Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn (48368 Views)

Environment Ministry Terminates N9.2bn Clean Cook Stove Contract / FG Begins Distribution Of N5bn Clean Cooking Stoves: Leadership News / Fg To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2mn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Omooba77: 2:39pm On Nov 26, 2014
The Federal Executive Council on Wednesday approved the purchase of N9.2billion worth of clean cook stoves and wonder bags for rural women under the National Clean Cooking Scheme.

Wonder bag is a non-electric slow cooker invented by Sarah Collins, ‎a south African eco-entreprenuer, who came up with the idea six years ago during a power cut, when she decided to keep her dinner cooking by surrounding the pan with cushions.

The council also awarded a contract of N60.9billion to an indigenous firm, KaKatar CE Limited, for the provision of engineering infrastructure for Kyami District, Zone C, Abuja.

Supervising Minister of Information, Dr. Nurudeen Muhammed; Minister of Environment, Mrs. Lawrecia Mallam; and Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Senator Bala Muhammed, briefed State House correspondents at the end of the meeting presided over by Vice President Namadi Sambo.

Muhammed said the N9.2billion inclusive of Value Added Tax was approved for the procurement of 750,000 units of clean cook stove and 18,000 wonder bags.

He said the stoves are expected to be delivered by Messrs Integra Renewable Energy Services Limited within a period of 12 weeks.

He noted that the stoves which will be assembled locally, will provide jobs to Nigerians among other benefits.

The minister said, “The National Clean Cooking Scheme is an aggressive drive to engender clean cooking culture amongst the poor rural women, to reduce and possibly eliminate cooking with solid fossil which is detrimental to health.

“The scheme is expected to provide 20 million clean stoves over a five-year period at the rate of four million stoves yearly which will be distributed without charge.

“It will also reduce incessant felling of trees which exposes the country to ecological problems.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-to-buy-cooking-stoves-with-n9-2bn/

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Elcemento(m): 2:52pm On Nov 26, 2014
The headline is misleading. angry angry Nice one from the Govt.

CHECK OUT MY SIGNATURE!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by santuse: 2:56pm On Nov 26, 2014
Please how is the stove going to be shared?

15 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by dregmaster: 3:01pm On Nov 26, 2014
Oga Sambo wey my own share of the contract now?

You can checkout this props:
https://www.nairaland.com/1941142/

8 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by phlemzy: 3:11pm On Nov 26, 2014
I fear o....All my mind went to before was mama Piss cooking stove!

2 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by horpe132(m): 3:15pm On Nov 26, 2014
.....WHEN THE HEAD IS ROTTEN.......

Nigeria Economy is in Trouble................But sheybi they said Okonjo Iwela has PHD in Econs,,,,,,,,Can't she advise the FG that that Stove will/can never be well maintained by the target population................& that importation of everything is not good for us especially now d@ the dollar is murdering the Naira .........Those Stove are gona be imported From South Africa & Assembled here..........................When did FG start sharing STOVE ?......What happened to making our GAS affordable and accessible to those in the rural areas ?.................................Must we import ?.......Must we waste money ??..........Now how will those in the rural areas maintain this new technology when its even hard 4 them to maintain the conventional kerosene stove...................FG needs Deliverance !!!!

387 Likes 53 Shares

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by donmalcolm21(m): 3:19pm On Nov 26, 2014
This is a government that its policy affect everybody, employment will be provided and the stoves will be distributed for free. Ride on GeJ you are my ROBIN HOOD

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by omenka(m): 3:27pm On Nov 26, 2014
Even in the face of dwindling revenues, this government just can't put an end to its squandermania. Stoves for 9Billion and you say Jonathan knows how to run an economy!! I guess when the cloud of this shiitstorm they are gathering breaks and starts to rain, they wouldn't go looking for whom to blame.

This is just madness.

211 Likes 14 Shares

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by jamace(m): 3:27pm On Nov 26, 2014
Haba OP, your choice of topic has anti-Govt tone. Maybe you think stove na stove after all. grin But know that this stove is a special one, highly environmental friendly.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by laurel03(m): 3:30pm On Nov 26, 2014
9ja leaders stealing since 1999... how much come be 1 stove?? i blv dt 1day bush meat will still catch d hunter... tired of ds otuoke man we just need change but not PDP in APC oo eg Atiku dt use 2billion to buy bread during all africa game (COJA).. God save our land

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by micklplus(m): 3:37pm On Nov 26, 2014
Stove of Life!
I hope this stove wont cook people's destiny? LOL

I shake my yansh for this government!!!! These leaders are as useless as busted tyre in a desert.

Stomach infrastructure has now gone large scale

Edited:1 billion budget for Gucci rice and N9.2B stove to cook it!!!!!! grin

74 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by IleIfe2(m): 3:45pm On Nov 26, 2014
HAh!!! Sopona ni yo pa gbogbo yin ni Abuja. 9.2 Bn fun Stove. E beru olorun o! hah!

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 26, 2014
Jona na wa

6 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 26, 2014
9.2bn naira to import something and naira has just been devalued! why cant they commision an understudy of that project and see how we can produce it locally, of course with improvement and collaboration of the inventor!

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by BRAV0O(m): 4:31pm On Nov 26, 2014
Yeh! Aye mi o. / shocked \ wetin mama pees wan cook this tym

grin

11 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by sammieguze(m): 4:49pm On Nov 26, 2014
So wake me up when this is over..... Am wiser though.

Assuming both stove and wonder pack costs the same, cost of production per unit is 9200000000/768000=11979. Approx 12,000.

Now i wonder what a barely literate rural woman wants with such a stove when some could barely even afford a meal.

Anyway... People like my grandmother will catalogue it is her antique wardrobe for her grandsons yet unborn.

And again, i wonder whats rocket science in stove development that design can't be given to undergraduates while development outsourced to local fabricators.

Anyway, A leopard doesn't shed its spots.

Once clueless, always clueless until Jesus comes back again.

***MODIFIED***

BY SAYING STOVE, I HOPE TO HEAVENS THEY DON'T MEAN KEROSENE STOVES.

IF YES, THEN PLEASE TELL GEJ TO POCKET HIS STOVE COZ IT IS LIKE PUTTING THE CART BEFORE THE HORSE OR.... WHERE AND HOW DO YOU EXPECT THOSE WOMEN TO SHELL OUT MONEY FOR N150 PER LITER KEROSENE? THAT'S EVEN IF THEY ARE LUCKY TO GET IT AT FILLING STATIONS.

MTCHEE.... CLUELESSNESS REDEFINED

100 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by ypzilanti: 4:53pm On Nov 26, 2014
Somebody wake me when this clueless govt is gone. Its a bazaar I guess. Belt tightening ni belt tightening ko

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 26, 2014
Campaign mobilisation at the grassroot level is now on.

Mediocrity now celebrated in Nigeria with official approval.

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Yeske2(m): 5:42pm On Nov 26, 2014
With fall in revenue, these guys still depleting what is left to bribe the masses, I give up.

14 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Ovamboland(m): 6:37pm On Nov 26, 2014
Countless stove and efficient cooking methods has been prototype by numerous indigenous companies, Addis Engineering, Techo-Quip, Advance -Tech and countless Nigerian fabricators and so many similar projects in polytechnics and universities.
Yet this clueless government will splash 9bn Naira to enrich the South African economy and leave our own designers, fabicators, and craftmen unappreciated.
What is in a stove? you can call a design contest by giving out specifications e.g design a stove that will use 50% less fuel ans produce 40% more heat and give out 95% less smoke. Same way US government will give specifications to it's defense contractors like produce fither planes that can active 100,000 Ft ceiling, top speed of mach 5 and range of 3000 miles while consuming 30% less fuel.

We know it is campaign material for PDP paid for by the FG, but is it too much to make it count? Call like 10 fabricator firms, attach a proffessor and researchers to each firm, give them matching grant of like 10 million naira, and 6 months time and see the wonder that will be produced plus the knowledge and know-how that will be resident in-country. The best 1 or 2 designs will then be standard specification to be masses produced by fabricators all over the country.That knowledge spurned by foresight will be available to develop other simple devices.
We keep displaying the fact that we are clueless people and are not hungry for development. I am sure even Ghana or Benin Republic will not throw away it's money like that.

Then 18000 wonder bags?! are we real ?

180 Likes 25 Shares

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by johnmartus(m): 7:39pm On Nov 26, 2014
Hey look at how this useless man lavish our money the stove that will not well distributed. I also perceive that jonathan want to use that opportunity to win the heart of innocet people in the rural area because of 2015 general election you will see jonathan image in that stove

42 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Ozonna(m): 8:24pm On Nov 26, 2014
This is shameful embarassed .

21 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Dibiachukwu: 8:30pm On Nov 26, 2014
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by pauloftarsus(m): 8:43pm On Nov 26, 2014
Lool grin grin

2 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by kadas01(m): 9:04pm On Nov 26, 2014
I was expecting that the use of stove would be phased out!

3 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by adadadon(m): 9:20pm On Nov 26, 2014
Invest in efficient use of gas instead of this trash

5 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Ishilove: 2:45am On Nov 27, 2014
Lol. I too must apply for free stove

3 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by BruzMoney(m): 2:45am On Nov 27, 2014
grin

98 Likes 9 Shares

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by adebrave1(m): 2:45am On Nov 27, 2014
National Clean Cooking Scheme. Another scheme for money looting, like they said sometimes ago about buying phones for Farmers.

Nigeria I hail thee =D =D

13 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Nobody: 2:47am On Nov 27, 2014
Okay cool.
Let's see.

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by abbakacici: 2:47am On Nov 27, 2014
Campaign money

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Fayose: Humiliation Of Tinubu Is A Humiliation Of The Yoruba Race / Zinat Abebi Omotowo Is Dead! MC Oluomo's Mother Dies / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To #EndSARS Campaign On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.