Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,725 members, 7,827,634 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. (9104 Views)

Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now / Obasanjo: If Nigeria Breaks Up, Minority Groups Will Be Exterminated / Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by bjdon: 8:54pm On May 15, 2021
I find it so funny that people think Edo will somehow be in trouble if Nigeria should split up. Did the Edo's not exsit long before Nigeria? We have everything required to be a small succesful nation, a friend to all, an enemy to none, with our Oba at the center of our culture. We will be fine

6 Likes

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by SenatePresdo(m): 8:55pm On May 15, 2021
ivandragon:

I think this is just a regional extract from the existing Nigeria map.

It's not a state/country map per se in the mold of Biafra & Oduduwa republics
Google it up then.
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by maiquel: 9:03pm On May 15, 2021
gidgiddy:

The constitution of Nigeria does recognise anything called South South or South East. South South and South East were just economic zones General Abacha created for economic planning. In reality, they dont mean anything

Okay can you now show us the exact provision where the other geopolitical zones were mentioned or listed to the exclusion of South South and South East?
I like your confidence.

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by gidgiddy: 9:51pm On May 15, 2021
maiquel:

Okay can you now show us the exact provision where the other geopolitical zones were mentioned or listed to the exclusion of South South and South East?
I like your confidence.

You dont get it. The constitution does not reconise any geopolitical zone, Region or anything like that

What the constitution recognises is 36 states, 774 LGA's and Abuja capital territory

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by ivandragon: 10:16pm On May 15, 2021
SenatePresdo:
Google it up then.

If I had seen it, I won't be asking you would I?

If you look at the Biafran & Oduduwa maps, you can see the states that would be created, but you are showing me a map of the Nigerian Niger Delta region & not states that would be created out of the Niger Delta republic...
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by ivandragon: 10:19pm On May 15, 2021
DMerciful:
The Igbos have said they are willing to go alone except groups who're willing to join them but out of mischievousness, you'll choose to listen to nobodys saying they would carry SS Igbos by force. I'm from Delta and I'm Igbo....I would prefer we go with Biafra instead of remaining in Nigeria and nobody is forcing me to

How many Igbos have said so?

By your submission I should listen to only the loudmouthed coward who enjoys the good life abroad & pushes gullible followers to their deaths?

As much as people are entitled to self determination, those who chose to lead such self determination should have the cojones to stay & fight.

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by DMerciful(m): 10:32pm On May 15, 2021
Staying to fight is foolhardy and you know it. How did Abiola die? He was convinced to return home and fight, where is he today? In the world of today, you can lead from anywhere due to the internet. I'm not a fan of NK because I think he lacks negotiation skills however he has repeatedly talked about ethnic nationalities be given referendum to choose. The Nigeria we are in today, we were never consulted to be in Nigeria, it was the royal Niger company that bought the area Nigeria and sold to the British without discussing with our forefathers. Zik, Awolowo, Amadu Bello only negotiated indepence but not why they were co-opted into Nigeria in the first place because it happened before their time
ivandragon:

How many Igbos have said so?

By your submission I should listen to only the loudmouthed coward who enjoys the good life abroad & pushes gullible followers to their deaths?

As much as people are entitled to self determination, those who chose to lead such self determination should have the cojones to stay & fight.
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by EdoDefence: 11:01pm On May 15, 2021
BKayy:

Since when?
Please don't go there. we are discussing post Nigeria so I don't think masturbating on defense mechanism to evade the stigma on Ndigbo in Nigeria will be of any use

you sure do like masturbating, continue
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by ivandragon: 11:18pm On May 15, 2021
DMerciful:
Staying to fight is foolhardy and you know it. How did Abiola die? He was convinced to return home and fight, where is he today? In the world of today, you can lead from anywhere due to the internet. I'm not a fan of NK because I think he lacks negotiation skills however he has repeatedly talked about ethnic nationalities be given referendum to choose. The Nigeria we are in today, we were never consulted to be in Nigeria, it was the royal Niger company that bought the area Nigeria and sold to the British without discussing with our forefathers. Zik, Awolowo, Amadu Bello only negotiated indepence but not why they were co-opted into Nigeria in the first place because it happened before their time

No one in the south is disputing the fact that the contraption we have today called Nigeria has serious issues.

But like you pointed out, NK's negotiation skills are less than ideal given the socio-demographic circumstances of the Igbos.

He is pushing for a war that he cannot win but he seems ready to sacrifice millions of lives to achieve his objectives.

The division of Nigeria can be achieved without bloodshed, it will take time, but it will come. However NK wants to ensure it comes early enough so he can 'rule' Biafra for a long time...
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by DMerciful(m): 11:22pm On May 15, 2021
Any new country created whether Biafra,Lower Niger Republic, Oduduwa...there has to be agreement and contracts signed by ethnic nationalities on how to live together with the clause on how to exit if the contracts are broken documented with the UN. This is not prehistoric times when things were done half hazardly0
ivandragon:

No one in the south is disputing the fact that the contraption we have today called Nigeria has serious issues.

But like you pointed out, NK's negotiation skills are less than ideal given the socio-demographic circumstances of the Igbos.

He is pushing for a war that he cannot win but he seems ready to sacrifice millions of lives to achieve his objectives.

The division of Nigeria can be achieved without bloodshed, it will take time, but it will come. However NK wants to ensure it comes early enough so he can 'rule' Biafra for a long time...
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by EdoDefence: 11:30pm On May 15, 2021
gidgiddy:

Its one thing to trace your ancestry to Benin, it is another totally different thing to want be with Benin if Nigeria breaks up

Many Igbos believe they Israeli ancestry, but you will never find any Igbo who wants to be part of the state of Israel

If a referendum is held today, Igbanke is likely to choose to be in the same country with those they speak the same language with

That's according to you, but according to me, all Benin decendants will want to be part of Benin Kingdom

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by orion7: 6:05am On May 16, 2021
Norwichsailor:

Give me theoretical explanation as to why you're thinking the niger delta is not possible without the igbos? Realistically the igbos are surrounded by enemies and pissing off the SS which is your only ally is not a sound strategy, I'm beginning to believe you're not even igbo sef.
is ss really a thing? Hmm

Focus on your ethnic group o

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by Jagunlabiodua: 6:23am On May 16, 2021
Oduduwa owns Benin and Delta and will make sure they are brought into the up coming Oduduwa republic. This is Western Nigeria, Yoruba territory. The Eastern region doesn’t include Edo and Delta.
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by kollinzgee(m): 10:10am On May 16, 2021
Jagunlabiodua:
Oduduwa owns Benin and Delta and will make sure they are brought into the up coming Oduduwa republic. This is Western Nigeria, Yoruba territory. The Eastern region doesn’t include Edo and Delta.
You can have itsekiri and the rest but dont near anioma and igbanke.

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by Nobody: 10:19am On May 16, 2021
kollinzgee:

You can have itsekiri and the rest but dont near anioma and igbanke.

Even the Anioma people have separated themselves from the Igbos by calling themselves Delta Igbos. SMH.

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by kollinzgee(m): 11:16am On May 16, 2021
kmcutez:

Even the Anioma people have separated themselves from the Igbos by calling themselves Delta Igbos. SMH.
Fulani cow

3 Likes

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by survivor10(m): 11:20am On May 16, 2021
kmcutez:

Unity beggar

3 Likes

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by bjdon: 12:02pm On May 16, 2021
Jagunlabiodua:
Oduduwa owns Benin eh? No wahala come and claim it. We are waiting for you.

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by allcomage: 2:06pm On May 16, 2021
jerseyboy:
Fear Of Igbo Aggression Grips Niger Delta Tribes

Their is palpable fear of Igbo aggression as the many tribes of the Niger Delta contemplate their future should in case Nigeria dissolves. Itsekiris, Uhrobos, Ijaws look and see an IPOB approved map that includes of all places, Warri. How? The Biafrans have a theory to about every land in the Niger Delta. Only Edo State is sometimes but not completely spared.

Where did this insane appetite come from?

The case of Anioma and Ikwere is on a completely different level of insanity. Take Anioma. They have never been part of the Esatern anything. They started out as part of the Western region, became part of the Mid-West Region at the only opportunity to decide for themselves in a referendum, they chose by 93% (the highest margin of any division) to be Mid-West. Anioma did not say in 1963 that they were Igbos and wanted to join Eastern Region. In any case it had become obvious that the East and the North unlike the West were not going to allow their minorities to have new regions. The simple truth is Anioma is not Igbo. Anioma is not Benin. Anioma is Anioma, a unique people on their own with a distinct identity and many share heritage from their neighbors in all directions. All these are irrelevant to the Biafrans. Without consultations and despite of protestation Anioma has been conscripted into Biafra. Ojukwu captured the Mid-West and declared Anioma part of the 1 day Republic of Benin, not Biafra.

The case of Ikwere is much the same. There is substantial evidence that there are enough Ikweres that are not just dead set against Biafra but being referred to as Igbos that any such annexation at best is fraught with perpetual crisis. This has never been of consideration to the Biafrans.

Meanwhile different strategies are being put in place by the various nationalities to define their own destiny. One group, The Mid-West movement is seeking a Bendel Republic for the people of the old Mid-West Region which already has conducted a referendum for its creation and plan on conducting another to exit Nigeria. In a video conference meeting of May 5, 2021 the group pledged to fund arm purchase for local militias across what will be Bendel Republic in readiness to repel a for certain Biafran aggression.

Another group on the east of the delta have revive the idea of COR Republic consisting of the people of old Calabar, Ogaja and Rivers Provinces. What has kicked activities in high gear is the denigrating manner in which the IPOB leader Nnamdi Kanu speaks of the Niger Delta. If you listen to the tone and content of Kanu's broadcasts Biafra becomes a very scary place for any southern minority. One can see why even some Igbo would not want to live in such a country. Kanu's declarations are absolute. Any deviation from some obvious absurdities of his and you're a slowpoke. Nnamdi Kanu is a man of great courage and a hero to any who seek freedom. But Kanu is a scary character to his Niger Delta neighbors and so are Igbos lately. The fear is that Igbo inordinate ambitions borne out of pure emotions will lead to wars in the Niger Delta post Nigeria,

Let everyone choose their destination, FREELY.
If you study Igbo nation very well, you will observe that Igbo society doesn't allow dictatorship of any kind because they are republicans. MNK is being torolated because he is best suited for the Biafra restoration but thereafter, people will decide. MNK knows the people he's leading and that's why he had said severally that once Biafra is restored, he retire to his village.

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by Owologbo(m): 2:18pm On May 16, 2021
ivandragon:
The one I find most interesting is that of the Edos...

When Biafra map is done, Edo is not included.

When Oduduwa map is done, no Edo.

Middle belt Map, no Edo...

So if Nigeria breaks up, will Edo become its own country?

In the event of a break up, I forsee Edo State becoming a Switzerland or Luxemburg... Neutral & prosperous...
is Edo state not in South South?
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by allcomage: 2:19pm On May 16, 2021
Unik3030:
u think too high of yourself n u are nothing, even d SS which happens to b your ally is rejecting u due to overbloated ego
If you take a census of the population of the ethnic nationalities in the so called ss,the population of Igbo is the largest followed by ijaw and efik/ibibio. However, Igbo recognise and respect Eastern tribes because they had been neighbors for ages without wars of conquests before the British came.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by Owologbo(m): 2:20pm On May 16, 2021
gidgiddy:

When Nigeria breaks up, you will find out that the so called SS/ SE will no longer exist, they actually dont exist as the constitution does not recognize them. The only thing that will matter are the ethnic nationalities.

Most people will choose to be in the same country with those they speak the same language with, rather than those they dont know what they are saying. All the Igbo speaking people in Nigeria, Anioma, Ikwerre, Delta Igbo, Rivers Igbo and the Igbos of the lower Benue, will all go as one country

As for the Ijaws, Ogonis, Binis, Uhrobos, Ibibios, Efiks etc, they are in a hell of a mess because the only thing that actually brings them together are Igbos, only Igbos and Igbo speaking people have land border with all of them. It is virtually impossible for these tribes to to come together and form any country on their own. It will be interesting to see what happens

These are just your imagination.
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by Owologbo(m): 2:26pm On May 16, 2021
helinues:

Easy bro, read my comments again.

I said before they get to where the indigenous Igbos are, they must have overtaken some SS land which doesn't make sense
Can you give the part they will over take?
Delta State for example, Delta Igbos are close to Anambra (there's no other tribe in-between Delta Igbos and Anabra state).
So if the Igbos in Delta agree to go with Biafra, which other part/tribe do they need to over run?
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by allcomage: 2:27pm On May 16, 2021
bjdon:
I find it so funny that people think Edo will somehow be in trouble if Nigeria should split up. Did the Edo's not exsit long before Nigeria? We have everything required to be a small succesful nation, a friend to all, an enemy to none, with our Oba at the center of our culture. We will be fine
Edo State as it is today will not be a country of its own without crisis as some people are projecting. Eshan people don't believe in obaship because the oba is a Yoruba, he's being resented by other tribes in edo and preserved by the Nigeria system.
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by AfonjaConehead: 2:30pm On May 16, 2021
helinues:

Na 3 options dey

1. The Igbo people in South South should relocate to any of the SE states cos they are merely a tenant

2. Carry the land the Igbo are indigenous to in SS and move it to SE region

3. Repeat 1967 history to claim the land.

Afonja...

2 Likes

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by Owologbo(m): 2:34pm On May 16, 2021
Norwichsailor:

Its impossible for ijaw,ibibio,bini etc to form a country but Nigeria with over 200 ethnic groups is a country.
Some of u igbo chaps feel the world revolves around you meanwhile it doesn't.
In niger delta almost everyone has sea access,oil, good land and infrastructure, ibibio/efik or ijaw which would be the largest groups can't still overwhelmingly dominate without support from several other groups unlike what u have here in Nigeria.
Worry about ur biafra and let us worry about niger delta, know this and know peace.
Besides u claim its only igbo land that connects us and thats crap, from the ogoja territory down to to ibibio land u can navigate without going through the se, now from ikot abasi the ibibios connect to the ijaw in obolo lga of rivers, as usual the ijaws own the coast from there through bayelsa down to ondo where they now border the bini,urhobo and esan by land. I've just gone from the two farthest points in the niger delta without going through even the igboid tribes in the ss so brother don't feel too much about urself
don't mind them. They have this attitude of I know it all.
The Igbo tribes in Delta State are close to Anambra with no other tribe in-between.
I some how prefer them to the other major tribes in Nigeria, but dislike them with their guts/attitude towards the Niger Delta.
They come online always talking down on the Niger Delta because to them, it's by force to join Biafra.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Woman Go Complete Nude Destroying Things Inside Capitec Bank In South Africa. / Photos: Ambode Receives Korean Ambassador / Senate Seeks Identification Of 19.5m Cows, 72.5m Goats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.