Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,151 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

Toyota Highlander Showing A/T Oil Temperature - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Highlander Showing A/T Oil Temperature (2162 Views)

Pls Is A Temperature Of 90 Degrees Okay For Oil Temperature And Engine Temperatu / My Toyota Highlander Showing This On The Dashboard / Cars Are Melting In Kuwait Due To High Temperature (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Highlander Showing A/T Oil Temperature by bluebella(m): 9:42am On May 16, 2021
Good Day.

My Toyota Highlander 2003 model is showing A/T oil Temperature on the dashboard.
This makes the car not to start.
I was driving and all of a sudden the car lost transmission and came to a halt. It just refused to start.

I want to know from experts before I call in the mechanics to check it.

The transmission oil is guaged.
Engine oil is guaged
Brake fluid is guaged
Re: Toyota Highlander Showing A/T Oil Temperature by kingreign(m): 2:49pm On May 16, 2021
bluebella:
Good Day.

My Toyota Highlander 2003 model is showing A/T oil Temperature on the dashboard.
I was driving and all of a sudden the car lost transmission and came to a halt. It just refused to start.

Engine oil is guaged
Brake fluid is guaged

Your transmission fluid temperature has risen higher than necessary.

If it keep driving, it would damage the transmission. Have it checked and fixed properly before continued use of that car

1 Like

Re: Toyota Highlander Showing A/T Oil Temperature by DMechyy: 7:07am On May 18, 2021
bluebella:
Good Day.

Engine oil is guaged
Brake fluid is guaged

Have you worked on your radiator lately?

Have your mechanic check if the hose from the transmission to the radiator is blocked or has been blocked or wrongly channeled.

Dirty and clogged transmission fluid can make the transmission heat up.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Highlander Showing A/T Oil Temperature by bluebella(m): 11:53am On May 18, 2021
I just did a health check (scan) and these are the scan codes

P1135......Air fuel censor heater circuit(bank 1)
P0171.....System too lean bank 1
P0174.....System too lean bank 2
Re: Toyota Highlander Showing A/T Oil Temperature by DMechyy: 12:16pm On May 18, 2021
bluebella:
I just did a health check (scan) and these are the scan codes

P1135......Air fuel censor heater circuit(bank 1)
P0171.....System too lean bank 1
P0174.....System too lean bank 2

More like it. Your mechanic should check if the fuel pump is delivering while you crank, and the fuel pressure

Or get some fuel, put in the throttle body, tighten back throttle hose, then start. If it starts, you have a fuel pump problem

And this code has nothing to do with yout A/T mil on
Re: Toyota Highlander Showing A/T Oil Temperature by kingreign(m): 7:34pm On May 18, 2021
bluebella:
Good Day.

Engine oil is guaged
Brake fluid is guaged
Which kind of transmission oil do you use pls?
Re: Toyota Highlander Showing A/T Oil Temperature by bluebella(m): 6:38pm On May 19, 2021
@ DMechyy thanks a lot for the information.
The guys that scan the car still told me that it's the fuel pump that is the challenge.

I appreciate everyone for their contributions and recommendations.
I will change the fuel pump.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Disadvantages Of Fixing A Non-factory A/C System In A Car / Pics From The Just Concluded Grills2grills Car Show In Lagos / This Mercedes-maybach 6 Cabriolet Has The Best Interior For 2 (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.