Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

The Promise Land. Is Not Today Israel The God Promise Land - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Promise Land. Is Not Today Israel The God Promise Land (288 Views)

Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About' / The Purpose Of The Law And God's Promise / Wife Was Pronounced Dead But Husband Said 'Not Today, Satan'! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Promise Land. Is Not Today Israel The God Promise Land by Joel3(m): 5:17am On May 16, 2021
From Egypt to the Land of Israel

I will free you from the labors of the Egyptians and deliver you from their bondage ... I will bring you into the land which I swore to give to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and I will give it to you for a possession.

Abraham, the father of Israel, was the first person to spread the idea of monotheism - belief in one God. God commanded him to leave his birthplace and go ... to the land that I will show you.
(Gen. 12:1)
This bond between the People of Israel and their land was reaffirmed to succeeding generations through his son Isaac and his grandson Jacob:
The land that I assigned to Abraham and Isaac I assign to you and to your offspring to come.
(Gen. 35:12)

Abraham's migration to the Land of Israel was the beginning of a long journey that the People of Israel would travel before finally settling in their land. This journey would comprise a long and difficult exile in Egypt, followed by a miraculous exodus and culminating in the receiving of the Torah (Divine Law). Later they would settle in the Land of Israel, where King David would rule over his people, and King Solomon, his son, would establish his mighty kingdom and build the First Temple. The journey would continue with the exile to Babylonia, the return and the building of the Second Temple - the destruction of which would mark the beginning of the longest and most bitter exile. Over the next 2000 years, the Jewish people would suffer terrible persecutions until they would finally be able to return home and establish the State of Israel

c.18th-16th century BCE Abraham, Isaac, Jacob settle in the Land of Israel; Famine forces Israelites to migrate to Egypt
c.13th century BCE Exodus from Egypt; Ten Commandments and Torah received at Mount Sinai; Israelites enter the Promised Land
c. 1020 BCE Saul anointed as first king of Israel
c. 1000 BCE King David makes Jerusalem capital of his kingdom
c. 960 BCE First Temple built in Jerusalem by King Solomon
586 BCE Babylonians destroy First Temple and Jerusalem; Most Jews exiled to Babylonia
538-515 BCE Many Jews return to the Land; Second Temple built
70 CE Destruction of Second Temple and Jerusalem by Romans; Jews exiled
Re: The Promise Land. Is Not Today Israel The God Promise Land by helinues: 6:00am On May 16, 2021
And where is Canaan located in the present day region?
Re: The Promise Land. Is Not Today Israel The God Promise Land by AntiChristian: 6:27am On May 16, 2021
Israel is Jewish.

Christians pray to the God of Israel to fight for them.

But Israel doesn't wait for God to fight for them.

I don't understand.
Re: The Promise Land. Is Not Today Israel The God Promise Land by Northernblood3: 6:44am On May 16, 2021
AntiChristian:
Israel is Jewish.

Christians pray to the God of Israel to fight for them.

But Israel doesn't wait for God to fight for them.

I don't understand.

Faith without work is useless. Heaven helps those who help themselves (i.e You don't expect manner to fall from heaven when you are not hardworking. You must try so that God will bless you through it).

Is it normal to wait on God to fight for you when Armed robber with stick attacks you and tries to rape your wife?

Yes, in as much as Israel is a Jewish state not Christians (Thankfully to God), That doesn't stop the fact that it houses many Cultural sites that proves the truthfulness of the Bible. Terrorists knows this for sure that downfall of Israel is the beginning of the End for Christians and that's why they are after it. When they are done, they will head to Vatican and USA for their final push to take away freedom from the world.

Thanks to God Israel believes in Mosaic law not Christian law
Re: The Promise Land. Is Not Today Israel The God Promise Land by AntiChristian: 7:10am On May 16, 2021
Northernblood3:

Faith without work is useless. Heaven helps those who help themselves (i.e You don't expect manner to fall from heaven when you are not hardworking. You must try so that God will bless you through it).

Is it normal to wait on God to fight for you when Armed robber with stick attacks you and tries to rape your wife?

Yes, in as much as Israel is a Jewish state not Christians (Thankfully to God), That doesn't stop the fact that it houses many Cultural sites that proves the truthfulness of the Bible. Terrorists knows this for sure that downfall of Israel is the beginning of the End for Christians and that's why they are after it. When they are done, they will head to Vatican and USA for their final push to take away freedom from the world.

Thanks to God Israel believes in Mosaic law not Christian law

But Israel (Jews) believe Mary was a fornicator and had Jesus illegitimately.

I'm bewildered by your ignorance.
Re: The Promise Land. Is Not Today Israel The God Promise Land by orunto27: 8:59am On May 16, 2021
IT'S THE STARTMENT.
Re: The Promise Land. Is Not Today Israel The God Promise Land by orunto27: 9:08am On May 16, 2021
IT'S THE STARTMENT.

THE WHOLE WORLD IS THE PROMISED LAND. THEY JUST STARTED FROM THE PRESENT PLACE, COMMITTED ABOMINATION BEFORE GOD. GOT CAPTURED BY THE BABYLONIANS BEFORE THEY REPENTED AND SCATTERED TO EAST AND WEST EUROPE.

THANKS TO U.S THAT BROUGHT THEM BACK TO THEIR ORIGINAL STARTING POINT.
Re: The Promise Land. Is Not Today Israel The God Promise Land by Joel3(m): 10:29am On May 16, 2021
Promise Land is israel

(1) (Reply)

All Men Die, But Not All Men Live / OCD :satan's Secret Weapon Of Destroying Christians :part 2 / T.B Joshua’s Monarch Seeks Cause Of Death, Wants Body Buried In Arigidi Continu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.