Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,357 members, 7,836,462 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. (9160 Views)

Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now / Obasanjo: If Nigeria Breaks Up, Minority Groups Will Be Exterminated / Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by Arda1000(m): 6:22am On May 28, 2021
gidgiddy:

When Nigeria breaks up, you will find out that the so called SS/ SE will no longer exist, they actually dont exist as the constitution does not recognize them. The only thing that will matter are the ethnic nationalities.

Most people will choose to be in the same country with those they speak the same language with, rather than those they dont know what they are saying. All the Igbo speaking people in Nigeria, Anioma, Ikwerre, Delta Igbo, Rivers Igbo and the Igbos of the lower Benue, will all go as one country

As for the Ijaws, Ogonis, Binis, Uhrobos, Ibibios, Efiks etc, they are in a hell of a mess because the only thing that actually brings them together are Igbos, only Igbos and Igbo speaking people have land border with all of them. It is virtually impossible for these tribes to to come together and form any country on their own. It will be interesting to see what happens

and that is why a laugh when I hear Niger Delta, imagine someone from Ogoja and someone from Warri being in the same Country which is virtually accessible to each other
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by gidgiddy: 6:43am On May 28, 2021
Arda1000:
and that is why a laugh when I hear Niger Delta, imagine someone from Ogoja and someone from Warri being in the same Country which is virtually accessible to each other

Thats true. If all Igbo speaking people in Nigeria including Ikwerre, should go as a new independent country, someone from Ogoja, Eket, Oron and many others, will not be able to visit someone in Warri or Benin city

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by Gambit23: 6:49am On May 28, 2021
Owologbo:

I don't have business or affiliation with any afoja.
Anybody that refused to subscribe to your Biafra automatically becomes an afonja.

U are an afonja
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by Gambit23: 6:49am On May 28, 2021
Owologbo:

where are you from too?

Answer my question, then ask yours
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by ggood: 7:06am On May 28, 2021
Gambit23:

grin

Pls bring any shred of proof that they are not indigenous..

I'm waiting.
Akwa Ibom belongs to Ibibio eket, oron, annang not Igbo, have you ever seen Igbo in Akwa Ibom government house or politicians or even a councilor
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by Gambit23: 8:07am On May 28, 2021
ggood:
Akwa Ibom belongs to Ibibio eket, oron, annang not Igbo, have you ever seen Igbo in Akwa Ibom government house or politicians or even a councilor

That u have never seen any IGBO politician in Akwaibom does not in anyway mean the indigenous IGBOs in Akwaibom does not exist, If that is ur proof, then u are not thinking well grin grin.

So because I have never seen an Igala political office holder in Anambra now translates to there are no Igala people in Anambra.

U people should start using ur head bro, States in Nigeria are artificially created lines, States does not in any way represent the ethnic n tribal lines in Nigeria.

There are indigenous IGBOs in delta, Rivers, cross river, Akwaibom, Bayelsa, Edo, Benue and Kogi......Whatever u say against this fact means nothing and changes nothing
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by Oracleforce: 8:14am On May 28, 2021
ivandragon:
The one I find most interesting is that of the Edos...

When Biafra map is done, Edo is not included.

When Oduduwa map is done, no Edo.

Middle belt Map, no Edo...

So if Nigeria breaks up, will Edo become its own country?

In the event of a break up, I forsee Edo State becoming a Switzerland or Luxemburg... Neutral & prosperous...

Edo state will join Niger-delta or the Oodua Republic...they don't have what it takes to be alone....oshimole and Obaseki has finished the State
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by PrudencyFeats: 8:20am On May 28, 2021
EdoDefence:
they don't have the right to grab any SS tribe by force, this is not 18BC. Ibos in SS will go along with their SE brothers

I don't believe in ss or se. If you are igbo you are Igbo, if you are ijaw you are ijaw. Just as yourubas in kaba (Kogi)

Before you are Nigerian, you have and know where you are from.
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by Nobody: 9:06am On May 28, 2021
Gambit23:

But u forgot Ethopia-Eritrea....Sudan-South Sudan, Namibia-White south africans (Dutch and British)

As for Catalonia, their fight for independence is recent and it will still happen without war.

Be wise n stop.begging for unity
Do u know what is happening in Tigray now and the UN, EU, US, AUN and all other organisations kept mute? There is serious genocide of secessionists there, those with brain don't take arms but use collective, united front forces and devoid of blackmails because the world know us more than ourselves.
All those u mentioned reach internal agreement with the support of UN not through foreign interference of their sovereignty!
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by bjdon: 9:32am On May 28, 2021
Oracleforce:

Edo state will join Niger-delta or the Oodua Republic...they don't have what it takes to be alone....oshimole and Obaseki has finished the State

Is that so? It's always funny to see people come on the internet and type out absolute crap. Here are the top 10 richest states in Nigeria:
Table of Contents
1. Lagos State ($33.68 Billion)
2. Rivers State ($21.17 Billion)
3. Delta state ($ 16.75 billion)
4. Oyo state ($16.12 billion)
5. Imo State ($14.21 billion)
6. Kano state ($12.39 billion)
7. Edo state ($11.89 billion)
8. Akwa Ibom region ($11 billion)
9. Ogun state ($11 billion)
10. Kaduna state ($10.33 billion)
11. Cross River state ($9.29 billion)
12 Abia state ($8.68 billion)
13. Ondo region ($8.41 billion)
14. Osun state ($7.28 billion)
15. Benue region ($6.86 Billion)
16. Anambra State ($6.76 Billion)
17. Katsina State ($5.99 billion)
18. Niger State ($6 Billion)
19. Borno State ($5.18 Billion)
20. Plateau State ($5.15 Billion)

Edo state is at number 7 is above all the SE states except Imo. Edo has a population of approx 5 million, with numerous untapped resources. We will be fine. Igbos should worry about their Biafra and leave the rest of us alone

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by ggood: 9:45am On May 28, 2021
Gambit23:

That u have never seen any IGBO politician in Akwaibom does not in anyway mean the indigenous IGBOs in Akwaibom does not exist, If that is ur proof, then u are not thinking well grin grin.

So because I have never seen an Igala political office holder in Anambra now translates to there are no Igala people in Anambra.

U people should start using ur head bro, States in Nigeria are artificially created lines, States does not in any way represent the ethnic n tribal lines in Nigeria.

There are indigenous IGBOs in delta, Rivers, cross river, Akwaibom, Bayelsa, Edo, Benue and Kogi......Whatever u say against this fact means nothing and changes nothing
Oga there no indigenous Igbo in Akwa Ibom, any Igbo in Akwa Ibom are settler
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by Gambit23: 11:36am On May 28, 2021
ggood:
Oga there no indigenous Igbo in Akwa Ibom, any Igbo in Akwa Ibom are settler

Ibibio, Annang, Efik, Oron are settlers then. grin grin
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by Gambit23: 11:41am On May 28, 2021
Coronabirus:
Do u know what is happening in Tigray now and the UN, EU, US, AUN and all other organisations kept mute? There is serious genocide of secessionists there, those with brain don't take arms but use collective, united front forces and devoid of blackmails because the world know us more than ourselves.
All those u mentioned reach internal agreement with the support of UN not through foreign interference of their sovereignty!

Shut up,Tigrayans aren't sessationists.

Mr unity beggar, Wen South sudan, Eritrea, Namibia etc started fighting for their independence, People like u ranted rubbish like this.

"those with brain don't take arms but use collective, united front forces"

Mumu like u, Have u seen any nation that got independence by not taking arms?

Be guided n start preparing on how u will exist on ur own web biafra leaves Nigeria

NB - The only people that will experience gross genocide soon are yorubas..The hausa-fulani already have well armed militia slaughtering yorubas and you people cannot respond...the east already have an intelligent and fast growing militia protecting her lands. Stay there and be forming person wey get brain
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by ggood: 12:18pm On May 28, 2021
Gambit23:

Ibibio, Annang, Efik, Oron are settlers then. grin grin
go and drag land in ur 5 South East state , leave Akwa ibom alone, akwa ibomite don't love Igbo that's the bitter truth
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by Norwichsailor(m): 12:18pm On May 28, 2021
Gambit23:

Niger delta can never ever exist as a nation, Any adult who grew up in Nigeria knows this.

At best Ijaw, ibiboo, annang, efik, esan, urhobo, etc can form a very distant tribal based league of nation
Firstly you're naive because efik/ibibio/Annang/oron you just mentioned speak different dialect of the same language just as you have in igbo land and we understand ourselves well.
One thing that is disgusting is that anytime a Niger delta Republic is mentioned, its not ijaws or ibibios or benins that come out to reject it, its always you igbos and makes one wonder how its of your concern. As long as you feel the Niger Delta can never be a country then Biafra will never be a country, two can play that game, go and ask your father's what happened in 1967 when they took the Niger Delta for granted.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by Norwichsailor(m): 12:32pm On May 28, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Actually, I expect Ibibios to be able to form a great nation. They have the right temperament for that. They gave Biafra some badass administrators like NU Akpan and of course Obong Efiong.
If Ibibios further join up with Efiks, Annangs and othe Akwa-Cross ethnic nationalities with whom they share certain similarities, the nation will be very attractive.
The only downside will be that Bakassi will be lost for good, as it will be easier to get with 10s of millions of Biafrans than just a few million Akwa-Cross people, but Bakassi is a small price to pay for ones self-determination.

No doubt Ibibios have more in common with Igbos than they do with Edo people, and even Ijoid people with whom they have common land borders, but still I don't see any obstacle if Akwa-cross people wish to join up with the Midwest to form a nation. But an SS nation will be too restrictive for enterprising Ibibios. An Akwa-cross nation will suit Ibibios and the other Akwa-cross ethnic groups just fine.
Beautiful submission
I pray there were more igbos like you out there
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by Gambit23: 1:26pm On May 28, 2021
Norwichsailor:

Firstly you're naive because efik/ibibio/Annang/oron you just mentioned speak different dialect of the same language just as you have in igbo land and we understand ourselves well.
One thing that is disgusting is that anytime a Niger delta Republic is mentioned, its not ijaws or ibibios or benins that come out to reject it, its always you igbos and makes one wonder how its of your concern. As long as you feel the Niger Delta can never be a country then Biafra will never be a country, two can play that game, go and ask your father's what happened in 1967 when they took the Niger Delta for granted.

Anytime IGBO or SS comes into discussion, Afonjas run in immediately and start spewing their usual trash...Go and form ur own nation Mr unitt beggar.

Everyone in AkwaCross can form a nation, they national still womt be niger delta republic, its a NEVER.

THERE IS A ZERO DISCUSSION FOR NIGER DELTA REPUBLIC ANYWHERE, NOT EVEN IN THE SS, THATS BECAUSE IT DOESNT EXIST.

Quit disgracing urself
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by blues234: 1:33pm On May 28, 2021
All these Edo guys trying hard to annex Igbo speaking groups of South South as one delusional bini descendant is nothing but laughable.
You can get all your sponsors from your Oba palace, but know this, your effort is in vain. The Midwest you are banking on, was made possible by two Igbo sons, Zik and Osadebey, with the later becoming her first Primer. Anioma is a conglomerate of Igbo speaking groups found in Delta North, which a bini man cannot communicate in any basic format; and very soon, she will have a state of her own, joined to South East, then we go see were this una mouth and gragra go end.
Abi no be this Nigeria? we go cruise am to the end.
Very greedy fellows that cannot stand on their own but looking on whom to latch on, in the name of fabricated bini descendant. mtcheeww!

Note:
Bring a man from Ika, and bring a man from bini and Igbo, let them speak to each other, and let see among the three wich will understand each other. This experiment will lay to rest this irrational claim to a people that are different from you in all ramification, except may be, a few imported practices.

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by ivandragon: 2:54pm On May 28, 2021
Oracleforce:

You have a point...

But then again, it did thrive as a Kingdom...
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by Owologbo(m): 4:17pm On May 28, 2021
Gambit23:

Answer my question, then ask yours
You are just an imposter, nothing else.
you are asking me where I'm from when you are yet to tell me where you are from yourself.
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by Owologbo(m): 4:17pm On May 28, 2021
Gambit23:

U are an afonja
you are a fulani.
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by Gambit23: 4:25pm On May 28, 2021
Owologbo:

You are just an imposter, nothing else.
you are asking me where I'm from when you are yet to tell me where you are from yourself.

Afonja, Answer d question or.keep mute forever
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by bjdon: 4:30pm On May 28, 2021
blues234:
All these Edo guys trying hard to annex Igbo speaking groups of South South as one delusional bini descendant is nothing but laughable.
You can get all your sponsors from your Oba palace, but know this, your effort is in vain. The Midwest you are banking on, was made possible by two Igbo sons, Zik and Osadebey, with the later becoming her first Primer. Anioma is a conglomerate of Igbo speaking groups found in Delta North, which a bini man cannot communicate in any basic format; and very soon, she will have a state of her own, joined to South East, then we go see were this una mouth and gragra go end.
Abi no be this Nigeria? we go cruise am to the end.
Very greedy fellows that cannot stand on their own but looking on whom to latch on, in the name of fabricated bini descendant. mtcheeww!

Note:
Bring a man from Ika, and bring a man from bini and Igbo, let them speak to each other, and let see among the three wich will understand each other. This experiment will lay to rest this irrational claim to a people that are different from you in all ramification, except may be, a few imported practices.

What are you smoking? When has Edo every tried to annex any anioma Igbos. If Nigeria breaks up tomorrow it's my prayer that everybody returns to the tent O Isreal. Edo will be a small nation of people with a common ancestry. No true born Edo man, wants to have an Edo nation that contains any midwest igbos. Trust me we are not interested.

3 Likes

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by Owologbo(m): 5:12pm On May 28, 2021
Gambit23:

Afonja, Answer d question or.keep mute forever
Fulani man, shut your trap.
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by EdoDefence: 5:16pm On May 28, 2021
bjdon:

Is that so? It's always funny to see people come on the internet and type out absolute crap. Here are the top 10 richest states in Nigeria:
Table of Contents
1. Lagos State ($33.68 Billion)
2. Rivers State ($21.17 Billion)
3. Delta state ($ 16.75 billion)
4. Oyo state ($16.12 billion)
5. Imo State ($14.21 billion)
6. Kano state ($12.39 billion)
7. Edo state ($11.89 billion)
8. Akwa Ibom region ($11 billion)
9. Ogun state ($11 billion)
10. Kaduna state ($10.33 billion)
11. Cross River state ($9.29 billion)
12 Abia state ($8.68 billion)
13. Ondo region ($8.41 billion)
14. Osun state ($7.28 billion)
15. Benue region ($6.86 Billion)
16. Anambra State ($6.76 Billion)
17. Katsina State ($5.99 billion)
18. Niger State ($6 Billion)
19. Borno State ($5.18 Billion)
20. Plateau State ($5.15 Billion)

Edo state is at number 7 is above all the SE states except Imo. Edo has a population of approx 5 million, with numerous untapped resources. We will be fine. Igbos should worry about their Biafra and leave the rest of us alone

Don't mind them, they act like they care for us and want our good
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by EdoDefence: 5:18pm On May 28, 2021
ivandragon:
The one I find most interesting is that of the Edos...

When Biafra map is done, Edo is not included.

When Oduduwa map is done, no Edo.

Middle belt Map, no Edo...

So if Nigeria breaks up, will Edo become its own country?

In the event of a break up, I forsee Edo State becoming a Switzerland or Luxemburg... Neutral & prosperous...

Ẹdo will be fine on its own, we also have some Ẹdo tribes/clans in Delta and if they wish to come along they are welcome otherwise they are free to join whoever they wish

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by EdoDefence: 5:21pm On May 28, 2021
PrudencyFeats:

I don't believe in ss or se. If you are igbo you are Igbo, if you are ijaw you are ijaw. Just as yourubas in kaba (Kogi)

Before you are Nigerian, you have and know where you are from.

I agree with you
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by EdoDefence: 5:24pm On May 28, 2021
[s]
Gambit23:

[/s]

Land grabber, nothing like Ibo in Ẹdo
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by Gambit23: 6:09pm On May 28, 2021
EdoDefence:
[s][/s]

Land grabber, nothing like Ibo in Ẹdo

Paid colt...

Igbanke......Igodomigodo bu ndi IGBO...

Mufu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by EdoDefence: 6:46pm On May 28, 2021
Gambit23:

Paid colt...

Igbanke......Igodomigodo bu ndi IGBO...

Mufu

Igbo ivbiẹdo iyankhin

Ẹwe
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by Bundaweber: 7:04pm On May 28, 2021
Gambit23:

Dont be a dolt sir, Agitation for independence has lasted for decades,has zero.connection with relevant leadership position.

Dont be a dolt

you sir are very wrong
Re: The Fate Of South South Igbos When Nigeria Breaks. by Bundaweber: 7:07pm On May 28, 2021
Gambit23:

IGBANKE people disgust bini people. QED

really. do you know what you are talking about? please just move on

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Peter Obi Wishes Nigerian A Happy Christmas Celebration / Boko Haram Targets Aso Rock And Wants JTF Withdrawn / Obiano Declares November 17 Public Holiday Over Anambra Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.