Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,524 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

My Passport Dillema! I Need Advice - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Passport Dillema! I Need Advice (812 Views)

Immigration Office At Ado Ekiti For My Passport / Nigerian Immigration Have Gone To Sleep With My Passport - Advice!! / Civil Servants Need Advice On Whether To Migrate To Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Passport Dillema! I Need Advice by Refinedbeing(m): 6:42pm On May 15, 2021
In 2017 i made some couple of mistakes, mistakes that made sure i'm still stuck in one place even till today. Later that year i got my passport, tried to leave for a better country but end up i didn't try at all.

Long story short, i eventually made the decision to move to Ghana instead just to go stay for a while and figure things out, i eventually over-stayed the 60 days ECOWAS entry visa, infact stayed well over 2 years before i decided to return home. When coming via land border i had to hid my passport as i know the penalty for overstaying would be much for me to bear; that's 60 cedis(@#5k) for every overstayed month, though they reduced it for some co-travellers that night but none of them overstayed even a year, there was one that overstayed 6 months and he was made to pay for the whole month so there was never a way i could afford over two years penalty then. I thus traveled with my NIMC slip.
Re: My Passport Dillema! I Need Advice by Refinedbeing(m): 6:42pm On May 15, 2021
So i didn't or lemme say couldn't get the exit stamp. Now i have just the entry stamp from Benin-Togo-Ghana but not exit stamp from same route. The entry stamp dis-virgined my passport too. Now my dillema is i'm planning to be up and running again but i don't know if i can correct this issue and how to go about it or if left so will not affect VO and Immi. decision on my future visa application. Honestly i need to go away now. Please your advise
Re: My Passport Dillema! I Need Advice by fannybaby(f): 6:51pm On May 15, 2021
Continue please
Re: My Passport Dillema! I Need Advice by Refinedbeing(m): 6:53pm On May 15, 2021
fannybaby:
Continue please
Done.
Re: My Passport Dillema! I Need Advice by etrange: 7:12pm On May 15, 2021
For starters, I'd ask why didn't you think of this before deciding to overstay? Ok, let's assume you were just "hustling" to survive then like most Nigerians do. Why didn't you think of this before deciding to exit using NIMC slip? You're asking for advice now that you've overplayed yourself but when you were being "smart", it didn't occur to you to create a thread asking for advice.

Having said that, I think you've got two options now:

Option 1) You either go back using any means but your passport, and then figure out a way to return using your passport -This way, you'd have return details...

Option 2) Or just get a new passport (losing your travel history). You're even lucky African countries don't share immigration data with the western world (not sure if immigration data are even stored in digital format in Africa).

Sorry if that wasn't the kind of advice you were expecting.

3 Likes

Re: My Passport Dillema! I Need Advice by Refinedbeing(m): 7:20pm On May 15, 2021
etrange:
For starters, I'd ask why didn't you think of this before deciding to overstay? Ok, let's assume you were just "hustling" to survive then like most Nigerians do. Why didn't you think of this before deciding to exit using NIMC slip? You're asking for advice now that you've overplayed yourself but when you were being "smart", it didn't occur to you to create a thread asking for advice.

Having said that, I think you've got two options now:

Option 1) You either go back using any means but your passport, and then figure out a way to return using your passport. This way, you'd have return details.

Option 2) Get a new passport. You're even lucky African countries don't share immigration data with the western world (not sure if immigration data are even stored in digital format in Africa).

Sorry if that wasn't the kind of advice you were expecting.

Thanks. I should consider that no 1. And i never acted smart, just had to leave. Thanks again.
Re: My Passport Dillema! I Need Advice by SanctifiedSista(f): 7:25pm On May 15, 2021
Please I want to renew my passport..who can help me out
Re: My Passport Dillema! I Need Advice by Refinedbeing(m): 7:29pm On May 15, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
Please I want to renew my passport..who can help me out
Visit the nearest passport office.
Re: My Passport Dillema! I Need Advice by joeymartinijnr: 10:22pm On May 15, 2021
Heres from another perspective.

Is your passport missing/expired already? If it has... Get an affidavit stating passport got missing on entry.

Apply for a replacement with the revised bio data.

Good Lück.
Re: My Passport Dillema! I Need Advice by Refinedbeing(m): 10:44pm On May 15, 2021
joeymartinijnr:
Heres from another perspective.

Is your passport missing/expired already? If it has... Get an affidavit stating passport got missing on entry.

Apply for a replacement with the revised bio data.

Good Lück.
Hmmm. I still have till june next year on it. Thanks for your contribution.

(1) (Reply)

Mexico Experience / Nigerian Man Commits Suicide At London Airport To Avoid Deportation (video) / How Do I Get To Benin From Ibadan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.