Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,720 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:54 AM

Where Can I Learn Moodle Plugin And Theme Development - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Where Can I Learn Moodle Plugin And Theme Development (905 Views)

Free VTU Portal Creator you can use custom API and Theme / Urgent Need For An Editted MOODLE Software / Guys Where Can I Learn Python In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Can I Learn Moodle Plugin And Theme Development by xamuel17(m): 10:54am On May 15, 2021
I am a full stack developer for have had ample years working with Java and PHP. At the moment , am trying to add Moodle development to my skill set , but I'm faced with a lot of bottle necks . I have gone through their documentation and I still feel like its not enough.

So I was wondering if I could get assistance on Nairaland or advice on how to go about Moodle plugin and theme development
Re: Where Can I Learn Moodle Plugin And Theme Development by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:00pm On May 15, 2021
Cc qtguru. He does this. Maybe you should send him a private message.
Re: Where Can I Learn Moodle Plugin And Theme Development by qtguru(m): 12:03pm On May 15, 2021
Go to Moodle.org you need PHP and the rest tools

Then download Moodle and read the developer documentation , It is not a walk in the park, so don't feel anyhow if you don't get it at first.
Re: Where Can I Learn Moodle Plugin And Theme Development by xamuel17(m): 1:08pm On May 15, 2021
qtguru:
Go to Moodle.org you need PHP and the rest tools

Then download Moodle and read the developer documentation , It is not a walk in the park, so don't feel anyhow if you don't get it at first.

Yeah, your definitely right , I have spent weeks going through Moodle Docs , to an extent I guess I know the basics but what I know right now is not enough to create a plugin that can solve real life problems.

I have searched online to find courses related to Moodle plugin development, but i haven't been able to find a very good one...At this moment, I'm abit frustrated and hoping to get help here.
Re: Where Can I Learn Moodle Plugin And Theme Development by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:26pm On May 15, 2021
xamuel17:

Yeah, your definitely right , I have spent weeks going through Moodle Docs , to an extent I guess I know the basics but what I know right now is not enough to create a plugin that can solve real life problems.

I have searched online to find courses related to Moodle plugin development, but i haven't been able to find a very good one...At this moment, I'm abit frustrated and hoping to get help here.
People dont make courses on such things. if it was to learn node or python you will see videos with fifty million views.
Re: Where Can I Learn Moodle Plugin And Theme Development by qtguru(m): 1:38pm On May 15, 2021
xamuel17:

There is a Book However before just jumping into Plugin Development, my advice is to check all the APIs, then determine what problem you want to solve, there is only a book for Plugin Development, the rest falls on you, but a good guide will be to check Uploads and search for Module jobs or join the Moodle forum and there are developments there to be made.
Re: Where Can I Learn Moodle Plugin And Theme Development by Drella(m): 12:30pm On May 16, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

People dont make courses on such things. if it was to learn node or python you will see videos with fifty million views.

Good day.Please is the tweet below true?
I struggle to memorize syntaxes and if it's been a while I coded,I'll forget some syntaxes.

Should I just be googling or it is unprofessional?

Re: Where Can I Learn Moodle Plugin And Theme Development by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:32pm On May 16, 2021
Drella:

I struggle to memorize syntaxes and if it's been a while I coded,I'll forget some syntaxes.

Its okay to google.
Re: Where Can I Learn Moodle Plugin And Theme Development by Drella(m): 12:34pm On May 16, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Its okay to google.

Okay thank you!
Re: Where Can I Learn Moodle Plugin And Theme Development by xamuel17(m): 1:50pm On May 16, 2021
Drella:

You don't have to memorize anything, you already have google . For memory sake I have a personal journal to save code snippets and also a version control system for all your projects could serve as a reference point ...

Your brain is not an Intel processor or is it?...lol
Re: Where Can I Learn Moodle Plugin And Theme Development by Drella(m): 12:20am On May 17, 2021
xamuel17:

You don't have to memorize anything, you already have google . For memory sake I have a personal journal to save code snippets and also a version control system for all your projects could serve as a reference point ...

Your brain is not an Intel processor or is it?...lol

Good to hear.

How about if one is being interviewed for a job.He gets to where he has to code practically. Googling at that point can't be regarded as unprofessional?
Re: Where Can I Learn Moodle Plugin And Theme Development by xamuel17(m): 5:16am On May 18, 2021
Drella:

Good to hear.

How about if one is being interviewed for a job.He gets to where he has to code practically. Googling at that point can't be regarded as unprofessional?

Constant practice will make codes stick to your head . Besides, most software engineering interviews focus on your problem solving ability and understanding of programming concepts . So, you won't need to be Googling anything.

(1) (Reply)

What Is Salesforce Marketing Cloud? / Image Data Collection Gig / Sharing Some Of The Figma Design Inspirations I've Used

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.