Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,310 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

What Is The Work Of God? How Do I Do God's Work?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Work Of God? How Do I Do God's Work?? (164 Views)

Do GOD's prophets ever teach/prophesies lies? / PA Ikhide Ikheloa: The Bible Is A Work Of Fiction, Africans Open Your Eyes / What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Work Of God? How Do I Do God's Work?? by ChristisGod: 2:38pm On May 17, 2021
So what is the work of God? How can I do Gods work?

The Jews asked Jesus this question in the Bible

[28]Then they said to Him, “What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?”

John 6:28

Below is what the Lord Jesus told them:

Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”
John 6:29

You see, believing in JESUS is the work of God; Halleluyah
Re: What Is The Work Of God? How Do I Do God's Work?? by sonmvayina(m): 2:54pm On May 17, 2021
Just obey his commandments....and do good to your fellow human being...
Re: What Is The Work Of God? How Do I Do God's Work?? by GeneralDae: 4:00pm On May 17, 2021
ChristisGod:

[28]Then they said to Him, “What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?”

Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”

To believe in Jesus doesn't mean you should believe in doctrines about him. It simply means you should trust him enough to obey his teachings and even be ready to die for them.
It is simple enough to just believe he was messaiah sent by God and hence carry your cross and follow, that is all.
You don't have to subscribe to virgin birth, trinity, and stuff like that.
Re: What Is The Work Of God? How Do I Do God's Work?? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:13pm On May 17, 2021
The work of God!

YES! It involves believing in Jesus but you have to engage in the work Jesus also did.
I'm Maximus one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES if you want to know more just respond "YES" and i'll show you the work Jesus engaged in that all those who truly appreciate him must also join in doing! Matthew 20:1-16 smiley
Re: What Is The Work Of God? How Do I Do God's Work?? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:18pm On May 17, 2021
ChristisGod:

And how do you live on Jesus? Or put in another way, how do you Be - living - on Jesus?

Which further means that you know Jesus very very well, so do you?

I do not think you do, if not you would not have rejoiced at the word be - live -on, for you would have known what that meant and entails since you know Him!
Re: What Is The Work Of God? How Do I Do God's Work?? by Kobojunkie: 8:11pm On May 17, 2021
ChristisGod:

You do God's work by believing Jesus Christ in all He said, did and commanded. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Tempted At The Wilderness / Glitz And Glamour As Popular Nollywood Veterans Singers Storm Iginla’s Birthday / Is Your Family Falling Out? These 6 Astrological Remedies Can Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.