Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) (61264 Views)

Man Catches 46-Inch-Long Shark In Bayelsa (Pictures) / Meet 20-Year-Old Akobundu Kenneth Who Builds Planes, Cars And Bikes (Video) / 20-Year-Old Man Built An Aircraft Training Replica In Adamawa (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by millionboi(m): 9:43pm On May 15, 2021
Thinktwicemybro:
Niger Delta republic shall be great. Not this Lord lugard scam.
buhari is a problem
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by IQUIT(m): 9:43pm On May 15, 2021
incredible
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by SyrusdeHansome(m): 9:44pm On May 15, 2021
Simplyleo:
Drones are actually miniaturized fixed wing aircrafts.
Understanding the principles upon which fixed wing aircrafts operate is key to designing and implementing objects of this nature.

Rejoice Oghenero effort in understanding this principles outside a formal classroom is worth commendation.

Having said that, I think the govt can give him some token in recognition of his curiosity. However, aircrafts are such high precision vehicles, so Rejoice Oghenero can go back to school and study engineering, perhaps focus on career advancement in aircrafts technology.

Finally, Rejoice Oghenero is not 20yrs, make una stop that kind talk.

With all this theory what have u built b4?
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by kingscare1(m): 9:47pm On May 15, 2021
saphiere:
Yes. That remote doesn't look like an African made let alone a Nigerian made.

cc: kingscare1
If you mention me again eh, I will curse you and your generation. Dey swear for you to bitter good thing! Shekeleke wey no fit create a mobile website dey cast person wey dey create drone. Ishi gi there
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by PotatoSalad(m): 9:52pm On May 15, 2021
Alaigbopress:

Graduate at 20 look for job for ten years, get a job of 30,000 at 30 years. At least at 20 he understands basic Air craft engineering principle unlike those O yes stuents littering the University Campuses In the name of "I dey school". If we must develop as a nation, we must pay serious attention to Technical Education. We have the resources both human and material all that is remaining is effective policy formulation and Strategy. I was watching one documentary the other and I was astonished at how Chinas's furniture industry evolved and I was astonished.

SMEs hardly survive here. Competition brings massive innovation. Here, the govt will kill your business before it grows to avoid any competition with businesses they own and control.

1 Like

Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by FireKing: 9:52pm On May 15, 2021
lalasticlala:
20-Year-Old Nigerian Builds Drones From Scratch

A 20-year-old young Nigerian man, Rejoice Oghenero, from Kaima, Kolokuma/Opokuma LGA, Bayelsa State built a drone from scratch using locally sourced materials.
He has a small shop which he refers to as his 'factory'.

The young innovator, Rejoice Oghenero, reveals that he is from a poor family, that his parents are not rich but he has always had the innovative spirit in him which made him do lots of researches and came up with his first drone in 2013.
He is the second child of a family of 6 and an SS 3 student of a public school, Kaima Grammar School, Bayelsa. He is now a celebrity in his community.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r92Dwo03z8I
Our government of the day will not see any good of this boy to send him abroad for knowledge in advancement but rather if the poor boy was caught stealing the government is ready to deal with him and send him to jail..... How long will our Nigeria politicians mourn our youths rather than building them for a greater future that will lift up our nation
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by Nobody: 9:55pm On May 15, 2021
Really Really Proud of you.
Unlike those Icelander and Greenlander Cultist fools in Bayelsa State
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by Originalsly: 10:00pm On May 15, 2021
It's an RC plane which people do assemble at home. The difference with this guy is he is innovative.... almost nothing is ready made.... he made them by hand... one of a kind... no replacements. I really believe he needs money .... he will find the knowledge he needs to make whatever he wants to ... and this can lead to an invention and a patent. Unbelievable how he in the village with veryyyy limited resources and with a little formal education can produce an aircraft while those in our prestigious college of technology can only produce a crude version of a 1928 car and we are hailing them! Will politicians or celebrities see this?? Never.

2 Likes

Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by Polynek(m): 10:01pm On May 15, 2021
Nice 1 bro
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by crafteck(m): 10:05pm On May 15, 2021
Simplyleo:
Understanding the principles upon which fixed wing aircrafts operate is key to designing and implementing objects of this nature.

Rejoice Oghenero effort in understanding this principles outside a formal classroom is worth commendation.

Having said that, I think the govt can give him some token in recognition of his curiosity. However, aircrafts are such high precision vehicles, so Rejoice Oghenero can go back to school and study engineering, perhaps focus on career advancement in aircrafts technology.

Any unmanned craft is a drone.

1 Like

Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by OSHIOJANLE: 10:09pm On May 15, 2021
Weldone..boy..benefit of JET CLUB on schools..
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by Krismas(m): 10:16pm On May 15, 2021
Simplyleo:

cool How u take know say he’s not 20? U see him 4vision? Then forget abt engineering school and formal education training for dis drone boy. Let d govt set up a facility for informal followup, guidance, funding for him and his kind, boys building refineries for creek, boys making AK47 from scrap and anything u can do, come around and get it polished, refined and lets see how we can convert it to useful homemade technology
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by bluefilm: 10:28pm On May 15, 2021
From scratch indeed.

Nonsense. angry
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by musicwriter(m): 10:33pm On May 15, 2021
Simplyleo:

Good point. But I'll like get you conscious that the only reason you made the point of transferring him to a formal setting is because we're not in charge of knowledge creation in Africa. We believe that white people have already figured out everything for us, so he has to be transferred to an already made system created by foreigners.

If we're ready to take control of our minds intellectually, then true education would be funding his research because he's already on the right track. All he needs is investment in his research and development. He can already conceptualize most things about a flying drone in his young mind using his native language. By working on his own he can actually think of ideas and come up with solutions that a white man has never thought of before. Once he discard his organic/native way of enquiry and begin acquisition of that same knowledge in English, he'll be lacking words to keep thinking out his ideas clearly and he'll be retarded. This's the reason we're far back in science.

In my humble opinion, the best thing to do is get a teacher/coach who has knowledge is this field and who speaks his native language to work with him and mentor him. This could be used as an experimental kind of education.

There's nothing wrong with thinking out and creating our own stuff in our image. We have been fooled by white people that they already know all that's worth knowing and that we Africans cannot create knowledge and even have white people learn from us. They've put a ceiling on our minds!!

2 Likes

Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by Chris2863(m): 10:37pm On May 15, 2021
Shellsploit:
Amazing drone shocked
Hope it doesn't weigh more than 250 grams, if not it must be registered with the NCAA.

Next na to park am for hanger, MMA lagos for those that are into cocaine smuggling...
Hatred kills fool. As it stands now, he is far more useful and better than your foolish self
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by mechanics(m): 10:38pm On May 15, 2021
He's a genius.
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by Simplyleo: 10:45pm On May 15, 2021
musicwriter:

Good point. But I'll like get you conscious that the only reason you made the point of transferring him to a formal setting is because we're not in charge of knowledge creation in Africa. We believe that white people have already figured out everything for us, so he has to be transferred to an already made system created by foreigners.

If we're ready to take control of our minds intellectually, then true education would be funding his research because he's already on the right track. All he needs is investment in his research and development. He can already conceptualize most things about a flying drone in his young mind using his native language. By working on his own he can actually think of ideas and come up with solutions that a white man has never thought of before. Once he discard his organic/native way of enquiry and begin acquisition of that same knowledge in English, he'll be lacking words to keep thinking out his ideas clearly and he'll be retarded. This's the reason we're far back in science.

In my humble opinion, the best thing to do is get a teacher/couch who has knowledge is this field and who speaks his native language to work with him. This could be used as an experimental kind of education.

There's nothing wrong with thinking out and creating our own stuff in our image. We have been fooled by white people that they already know all that's worth knowing and that we Africans cannot create knowledge and even have white people learn from us. They've put a ceiling on our minds!!
For all the days I have been on nairaland, this should count as the second time I have come across an argument superior to mine and I must admit.

The emboldened is actually the bomb.

Oga, I twalle for you. You sabi book. cool
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by musicwriter(m): 10:55pm On May 15, 2021
Simplyleo:

For all the days I have been on nairaland, this should count as the second time I have come across an argument superior to mine and I must admit.

The emboldened is actually the bomb.

Oga, I twalle for you. You sabi book. cool

Thanks for your kind understanding.

Details of everything I said is in a book in the link on my signature.
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by Simplyleo: 10:58pm On May 15, 2021
musicwriter:

Thanks for your kind understanding.

Details of everything I said is in a book in the link on my signature.
Oh, really?

I just checked and bookmarked to read at convenience.

Apparently, you are a core Africanist (used in the sense of belief in Africa).

Thanks.
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by Eriokanmi: 11:00pm On May 15, 2021
Salintomy777:
shocked
naija shocked
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by tianshie(m): 11:02pm On May 15, 2021
Simplyleo:

Walahi I look the guy face and the age dem write begin wonder whether na footballer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by Salintomy777: 11:02pm On May 15, 2021

you spying on me or what?
Why quote such an insignificant comment? undecided
Eriokanmi:
naija shocked
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by saphiere(f): 11:05pm On May 15, 2021
[s]
kingscare1:
If you mention me again eh, I will curse you and your generation. Dey swear for you to bitter good thing! Shekeleke wey no fit create a mobile website dey cast person wey dey create drone. Ishi gi there
[/s]
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by ViolentMooslim: 11:05pm On May 15, 2021
Bouz:
You cannor blow like this in nigeria oh, we will tell u nice one and it ends there.

If he goes outside with these toys, no one will even tell him "nice one".

He better stay here and play with it.
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by Eriokanmi: 11:06pm On May 15, 2021
Salintomy777:
you spying on me or what?
Why quote such an insignificant comment? undecided
grin
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by sageb: 11:07pm On May 15, 2021
Good initiative
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by Salintomy777: 11:12pm On May 15, 2021
Eriokanmi:
grin

nah true nah
No be say you quote to ask questions about my product
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by musicwriter(m): 11:13pm On May 15, 2021
Simplyleo:

Oh, really?

I just checked and bookmarked to read at convenience.

Apparently, you are a core Africanist.

Thanks.

Well, for many years I wanted to understand why we're the way we're in Africa today and it led me to several things. And the short answer to what I discovered is that we're locked down because we have accepted an alien perception of reality to our detriment. Through many years of slavery and colonialism we have allowed foreign cultures put a ceiling on our minds.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by Nobody: 11:13pm On May 15, 2021
Celebration of mediocrity.....
Re: 20-Year-Old Rejoice Oghenero Builds Drones From Scratch In Bayelsa (Video) by Simplyleo: 11:15pm On May 15, 2021
musicwriter:

Well, for many years I wanted to understand why we're the way we're in Africa today and it lead me to several things. And the short answer to what I discovered is that we're locked down because we have accepted an alien perception of reality to our detriment. Through many years of slavery and colonialism we have allowed foreign cultures put a ceiling on our minds.
You are correct boss.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hundreds Of Birds Found Dead After Falling From The Sky Like Rain (Pictures) / Huge Whale Killed In Brass, Bayelsa For Food (Photos) / Leucistic Texas Rat White Snake (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.