Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,426 members, 7,822,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Lagos State Government Dislodges Squatters Beneath Iganmu Bridge - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Government Dislodges Squatters Beneath Iganmu Bridge (26506 Views)

Eko Bridge Fire Outbreak: Lagos Gives Squatters 48 Hours To Vacate Area / Lagos Task Force Serves Iganmu Under Bridge Squatters Removal Notice (Photos) / Boko Haram Invades Ajiri Military Base In Borno, Dislodges Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Government Dislodges Squatters Beneath Iganmu Bridge by Hespee93: 8:50pm On May 14, 2021
Mawwulee:
Did they provide a special lodge for them?

Why do they have to chose that place as lodge in the first place.

Those that decide to look at shelter, are they not also human like them.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Dislodges Squatters Beneath Iganmu Bridge by computer0810(m): 8:54pm On May 14, 2021
odiomachi:
good, but provide alternatives
pls alternative like under another bridge dey can build shanties again or what?

Some of u are just foolish and annoying, u will rush to write nonsense with ur cockroach brain just to make front page comments

There r plenty houses to rent in lagos and If dey can't afford it's not by force to stay in lagos

But u need to state d kind of alternative u mean pls

5 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government Dislodges Squatters Beneath Iganmu Bridge by Pharaoh4rin(m): 9:09pm On May 14, 2021
Yusfunoble:

So much sense in one post. If only dem fit go back to their state (or other states sev) and channel the same hustling spirit.

But there’s this kind of addiction that stress and suffering of Lagos bring to people. It’s so strong that some people can’t even live in calm environment again.

You go hear Lagosians for other states saying “why everywhere just dull like this”
“Una no dey rush buses for here”

Lagosians no like comfort grin

You guys won't understand.
Go to Los Angeles or Illinois, or Brooklyn, you'll understand that certain lives are meant to be lived.
Lagos State brings out:
> the best in you,
> the strength in you,
> the creativity in you,
> the you in you.
It doesn't matter your tribe, race or religion. Kaduna State was the only state that underwent the same hospitality and tenacity until 1982 when Metasini collapsed the hospitality

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Dislodges Squatters Beneath Iganmu Bridge by Ishilove: 9:18pm On May 14, 2021
Calling this a pig sty will be an insult to pigs

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Dislodges Squatters Beneath Iganmu Bridge by Chicastle: 9:30pm On May 14, 2021
Gbagura:
Most people suffering in Lagos would have make it big in their respective states if only they'd stay back. I don't understand all these craze about Lagos. There are better standard of living outside Lagos,much more better sef.

Oil dey your head
Re: Lagos State Government Dislodges Squatters Beneath Iganmu Bridge by Chicastle: 9:30pm On May 14, 2021
Gbagura:
Most people suffering in Lagos would have make it big in their respective states if only they'd stay back. I don't understand all these craze about Lagos. There are better standard of living outside Lagos,much more better sef.
Re: Lagos State Government Dislodges Squatters Beneath Iganmu Bridge by COMPAQ(m): 9:33pm On May 14, 2021
odiomachi:

Shouldn't they know where they are going to live before coming blindly to lagos?

All the Nigerians in UK, US and Canada, did they go there to sleep under bridge?

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government Dislodges Squatters Beneath Iganmu Bridge by Mcfi(m): 9:53pm On May 14, 2021
free2ryhme:

Give them a space in your house

My house full Abeg.
Re: Lagos State Government Dislodges Squatters Beneath Iganmu Bridge by Mcfi(m): 9:54pm On May 14, 2021
Sleekfingers:

back to their village......some people got no business staying in lagos.......

Sanwo olu should also demolish all the shanties in makoko, ilaje, bariga, iwaya, ijora, ajegunle, orile, idi araba, agege

I wish they can do it o.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Dislodges Squatters Beneath Iganmu Bridge by Cooky007(m): 10:11pm On May 14, 2021
GOOD ONE MR. GOV, CSP, SHOLA INFACT YOU ARE DUE FOR PROMOTION TO ACP,IGP SHOULD TAKE NOTE FOR A JOB WELL DONE. MOST OF THESE HOODLUMS ARE NOT LAGOSIAN'S, LEAVING THEIR VARIOUS STATES DONKEY YEARS AGO. GOD BLESS YOU FOR MAKING THEM TO GO BACK TO THEIR VARIOUS STATE. KUDUS FOR A POSITIVE STEP TOWARDS CHECKING INSECURITY.
Re: Lagos State Government Dislodges Squatters Beneath Iganmu Bridge by LightUpWithKemi: 10:12pm On May 14, 2021
Thumbs up.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Dislodges Squatters Beneath Iganmu Bridge by ba7man(m): 10:14pm On May 14, 2021
Mcfi:
Those under bridges in Lagos need to be cleared. Come to think of it people leaving under those bridges, where they wan go now?
No be under bridge dem born dem.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Dislodges Squatters Beneath Iganmu Bridge by Dapson73(m): 10:24pm On May 14, 2021
odiomachi:

They should all return to there villages. Or Sanwo Olu invited them to Lagos ?

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Dislodges Squatters Beneath Iganmu Bridge by Sunday2021: 10:38pm On May 14, 2021
Good! Send them back to their potopoto region. Thank God this governor is learning from Fashola.
Re: Lagos State Government Dislodges Squatters Beneath Iganmu Bridge by Germi9: 10:52pm On May 14, 2021
Nigerians are too dirty

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Dislodges Squatters Beneath Iganmu Bridge by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 10:58pm On May 14, 2021
uptimum123:
Way to go... Lagos has always been blessed with smart leaders courtesy of our most cherished father in South West Bola Tinubu.

Come 2023 with Tinubu as President of the Federal Republic Of Nigeria, All Nigerians will start knowing what it feels like to have a great and visionary leader like Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

God bless Nigeria
God Bless Tinubu
God Bless Buhari
God Bless Osinbajo
God bless Sanwo-Olu

God bless Buhari? You must be one of these lowlife Nigerians we talked about. Tunibu your south West president.
Re: Lagos State Government Dislodges Squatters Beneath Iganmu Bridge by barcaboi(m): 11:00pm On May 14, 2021
Mcfi:
Those under bridges in Lagos need to be cleared. Come to think of it people leaving under those bridges, where they wan go now?
They don’t have states? Family houses?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government Dislodges Squatters Beneath Iganmu Bridge by Nobody: 11:39pm On May 14, 2021
uptimum123:
Way to go... Lagos has always been blessed with smart leaders courtesy of our most cherished father in South West Bola Tinubu.

Come 2023 with Tinubu as President of the Federal Republic Of Nigeria, All Nigerians will start knowing what it feels like to have a great and visionary leader like Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

God bless Nigeria
God Bless Tinubu
God Bless Buhari
God Bless Osinbajo
God bless Sanwo-Olu
May your household be rule the way Buhari is ruling Nigeria.Say Amen of you agree.If you don't agree don't respond.
Re: Lagos State Government Dislodges Squatters Beneath Iganmu Bridge by 9jaRealist: 1:10am On May 15, 2021
Re: Lagos State Government Dislodges Squatters Beneath Iganmu Bridge by 9jaRealist: 1:14am On May 15, 2021
Germi9:
Nigerians are too dirty

Aswear... embarassed
>

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Dislodges Squatters Beneath Iganmu Bridge by 9jaRealist: 1:24am On May 15, 2021
YoungLionken:
Government only knows how to destroy, disorient but not repairs, rehabilitation..

They chased hawkers and traders without appropriate relocation, same with bike riders..

Where are they supposed to stay now?..

It says everything about many Nigerians that you think those squatting under the bridge, destroying the environment and perpetrating crimes, as well as Okada men driving against traffic, driving dangerously and causing hundreds of unnecessary deaths and disability are deserving of support while the government trying restore order are the “destroyers” and “disorienters”. Nigerians are the WORST thing to happen to Nigeria!
>
Re: Lagos State Government Dislodges Squatters Beneath Iganmu Bridge by 9jaRealist: 1:32am On May 15, 2021
ibechris:
If I had stayed back in Lagos my birth place,i for don become a nuisance. Many will never know this until they change their environment.

Lagos has indeed made some people and at the same time destroyed many and rendered them useless.

If u know,u know.

Same can be said for NYC, London, Paris and many big cities...
Lagos and these cities strengthens one’s MENTAL MUSCLE, because they require hard work and creativity.
>

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Dislodges Squatters Beneath Iganmu Bridge by Perostick(m): 5:23am On May 15, 2021
Gbagura:
they will always say I can't leave in any other place than Lagos.Yet,they are suffering.
Re: Lagos State Government Dislodges Squatters Beneath Iganmu Bridge by shugabasbn: 6:43am On May 15, 2021
3 days notice? Haba. It's like something always dey for our leaders heads.
Tell me how do they want them to survive? they sud have redeploy them and provide them with accommodation.

Anyway, Lagos is not for all. I will rather stay in my village farming and rearing animals instead of me living in such a condition in Lagos
Re: Lagos State Government Dislodges Squatters Beneath Iganmu Bridge by murmee: 6:47am On May 15, 2021
odiomachi:
Why should Governments provide alternatives to every illegalities? I just don't understand how people reason!

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Dislodges Squatters Beneath Iganmu Bridge by uptimum123(m): 6:59am On May 15, 2021
NgwaManNaija4LF:

God bless Buhari? You must be one of these lowlife Nigerians we talked about. Tunibu your south West president.

Get a life boy

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Dislodges Squatters Beneath Iganmu Bridge by ashawopikin(m): 7:13am On May 15, 2021
Mcfi:
another under bridge
Re: Lagos State Government Dislodges Squatters Beneath Iganmu Bridge by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 7:59am On May 15, 2021
uptimum123:

Get a life boy

You without a Life shouldn't advise me, I've Life already not a zombie.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari / Presidency Intervenes In Dokubo-Asari’s Arrest / Delta Tribunal Sacks James Manager, Order Fresh Election In Delta South.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.