Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,043 members, 7,814,560 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. (9042 Views)

Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now / Obasanjo: If Nigeria Breaks Up, Minority Groups Will Be Exterminated / Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by limeta(f): 1:07pm On May 15, 2021
As a so called ss person i hope we can make a good deal with biafra and if not we could go back to midwest region or even edo kingdom as for igbo speaking people they can always stay or leave and join biafra in biafra land .
But most hopefully we work out some thing like England and Scotland we same people.

Any body trying at all to link us with oduduwa is a trouble maker

6 Likes

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by EdoDefence: 1:09pm On May 15, 2021
Idiko1:

I did not even insinuate Edo is an entity of Igbo. However Igbo land extends into Edo State. The land of Igboakiri people (Igbanke) is Igbo land though found in Edo State.

Continuing this bro will lead us to an unending argument for Igbanke and a lot of other tribes in Delta, Bayelsa and cross river all trace their ancestry to Benin and claim to be Benins as well
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by helinues: 1:29pm On May 15, 2021
Idiko1:

Please submit yourself to the torture of the critical thinking. What southeast and south-south are you still talking about when the shithole called Nigeria has disintegrated? If at all Igbo shall relocate, should other ethic nationalities in the so-called south-south also relocate and to where? In Igbo lands from Benue, Kogi and Edo to Rivers and Bayelsa are contiguous entity.

We have been reading Nigeria has/will disintegrate it don tey oo..

What's the difference this time around?
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by Idiko1: 1:33pm On May 15, 2021
EdoDefence:

Continuing this bro will lead us to an unending argument for Igbanke and a lot of other tribes in Delta, Bayelsa and cross river all trace their ancestry to Benin and claim to be Benins as well

I do not give ratass about who claims ancestral lineage to Bini. All I care about is Igbo land which is not negotiable. Anybody from Igbo land who claimed ancestry from Bini shall be evacuated to Bini in a jiffy.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by helinues: 1:37pm On May 15, 2021
Norwichsailor:

Yes there is and even if they join igbos in biafra there is no way it'll affect any other ss ethnic group even the slightest bit, go and re learn geography of the two regions and stop typing what you don't know

I am talking about the boundaries between SE and SS..
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 15, 2021
Akwamkpuruamu:

As in eeh, I no nọ how dem wan take do. Maybe they would join Oduduwa

The oba of Benin would decide that, also the olu of warri.
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by gidgiddy: 1:38pm On May 15, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Actually there is a land border between Akwa-Ibom and Rivers state bordering Ogoni and Ijoids on the one side, and Akwa-Ibom on the other side.

Of course they will have to go through the Igbo areas Ohambele area of Abia and Opobo of Rivers

That land border has so many water ways and creeks, you cant even go through that area except on foot or by boat. Someone from Oron who wants to visit someone in Benin city without going through the Igbo territory would have to travel by foot, use boat to manoeuvre through waterways and creeks, pass through thick forests before they can get to Benin city. Its not a journey anyone will want to make twice

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by Norwichsailor(m): 1:43pm On May 15, 2021
helinues:

I am talking about the boundaries between SE and SS..
It still doesn't affect anything
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by ivandragon: 1:59pm On May 15, 2021
SenatePresdo:

What about Republic of Niger-Delta Map?

Is there one at this time?
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by ivandragon: 2:04pm On May 15, 2021
Most Biafran agitators sound like land grabbers & bullies.

You all talk about your right to your own country but you don't want to hear dissenting opinions of those in other lands who do not wish to be part of your country.

A Biafra in the mold of NK would be one of oppression & dictatorship. Once you challenge NK, he will probably assassinate such a person.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by Bialegend(m): 2:09pm On May 15, 2021
kollinzgee:
Unless the country is restructured in less than 5 years i dont see Nigeria existing.
i dont see igbos grabbing niger delta tribes by force but they will definitely go for the south south igbos from delta down to Rivers wether it is with force or with peace i dont really know how.
igbos know southeast is small,and it makes no sense that that igbo speakers are ceded to the southsouth while southeast is not even as big as some states in the north.if southeast igbos lay claim to south south igbos no tribe in the Niger delta would interfere or wage war against igbos because it would be every man for himself and a family afair, when the time comes

Why are some of you so daft and dumb? When has small territory become a measure for a good economy? Even dumb fools like you believe that a country must have coastlines before having a good economy. The reason why we don't want to exist in the same country with you illiterates dumb assholes.

4 Likes

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by Joel3(m): 2:12pm On May 15, 2021
gidgiddy:

When Nigeria breaks up, you will find out that the so called SS/ SE will no longer exist, they actually dont exist as the constitution does not recognize them. The only thing that will matter are the ethnic nationalities.

Most people will choose to be in the same country with those they speak the same language with, rather than those they dont know what they are saying. All the Igbo speaking people in Nigeria, Anioma, Ikwerre, Delta Igbo, Rivers Igbo and the Igbos of the lower Benue, will all go as one country

As for the Ijaws, Ogonis, Binis, Uhrobos, Ibibios, Efiks etc, they are in a hell of a mess because the only thing that actually brings them together are Igbos, only Igbos and Igbo speaking people have land border with all of them. It is virtually impossible for these tribes to to come together and form any country on their own. It will be interesting to see what happens

they can form united kingdom. Every one will be on thier own. But use same currency and different standing military in alliance.
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by OfoIgbo: 2:25pm On May 15, 2021
ivandragon:

You all talk about your right to your own country but you don't want to hear dissenting opinions of those in other lands who do not wish to be part of your country.

A Biafra in the mold of NK would be one of oppression & dictatorship. Once you challenge NK, he will probably assassinate such a person.

Personally I don't mind an Igbo-only Biafra, but I know NK talks about a referendum before the eventual BIafran map is decided, which means other ethnic group must have the right to decide whether they want to be in Biafra or not. It can't be any fairer than that

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by EdoDefence: 2:37pm On May 15, 2021
Idiko1:

I do not give ratass about who claims ancestral lineage to Bini. All I care about is Igbo land which is not negotiable. Anybody from Igbo land who claimed ancestry from Bini shall be evacuated to Bini in a jiffy.

And neither do I give a fvck about where Ibo land reaches, as far as Ẹdo is concerned those tribes are Benins and if you want to contest it go offline and act like a man not behind keyboards

5 Likes

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by EdoDefence: 2:40pm On May 15, 2021
Joel3:
they can form united kingdom. Every one will be on thier own. But use same currency and different standing military in alliance.

Best comment

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by IGBOSON1: 2:50pm On May 15, 2021
Elliot2:
Brother, na me go be the first person to join una for Biafra, I go come with all my family land wey get oil.

Hehehehehe grin grin grin
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 15, 2021
IGBOSON1:

Blood is thicker than water! When Nigeria disintegrates (once Igbos leave, that’s when you’ll know the rest two-faced hypocrites don’t love Nigeria), Ndigbo in the south-east wouldn’t even need to ‘force’ Igbos in the present south-south to join....they’ll do it of their own volition! Don’t even be surprised if non-Igbos want to join us too, by way of a federation!

Where you dey buy your weed?

I read a New York Times story from their 1961 archives with the headline that stated that the people of South Cameroon voted to leave Nigeria because they do not want to be in the same country as Igbos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 15, 2021
Fear Of Igbo Aggression Grips Niger Delta Tribes

Their is palpable fear of Igbo aggression as the many tribes of the Niger Delta contemplate their future should in case Nigeria dissolves. Itsekiris, Uhrobos, Ijaws look and see an IPOB approved map that includes of all places, Warri. How? The Biafrans have a theory to about every land in the Niger Delta. Only Edo State is sometimes but not completely spared.

Where did this insane appetite come from?

The case of Anioma and Ikwere is on a completely different level of insanity. Take Anioma. They have never been part of the Esatern anything. They started out as part of the Western region, became part of the Mid-West Region at the only opportunity to decide for themselves in a referendum, they chose by 93% (the highest margin of any division) to be Mid-West. Anioma did not say in 1963 that they were Igbos and wanted to join Eastern Region. In any case it had become obvious that the East and the North unlike the West were not going to allow their minorities to have new regions. The simple truth is Anioma is not Igbo. Anioma is not Benin. Anioma is Anioma, a unique people on their own with a distinct identity and many share heritage from their neighbors in all directions. All these are irrelevant to the Biafrans. Without consultations and despite of protestation Anioma has been conscripted into Biafra. Ojukwu captured the Mid-West and declared Anioma part of the 1 day Republic of Benin, not Biafra.

The case of Ikwere is much the same. There is substantial evidence that there are enough Ikweres that are not just dead set against Biafra but being referred to as Igbos that any such annexation at best is fraught with perpetual crisis. This has never been of consideration to the Biafrans.

Meanwhile different strategies are being put in place by the various nationalities to define their own destiny. One group, The Mid-West movement is seeking a Bendel Republic for the people of the old Mid-West Region which already has conducted a referendum for its creation and plan on conducting another to exit Nigeria. In a video conference meeting of May 5, 2021 the group pledged to fund arm purchase for local militias across what will be Bendel Republic in readiness to repel a for certain Biafran aggression.

Another group on the east of the delta have revive the idea of COR Republic consisting of the people of old Calabar, Ogaja and Rivers Provinces. What has kicked activities in high gear is the denigrating manner in which the IPOB leader Nnamdi Kanu speaks of the Niger Delta. If you listen to the tone and content of Kanu's broadcasts Biafra becomes a very scary place for any southern minority. One can see why even some Igbo would not want to live in such a country. Kanu's declarations are absolute. Any deviation from some obvious absurdities of his and you're a slowpoke. Nnamdi Kanu is a man of great courage and a hero to any who seek freedom. But Kanu is a scary character to his Niger Delta neighbors and so are Igbos lately. The fear is that Igbo inordinate ambitions borne out of pure emotions will lead to wars in the Niger Delta post Nigeria,

Let everyone choose their destination, FREELY.

2 Likes

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by Armaggedon: 3:18pm On May 15, 2021
Idiko1:

Did you give a good thought process when you vomited the above crap? How could Igbo grab Igbo whether in south-east or the so-called south-south? Igbo is Igbo everywhere in world since Igbo did not and will never loose any territory to any ethnic nationality in Nigeria or elsewhere.
pls tell them. Fools keep writing nonsense and dividing our people out of insecurity. Isn't it just enough to say that Igbo speaking people will form a country instead of saying 'south south Igbos'?

2 Likes

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by maiquel: 3:22pm On May 15, 2021
gidgiddy:

When Nigeria breaks up, you will find out that the so called SS/ SE will no longer exist, they actually dont exist as the constitution does not recognize them. The only thing that will matter are the ethnic nationalities.
The way some people use fine words to speak about what they don't know on nairaland , makes me wonder.
The constitution does not recognise south-south and South-east? WAWU!

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by SenatePresdo(m): 3:25pm On May 15, 2021
ivandragon:

Is there one at this time?
Yes.

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by BKayy: 4:03pm On May 15, 2021
EdoDefence:

Since when?
Please don't go there. we are discussing post Nigeria so I don't think masturbating on defense mechanism to evade the stigma on Ndigbo in Nigeria will be of any use

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by ivandragon: 4:39pm On May 15, 2021
SenatePresdo:

Yes.

I think this is just a regional extract from the existing Nigeria map.

It's not a state/country map per se in the mold of Biafra & Oduduwa republics
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by ivandragon: 4:45pm On May 15, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Personally I don't mind an Igbo-only Biafra, but I know NK talks about a referendum before the eventual BIafran map is decided, which means other ethnic group must have the right to decide whether they want to be in Biafra or not. It can't be any fairer than that

I know NK talks of referendum, but the referendum he talks about is that of the East pulling out if Nigeria.

If he was going to do one to determine which ethnic groups want to join Biafra, then he won't already have a map that clearly includes non-igbo areas.

Also, the harsh rhetoric & violence pushed by NK puts Igbos in other parts of the country at risk. A leader looks out for his people & puts them in danger.

2 Likes

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by IGBOSON1: 5:59pm On May 15, 2021
jerseyboy:

Where you dey buy your weed?

I read a New York Times story from their 1961 archives with the headline that stated that the people of South Cameroon voted to leave Nigeria because they do not want to be in the same country as Igbos.

Leaving asides the fact i was referring to kinsfolk....hence the ‘blood thicker than water’ analogy, could you provide the link to said report, just so we’re clear it’s not another one of your drug-induced hallucinations!?

Besides, even if it were to be true, the Midwest voted to leave the Western Region at a point....Biafrans/Igbos want to leave your ‘one Nigeria’ today, so what’s your point!?

Anyway, given what they’re going through at the moment at the hands of the francophone and oppressive Cameroonians led by Paul Biya, i suspect if you were to ask them the same question today you’d get a different answer! Aren’t the Ambazonians and IPOB cooperating today!?

4 Likes

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 15, 2021
we'll kick their ass out of Nigeria and suffocate them with huge tax for crossing Nigerian water ways and lands. The regret will be enormous!

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by OfoIgbo: 6:34pm On May 15, 2021
ivandragon:

I know NK talks of referendum, but the referendum he talks about is that of the East pulling out if Nigeria.

If he was going to do one to determine which ethnic groups want to join Biafra, then he won't already have a map that clearly includes non-igbo areas.

Also, the harsh rhetoric & violence pushed by NK puts Igbos in other parts of the country at risk. A leader looks out for his people & puts them in danger.

The referendum he talks about has always been about those who want to pull out of Nigeria as Biafra. He has said severally that this referendum will be for the various ethnic nationalities that co-own the name, Biafra. He has always said that.

Now with regards to your other point of his harsh rhetorics as you put it, I cannot fault this point however, you also have to know that Kanu is an antidote to Buhari and Fulani madness.
It is because of Kanu's rhetorics that the Fulani terrorists in power are now considering restructuring. Remember that these people have already discarded the 2014 conference resolutions.
Buhari and his gang were super prepared for southern Nigerian gentlemen like GEJ and other super peaceful people. Didn't you see how they pushed out GEJ as though he had no right to aspire for presidency in Nigeria?

Believe it or not, but Kanu is indirectly the reason why you have Igboho and the current Yoruba agitation for self-determination.
Kanu is the reason MACBAN has been psychologically battled to a standstill in their plan of taking over large expanses of land from indigenous populations in the middlebelt and the south
Kanu is the reason, southern governors developed the balls to make statement that undermines certain Fulani positions.
Kanu's rhetorics and rabble-rousing is the reason the UK is even considering granting asylum status to persecuted IPOB members.
Kanu is the reason thousands of eastern youths are now psychologically prepared to go through another war. You have to realise that the Fulani hegemony were banking on the docility of easterners to carry on with their raping of this country and her indigenous citizens. Buhari's gang were hoping that with the military defeat of Biafra in 1970, the effects will incapacitate easterners into demanding for their rights, but Kanu's rabble-rousing has changed all that.

Kanu has many flaws like any other human being, but we all have to accept that God put Kanu into this world and in Igboland for a moment like this. He is only fulfilling his destiny.

Just like you,I have never regarded Kanu as my leader because I feel his destiny is to inspire and to psychologically fortify easterners for the struggles ahead. But he also wants to be seen as the leader, which is what I am against because it will hurt the struggle.
No self-respecting world leader will like to be discussing or negotiating with someone that calls a country a ZOO, or that goes against everyone else in insisting that there is a changeling in the presidency and that Buhari is dead. People with such conspiracy theory personalities are not even allowed near any elective office in Europe or the U.S. They are seen as loonies (lunatics). Now it could be true that one Jibril is impersonating Buhari, but if the world is pretending as though that is not the case, then pretend along with them, after all your main duty is to help bring about Biafra, and not to prove that Buhari is dead.

But people like Tony Nnadi have what it takes to negotiate and discuss with world leaders. He is also a seasoned lawyer so he will marshal out his point in a way that is compatible with the world best practices. But he doesn't have Kanu's skills at reaching the grassroots.
If only the both of them will work together, the brilliance of this struggle will intensify to a magnitude never ever experienced in the world, I kid you not

It was even Nnadi's LNC that broached the idea of a referendum in the Lower Niger which IPOB has now adopted.

Let's wait and see how things pan out though

6 Likes

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by gidgiddy: 7:13pm On May 15, 2021
EdoDefence:

Its one thing to trace your ancestry to Benin, it is another totally different thing to want be with Benin if Nigeria breaks up

Many Igbos believe they Israeli ancestry, but you will never find any Igbo who wants to be part of the state of Israel

If a referendum is held today, Igbanke is likely to choose to be in the same country with those they speak the same language with

2 Likes

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by Unik3030: 8:06pm On May 15, 2021
IGBOSON1:

Blood is thicker than water! When Nigeria disintegrates (once Igbos leave, that’s when you’ll know the rest two-faced hypocrites don’t love Nigeria), Ndigbo in the south-east wouldn’t even need to ‘force’ Igbos in the present south-south to join....they’ll do it of their own volition! Don’t even be surprised if non-Igbos want to join us too, by way of a federation!
u think too high of yourself n u are nothing, even d SS which happens to b your ally is rejecting u due to overbloated ego
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by DMerciful(m): 8:43pm On May 15, 2021
The Igbos have said they are willing to go alone except groups who're willing to join them but out of mischievousness, you'll choose to listen to nobodys saying they would carry SS Igbos by force. I'm from Delta and I'm Igbo....I would prefer we go with Biafra instead of remaining in Nigeria and nobody is forcing me to
ivandragon:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by DMerciful(m): 8:50pm On May 15, 2021
If Igbos leave, Yorubas would leave and many others. You're living in fool's paradise to think Nigeria will remain if Igbos leave
Coronabirus:
we'll kick their ass out of Nigeria and suffocate them with huge tax for crossing Nigerian water ways and lands. The regret will be enormous!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by gidgiddy: 8:51pm On May 15, 2021
maiquel:

The way some people use fine words to speak about what they don't know on nairaland , makes me wonder.
The constitution does not recognise south-south and South-east? WAWU!

The constitution of Nigeria does recognise anything called South South or South East. South South and South East were just economic zones General Abacha created for economic planning. In reality, they dont mean anything

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ngwa People Will Never Support IPOB / Eboigbe, Supporters Dump PDP For APC In Delta / 130 APC Members Defect To PDP In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.