Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,094 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Have You Ever Been Embarrassed During A Church Service? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Ever Been Embarrassed During A Church Service? (18099 Views)

Yahoo Boys Spray Cash On A Pastor During Church Service / Apostle Suleman Embarrassed In Canada Church Service. Photos / Pastor Anthony Olawale Dies During Mountain Of Fire Church Service In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed During A Church Service? by oluwasegun007(m): 9:31pm On May 30, 2021
The5DME:
is that the thank you I get for correcting an old man who's supposed to know this?

Sorry my son...

Thank you ooo

Did it make you feel berrer
Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed During A Church Service? by Skullano(m): 10:30pm On May 30, 2021
angelfallz:
Why do you take your phone to church?

Does my phone have any business with me listening to the priest or pastor?.

Let's no be churchy over everything abeg.
Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed During A Church Service? by sexysage(m): 12:23am On May 31, 2021
litigator:

Wow! You sure have a dirty mind bro.

Why should I?

That's God's way of reminding me to be thankful for my gbola that can stand at attention at the sight of His beautiful paragon of beauty. Do you know some men cannot even get it up no matter what? Do you know for some men, you have to booth the gbola like a corrupt windows vista (home edition), before it receives life.

And for others, the woman will have to drag the gbola like an old rickety I beta pass my neighbour tiger generator before it generates a shred of weak current?

I see beauty in everything bro. My speciality is to turn situations into testimonies.

Which kain fool be this �����
Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed During A Church Service? by Deejay777(m): 8:56am On May 31, 2021
My own most embarassing moment in church was like 5 years back, a new pastor was just being transferred to our church. This man was very strict about dancing in church, u must dance if u want to drop ur offering.

And I don't like dancing cause I don't know how to and it's usually very funny and embarassing when I try to. So, that very Sunday, I wasn't dancing as usual, the pastor fished me out and like three others, asked d choir to sing for us specially and we should start dancing in the front of the whole church.

We danced for like 20mins but it was like 20yrs, I was just fooling myself in the front of the whole congregation, pple were just laughing anyhow. Ever since that day, I try to at least move my body anytime I'm in church

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed During A Church Service? by angelfallz(m): 9:07am On May 31, 2021
Oh yes it can prevent you from listening to the pastor or priest.

Skullano:

Does my phone have any business with me listening to the priest or pastor?.

Let's no be churchy over everything abeg.
Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed During A Church Service? by jaymichael(m): 9:48am On May 31, 2021
angelfallz:
The bolded,
Bingo!!

Can your tablet access the internet? If it does then the distraction and temptation would still be there.

Anyway its you and your God. But i just wanted to point out that bringing phones or tablets to church despite your intentions, would always leave you distracted, especially when it comes to a part of service you find boring.

I use a SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB with internet capabilities on WIFI or SIM. it has a 4g sim I seldom use. I intentionally leave it on airplane mide as I do most of my work on mobile phone. Sure, there will always be distraction. Even if I don't bring my phone or tablet I may still be just as distracted which I do. But the ushers should know that it is my distraction not theirs. What I take out from Nigerian church services is less than 10% the rest are just meaningless jamboree.
Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed During A Church Service? by Nobody: 10:03am On May 31, 2021
litigator:

I don hear. Thanks.

But can you explain the following passages?

Matthew 21:13
Isaiah 56:7
Luke 19:46 and John 15:25

I will be happy if you can educate my ignorance. I await your response. Thanks

Matthew 21:13: Jesus was talking to Judaists and quoting Jewish scriptures which was relevant to them in tht dispensation. He had not been sacrificed then, which means the law has not been fulfilled then.
Isaiah 56:7 is pertaining to Judaists also. Old dispensation.
Luke 19:46 is same as Matthew 21:13
John 15:25 has no bearing on the point of discussion.
Now, pls study John 4:21-24 and let me know what you understand by the text. God bless you sir.
Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed During A Church Service? by angelfallz(m): 10:05am On May 31, 2021
Which church do you go to?

jaymichael:
I use a SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB with internet capabilities on WIFI or SIM. it has a 4g sim I seldom use. I intentionally leave it on airplane mide as I do most of my work on mobile phone. Sure, there will always be distraction. Even if I don't bring my phone or tablet I may still be just as distracted which I do. But the ushers should know that it is my distraction not theirs. What I take out from Nigerian church services is less than 1% the rest are just meaningless jamboree.
Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed During A Church Service? by Nobody: 10:22am On May 31, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

Matthew 21:13: Jesus was talking to Judaists and quoting Jewish scriptures which was relevant to them in tht dispensation. He had not been sacrificed then, which means the law has not been fulfilled then.
Isaiah 56:7 is pertaining to Judaists also. Old dispensation.
Luke 19:46 is same as Matthew 21:13
John 15:25 has no bearing on the point of discussion.
Now, pls study John 4:21-24 and let me know what you understand by the text. God bless you sir.

I understand your position but then you simply lifted the answer without paying attention to the series of questions. Your position is akin to saying all Muslims to go the Mecca to worship when there is a mosque is in your street.

Or saying all Christians must go to Jerusalem or Rome to worship. Which is not possible.

But have you considered Hebrews 10:25? What's your understanding?
Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed During A Church Service? by stello(f): 3:51pm On May 31, 2021
grin grin
Chris2863:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin this got me rolling on my bed
Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed During A Church Service? by Nobody: 4:19pm On May 31, 2021
litigator:

I understand your position but then you simply lifted the answer without paying attention to the series of questions. Your position is akin to saying all Muslims to go the Mecca to worship when there is a mosque is in your street.

Or saying all Christians must go to Jerusalem or Rome to worship. Which is not possible.

But have you considered Hebrews 10:25? What's your understanding?

"Not forsaking the assembly..." That assembly can be under a mango tree or anywhere. Not necessarily in a building. Jesus said "...when two or three are gathered in my name...". He didn't put any particular location. It's the gathering that matters, and the aim of the gathering. Not the location of the gathering. God bless you sir.
Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed During A Church Service? by Nobody: 5:41pm On May 31, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

"Not forsaking the assembly..." That assembly can be under a mango tree or anywhere. Not necessarily in a building. Jesus said "...when two or three are gathered in my name...". He didn't put any particular location. It's the gathering that matters, and the aim of the gathering. Not the location of the gathering. God bless you sir.

Wow! Obviously, you have not been following my post. The church is a metaphor. "In my father's house, there are many Mansions there"

Is there cement, stone and granite in heaven?

Matthew 6:17-19

…17Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah! For this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by My Father in heaven. 18[b]And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock, I will build My church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it. [/b]19I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”…

Is Simon Peter made of cement, sand, stone and water?

I shall say no more.

I rest.
Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed During A Church Service? by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 6:46pm On May 31, 2021
Vivianagoja:
My pastor slapped me for flying my shirt... imagine ooo
My own shirt again...smh

This one funny me die grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed During A Church Service? by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 31, 2021
litigator:

Wow! Obviously, you have not been following my post. The church is a metaphor. "In my father's house, there are many Mansions there"

Is there cement, stone and granite in heaven?

Matthew 6:17-19

…17Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah! For this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by My Father in heaven. 18[b]And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock, I will build My church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it. [/b]19I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”…

Is Simon Peter made of cement, sand, stone and water?

I shall say no more.

I rest.

Ok. I think I got your point now. God bless you sir.
Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed During A Church Service? by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 01, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

Thank you for the matured conversation.

I learnt from you, and you got me searching for answers too. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed During A Church Service? by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 01, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

Thank you for the mature conversation.

I learnt from you, and you got me searching for answers too. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Embarrassed During A Church Service? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 01, 2021
litigator:

Thank you for the mature conversation.

We thank God sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Arrives New Jersey For "Help From Above" (Photos) / Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: Why The Truth Matters / 10 Famous Christian Martyrs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.