Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,150 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Kaduna Strike: Nurses Disconnect Oxygen Supply Of 2-Day-Old Baby In Incubator - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Kaduna Strike: Nurses Disconnect Oxygen Supply Of 2-Day-Old Baby In Incubator (39392 Views)

14 Babies Die At UPTH’s Incubator, Doctors Suspend Surgery Due To Power Outages / Progeria: Newborn Baby In South Africa Looks Like An 80-Year-Old Woman (Picture) / Woman Gives Birth To 'Strange' Baby In Aba, Abia State (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kaduna Strike: Nurses Disconnect Oxygen Supply Of 2-Day-Old Baby In Incubator by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 18, 2021
HRSweetness:
Who should be blamed here? The state governor? NLC? The heartless nurses? Who
all of em except The innocent child and God who created him/her
Re: Kaduna Strike: Nurses Disconnect Oxygen Supply Of 2-Day-Old Baby In Incubator by Risingblue008(m): 8:31pm On May 18, 2021
Pls let us not jump into conclusion just like that
Firstly,,,,
How r we sure it's true?
Cos I can't see any evidence here to proof wht d nurse did

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Strike: Nurses Disconnect Oxygen Supply Of 2-Day-Old Baby In Incubator by lonecatt(m): 8:32pm On May 18, 2021
Commotfornigeri:

Dont be gullible. This is propaganda.
are the people not suffering already due to the high handedness of one short misguided dictator?
Who is more gullible here?
Me or you?
Re: Kaduna Strike: Nurses Disconnect Oxygen Supply Of 2-Day-Old Baby In Incubator by Ribadu2000: 8:32pm On May 18, 2021
Though it is very unfortunate, but come to think of it, how would the baby could have survived when thier is total blackout and all other workers had joined the strike action, incubator without light or electricity supply

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Strike: Nurses Disconnect Oxygen Supply Of 2-Day-Old Baby In Incubator by sanpipita(m): 8:32pm On May 18, 2021
Baseless propaganda from El rufai and his cohorts,he better stop being silly and one rule of law

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna Strike: Nurses Disconnect Oxygen Supply Of 2-Day-Old Baby In Incubator by highcadre: 8:33pm On May 18, 2021
Blue Murder!
Re: Kaduna Strike: Nurses Disconnect Oxygen Supply Of 2-Day-Old Baby In Incubator by lexy2014: 8:33pm On May 18, 2021
berryPee:
From the Medical director down to the ward attendants that allowed the heartless nurses that did this evil act should be jailed for murder of the innocent baby

Is there anywhere in d story that said d baby died? If they didn't disconnect d child from incubator & discharge d child, who would have been taking care of d child inside incubator while d nurses were on strike?

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna Strike: Nurses Disconnect Oxygen Supply Of 2-Day-Old Baby In Incubator by SEGLIZ: 8:34pm On May 18, 2021
HRSweetness:

those nurses are nothing but animals, no matter the circumstance some emergencies are still to be attended, some intensive care care cases are still to be handled.

this ones should be prosecuted accordingly. on earth I don't know how/why medical officials are allowed to embark on strike.

I believe the same law debarring the security agency from embarking on strike should apply to this unprofessional hoodlums in white.
Re: Kaduna Strike: Nurses Disconnect Oxygen Supply Of 2-Day-Old Baby In Incubator by linearity: 8:36pm On May 18, 2021
HRSweetness:

Until all the facts are in, it is premature to call anyone heartless.

If they are all going on strike and no medical personnel is going to be on attendance at the ICU, I do not expect the Nurses to abandon the baby.

More so, it is stated that, they discharged the baby, which means the baby was handed over to their parents.

I sympathize with the Nurses in this situation, all the Doctors and other medical personnels have long abandon the hospital and left them with the difficult and moral decisions either stay around and work without pay or discharge everyone and move or koko abandon dem self.....I the scapegoats here are going to be junior Nurses or Nurses in trainee because the Senior Nurses must have all absconded long time ago, just like Oga/Madam Doctor.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Strike: Nurses Disconnect Oxygen Supply Of 2-Day-Old Baby In Incubator by CSTRR: 8:37pm On May 18, 2021
Crime against humanity.
Re: Kaduna Strike: Nurses Disconnect Oxygen Supply Of 2-Day-Old Baby In Incubator by miazadavid(m): 8:37pm On May 18, 2021
Or!!!!!!!!
If the Nurses and workers of the hospital go on strike, who will look after the 2 day old child in the incubator? Who will administer drugs, feeds, change the oxygen, I. V fluids?
What the nurses did was to tell the family to take the baby to a hospital that will be functioning during the strike.
They would've referred the child while on an oxygen though.
My take on the matter

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna Strike: Nurses Disconnect Oxygen Supply Of 2-Day-Old Baby In Incubator by eedimo(m): 8:37pm On May 18, 2021
What nonsense!!!
How does this innocent baby's life affect your demands?
Re: Kaduna Strike: Nurses Disconnect Oxygen Supply Of 2-Day-Old Baby In Incubator by businessone: 8:38pm On May 18, 2021
[quote author=HRSweetness post=101826306]Who should be blamed here? The state governor? NLC? The heartless nurses? Who [/quote

Those Nurses are heartless.Would they have disconnected for their relatives?They need to be arrested.
Re: Kaduna Strike: Nurses Disconnect Oxygen Supply Of 2-Day-Old Baby In Incubator by lexy2014: 8:39pm On May 18, 2021
eedimo:
What nonsense!!!
How does this innocent baby's life affect your demands?

So are u d one that would have been taking care of d baby while d nurses were on strike?

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Strike: Nurses Disconnect Oxygen Supply Of 2-Day-Old Baby In Incubator by rollandben(m): 8:39pm On May 18, 2021
HRSweetness:
Don't blame nurses either, I'm sure they were instructed to do so. Blame your Failed Nigeria and blame your gullible weaked Nigeria political leaders. Nigeria is death already.
Re: Kaduna Strike: Nurses Disconnect Oxygen Supply Of 2-Day-Old Baby In Incubator by lexy2014: 8:39pm On May 18, 2021
[quote author=businessone post=101827577][/quote]
are u d one that would have been taking care of d baby while d nurses were on strike?
Re: Kaduna Strike: Nurses Disconnect Oxygen Supply Of 2-Day-Old Baby In Incubator by CSTRR: 8:40pm On May 18, 2021
linearity:

If they are all going on strike and no medical personnel is going to be on attendance at the ICU, I do not expect the Nurses to abandon the baby.

More so, it is stated that, they discharged the baby, which means the baby was handed over to their parents.

I sympathize with the Nurses in this situation, all the Doctors and other medical personnels have long abandon the hospital and left them with the difficult and moral decisions either stay around and work without pay or discharge everyone and move or koko abandon dem self.....I the scapegoats here are going to be junior Nurses or Nurses in trainee because the Senior Nurses must have all absconded long time ago, just like Oga/Madam Doctor.

Forget it.
Nigerian nurses are very wicked.

I was at a federal teaching hospital one day when a woman in labour was brought in, screaming.

One big nurse was telling her to stop shouting.

She said " wetin dey worry you. Na me give you Belle? When you dey do am, the thing dey sweet you"

I was dumbfounded.

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Strike: Nurses Disconnect Oxygen Supply Of 2-Day-Old Baby In Incubator by stasius: 8:40pm On May 18, 2021
I blame the government!
Re: Kaduna Strike: Nurses Disconnect Oxygen Supply Of 2-Day-Old Baby In Incubator by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 8:41pm On May 18, 2021
Its unfortunate hope employees are treated in Kaduna.

Never this bad. Anybody can be sacked at any time. Especially when u ve no connection
Re: Kaduna Strike: Nurses Disconnect Oxygen Supply Of 2-Day-Old Baby In Incubator by GodisFirst: 8:41pm On May 18, 2021
A man wakes up and sack all nurses below the grade level 14 in the state hospitals. Note that these are the grade level of active nurses, those on level 14 and above are seniors that are tending towards retirements and getting obsolete.

these new, young and active ones sacked without replacement will definitely leave vacuums that cannot be filled with months.
Some one is definitely high on something green in color. He should be held responsible for the deaths that will be recorded with in this period.
Re: Kaduna Strike: Nurses Disconnect Oxygen Supply Of 2-Day-Old Baby In Incubator by ProfAmaben(m): 8:42pm On May 18, 2021
[s]
nwekeugochukwu:
During the ongoing protest by workers in Kaduna State, some nurses have allegedly disconnected the oxygen supply of a two-day old baby in an incubator and discharged the child, IgbereTV reports.

Since Monday, activities in the state were grounded due to the 5-day warning strike by the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) over the mass sack of civil servants in the state by Governor Nasir Elrufai.

Maryam Abubakar, Senior Special Assistant on New Media to the Governor, who disclosed this on Tuesday, May 18, said names of the three nurses involved have been forward to State Ministry of Justice.

She wrote on Facebook;

https://www.facebook.com/503556629/posts/10157820114716630/?app=fbl
[/s]
Re: Kaduna Strike: Nurses Disconnect Oxygen Supply Of 2-Day-Old Baby In Incubator by HRSweetness(f): 8:43pm On May 18, 2021
linearity:

Interesting perspective.

Handing over a 2 day old baby in need of oxygen due to strike is endangering the life of the baby and that is callous.

They could have done better. Shame what this country is turning into.
Re: Kaduna Strike: Nurses Disconnect Oxygen Supply Of 2-Day-Old Baby In Incubator by HRSweetness(f): 8:45pm On May 18, 2021
rollandben:

Don't blame nurses either, I'm sure they were instructed to do so. Blame your Failed Nigeria and blame your gullible weaked Nigeria political leaders. Nigeria is death already.

I can also blame you for calling "our failed Nigeria", "my failed Nigeria".
Re: Kaduna Strike: Nurses Disconnect Oxygen Supply Of 2-Day-Old Baby In Incubator by Oppy2k2: 8:45pm On May 18, 2021
Propaganda

Disconnected and again the baby was discharged.

So after discharge, they should allow d oxygen tank to empty itself.

Hell rufai and propaganda is like 5and 6

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Strike: Nurses Disconnect Oxygen Supply Of 2-Day-Old Baby In Incubator by HRSweetness(f): 8:45pm On May 18, 2021
[quote author=businessone post=101827577][/quote]

Thank you.
Re: Kaduna Strike: Nurses Disconnect Oxygen Supply Of 2-Day-Old Baby In Incubator by stasius: 8:46pm On May 18, 2021
The kind of heart human beings have nowadays. Tụfịakwa!
Re: Kaduna Strike: Nurses Disconnect Oxygen Supply Of 2-Day-Old Baby In Incubator by Burstit(m): 8:46pm On May 18, 2021
otokx:
This smells like propaganda.
You reason more
Re: Kaduna Strike: Nurses Disconnect Oxygen Supply Of 2-Day-Old Baby In Incubator by Nobody: 8:47pm On May 18, 2021
lonecatt:
Too bad
Two wrongs don't make a right

Hell rufai should first back down because he was elected to serve the people. He is literally a public servant under a democratic government and not a military dictator.

GYB has nothing to show of as development project in kogi because he spent monthly allocation on salaries. Pay redundant workers who does nothing 8-4pm daily

That is what elrufai is trying to avoid. Most of the allegations by nlc are not totally true, only that disengage workers were not or have not been paid off.

Yes he sack workers but he recruited replacement as well
Re: Kaduna Strike: Nurses Disconnect Oxygen Supply Of 2-Day-Old Baby In Incubator by SweetDipBenny(m): 8:47pm On May 18, 2021
CodeTemplar:
Maybe it was one of those items the hospital lacked and the nurses who sell them(probably on credit) wanted their thing back.
But nurses are quite inhuman more often than not.
Just because we cant see u dont mean u can come here and type nonsense undecided
Re: Kaduna Strike: Nurses Disconnect Oxygen Supply Of 2-Day-Old Baby In Incubator by Map1(m): 8:49pm On May 18, 2021
omonnakoda:
Do you have all the facts before reacting?
that is who we are
Re: Kaduna Strike: Nurses Disconnect Oxygen Supply Of 2-Day-Old Baby In Incubator by Kebbiprince: 8:49pm On May 18, 2021
Golden057:
That nurse is very stupid. It shows she's inhumane and wicked. Tomorrow she will join government and become a tyrant.
You're stupid. This is a propaganda

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Commits Suicide Over Economic Hardship In Nigeria (Graphic Photos) / Mother Of Doctor Who Jumped Into Lagoon: "My Son Will Be Rescued Alive" / Help! My Head Is Embarrassingly Big. Makes Me Sad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.