Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,354 members, 7,826,386 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) (61300 Views)

Man Catches 46-Inch-Long Shark In Bayelsa (Pictures) / Meet 20-Year-Old Akobundu Kenneth Who Builds Planes, Cars And Bikes (Video) / 20-Year-Old Man Built An Aircraft Training Replica In Adamawa (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by Hassanmaye(m): 11:17pm On May 15, 2021
chidiebube107:
Igbo Amaka

Something you can never ever see from Aboki state
Continue deceiving yourselves you think Nigeria is like the 1960s abi
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by Hassanmaye(m): 11:18pm On May 15, 2021
Good job by the boy
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by Lonelypacifist6: 11:47pm On May 15, 2021
obembet:
What is wrong with you people..

Which one is

Nigeria 1 - 0 NURTW

Dis one weak me
Ehen now! One less agbero.
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by calcal: 12:00am On May 16, 2021
keep it going! good job
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by Omodua(m): 12:00am On May 16, 2021
Oshilikeifeany:
Congrats champ....

But 20 year old in ss3?�

Maybe it is d corona break�
Don't doubt his age. In public schools, some are up to 25yrs in SS3. Please,find out by visiting some public schools in your locality.
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by afroxyz: 12:03am On May 16, 2021
PotatoSalad:
SS3 at 20. That's like the age most of these millennials graduate from the university.
Damn

How many have made drones?
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by LikeAking: 12:05am On May 16, 2021
Alaigbopress:

Graduate at 20 look for job for ten years, get a job of 30,000 at 30 years. At least at 20 he understands basic Air craft engineering principle unlike those O yes stuents littering the University Campuses In the name of "I dey school". If we must develop as a nation, we must pay serious attention to Technical Education. We have the resources both human and material all that is remaining is effective policy formulation and Strategy. I was watching one documentary the other and I was astonished at how Chinas's furniture industry evolved and I was astonished.

Wow!
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by LikeAking: 12:08am On May 16, 2021
PotatoSalad:

SMEs hardly survive here. Competition brings massive innovation. Here, the govt will kill your business before it grows to avoid any competition with businesses they own and control.

We will change the narrative.
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by PotatoSalad(m): 12:08am On May 16, 2021
afroxyz:

How many have made drones?
Resist from whataboutery grin
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by Cowbell521: 12:16am On May 16, 2021
Enoch07:
Well done son, at least you're busy(meaningfully) unlike some idiots with gun disturbing the peace of other people
make the boy avoid vagina people

1 Like

Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by afroxyz: 12:18am On May 16, 2021
PotatoSalad:

Resist from whataboutery grin

Education is diffrent from intelligence. The end point is how you use knowledge. We already have too many armchair theorists in the country.
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by PotatoSalad(m): 12:29am On May 16, 2021
LikeAking:

We will change the narrative.
Only way is to get rid of those causing the problems, which won't be easy bro.
And it's sad.
The people you read about in social studies class are still in power. They are the main problem.
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by PotatoSalad(m): 12:35am On May 16, 2021
afroxyz:

Education is diffrent from intelligence. The end point is how you use knowledge. We already have too many armchair theorists in the country.
We don't have a conducive environment for prodigies to thrive. We'd have younger computer professionals if we can fix the electricity problem, reduce and increase the cost and standard of living, respectively.
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by saajus: 12:39am On May 16, 2021
How? I thought he did very well. I watched the video. It flies really high at a good speed. Once you got the basic principle right, additional effects can come later. If I have some money, I will find him, sign him up, and keep challenging his intellect.

Challenges I will put to him:
-Make it bigger
-Add surveillance camera that can see from a far distance
-Add LTE chip to control it through the internet
-Add satellite chip to make it see satellite for navigation
-Ask him to keep increasing the flight time
-Increase the battery hours
-Can you make it big enough to carry some load
-Can we produce all the parts in Nigeria without bringing a pin from abroad?
etc

You will be surprised what can come out of him in 5 yrs' time. If he's truly 20, by 25 he can give us a world-class drone.

WesternOligarch:
Celebration of mediocrity.....
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by generalwo(m): 12:49am On May 16, 2021
Simplyleo:
Drones are actually miniaturized fixed wing aircrafts.
Understanding the principles upon which fixed wing aircrafts operate is key to designing and implementing objects of this nature.

Rejoice Oghenero effort in understanding this principles outside a formal classroom is worth commendation.

Having said that, I think the govt can give him some token in recognition of his curiosity. However, aircrafts are such high precision vehicles, so Rejoice Oghenero can go back to school and study engineering, perhaps focus on career advancement in aircrafts technology.

Finally, Rejoice Oghenero is not 20yrs, make una stop that kind talk.
...... Bros na WA for u o..... Na we we na..... U want him to say his real age is 29? Looking at that guy alone , I will be surprised if he doesn't have his own family already

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by Nobody: 1:43am On May 16, 2021
saajus:
How? I thought he did very well. I watched the video. It flies really high at a good speed. Once you got the basic principle right, additional effects can come later. If I have some money, I will find him, sign him up, and keep challenging his intellect.

-Make it bigger
etc

You will be surprised what can come out of him in 5 yrs' time. If he's truly 20, by 25 he can give us a world-class drone.

This is exactly what am saying.....all talk about potential with no actual follow up, the chap is probably still in his village.....few years down the line we'd be seeing some young person doing something similar and talking about potential and viability.. the bolded cracked me up...lol
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by EbiJUNIRO(m): 2:07am On May 16, 2021
Enoch07:
Well done son, at least you're busy(meaningfully) unlike some idiots with gun disturbing the peace of other people

Na to call people idiot for Nairaland?
Peaceful man weldone o.
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by LikeAking: 2:14am On May 16, 2021
saajus:

-Make it bigger
etc

Its very rare for a country to produce all the parts of a complicated device without consulting other nations.

Our road to an industrialized nation will start fro assembling semi finished goods and parts.

From there we move.

Its not his job to produce parts you get. ie its not compulsory

We suppose get small companies wey dey do chips, etc.

But our focus as a nation is currently on educating our kids in private schools home and abroad, buy cars, build a big house in the city & the village and build more and more houses.

Abeg no call govt on this one.
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by LikeAking: 2:17am On May 16, 2021
PotatoSalad:

Only way is to get rid of those causing the problems, which won't be easy bro.
And it's sad.
The people you read about in social studies class are still in power. They are the main problem.

True, but no only them.

Even the younger govs, senators,reps,etc are not doing any beta. A good eg is Desmond Eliot.

How problem is so big and deep.
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by saajus: 4:18am On May 16, 2021
You are right. I think it's possible for a country to produce all the parts but a company cannot produce all the parts.

As you said, assembling is the first step. While we are doing that, I think some entrepreneurs should also be looking for ways for sourcing every component inward. Many Nigerians or Nigerian companies know how to couple technological gadgets but they lack the full understanding of theories backing the gadgets components functionalities. Manufacturing the components help people to understand how tech really works. That's the aspect Oyibo are hiding from us. Even the few Oyibo companies manufacturing some components here won't put Nigerians in critical positions that will expose some trade secrets and give them a full grasp of the technology.

I will still blame the Govt. The environment is not conducive for manufacturing. Most Nigerians take their ideas to China, produce there, and import. The few ones like Innoson assembling here are doing it for the love of the country because if it's for profit, they can make more profit doing everything outside and pay Nigeria Govt import duty.

LikeAking:

Its very rare for a country to produce all the parts of a complicated device without consulting other nations.

Our road to an industrialized nation will start fro assembling semi finished goods and parts.

From there we move.

Its not his job to produce parts you get. ie its not compulsory

We suppose get small companies wey dey do chips, etc.

But our focus as a nation is currently on educating our kids in private schools home and abroad, buy cars, build a big house in the city & the village and build more and more houses.

Abeg no call govt on this one.

Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by BruncleZuma: 4:49am On May 16, 2021
Congratulations to the kid, but that's an RC Airplane.
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by letitrainnow(m): 5:14am On May 16, 2021
Thumbs up
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by mich2012: 5:18am On May 16, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

Are you a bot or a human being?
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by CHIGIM: 5:47am On May 16, 2021
how are the batteries
Salintomy777:
shocked
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by EMMANUELNATION(m): 5:56am On May 16, 2021
Simplyleo:
Drones are actually miniaturized fixed wing aircrafts.
Understanding the principles upon which fixed wing aircrafts operate is key to designing and implementing objects of this nature.

Rejoice Oghenero effort in understanding this principles outside a formal classroom is worth commendation.

Having said that, I think the govt can give him some token in recognition of his curiosity. However, aircrafts are such high precision vehicles, so Rejoice Oghenero can go back to school and study engineering, perhaps focus on career advancement in aircrafts technology.

Finally, Rejoice Oghenero is not 20yrs, make una stop that kind talk.

Make we no dey deceive Ourselves, that guy that look like 30+

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by Shellsploit: 7:07am On May 16, 2021
Chris2863:

Hatred kills fool. As it stands now, he is far more useful and better than your foolish self

... And your entire hopeless generations from age to age! Anu nmpama.
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by pius4luv(m): 7:08am On May 16, 2021
God bless his vision and he will excel in Jesus name amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Huge Whale Killed In Brass, Bayelsa For Food (Photos) / Hundreds Of Birds Found Dead After Falling From The Sky Like Rain (Pictures) / Leucistic Texas Rat White Snake (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.