Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,640 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:58 AM

Abidemi Rufai Arrested In New York For Defrauding Washington State - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Abidemi Rufai Arrested In New York For Defrauding Washington State (35767 Views)

US Court Jails Abidemi Rufai Five Years For $2.4million Fraud / Abidemi Rufai Pleads Guilty To Massive Pandemic Fraud In USA / He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abidemi Rufai Arrested In New York For Defrauding Washington State by jaxxy(m): 12:41pm On May 18, 2021
traihit:

You see this fight for restructuring by governors, it's just part A. If it is achieved, we will still need another restructuring for LGAs, maybe by then, government can become an institution we can hold accountable because it'll be easier to go and shoe your LG chairman pepper than a state governor but currently, greed has eaten too deep into our system and this is made manifest in nowhere more than in government.

Yes I think the system is inherently/currently faulty and that’s why there no accountability anywhere. It needs to be reviewed and corrected.
Re: Abidemi Rufai Arrested In New York For Defrauding Washington State by tnerro1(m): 12:42pm On May 18, 2021
Na this kind useless people they make dem Dey look u corner eye for abroad when you bring out cash to pay for something big. I remember I wanted to buy something in a store and I brought out a huge wad of dollars , the oyibo lady and man just dey look me corner eye , dey ask if I no fit pay with my credit card.
Re: Abidemi Rufai Arrested In New York For Defrauding Washington State by Adedapo57: 12:52pm On May 18, 2021
olatuns2017:

Mumu
Do u know Igboho is a criminal?
Political thug?
Or you forget that some months back he was a fighting for PDP in kogi?
Stop deceiving your brain?
Ighoho is a Yahoo thug

Political revolution
Restructuring and Regional system of Govt are feasible before 2023 anything else is mirage!

Get your PCV and fight for regional system of govt bfor 2023

Igbos will never talk to region system of govt because they can't Govern themselves
i guess he’s changed now at least he’s fighting a just cause and if you feel he’s not worth it you can pick it up from where he stoped mr saint
Re: Abidemi Rufai Arrested In New York For Defrauding Washington State by ellizy(m): 12:53pm On May 18, 2021
I fear who doesn’t fear his guy, amid the disasters going on around the world, he still used the opportunity to defraud dying people their relief benefit... Even if not jailed, he has brought curse upon himself...
Make una pity young Nigerians going to abroad for legitimate reasons...

3 Likes

Re: Abidemi Rufai Arrested In New York For Defrauding Washington State by calaharry: 12:56pm On May 18, 2021
NIGERAI YOUTHS NEEDS SERIOUS REDEMPTION FROM DEMONIC SPIRIT OF FRAUD AND GREED BEQUEATHED ON THEM BY EVIL POLITICIANS THESE DAYS.
DESPITE BEEN A GOV AID HE IS STILL NOT CONTENTED,GOD HAVE MERCY cry

2 Likes

Re: Abidemi Rufai Arrested In New York For Defrauding Washington State by AKWATGOLD1(m): 1:06pm On May 18, 2021
Hon. Rufai welcome to American prison four wall with your greed.
Re: Abidemi Rufai Arrested In New York For Defrauding Washington State by 9jaRealist: 1:07pm On May 18, 2021
>
When you see folks like this defrauding the US with its many fraud-detection systems in place, you can only imagine what they are doing inside political and government offices in Nigeria, where they are weak or non-existent systems in place.

Little wonder we have people with criminal histories or indictments holding public offices in Nigeria - James Ibori (convicted for petty crime in the UK before becoming Governor), Late Senator Kashamu (indicted as a drug lord in the US, and fought extradition to go “clear his name” until he died), and Jagaban Tinubu (who had several suspicious bank accounts forfeited by court order in the US).
>

2 Likes

Re: Abidemi Rufai Arrested In New York For Defrauding Washington State by Ayobami7(m): 1:12pm On May 18, 2021
Ok na wa ooo
Re: Abidemi Rufai Arrested In New York For Defrauding Washington State by 9jaRealist: 1:17pm On May 18, 2021
JooEeL:
ENYIN OMO OODUA, SHEY E N GBO MI?

Our political (mis) leaders are just as evil as their counterparts in the North. All the assault and attempt on Igboho's life, from the burning of his house, to the assassination attempt on both the Ibadan highway and of recent his abode, as well as on his mom's are all orchestrated by the same beasts some of you say 'E ma bu awon baba wa, kini kan, kini kan...'

These (mis) leaders are beasts which is why they've been gambling with your lives ever since, allowing Fulani killers to make inroads into the south unabated, and as well as selling the gold, oil, tin and timber on our land to Chinese and British contractors. All of these (mis) leaders, including the kings, chiefs... to the highest stool... and all that rubbish are all in it. Or have you people forgotten so soon that it was the same useless kings that sold us off during the slave trade era? All of a sudden, some centuries later, you think they have your best interest at heart?

E ma tan ara nyin. These are hardened criminals. The rain of revolution will soon start and once it starts, you should already have them identified. Join the Revolution train NOW!!! cool

grin grin grin
grin grin grin

Abegi, this is no time for comedy...smh
>

1 Like

Re: Abidemi Rufai Arrested In New York For Defrauding Washington State by djon78(m): 1:25pm On May 18, 2021
Anything fraud, scam, illicit drugs and other financial quick money doesn't pay on the long run

I am amazed how people give themselves to such

The money will never satisfy or be enough for the ones involved in it and they will continue doing it till the law catches up with them

But labouring by your sweat and skills pays for a very long time
You get better, improve and grow to a greater heights with time

You learn how to manage invest and grow your money
You also learn how to manage, invest and grow your person

Young people
Don't put hand into scam, frauds or drugs business
Develop yourself
Start small
Improve and grow

Don't look at those flashing wealth around you now
Once it's illicit
It will not last
Be patient
No matter what you are going through
Work hard
And soon you will see where you are has so much improved

I am talking from experience

2 Likes

Re: Abidemi Rufai Arrested In New York For Defrauding Washington State by LockDown69(m): 1:28pm On May 18, 2021
With this type of stories, my quest and opportunity to leave this country keeps shrinking day by day because of new laws and policies they will impose on Nigeria. Haba Naija! *Puts hands on head.
Re: Abidemi Rufai Arrested In New York For Defrauding Washington State by Segzy19: 1:31pm On May 18, 2021
No sentiments!

Try him and let him do his full time in prison.
Recover or seize all his ill-gotten wealth and assets...
Re: Abidemi Rufai Arrested In New York For Defrauding Washington State by seyz91(m): 1:37pm On May 18, 2021
grin
GOFRONT:
Senior yahooman.....

Set awon Invictus, Hushpuppi and Mompha
Re: Abidemi Rufai Arrested In New York For Defrauding Washington State by seyz91(m): 1:38pm On May 18, 2021
grin
Engrjamjam:
Yahoo politicians

1 Like

Re: Abidemi Rufai Arrested In New York For Defrauding Washington State by Eriokanmi: 1:38pm On May 18, 2021
Bunch of criminals ruling Nigeria. He must have been recommended by tinubu for governor Abiodun. Tinubu get them plenti.
SHIOOR!
Re: Abidemi Rufai Arrested In New York For Defrauding Washington State by everyoung12: 1:43pm On May 18, 2021
God bless � America, God bless the United State
Re: Abidemi Rufai Arrested In New York For Defrauding Washington State by desmond2pk: 2:12pm On May 18, 2021
Nobody us dragging his tribe in to this. But let it be an emeka
Re: Abidemi Rufai Arrested In New York For Defrauding Washington State by Edyice: 2:30pm On May 18, 2021
Apc has carried their ways of stealing abroad ; cheesy this one thought he’s in Nigeria grin
Re: Abidemi Rufai Arrested In New York For Defrauding Washington State by Akharmony: 2:35pm On May 18, 2021
Him time don reach. Even God Elohim no like greed.
Re: Abidemi Rufai Arrested In New York For Defrauding Washington State by DedeNkem: 2:41pm On May 18, 2021
Nigerian politicians are crooks!
Re: Abidemi Rufai Arrested In New York For Defrauding Washington State by Tdotbluejays: 2:46pm On May 18, 2021
GOFRONT:
Senior yahooman.....

Set awon Invictus, Hushpuppi and Mompha
You forgot electronic money and Churchill. With all their money, these guys would never visit the US except the foolish ones like Invictus.
Re: Abidemi Rufai Arrested In New York For Defrauding Washington State by Tdotbluejays: 2:47pm On May 18, 2021
Phred1717:
Nigeria home of swindlers, from the Government to the appointees, even their supporters have been swindle
Even the kings e.g. the Oluwo that was caught on tape by his ex-wife confessing to yahoo boy activities.
Re: Abidemi Rufai Arrested In New York For Defrauding Washington State by poiZon: 3:01pm On May 18, 2021
Will auntea abike dabiri comment on this?
Will love to hear her speak
Re: Abidemi Rufai Arrested In New York For Defrauding Washington State by Phred1717: 3:26pm On May 18, 2021
Tdotbluejays:

Even the kings e.g. the Oluwo that was caught on tape by his ex-wife confessing to yahoo boy activities.
Ah! I no call names oo
Re: Abidemi Rufai Arrested In New York For Defrauding Washington State by Princewill1(m): 3:41pm On May 18, 2021
A whole lot of Yahoo boys in Nigeria are so so dumb, I wonder how the manage to get the brain to defraud in the first place.

Once you have stolen up to a certain amount thru BEC or other wire frauds from these advanced countries especially USA, common sense should have told you that there is an ongoing investigation to that effect which could last forever and that avoiding such country and any country that maintains extradition treaty with her is a must.

Hushpuppy, Otunba Cash and Investus made this same mistake. Na amateurs full for organized crime in Nigeria. When it comes to organized crime just respect Russians and Latin Americans they're are the real OGs. Nigerians are learners.
Re: Abidemi Rufai Arrested In New York For Defrauding Washington State by naptu2: 4:13pm On May 18, 2021
Princewill1:
A whole lot of Yahoo boys in Nigeria are so so dumb, I wonder how the manage to get the brain to defraud in the first place.

Once you have stolen up to a certain amount thru BEC or other wire frauds from these advanced countries especially USA, common sense should have told you that there is an ongoing investigation to that effect which could last forever and that avoiding such country and any country that maintains extradition treaty with her is a must.

Hushpuppy, Otunba Cash and Investus made this same mistake. Na amateurs full for organized crime in Nigeria. When it comes to organized crime just respect Russians and Latin Americans they're are the real OGs. Nigerians are learners.

Lanre Shittu.
Re: Abidemi Rufai Arrested In New York For Defrauding Washington State by Easy2K: 4:21pm On May 18, 2021
Re: Abidemi Rufai Arrested In New York For Defrauding Washington State by Princewill1(m): 4:39pm On May 18, 2021
naptu2:

Lanre Shittu.
I miss that...ok thanks
Re: Abidemi Rufai Arrested In New York For Defrauding Washington State by HRMK: 5:55pm On May 18, 2021
I BEG,I WAN KNO,IF HIM DON 4GET SAY HIM DON WIRE DOLLARS OR WETIN MAKE AM GO BAK AMERICA WEY DEM COME ARREST AM SELF?ME,I JUST DEY WONDA OOOH.....
Re: Abidemi Rufai Arrested In New York For Defrauding Washington State by Ndipe(m): 6:49pm On May 18, 2021
Serves him right.
Re: Abidemi Rufai Arrested In New York For Defrauding Washington State by naptu2: 6:59pm On May 18, 2021
Princewill1:
I miss that...ok thanks

Lanre Shittu was a famous car dealer in the late 1980s and 1990s. He lived in Lagos, Nigeria. The US DEA had requested for his extradition to the US in the year 2000. He was arrested by the NDLEA and there was an extradition hearing in Abuja. He was out on bail.

Then one day, while he was in traffic in Lagos, NDLEA and other Nigerian security officials, along with US DEA officials, stopped his car, arrested him and bundled him straight to Murtala Muhammed Airport. He was flown to the US to stand trial.

His lawyer complained at the next court hearing. He said that Lanre Shittu was kidnapped and illegally extradited to the US, but it was too late. The dead had been done.

https://www.albawaba.com/news/govt-asked-explain-abduction-nigerian-united-states

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

11-Year-Old Girl Kidnapped By Herbalist For Sex Slave Returns After 5 Years / How I Make More Than N300,000 Monthly By Begging - Drugs Suspect / Fulani Herdsmen Kill A Pregnant Woman In Plateau State (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.