Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,089 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 (71238 Views)

Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) / This Shocking Map Shows How Israel Took Over Palestine Since 1947 / Real Story Behind The Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by kissdabride: 6:24pm On May 16, 2021
helinues:

Rocket fired from the basement or rocket placed on the basement?
whatever that na your headache
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by jaxxy(m): 6:25pm On May 16, 2021
Saifullah01:
The banner reads :
"The Germans destroyed our families please dont you destroy our hopes"

What an irony the situation has turned to today

How do u know they are going to Palestine and not back to Isreal?? undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Zetty177x: 6:26pm On May 16, 2021
ReubenE:
Egypt and and the Arab league is largely responsible for the ordeal the Palestinians are facing...
Those lands were not stolen, majority was acquired through conquest after the Arab-Israeli wars

Israel only expanded its grip on Palestinian lands (formally a British mandate) after the defeat of the Arab coalition in 1948 and 1967.

If the Arab league had allowed reason to prevail when the UN Resolution partitioned that land to Two States (Jewish State of Israel, and Arab State of Palestine) in 1947, perhaps by now, Palestine would have been a thriving country on their own with her own army.

But Egypt and the Arab coalition felt Israel was too small and feeble. Egyptian Generals even boasted that a war with Israel would be like a parade from Cairo to Tel Aviv, that Tel Aviv would be overtaken in two weeks.
They opposed the UN Resolution for Two-State Solution by invading Israel, a battle they lost.
Israel ceased more lands far more than what was given to her by the UN after the war. Can Israel be blamed for doing this? The answer is No, the the land is a war bounty.

Syria lost the control of Golan Heights, Jordan lost the West Bank, Egypt lost the Gaza Strip after the 6 days war (3rd Arab war with Israel) in 1967.
Israel obviously and overwhelmingly won the war and consolidated its grip on Palestine.
Can Israel be blamed for controlling a land they conquered through war? No, cause in war, everything is fair.

The Two-State solution the Palestinians and the Arab League opposed vehemently in 1947, is what they are now clamoring for, but unfortunately, Israel and her western allies especially the US is no longer keen on doing that.

One very important fact to note is that, no country is a good country in the International System of power play.
Palestine would do the same to Israel if she finds herself in that position because international politics is always about National Interest.

Russia has been annexing Ukrainian lands (Crimea, Sevastopol etc), Russia has been making attempts to annex Georgia, Turkey has been muscling Armenia etc. No country is a good country, it is always about self and National Interest.

PS:
The land Israel is occupying is not entirely Palestinian land. They have historical ties to that land right from the time of Egypt and Babylonia.
Israel only ceased Golan Heights, West Bank, East Jerusalem, Gaza Strip after the war with the Arab Coalition

Best comment ever...on this topic..that's Israel land that the Arab took through wars. also when Hitler tried to kill all of them, they abandoned their lands..they are reclaiming what belongs to them

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Mftivi: 6:26pm On May 16, 2021
gaius01:

Rude muslims !

In prophet Mohammed's words 'Be harsh to unbelievers' . I can noiw see the evidence..

Oga continue dey vex because I know e dey pain you. grin grin grin
check my posts I am Christian you bloody African slowpoke! Ignoramus! The ignorance in you people irritate me greatly!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Tdotbluejays: 6:26pm On May 16, 2021
joyandfaith:

Who are those people? Which tribes? If they come out to claim there lands, UN will do something about it.
See below:

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by NairaMaster1(m): 6:27pm On May 16, 2021
Saifullah01:
@lalasticlal front page please let's know history

Just like the foolanis are trying to steal our land via ruga

3 Likes

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by mrkia(m): 6:27pm On May 16, 2021
Nigeria Christians where is your conscience

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Blackmiserable(m): 6:28pm On May 16, 2021
ReubenE:
Egypt and and the Arab league is largely responsible for the ordeal the Palestinians are facing...
Those lands were not stolen, majority was acquired through conquest after the Arab-Israeli wars

Israel only expanded its grip on Palestinian lands (formally a British mandate) after the defeat of the Arab coalition in 1948 and 1967.

If the Arab league had allowed reason to prevail when the UN Resolution partitioned that land to Two States (Jewish State of Israel, and Arab State of Palestine) in 1947, perhaps by now, Palestine would have been a thriving country on their own with her own army.

But Egypt and the Arab coalition felt Israel was too small and feeble. Egyptian Generals even boasted that a war with Israel would be like a parade from Cairo to Tel Aviv, that Tel Aviv would be overtaken in two weeks.
They opposed the UN Resolution for Two-State Solution by invading Israel, a battle they lost.
Israel ceased more lands far more than what was given to her by the UN after the war. Can Israel be blamed for doing this? The answer is No, the the land is a war bounty.

Syria lost the control of Golan Heights, Jordan lost the West Bank, Egypt lost the Gaza Strip after the 6 days war (3rd Arab war with Israel) in 1967.
Israel obviously and overwhelmingly won the war and consolidated its grip on Palestine.
Can Israel be blamed for controlling a land they conquered through war? No, cause in war, everything is fair.

The Two-State solution the Palestinians and the Arab League opposed vehemently in 1947, is what they are now clamoring for, but unfortunately, Israel and her western allies especially the US is no longer keen on doing that.

One very important fact to note is that, no country is a good country in the International System of power play.
Palestine would do the same to Israel if she finds herself in that position because international politics is always about National Interest.

Russia has been annexing Ukrainian lands (Crimea, Sevastopol etc), Russia has been making attempts to annex Georgia, Turkey has been muscling Armenia etc. No country is a good country, it is always about self and National Interest.

PS:
The land Israel is occupying is not entirely Palestinian land. They have historical ties to that land right from the time of Egypt and Babylonia.
Israel only ceased Golan Heights, West Bank, East Jerusalem, Gaza Strip after the war with the Arab Coalition

And I am not flattering you: you are one of the most intelligent nairalanders on this platform. You just gained a follower. Please comment often. In war everything is fair. Even muslims would agree to that and I am sure Saifullah01 would not take objections.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Mftivi: 6:28pm On May 16, 2021
joyandfaith:

They returned to their ancestral lands there were being occupied by arabs.
false!
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by vibre: 6:28pm On May 16, 2021
YungMillionaire:

My tales of woe are unending. This my foolishness will be the end of me. In fact, I will go and report my useless self to the nearest police station. cry cry cry

wink
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 16, 2021
Bettykeys:
Unfortunately, Christians in Nigeria are not aware that the number of Christians in Israel are not up to 3%

Majority of religion in Isreal is Jews with approximately 75% in population

And Palestinian Christian population are much more than Jewish Christians

3 Likes

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by YungMillionaire: 6:29pm On May 16, 2021
Mftivi:
check my posts I am Christian you bloody African slowpoke! Ignoramus! The ignorance in you people irritate me greatly!

Don't mind them. They think just because some1 is a Christian, that automatically makes them blind to Israel's blatant atrocities.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Mftivi: 6:29pm On May 16, 2021
Siwisheswereesh:
Israelis conquered Canaan right from Old Testament times. Joshua led the war.

Jerusalem is known as City of David in the Bible.

Israelis merely went back home en masse and established a state in 1947. Before then, they were dispersed everywhere.
the real Israelis are still scattered and not back, those guys there are bunch of Europeans.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Amanda4life: 6:29pm On May 16, 2021
WHY cant ISLAM CANT ACCOMMODATE ANOTHER RELIGION.

BE IT JUDAISM, CHRISTIANITY, TRADITIONAL, CHINESE. Etc etc.
Why are they always having problem with other Faith

PLEASE I NEED AN ANSWER.

2 Likes

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by kissdabride: 6:30pm On May 16, 2021
ReubenE:

PS:
Well-done sir
Not just baseless arguments

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by YungMillionaire: 6:31pm On May 16, 2021
vibre:
I am a black man who worship a white gay Roman is my lord and savior. In my mythical book, the bible, my God is jealous. Jealousy is a trait of my God. I feel depressed because my God is basically a teenager throwing a tantrum.

Its okay. Go and look for help. grin grin grin
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by fof1: 6:33pm On May 16, 2021
Saifullah01:
@lalasticlal front page please let's know history

YOU DONT KNOW D HISTORY U ARE CULLING OUT TODAY...God Rules in d Affairs of Men.

2 Likes

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by 4four(m): 6:34pm On May 16, 2021
This is what fulanis want to implement in nigeria

2 Likes

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by yommen: 6:34pm On May 16, 2021
richidinho:
Exactly what Fulani terrorist did in Kwara state and every Muslim in Nigeria were happy

The Brits su government did worse to us, Bro. The difference was Kwara people fought Fulani and lost but we all never gave a fight at all. White man in the name of trades, they took our people away, stashed at the bottom of the ship like sadine, with only one slice of bread per day. Whoever died during the journey bwaa thrown into the sea. Eventually, our eyes eventually opened and we sort for freedom but still yet the white man still deceived us to be part of Nigeria so that he can use the gullible Hausafulani man to rule us. The British has truly done us worse than the Fulani already.
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Kingharzyz(m): 6:35pm On May 16, 2021
The funniest part is that the percentage of Christian in Palestine is higher than Christians in ISREAL , So Nigeria Christians should think twice and not celebrate the massacre.
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Amanda4life: 6:35pm On May 16, 2021
IF ISRAEL WANT TO BE JUDAISM COUNTRY, IYS NOBODY'S BUIZ.

WE HAVE A LOT OF MUSLIM COUNTRY IES WHERE CHRISTIAN S AND OTHER FAITH ARE MINORITY, AND THESE OTHER FAITH DONT MAKE TROUBLE WITH SUCH GOVT.

2 Likes

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by benji93: 6:36pm On May 16, 2021
Can you provide a reference with respect to this claim? Please I would appreciate a source that convincingly comes to that conclusion. You cited accounts referenced by New York times(which i am still trying to find by the way). But those accounts look like reflections. They appear to be retrospective. The accounts do not tell us why the Egyptian troops, however small they are advanced.
salykely:

And you failed to tell your audience that under international law there are no territorial gains from war. We are no longer in medieval Europe.

"Under the UN Charter there can lawfully be no territorial gains from war, even by a state acting in self-defense. The response of other states to Israel's occupation shows a virtually unanimous opinion that even if Israel's action was defensive, its retention of the West Bank and Gaza Strip was not...The [UN] General Assembly characterized Israel's occupation of the West Bank and Gaza as a denial of self determination and hence a 'serious and increasing threat to international peace and security.' "John Quigley, "Palestine and Israel: A Challenge to Justice."

Secondly you lied when u said the Arab countries started the 1948 war. Yes Egypt started the 1973 October war in retaliation for the 1948 war. Israeli military historians agree to the fact that the war was stated by Israel.

"The former Commander of the Air Force, General Ezer Weitzman, regarded as a hawk, stated that there was 'no threat of destruction' but that the attack on Egypt, Jordan and Syria was nevertheless justified so that Israel could 'exist according the scale, spirit, and quality she now embodies.'...Menahem Begin had the following remarks to make: 'In June 1967, we again had a choice. The Egyptian Army concentrations in the Sinai approaches do not prove that Nasser was really about to attack us. We must be honest with ourselves. We decided to attack him.' "Noam Chomsky, "The Fateful Triangle."

"I do not think Nasser wanted war. The two divisions he sent to The Sinai would not have been sufficient to launch an offensive war. He knew it and we knew it." Yitzhak Rabin, Israel's Chief of Staff in 1967, in Le Monde, 2/28/68

"Moshe Dayan, the celebrated commander who, as Defense Minister in 1967, gave the order to conquer the Golan...[said] many of the firefights with the Syrians were deliberately provoked by Israel, and the kibbutz residents who pressed the Government to take the Golan Heights did so less for security than for the farmland...[Dayan stated] 'They didn't even try to hide their greed for the land...We would send a tractor to plow some area where it wasn't possible to do anything, in the demilitarized area, and knew in advance that the Syrians would start to shoot. If they didn't shoot, we would tell the tractor to advance further, until in the end the Syrians would get annoyed and shoot.

And then we would use artillery and later the air force also, and that's how it was...The Syrians, on the fourth day of the war, were not a threat to us.'" The New York Times, May 11, 1997

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by 4four(m): 6:36pm On May 16, 2021
richidinho:
Exactly what Fulani terrorist did in Kwara state and every Muslim in Nigeria were happy
that is what they did in northern part of Nigeria and intension of implementing the same in southern Nigeria now

2 Likes

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by AnanseK(m): 6:36pm On May 16, 2021
M
Bettykeys:
Unfortunately, Christians in Nigeria are not aware that the number of Christians in Israel are not up to 3%

Majority of religion in Isreal is Jews with approximately 75% in population

And the Jews don’t give a damn about Jesus or christianity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by cejaypriesty(m): 6:37pm On May 16, 2021
WaffenSS:

You're dumb

Judaism doesn't believe in your New Testament Bible. They believe in the Torah, because every reference to the Pauline doctrine that birthed Christianity is anathema to them.

Judaism considers your Jesus a liar and false messiah, and that's why they had him humiliated and crucified.

To this day jews are still waiting for their real messiah since yours is fake.

Yet you fools consider Israel and jews your allies in Christ.

What a joke.
Quit spewing hate ,Jesus is the messiah and they know that .
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 16, 2021
Mftivi:

Lol you are actually displaying the above you wrote.

Myopic ragamuffin, Retarderdd Urchin, your lack of approaching is killing. How will you state a point with insult? Did I insult your dad or mum or any of your family relatives ?

You lack decorum on social media, etiquette to approach some one and lastly civility to state a duluded views.

As for you being a Christian I don't care, you might be a Christian here and a Muslim in life, I still don't care. But I known muslims are often violent !!

2 Likes

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by vibre: 6:37pm On May 16, 2021
YungMillionaire:

People have been telling me about my foolishness for ages but I didn't know it was this serious. I am such a dunce, a worthless nincompoop and a loser in every aspect of my life. Woe is me, I really need to Go and look for help. cry cry cry
wink
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Minjim: 6:39pm On May 16, 2021
objobj:

What is Bible?
Ignorant. Go and read pls.
You simply lack the foresight

2 Likes

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Tdotbluejays: 6:39pm On May 16, 2021
Zetty177x:

Best comment ever...on this topic..that's Israel land that the Arab took through wars. also when Hitler tried to kill all of them, they abandoned their lands..they are reclaiming what belongs to them
Hmmm. It's like Gypsies in Europe returning to India to not only claim the land but also subjugate the Indians that never left their lands.
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Kuginzi: 6:39pm On May 16, 2021
sainttwist1:
in peace but the Arabs don't like peace.....so enjoy
Must Israelites grab people's land by force?
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by LoveThemChubby(m): 6:39pm On May 16, 2021
helinues:
Interesting

The bombing of AP and Aljazeera building in Gaza was deliberate
Deliberate because they allowed it to be used as bombing site for hamas. I just pity people who allow their emptions do the thinking in this matter. Hamas is used to using hospitals, schools and religious centres as launchsite for their rockets and guess what? Israel doesn't give a damn what it is. As long as it serves as a launchsite, it will go down.

But come to think of it, the Israeli soldiers are the most professional army in the world. They never destroy such places without first dropping leaflets and asking the people to move/evacuate the building. Something I doubt even the US military can do

2 Likes

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by NiceMen: 6:40pm On May 16, 2021
helinues:
Interesting

The bombing of AP and Aljazeera building in Gaza was deliberate
oga no single soul was lost. they even alerted them before bombing... i saw a live video. did the Palestinians do the same before firing rockets?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

China And Russia Prepare To Accept Taliban Rule Of Afghanistan(Pics) / Mugabe Blasts Nigeria At AU Summit For “Betraying” Africa / Kenyan Football Fans Sexually Assault A Lady Inside Bush (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.