Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 (71236 Views)

Bridge Collapses In The US After Being Hit By A Ship (Video) / This Shocking Map Shows How Israel Took Over Palestine Since 1947 / Real Story Behind The Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by ReubenE(m): 9:04am On May 16, 2021
Saifullah01:

The first paragraph is your opinion and I respect that (even though I don't agree)

On your second paragraph The vast majority of the middle east was under the Ottoman empire (modern day Turkey). After WW1 with the collapse of the Ottoman empire the west (Europe in particular) shared the former Ottoman lands amongst themselves.
Thus you would understand Turkeys interest in the happenings in the middle east (as its former backyard). Just like the french are still interested in Mali, Niger etc. as their former colonies and the same way Russia sees NATO's expansion into eastern Europe as an affront, east Europe being part of the former USSR

There is no argument that majority of the middle east was under the ottoman empire.
The land became a British mandate after the conquest of the Turks during WW1.

Like the British, the Turks can no longer lay claim to that land. Likewise the areas that were controlled by Jordan and Syria.

Turkey, Egypt and Syria are to be blamed for the confusion they instigated in 1947 when this crisis was almost settled.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 9:20am On May 16, 2021
How did the fulanis arrived Nigeria.
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Olatomiwami(m): 9:21am On May 16, 2021
helinues:

Rocket fired from the basement or rocket placed on the basement?

Whichever sooth your narrative of basement, whether from or place on basement, the koko b say rockets are fired from there, and Israel responded accordingly. EOD

16 Likes

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Oksman(m): 9:37am On May 16, 2021
Bettykeys:
Unfortunately, Christians in Nigeria are not aware that the number of Christians in Israel are not up to 3%

Majority of religion in Isreal is Jews with approximately 75% in population

No one is talking about the christian population in Israel but her right to defend itself from the barrage of rockets launched from Gaza period!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Sailorsoldier1: 9:39am On May 16, 2021
nnatobryno:

This is very myopic, dont jump into discussion without understanding some certain things. Rockets were fired from the basement of that building which was caught on camera.
wat is dis one saying....watch d clip closely....rockets hit the ground floor of d building causing the supporting columns to crumble bringing down d entire structure.
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Biggcake: 9:41am On May 16, 2021
seunmsg:

What Joy do you derive in seeing the killings of innocent children and women? Where is your humanity? Where is your empathy? Such a shame!

The same Joy that Buhari derive when Islamic fulani terrorist kill Christians in the South...

All is fair...

If Israel needs more ground troops, I will be of assistance...

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Conrod: 9:41am On May 16, 2021
helinues:
Interesting

The bombing of AP and Aljazeera building in Gaza was deliberate
Are you no longer interested in seeing terrorists and their enablers wiped out ?

18 Likes

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Robertgreene1(m): 9:42am On May 16, 2021
for all those uninformed christians supporting isreal..isreal is not and can never be a Christian nation...infact there re more Arab christians in Gaza..Iraq..even Syria nd Iran sef than in isreal (if anything like Jewish christians even exists sef)...

5 Likes

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Valkrie: 9:46am On May 16, 2021
nnatobryno:

This is very myopic, dont jump into discussion without understanding some certain things. Rockets were fired from the basement of that building which was caught on camera.

No mind am and the journalist where even laughing...now the hammer have come down and they are shouting...!!

If they fire any rocket even from on top ayatollah's head the Israeli bomb would land there the next minute...nonesense people...!!

7 Likes

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Jman24(m): 9:53am On May 16, 2021
Hyperchi:
most ppl fail to read history. where Israel is now they are the owner of the land. if u chase me out of my land and bring in new owner, when the time come and am been given my land back. is it not the right thing the British did.
and they where not given all their land. where that mosque is in Jerusalem is very significant to the Jews that why they want it

Which Israel? No body is the owner of anything over there.
Certain gladiators just sat together and named a place Israel

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by ChangedMan1999(m): 10:05am On May 16, 2021
Cryptodegen:
This post does not change the fact that Bitcoin will continue to pump and that crypto have produced more millionaires this 2021 than Internet scam!

Bro,

Show me the way smiley
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Nobody: 10:21am On May 16, 2021
Hyperchi:
most ppl fail to read history. where Israel is now they are the owner of the land. if u chase me out of my land and bring in new owner, when the time come and am been given my land back. is it not the right thing the British did.
and they where not given all their land. where that mosque is in Jerusalem is very significant to the Jews that why they want it
Read history from your useless story book called the Bible. Shift joor. Kingxsamz come and see oh.

4 Likes

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Buke26: 10:25am On May 16, 2021
ReubenE:
Egypt and and the Arab league is largely responsible for the ordeal the Palestinians are facing...
Those lands were not stolen, majority was acquired through conquest after the Arab-Israeli wars

Israel only expanded its grip on Palestinian lands (formally a British mandate) after the defeat of the Arab coalition in 1948 and 1967.

If the Arab league had allowed reason to prevail when the UN Resolution partitioned that land to Two States (Jewish State of Israel, and Arab State of Palestine) in 1947, perhaps by now, Palestine would have been a thriving country on their own with her own army.

But Egypt and the Arab coalition felt Israel was too small and feeble. Egyptian Generals even boasted that a war with Israel would be like a parade from Cairo to Tel Aviv, that Tel Aviv would be overtaken in two weeks.
They opposed the UN Resolution for Two-State Solution by invading Israel, a battle they lost.
Israel ceased more lands far more than what was given to her by the UN after the war. Can Israel be blamed for doing this? The answer is No, the the land is a war bounty.

Syria lost the control of Golan Heights, Jordan lost the West Bank, Egypt lost the Gaza Strip after the 6 days war (3rd Arab war with Israel) in 1967.
Israel obviously and overwhelmingly won the war and consolidated its grip on Palestine.
Can Israel be blamed for controlling a land they conquered through war? No, cause in war, everything is fair.

The Two-State solution the Palestinians and the Arab League opposed vehemently in 1947, is what they are now clamoring for, but unfortunately, Israel and her western allies especially the US is no longer keen on doing that.

One very important fact to note is that, no country is a good country in the International System of power play.
Palestine would do the same to Israel if she finds herself in that position because international politics is always about National Interest.

Russia has been annexing Ukrainian lands (Crimea, Sevastopol etc), Russia has been making attempts to annex Georgia, Turkey has been muscling Armenia etc. No country is a good country, it is always about self and National Interest.

PS:
The land Israel is occupying is not entirely Palestinian land. They have historical ties to that land right from the time of Egypt and Babylonia.
Israel only ceased Golan Heights, West Bank, East Jerusalem, Gaza Strip after the war with the Arab Coalition

Truth nothing but the facts.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Elbinawi: 10:29am On May 16, 2021
It was the Western barbarians that slaughtered millions of Jews and not Arabs and Muslims. It was the Western barbarians that converted all Jewish women and girls into sex slaves. Arabs and Muslims protected Jews then. Then why will Jews steal Arab & Muslim lands?

The Western barbarians can not use Arab and Muslim lands to compensate the Jews they persecuted. They should carve out a state for Jews in Germany. Hitler Germany perpetrated the mass slaughter of Jews and not Arabs and Muslims.

Lest I Forget! Big Tech execs takes orders from the racist Zionist regime. Even the Chinese owned Tiktok. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are in their pockets. Do not be deceive with the fraudulent "Freedom of Speech" narrative of the Western barbarians.

#FreePalestine

#ElbinawiTweets

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by CharlotteFlair: 10:30am On May 16, 2021
Bettykeys:
Unfortunately, Christians in Nigeria are not aware that the number of Christians in Israel are not up to 3%

We know! This is 2021!

9 Likes

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Elbinawi: 10:30am On May 16, 2021
I have an important question for the Western barbarians:

"When you brutally slaughtered millions of Jews during the Second World War and converted all their women and girls to your sex slaves, were they not the "Chosen people of God" then?"

It is important to note that during WWII Jews were endangered species in the whole of Europe. They were hunted down like flies and slaughtered. Were they then not the "Chosen people of God" to the Christians of Europe?

I can be contacted on elbinawi@yahoo.com. Thank you!

#ElbinawiTweets

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by kingxsamz(m): 10:36am On May 16, 2021
SegFault:

Read history from your useless story book called the Bible. Shift joor. Kingxsamz come and see oh.

Don't mind them. Many of them don't even know that the population of Christians in Israel is just 2%. Christians and their blind support.
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by candygist: 10:36am On May 16, 2021
helinues:
Interesting

Call your police.

3 Likes

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by candygist: 10:37am On May 16, 2021
Bettykeys:

Where did you get your fact from ?
3%?

1 Like

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Nobody: 10:42am On May 16, 2021
gaius01:

Like I have said I don't have much knowledge on the conflicts but pertaining to the cancellation of the oppose party, I think that will be for their interest to fight for their nation. If they the [Opposition party ] keep fighting Netanyahu In this critical time It would seems they are dividing the nation. For the interests of both parties they should first eliminate [Control] their external problem before facing thier internal problem for the interest of the isrealie citizens.

Any sane individual will do that. Imagine Turkey a country that is not close to Gaza forming a tiles with Nigeria to teach Isreal a lesson. The reason is clear, the only interest there is because both president are muslim, now that exactly what is going on in Isreal. Join head to fight after that we do our internal things.
You're a very terrible person.

3 Likes

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Nobody: 10:45am On May 16, 2021
ReubenE:

Israel obviously and overwhelmingly won the war and consolidated its grip on Palestine.
Can Israel be blamed for controlling a land they conquered through war? No, cause in war, everything is fair.

This is no more allowed after the 2nd world war. It's crime against humanity.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by MP3GAGAdotCOM(f): 11:02am On May 16, 2021
God said to Israel "As you advance, I will drive out your enemies from the land i have given you"..
Israel is advancing according to God's promise, No hating bro, Palestine should amend their map for it is written.

7 Likes

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by SenatePresdo(m): 11:02am On May 16, 2021
Bettykeys:

There is a very thin line between Christianity and Judaism.

As a Matter of Fact, Judaism is the closest religion to Christianity.

Is it not the same God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?

Wasn't Jesus Christ a Jew?

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Jack005(m): 11:04am On May 16, 2021
[b][/b]
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

Front page ? To create rancor abi?
I won't say much now, but one of these days I will sit down to cogitate on this conflict between Isreal, Hamas, Palestine, and the rest of the Muslim countries around it.

But come shine come win, I will support Isreal, no matter the causalities Hamas,Gaza will face. This not genocide it's a self defense war, note that !!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Nobody: 11:06am On May 16, 2021
helinues:
Interesting

They said Fulani did same thing in kwara. Is it still interesting?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 11:09am On May 16, 2021
richidinho:
Exactly what Fulani terrorist did in Kwara state and every Muslim in Nigeria were happy

2 wrongs don't make a right.

My problem with Jews is that they are so quick to shout "Antisemitism" if you even dare as much to question state of Israel but are happy enough to discriminate against black people. Just because I have a problem with extreme militant Islam in Nigeria, which is linked to this current Buhari administration, does not mean that I should automatically side with or like the actions of Israel. NO.

We should learn how to compartmentalise things and our emotions. Just like white people have learned to do. That's why you will experience the worst racism from a white person but a fellow white person will strongly (and even violently) denounce the actions of the white racist. Blindly or sheepishly supporting someone or a group just because they are one of yours is just plain stupid, unless you definitely have something important to gain by supporting, which in itself means that your support is not blind but has a reason - Another skill that white people appear to have mastered.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by blues234: 11:14am On May 16, 2021
When your holy Koran confirmes that the land of Palestine is the ancient land of Musa, Suleman, and the people of the Jews.
If not for the Othorman Empire and the British mandate, Palestine wouldn't be what it is today.

6 Likes

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Sipsum: 11:15am On May 16, 2021
Bettykeys:

Everything is wrong with the Jews, even in America they refused immunization. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by Sipsum: 11:22am On May 16, 2021
nnatobryno:

E ma tan ara yin, no wonder Facebook is already deleting incriminating video evidence, of eye witness accounts that are being uploaded.
For the first time in my life, I appreciate the idea of Iran having a nuclear bombs
People sit in their homes, some animals dressed up like police arrived and started shooting them.
Bunch of animals.

1 Like

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by HopeLoveLife: 11:25am On May 16, 2021
Saifullah01:
@lalasticlala front page please let's know history
This is what we call “ Pursue, Overtake and Recover”

I stand with Israel.

4 Likes

Re: The Banner On A Ship Carrying Jewish Refugees To Palestine In 1947 by chubinwa(m): 11:25am On May 16, 2021
Who God don bless no man can course

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

China And Russia Prepare To Accept Taliban Rule Of Afghanistan(Pics) / Mugabe Blasts Nigeria At AU Summit For “Betraying” Africa / Kenyan Football Fans Sexually Assault A Lady Inside Bush (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.