Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Protests In Kaduna Against El-Rufai, Insecurity, Mass Sack, Hunger (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protests In Kaduna Against El-Rufai, Insecurity, Mass Sack, Hunger (Photos) (48397 Views)

Rigasa Residents Protest Against El-Rufai's Bad Governance In Kaduna / Criminal Charges Against Bishop Ogunyemi Over Remarks Against El-Rufai / IDPs Scramble For Food Stuff In Borno Because Of Hunger (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protests In Kaduna Against El-Rufai, Insecurity, Mass Sack, Hunger (Photos) by Awoleesu(m): 1:31pm On May 17, 2021
D1zion:
majority of the protesters there are Christians & very few Muslims who are of the opposition & those who knows the truth & are feeling the hardship.
The boldened... That's where you made sense!
Re: Protests In Kaduna Against El-Rufai, Insecurity, Mass Sack, Hunger (Photos) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:32pm On May 17, 2021
In Reznov voice: Every journey begins with a single step...

This- is step one! Secure the keys!
Now we take- Vorkuta!

What is step 2? Ascend the darkness!

3? Rain fire!
4? Release the hordes!
5? Skewer the winged beast!
6? Wield a fist of iron!
7? Raise hell!
8? Freedom!

1 Like

Re: Protests In Kaduna Against El-Rufai, Insecurity, Mass Sack, Hunger (Photos) by D1zion: 1:34pm On May 17, 2021
Awoleesu:

The boldened... That's where you made sense!
I know what am saying by saying majority. Am in Kaduna, I know what's going on. The hardship is just nothing to talk about.

2 Likes

Re: Protests In Kaduna Against El-Rufai, Insecurity, Mass Sack, Hunger (Photos) by wink2015(m): 1:35pm On May 17, 2021
This is the result of the state overdependence on the federal government for revenue.

States stand to gain a lot of revenue if they forget the federal allocation and work towards generating their own internally generated revenue.

This takes us to the issue of restructuring.

But the core north is bitter against the implementation of restructuring.

They put all their hope on the money coming into the federal purse via crude oil earning.

When the price of crude oil fall everything goes with it.

Now Buhari has embarked on stupendous borrowing spree with a view to building railway lines and establishing trains and rail services.

Only God knows the debt Buhari might have to leave behind for his sucessors by the time he vacate the presidency come 2023.

Nigeria is in big trouble.

What stop Kaduna state from exporting beef products overseas?

What stop Kaduna state from establishing dairy farm?

THE EARLIER NIGERIA IS RESTRUCTURED THE BETTER.

1 Like

Re: Protests In Kaduna Against El-Rufai, Insecurity, Mass Sack, Hunger (Photos) by officialmario(m): 1:35pm On May 17, 2021
Good for them una just dey start.
Re: Protests In Kaduna Against El-Rufai, Insecurity, Mass Sack, Hunger (Photos) by Kingrefreshed: 1:36pm On May 17, 2021
classicben3:
This is so disheartening but they voted for him right? So they should face it simple

And they will vote again is he comes out to contest anything. Their brain nah poto poto!
Re: Protests In Kaduna Against El-Rufai, Insecurity, Mass Sack, Hunger (Photos) by Kingstanding: 1:37pm On May 17, 2021
9icest:
Hell-Rufai for president of the Zoo grin grin
. Don't be surprised if El-Rufai contest for the position of president in 2023 these people will still going to vote for him. I will be the last to feel concern for them. This is what happened in a country where religious and ethnicity rule over competency.

1 Like

Re: Protests In Kaduna Against El-Rufai, Insecurity, Mass Sack, Hunger (Photos) by Awoleesu(m): 1:45pm On May 17, 2021
D1zion:
I know what am saying by saying majority. Am in Kaduna, I know what's going on. The hardship is just nothing to talk about.
My dear, it is everywhere in the country!

A friend called me from another state recently and asked about my location... If I may quote her verbatim; "...money dey flow for una side?"!
Re: Protests In Kaduna Against El-Rufai, Insecurity, Mass Sack, Hunger (Photos) by sdm4christ: 1:48pm On May 17, 2021
classicben3 post=101778270]This is so disheartening but they voted for him right? So they should face it simple

They didn't vote him, he rigged himself in to torment them. I pray God help them.
Re: Protests In Kaduna Against El-Rufai, Insecurity, Mass Sack, Hunger (Photos) by Latvin: 1:49pm On May 17, 2021
Kaduna State is one of the more progressive states in Nigeria. I hear it devotes close to 70% of its budget to fund its capital program. It is one of top5 states with healthy IGR profile. It is quietly refocusing its education sector by professionalising its teaching workforce and it is one of the first states to implemen the N30k minimum wage.

Let's face it, reforms are tough and as a serious govt, you have to take tough decisions to move forward, particularly for a system that has been near comatose for decades. In other words, to make omelette, you have to break eggs. Much of our civil service workforce are unproductive. It is within govt's responsibility to reform that. Block leakages, right size organisations for delivery, cut cost of governance and show leadership through transparently carrying the people along in that vision.

I urge Kaduna State govt to dialogue with workers so they see reason with what govt is trying to do in the overall interest of citizens. Workers through their union leaders should negotiate a worthwhile disengagement package with govt and urge govt to invest in areas of the economy that can create lots of job to absolve disengaged workers and other unemployed citizens of the state.
Re: Protests In Kaduna Against El-Rufai, Insecurity, Mass Sack, Hunger (Photos) by meditator(m): 1:51pm On May 17, 2021
Maxymilliano:

Hope they all have their voter's card to correct the mistake in the next elections
Even if he contests for election in Kaduna today, again, he will win. He's by far the best Governor they've ever had and one of the best in the history of Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protests In Kaduna Against El-Rufai, Insecurity, Mass Sack, Hunger (Photos) by meditator(m): 1:55pm On May 17, 2021
orion7:
Yeye man

Elrufai

Yaya bello

Thiefnūbu

And other fools re people thst will keep rulling this zoo

Biafra I stand
All hail Biafra the online country.
Re: Protests In Kaduna Against El-Rufai, Insecurity, Mass Sack, Hunger (Photos) by meditator(m): 1:56pm On May 17, 2021
FalseProphet1:
El Rufai will be disgraced out of office. This I have seen.
Where did you see it ? Please wake up and stop hallucinating.
Re: Protests In Kaduna Against El-Rufai, Insecurity, Mass Sack, Hunger (Photos) by D1zion: 1:56pm On May 17, 2021
Awoleesu:

My dear, it is everywhere in the country!

A friend called me from another state recently and asked about my location... If I may quote her verbatim; "...money dey flow for una side?"!
this man kept sacking workers unnecessarily without paying them their entitlement, now salaries has not been paid in full to some people while some have not even seen since last month, how can you be working & being a family man then they pay you twenty five thousand, some thirty one.I weep for Nigeria. & pity the Masses.

2 Likes

Re: Protests In Kaduna Against El-Rufai, Insecurity, Mass Sack, Hunger (Photos) by Bahun(m): 1:57pm On May 17, 2021
Where you there when they vote him?
The animal use his power for the second term
classicben3:
This is so disheartening but they voted for him right? So they should face it simple

1 Like

Re: Protests In Kaduna Against El-Rufai, Insecurity, Mass Sack, Hunger (Photos) by ledaman: 2:04pm On May 17, 2021
FalseProphet1:
you should take the lead and do that cheesy
Re: Protests In Kaduna Against El-Rufai, Insecurity, Mass Sack, Hunger (Photos) by Xscape1993(m): 2:07pm On May 17, 2021
lalasticlala:
Protest rocks Kaduna State against Governor El-Rufai's governmet. One of the banners reads:

"Hell Rufai
Stop Poverty, Hunger & Insecurity
Stop The Mass Sack
Respect Workers And Human Rights"

Twitter user, Comr. Steven Kefas @SKefason who shared pictures from the protest on Twitter wrote:

https://twitter.com/SKefason/status/1394245061009870849?s=19
I am not surprise ooo. This is Nigeria where terrorist sympathizers are recognised and celebrated.

1 Like

Re: Protests In Kaduna Against El-Rufai, Insecurity, Mass Sack, Hunger (Photos) by Dpaulie(m): 2:08pm On May 17, 2021
You guys deserve what you've got....hell rufai
Re: Protests In Kaduna Against El-Rufai, Insecurity, Mass Sack, Hunger (Photos) by Reference(m): 2:09pm On May 17, 2021
I am totally with El-Rufai on this one.
Government is simply a burden on the people. A huge, huge burden for that matter, hoovering up almost every penny earned by this country at the Federal/National level and at the Federating States of which El-Rufai must be seeing 'red' figures recurrently.

The sheer cost of government is a big reason why this nation simply CANNOT invest in productivity. Then the big question remains. What is the ROI for typically expending 60, 70, 80 percent of revenue on this 'well deserving 5 percentile'....the best you get in return is PAYE which to the government is like eating food before preparing it....

The real goose that should be laying up treasure for the nation, the private sector in the form of the middle class, blue chips and small businesses struggle with the high cost of staying alive simply because there is no government footprint to its statutory responsibility of infrastructure or a shoulder to lean on in times of economic difficulty. Meanwhile they are required to pay the bulk of taxation and generate the bulk of jobs.

I think it is time we as a nation should get serious and begin to create laws that will limit the amount of resources every tier of government can expend recurrently as a factor of overall earnings with severe penalties for defaulting governments.

1 Like

Re: Protests In Kaduna Against El-Rufai, Insecurity, Mass Sack, Hunger (Photos) by Almaigaa: 2:17pm On May 17, 2021
9icest:
Hell-Rufai for president of the Zoo grin grin

El Rufai will become the first President of Biafra, when the North finaly gives them independence. grin grin grin

Re: Protests In Kaduna Against El-Rufai, Insecurity, Mass Sack, Hunger (Photos) by OpinionCounts(m): 2:18pm On May 17, 2021
classicben3:

Can we just stop using this line.
So everyone in Kaduna voted for El-Rufai?

In same vein I can also say you should enjoy buhari's rulership and never complain because you voted for him just because he won in a country you are a citizen of.

What if the people protesting are the people that didn't believe he will make a good governor and so didn't vote for him? The 5percenters like your president calls them. Except you are assuming El-Rufai scored 100/100 of all the votes cast in Kaduna.

Come to think of it, do you truly believe it is your votes that produce your rulers? If it were truly so, do you think Buhari would have returned for a second tenure? Or you think Hope Uzodinma would have been the governor of imo state? Or yahaya Bello would have returned as governor of kogi state?

Allow people to air their displeasure my brother.

1 Like

Re: Protests In Kaduna Against El-Rufai, Insecurity, Mass Sack, Hunger (Photos) by Latvin: 2:24pm On May 17, 2021
Reference:
I am totally with El-Rufai on this one.
Government is simply a burden on the people. A huge, huge burden for that matter, hoovering up almost every penny earned by this country at the Federal/National level and at the Federating States of which El-Rufai must be seeing 'red' figures recurrently.

The sheer cost of government is a big reason why this nation simply CANNOT invest in productivity. Then the big question remains. What is the ROI for typically expending 60, 70, 80 percent of revenue on this 'well deserving 5 percentile'....the best you get in return is PAYE which to the government is like eating food before preparing it....

The real goose that should be laying up treasure for the nation, the private sector in the form of the middle class, blue chips and small businesses struggle with the high cost of staying alive simply because there is no government footprint to its statutory responsibility of infrastructure or a shoulder to lean on in times of economic difficulty. Meanwhile they are required to pay the bulk of taxation and generate the bulk of jobs.

I think it is time we as a nation should get serious and begin to create laws that will limit the amount of resources every tier of government can expend recurrently as a factor of overall earnings with severe penalties for defaulting governments.

Completely agree. We should get serious in this country. However, govt has to come to the table with clean and transparent hands, roll up its sleeves and ready to deliver the goods to gain the trust of the people
Re: Protests In Kaduna Against El-Rufai, Insecurity, Mass Sack, Hunger (Photos) by gidjah(m): 2:31pm On May 17, 2021
Was born in kad but left for better fays.My patents hardly complain but for my dad to join in this protest ...I t denotes Hell Rufai has killed the structure if the state all-round. That state use to be economically buoyant and full of prospects before ....Buy Alas!!!
Re: Protests In Kaduna Against El-Rufai, Insecurity, Mass Sack, Hunger (Photos) by gotnel: 2:33pm On May 17, 2021
The labour leaders should apply more wisdom on this issue.
El Rufai should see reasons why he must review the labour's demands
Re: Protests In Kaduna Against El-Rufai, Insecurity, Mass Sack, Hunger (Photos) by MrMurdah: 2:42pm On May 17, 2021
classicben3:

You clearly don't know anything about northern politics do you?

To make such a generalized statement.
Re: Protests In Kaduna Against El-Rufai, Insecurity, Mass Sack, Hunger (Photos) by AngelicBeing: 2:44pm On May 17, 2021
starbuck:
I don't interfere in family matters undecided undecided

I am still battling with mine
Hahaha, Lol, Una go kill person with laugh for Nairaland.com, Na real family matter, let them enjoy the useless government they voted for cheesy

1 Like

Re: Protests In Kaduna Against El-Rufai, Insecurity, Mass Sack, Hunger (Photos) by garfield1: 2:48pm On May 17, 2021
FalseProphet1:

What of ikpeazu

1 Like

Re: Protests In Kaduna Against El-Rufai, Insecurity, Mass Sack, Hunger (Photos) by Splitmind: 2:48pm On May 17, 2021
Paid PDP urchins have come to destabilise Kaduna, it will not work!

El-Rufai has done excellently well in all respects, haters just want to block his shine.

Haters should find work instead of wasting their time carrying cardboard in the streets.
Re: Protests In Kaduna Against El-Rufai, Insecurity, Mass Sack, Hunger (Photos) by WakeNbaked: 2:57pm On May 17, 2021
Awoleesu:
Omo see Dangote in the second pix!

Guy jus dey hustle him Dabino business dey go...

Nothing concern capitalist... grin
That's why most capitalists are psychopaths.

1 Like

Re: Protests In Kaduna Against El-Rufai, Insecurity, Mass Sack, Hunger (Photos) by Teejay13(m): 2:59pm On May 17, 2021
So the way this man is doing, is that how he plans to rule come 2023?

That means hungry will kill many Nigerians then.

This man call el rufai is more like a devil incanate.

What I know is that this too shall pass
!
Re: Protests In Kaduna Against El-Rufai, Insecurity, Mass Sack, Hunger (Photos) by Ladiesdoctor(m): 2:59pm On May 17, 2021
classicben3:

Oh my gosh!
Tell me, which APC candidate won the 2019 elections.

Just name one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu Should Have Been Poisoned By His Wife - Apostle Kassy Chuckwu (Video) / Uzodinma: Aggrieved Politicians Responsible For The Insecurity In Imo State / FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.