Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,564 members, 7,820,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt (19547 Views)

Court Summons IGP Adamu Over Contempt / Onnoghen: CCT Chair Risks Jail Over Contempt / Shehu Abdullahi: The Implications Of The NBA Rejection Of Justice Tanko As CJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by detectivejones: 11:00am On May 17, 2021
Okay na
Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by Safemoon: 11:00am On May 17, 2021
Nezoorians can you now see why we call this country a zoo? One almajeree amir will sack an elected official.chai zoo who did this to you?
Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by MOVIC6: 11:03am On May 17, 2021
I didn’t call name but it’s very unbelievable to have such idea while we are still crying for one Nigeria.
Truth be told, we are not one and I’m afraid if we can be base on my finding today, Lalala if I were you, I cover my head in shame if this idea came from you.
MOVIC6:
So the owner of nairaland is a norther or a muslim sympathizer, the reason why I should take an oath of what I don’t believe, what a stupendous mediocre of personality and ideology.
If some posts are islam related what of other posts, Christian related which a muslim will always come to bash Christian. Stupid act of nepotism and unregreted and unrepented people. Frustrated to be precise.
Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by RexTramadol1: 11:05am On May 17, 2021
One thing I admire about this Hausas is they don’t joke with their language, even official letter dem Dey use their language write am

If na Yoruba or Igbo na so so grammar
Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by WaffenSS(m): 11:16am On May 17, 2021
longetivity:
Emir dey suspend house of representatives member grin

Suspended from his chieftaincy title, not his seat at the assembly. Reading doesn't hurt, try it.
Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by gbengaadeleye12: 11:17am On May 17, 2021
Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by africandollar: 11:18am On May 17, 2021
Bauchi too dey claim Emirate?! grin We only recognize one Emirate and besides UAE there can be no other.
Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by WaffenSS(m): 11:18am On May 17, 2021
Iyiataata92:
It is good to instill discipline into people and this is a good step.

But since the suspension letter was written in Hausa, it has no business coming to the front page of Nairaland.

The naira in nairaland reflects the national diversity of the forum, you dimwitted bigot.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by tafat: 11:20am On May 17, 2021
politics is a very dirty game
Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by Felixtuta(m): 11:26am On May 17, 2021
Na una sabi
Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by ibechris(m): 11:30am On May 17, 2021
This is how they wanted to run Nigeria...where an Emir would be greater than everybody even if he is wrong.

Very bad.
They use the emir to suppress the poor and the rich. That is why a 30 year old man in the north can not be free from the shackles of religion and secular freedom we enjoy down south.

They have been chained from birth and nothing can change it.
Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by salrab(m): 11:43am On May 17, 2021
He was suspended from his traditional title of "Wakilin Birnin Bauchi" not not suspended from the house of representatives membership.
Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by sonofElElyon: 11:45am On May 17, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I don't see him serving the suspension, I see him using his position as a reps member to fight the emir in court, I see him winning after money changes hands, I see the suspension being revoked. This I have seen.

You are seeing double
Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by sonofElElyon: 11:46am On May 17, 2021
salrab:
He was suspended from his traditional title of "Wakilin Birnin Bauchi" not not suspended from the house of representatives membership.

The headline isn't wrong.. didn't specify the position from which he was suspended...
Played on the likely assumption to catch our attention
Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by Testtest0: 11:53am On May 17, 2021
Nawa o
Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by Proffdada: 12:35pm On May 17, 2021
Another Ganduje in the making
Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by nkemdi89(f): 1:04pm On May 17, 2021
I have worked for this man before.
Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by Kingstanding: 1:43pm On May 17, 2021
rawtouch:
sad

respect for traditional authority is waning
. My question is did he merit the title in the first place or he was given the title because of money?
Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by Goodybagyo1(m): 1:59pm On May 17, 2021
Which one come be suspension? They only stripped him off his Royal title. pass the right message
Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by Yankee101: 4:29pm On May 17, 2021
Una no get work. Na ceremonial clothing be una problem. Feed the hungry in your emirate
Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by tonyson010(m): 7:11pm On May 17, 2021
Fulani used Emirates to subdue hausaland. Cos every traditional ruler in North is under an emir, no matter how big.
Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by observanc1: 8:04pm On May 17, 2021
So hausa language is the lingua franca of "bauchi emirate council"
Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by TotoGame(m): 8:34pm On May 17, 2021
longetivity:
Emir dey suspend house of representatives member grin

Don't be too daft .....the emir suspended his traditional title in the emirate
Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by Thomthom(m): 7:14am On May 18, 2021
My government teacher no teach me this one for school ooo
Re: Yakubu Shehu Abdullahi Suspended By Bauchi Emirate Over Contempt by Nobody: 9:18am On May 18, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I don't see him serving the suspension, I see him using his position as a reps member to fight the emir in court, I see him winning after money changes hands, I see the suspension being revoked. This I have seen.
Not all ppl exchange their respect, dignity for money. Bauchi Emir has high level of integrity. Court can only avert the decision by following the traditional rules, the emir has the power to even dismiss him forever if he try challenging him in court!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Former President Obasanjo Dead Or Alive? / INEC Admits Hitches, Says Lessons Have Been Learnt / Rebuilt After Fire: Zulum Opens Monday Market, Waives Two Years Rent For Traders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.