Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,831 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Cruise Control And Optimal Battery Charging - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Cruise Control And Optimal Battery Charging (1235 Views)

IVM Cruise Unveiled In Enugu By Governor Ugwuanyi / My Experience With The Volkswagen Passat 2007 Cruise Control / Explanation On What You Need To Know About The Cruise Control Of Your Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cruise Control And Optimal Battery Charging by Observer007(m): 8:45pm On May 15, 2021
Does using cruise control have any effect on battery charging? I mean while using CC would a car's alternator still deliver the appropriate voltage for the battery to attain optimal charging? If yes, how are autos programmed to make this happen?

Normally, when I accelerate I always feel the power exerted from my foot to the pedal and confirmed by the sound [roar] of the engine. But with CC none of that.

What's your take on this?

Cc: Nurey, Gazzuzz, Radautoworks, HeavenlyBang, Blackbishop, Kingreign, Olumzz, other auto enthusiasts.
Re: Cruise Control And Optimal Battery Charging by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:18pm On May 15, 2021
Observer007:
Does using cruise control have any effect on battery charging? I mean while using CC would a car's alternator still deliver the appropriate voltage for the battery to attain optimal charging? If yes, how are autos programmed to make this happen?

Normally, when I accelerate I always feel the power exerted from my foot to the pedal and confirmed by the sound [roar] of the engine. But with CC none of that.

Cc: Nurey, Gazzuzz, Radautoworks, HeavenlyBang, Blackbishop, Kingreign, Olumzz, other auto enthusiasts.

Why not?
Re: Cruise Control And Optimal Battery Charging by Blackbishop(m): 10:32pm On May 15, 2021
Observer007:

Bro CC will never kill your battery.
And the reason you wont feel the roar when on CC is because it uses collective data from various components.

2 Likes

Re: Cruise Control And Optimal Battery Charging by Observer007(m): 12:25am On May 16, 2021
Blackbishop:

Bro CC will never kill your battery.
And the reason you wont feel the roar when on CC is because it uses collective data from various components.

Never said it would kill one's battery, but asking whether the normal battery charging process would be altered or not.
Re: Cruise Control And Optimal Battery Charging by Observer007(m): 12:26am On May 16, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

Why not?

I'm here purely to learn. Thanks.
Re: Cruise Control And Optimal Battery Charging by Observer007(m): 5:27am On May 16, 2021
Marpol, mods fp plz.
Re: Cruise Control And Optimal Battery Charging by zabimaru: 5:47am On May 16, 2021
Observer007:

Never said it would kill one's battery, but asking whether the normal battery charging process would be altered or not.

Nothing will be altered by using the Cruise Control.
Re: Cruise Control And Optimal Battery Charging by nurey(m): 6:34am On May 16, 2021
Observer007:

What's your take on this?, other auto enthusiasts.

CC is electronic control of the vehicle speed by the ECU your battery won't be affected. You will feel inertia of CC if you transverse a uphill and downhill section of an highway.

1 Like

Re: Cruise Control And Optimal Battery Charging by Blackbishop(m): 9:12am On May 16, 2021
Observer007:

How do you think the charging thing works?
Re: Cruise Control And Optimal Battery Charging by Observer007(m): 10:03am On May 16, 2021
Blackbishop:

How do you think the charging thing works?

Alternator rotating and delivering power to the battery.
Re: Cruise Control And Optimal Battery Charging by Blackbishop(m): 10:53am On May 16, 2021
Observer007:

Alternator rotating and delivering power to the battery.

And what makes it rotate?
Re: Cruise Control And Optimal Battery Charging by Observer007(m): 2:16pm On May 16, 2021
Blackbishop:

And what makes it rotate?

Kindly explain how the system works during normal driving and while using cruise control, if you know.
Re: Cruise Control And Optimal Battery Charging by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:07pm On May 16, 2021
Observer007:

Cruise control has nothing to do with battery charging

2 Likes

Re: Cruise Control And Optimal Battery Charging by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:09pm On May 16, 2021
Observer007:

Normally, when I accelerate I always [b]feel the power exerted from my foot to the pedal and confirmed by the sound [roar] of the engine. But with CC none of that.

What's your take on this?[/b]

set your cc to 160km/h, slow down to 80km/h then press the resume button when driving up a hill.

1 Like

Re: Cruise Control And Optimal Battery Charging by kingreign(m): 9:13pm On May 16, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

set your cc to 160km/h, slow down to 80km/h then press the resume button when driving up a hill.

Baba e no even need to do 160km/h. Just 100km/h, make e drop speed to 50km/h, then resume when climbing up hill. E go see the response.

1 Like

Re: Cruise Control And Optimal Battery Charging by Observer007(m): 1:32am On May 22, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

A sudden surge resulting in engine power and noise. Makes sense. Thanks Chief.
Re: Cruise Control And Optimal Battery Charging by Observer007(m): 1:32am On May 22, 2021
kingreign:

Baba e no even need to do 160km/h. Just 100km/h, make e drop speed to 50km/h, then resume when climbing up hill. E go see the response.

You're right.

(1) (Reply)

Which Of These Cars Look Like An Ant? [PHOTO] / What's D Cost Of These Parts, Can U Get Them For Me / Can A 2004 Honda EOD (EX-L) Be Paired With A Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.