millionaire Next Door. You will find all these books on telegram. According to Dr Alice Ade-Oludimu, she has read them and they have impacted her greatly

When you don't think ahead

In a study, 95% of poor people did not save and most of them accumulated debt to subsidize their quality of life.

Consequently, they do not have money either for the time of their retirement or for their children's education, or for the opportunities that come their way, "wrote Tom Corley in" Change Your Habits, Change Your Life. "

Just like Corley says. "Not saving and spending more than you earn creates long-term poverty with no hope of escaping."

There are insurances you can do on education to even death so you will not be caught unaware or be a liability to your family. Visit your bank for advice.

Not paying attention to small expenses

You may think that spending N150 a day on a bottle of mineral has no effect on your wallet. The same goes for that N5000 hair or N20,000 wardrobe a month.

But, despite the fact that in the scheme of things these are small expenses, believe it or not, they add up quickly most especially the data you buy monthly. I am a heavy user of data at least I use 120GB monthly. I am earning so much monthly using my phone for pieces of training and doing business but if your case is not as such, then stop being wasteful brother and sister

Again, this is why a budget is so helpful. It helps you manage these small expenses so you can adjust and focus on the important things. Remember to only keep the subscriptions that you actually use.

When you don't find a mentor

I'm sure if I had found a mentor years ago I would have gotten rich since then. Why do I believe it? I could have learned from the successes and mistakes of someone who has developed in those fields, their advice could have helped me to omit so many mistakes that I have experienced and instead I could have obtained some benefit.

Instead of going out to get a mentor, open your eyes, they are all around you. You can take the advice of a counsellor or businessman around you or read books from wealthy millionaires like Rich Dad poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki

If you stay in your comfort zone

Taking risks and getting out of your comfort zone is unsettling. I understand. But until you take that leap, you will find financial success. This is a habit that worked very well for Bill Gates, Richard Branson, Larry Ellison, and Warren Buffet.

"The pursuit of wealth requires risk, most people do not, so they are not rich.

Go into that investment, join digital marketing or eCommerce and see that the Lord is good

When you don't ask questions

You don't know everything. Put your ego aside for a moment. I hate being the bearer of bad news, but that's a fact and it will keep you from being rich until you deal with it.

I learned the hard way that trying to guess the future leads to failure and poor decisions. If you are not sure about an investment or an idea for your business, do not hesitate to ask for feedback and advice.

Being consumed by failure

Entrepreneurs wear failure as a badge of honour. That doesn't mean they enjoy or want to fail. Going out of business and losing almost everything is rubbish, but those bumps of life are necessary to become as strong as you can be.

Do not get confused. Failure is horrible. But you shouldn't let that stop you. Take risks, and if you fail, learn from your mistakes and move on.

Not setting daily goals

One of the best habits I have adopted in recent years was writing my goals daily and first thing in the morning. This inspires and encourages me to achieve my goals. I even have a book I published turtles, my daily goal guard

I found that setting daily goals helps prioritize from the most important to the least important.

When you are thinking negatively

"Long-term success is only possible when you have a positive mindset.

Here are some examples of the most common negative thoughts we have that most can overcome:

- Doubting yourself. Training, education, and a mentor can change this thinking.
- Believe that your goals cannot be achieved. Focus on reaching your daily goals and pushing yourself.
- Have bad grades. No grades and learning difficulty do not determine success. Ask Richard Branson who overcame dyslexia.
- The competition is too tough. You will never know until you try. And, in the worst case? Just turn around.
- Lack of concentration. Living healthy and setting daily goals can keep you focused.

If you don't save

"A job will never make you rich. Nor will saving all your money in a piggy bank. So how do you build wealth?

So how is wealth achieved?

Simple!

It's through tangible assets such as a profitable business, a growing stock portfolio or investing in real estate or education. Remember, your car and bills are responsibilities that take away the income from your future wealth. Focus on acquiring things that will make you money in the long run.

When you make excuses

Excuses were one of the biggest obstacles between me & wealth. Making excuses is easy when we are trying to understand why we have so much debt and if we don't have a six-figure income. Saying that we want to live in the moment is an excuse not to work and create a better future.

Stop making excuses and start working.

For example, don't worry about saving when you're drowning in debt. Pay first, and that way you can start saving and investing. If you're not making enough money, find another source of income like selling things online or delivering water or doing laundry.

That won't solve all your problems, but at least it's a start to ditching excuses. Failure to follow the 70/30 Rule.

Jim Rohn, one of the county's leading business authority figures, has a simple formula for building your wealth.

He wrote,

"After paying your taxes, learn to live with 70% of your income for your necessities and luxuries", "it is important to see how you allocate the remaining 30% after that." Mentions Rohn. Rohn suggests giving one third to charity, one third to equity investments and the last third to savings.

You won't notice anything at first, but let five years go by and the differences will be noticeable. 10 years later, they will be completely solid. This is a lecture originally given by Dr Alice Ade-Oludimu on Glocalists Digital Skill (A WhatsApp Group).

I'm going to send us to links now to read for free and stop all the bad habits mentioned above https://www.akinpedia.com/careers/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 20 Habits That May Prevent You From Becoming A Millionaire by Nobody: 9:18am On May 14, 2021
Hh

(1) (Reply)

Tips And Tricks: The Real Estate Sales Process / The Accounting Profession: What You Should Know / Learn Coding The Easiest Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.