Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,058 members, 7,814,639 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

The Promise Land - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Promise Land (112 Views)

Jerusalem Deputy Mayor Promise To Write To UN Over IPOB / Iran Promise To Send U.S Soldiers ‘back In Coffins’ If Troops Don’t Leave Iraq. / Forget My Promise, I Am Not Stepping Down! Gambia's President, Barrow Declares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Promise Land by Joel3(m): 8:07pm On May 15, 2021
In Jewish tradition, these borders define the maximum extent of the land promised to the descendants of Abraham through his son Isaac and grandson Jacob. The promise was confirmed to Jacob at Genesis 28:13, though the borders are still vague and is in terms of "the land on which you are lying".

God first made the promise to Abraham (Genesis 15:18–21):

On that day the Lord made a covenant with Abram and said, "To your descendants I give this land, from the Wadi of Egypt to the great river, the Euphrates— the land of the Kenites, Kenizzites, Kadmonites, Hittites, Perizzites, Rephaites, Amorites, Canaanites, Girgashites and Jebusites."

(1) (Reply)

Finland To Apply To NATO 'without Delay" - Finnish Leaders / Brazil Court Votes To Bar Ex-president, Bolsonaro From Elections Until 2030 / Hollywood Actors To Strike At Midnight, Join Writers On Picket Lines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 4
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.