Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,167 members, 7,953,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:02 PM

Obasanjo Worth N180 Billion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Worth N180 Billion (2109 Views)

Wike, Mrs Jonathan Fingéred In N180 Billion UBEC Fraud / Ls Obasanjo Worth N180 Billion, As Claimed By Daboh? / 1998 Obasanjo Worths N20,000, Today He Worth N180 Billion ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Worth N180 Billion by Greycells(m): 8:41am On Jul 12, 2007
Obasanjo worth N180 billion, says Daboh
•He is now a student, he should concentrate on his studies and enjoy the billions he has acquired in the past 8 years. He should leave PDP and Nigeria alone

By ROSE EJEMBI, Makurdi
Thursday, July 12, 2007

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2007/july/12/national-12-07-2007-001.htm

Yar’Adua’s declaration of assets
When I told people in November last year that Yar’Adua is the president that this country deserves and is going to get, people thought it was a joke. Look at how the man has declared his assets openly. Everybody knows what Yar’Adua is. You can see a man who had been a governor for eight years worth less than one billion, himself and his wife. I know of some governors whose wives are worth more than N5 billion. For the first time in my life, I am proud to be a Nigerian.

This singular act of the president deserves commendation and emulation. And by this, all the governors, the vice president and every public officer must declare his assets and it must be done this month. When I knew the night before that the president was going to declare his assets, I sat down that day and took a full bottle of red wine even though I have not been drinking for a long time. I knew that something great was about to happen. Since our independence in 1960 this is the first time that we got a president, a realistic leader.

For example, my own intelligence sources have told me that Obasanjo is worth over N180 billion assets, in shares and other things. How much did he have when he was going to stand election? When Babangida went to meet him then, he said he had N20,000 in his account in 1998. Today Obasanjo is worth more than N180 billion in terms of assets, fixed and immovable assets, almost N200 billion.
Re: Obasanjo Worth N180 Billion by Mamajama(m): 3:11pm On Jul 19, 2007
just because he declared his asset does not mean he won't loot when he gets comfortable. although this is a good move
Re: Obasanjo Worth N180 Billion by danalyst(m): 6:49pm On Jul 20, 2007
i quite agree with mamajana that because the man declared his assets does not mean he won't loot our treasury. we should ask: where did he get the assets declared? he was a lecturer that earn little or nothing. he was a gov for 8yrs. how did he come about the assets declared?. thats when we will be able to say whether he is trustworthy or not

(1) (Reply)

Forgive Me If I Sound Angry And Disillusioned! / The Evil That Men Do : / Secret Plot Uncovered: Hausa/fulani Plot Take Over Of Banks From Yoruba/igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.