Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,712 members, 7,831,230 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Is This Actually The Right Time For A Teenager To Start Dating? At 18? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is This Actually The Right Time For A Teenager To Start Dating? At 18? (676 Views)

Help - I'm About To Start Dating Two Sisters (accidentally) At The Same Time. / Someone Said I Look Like A Teenager, But I'm 27 - PHOTOS / Guy Takes The Virginity Of A Teenager, Calls Her "Cheap Slut", Shares Their Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Actually The Right Time For A Teenager To Start Dating? At 18? by MadeINchenzen2: 3:45pm On May 17, 2021
In my opinion I think the 18 year tag that marks adulthood for teenagers is pretty too early. This concept was introduce by the westerners (first world) as a part of a culture they want to live by, and this way of living was imported to Africa by Africans, without Africans redefining it for themselves. It's all line and sinker.

i.e in the U.S a child of 18+ can keep relationships as well as take alcohol.

In my take, I believe a boy or girl in Africa is still pretty too naive and juvenile @ 18 going by our cultures and traditions as Africans. Though I can also say it is relative depending on different variable factors such as upbringing, environment, intelligence, exposure and more....

That's just my thought. What do u think?

Cc:

Rocktation

Farano

Mynd44

Lalasticlala

Re: Is This Actually The Right Time For A Teenager To Start Dating? At 18? by Harrynight(m): 3:47pm On May 17, 2021
grin

Op I agree with u a 100% on this
Re: Is This Actually The Right Time For A Teenager To Start Dating? At 18? by Kriss216: 3:48pm On May 17, 2021
MadeINchenzen2:
In my opinion I think the 18 year tag that marks the adulthood for teenagers is pretty too early. This concept were introduce by the westerners as a culture, and it was imported to Africa without Africans redefining it for themselves. It's all line and sinker.
Maybe they should start dating when they turn to Evening newspaper.
Re: Is This Actually The Right Time For A Teenager To Start Dating? At 18? by MadeINchenzen2: 3:53pm On May 17, 2021
Kriss216:

Maybe they should start dating when they turn to Evening newspaper.

huh?

Is that how how u see it?
Re: Is This Actually The Right Time For A Teenager To Start Dating? At 18? by MadeINchenzen2: 4:02pm On May 17, 2021
Harrynight:
grin

yeah bro
Re: Is This Actually The Right Time For A Teenager To Start Dating? At 18? by okoroemeka(m): 6:23pm On May 17, 2021
Harrynight:
grin

an 18 years girl in Nigeria naive?pls what part of Nigeria do you live? because we're I live ,girls maturity is judged by the size of the breastss and radius of hips, not age,if the boobs are big enough to press it will attract pressors from far and wide and unfortunately the law of probability will kick in,out of 10 potential toasters she will see 1 that she will like and that one will be given carte blanche access to the garden of Eden.
Re: Is This Actually The Right Time For A Teenager To Start Dating? At 18? by MadeINchenzen2: 6:59pm On May 17, 2021
okoroemeka:
an 18 years girl in Nigeria naive?pls what part of Nigeria do you live? because we're I live ,girls maturity is judged by the size of the breastss and radius of hips, not age,if the boobs are big enough to press it will attract pressors from far and wide and unfortunately the law of probability will kick in,out of 10 potential toasters she will see 1 that she will like and that one will be given carte blanche access to the garden of Eden.
I need to finish my masters before I can return to this comment and understand it.grin
Re: Is This Actually The Right Time For A Teenager To Start Dating? At 18? by shege45: 8:07pm On May 17, 2021
MadeINchenzen2:
In my opinion I think the 18 year tag that marks adulthood for teenagers is pretty too early. This concept was introduce by the westerners (first world) as a part of a culture they want to live by, and this way of living was imported to Africa by Africans, without Africans redefining it for themselves. It's all line and sinker.

In my take, I believe a boy or girl in Africa is still pretty too naive and juvenile @ 18 going by our cultures and traditions as Africans. Though I can also say it is relative depending on different variable factors such as upbringing, environment, intelligence, exposure and more....

Cc:

Rocktation

Farano

Mynd44

Lalasticlala

So na this one be your problem?
Re: Is This Actually The Right Time For A Teenager To Start Dating? At 18? by Ordinarybob: 8:12pm On May 17, 2021
MadeINchenzen2:

Cc:

Rocktation

Farano

Mynd44

Lalasticlala

At 18 it goes way beyond that just imagine a guy of 25 still doesn't know his left from right
Re: Is This Actually The Right Time For A Teenager To Start Dating? At 18? by Stephenmoka4(m): 9:57pm On May 17, 2021
18 years is legal age, adult is depending on being.
Re: Is This Actually The Right Time For A Teenager To Start Dating? At 18? by paulolee(m): 11:25pm On May 17, 2021
18 is d legal age but some don de kpansh tirelessly before dt 18 self..
Re: Is This Actually The Right Time For A Teenager To Start Dating? At 18? by Propheticdavid: 11:49pm On May 17, 2021
in d true sense of dating,there is no age barier to dating..why?dating means friendship with the opposite sex..so you befriend anyone right from nursery school..problem of todays society is that they practise romance and call it dating...so by todays definition of dating 18 is okay.
Re: Is This Actually The Right Time For A Teenager To Start Dating? At 18? by MadeINchenzen2: 5:07am On May 18, 2021
Propheticdavid:
in d true sense of dating,there is no age barier to dating..why?dating means friendship with the opposite sex..so you befriend anyone right from nursery school..problem of todays society is that they practise romance and call it dating...so by todays definition of dating 18 is okay.
Have u checked the dictionary meaning of dating or u want to give a new meaning to it?

(1) (Reply)

Is There Any Reason Why We Shouldn't Have A Best Friend / Hottest WHATSAPP GROUP (18+) / Erotic Photo Selfies Challenge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.