Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,895 members, 7,821,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Bandits Take Over Army Land In Kontagora, Niger As Strange Chopper Hovers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bandits Take Over Army Land In Kontagora, Niger As Strange Chopper Hovers (31467 Views)

Sit-At-Home: Helicopter Hovers Over Enugu, Streets Deserted, Schools Shut / 2023: Govs Take Charge As Uncertainty Hovers Over Osinbajo, Tinubu / Military Jet Hovers Over National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bandits Take Over Army Land In Kontagora, Niger As Strange Chopper Hovers by November1857(m): 7:50am On May 19, 2021
Bandits take over Nigerian Army land in Niger as strange chopper hovers villages

EXCLUSIVE: Vast Army Land in Kontagora Harbouring Camps of Bandits Terrorizing Niger ….
Concerns Heighten on Alleged White Helicopter Hovering over Communities

A vast plot of land belonging to the Nigerian Army (NA) in Kontagora local government of Niger State is harbouring armed bandits terrorizing several parts of the State, PRNigeria has gathered.

Concerned about the development, the Nigerian Army under the current leadership is devising new measures to tackle the activities of the criminals on its land and in neighbouring communities.

The bandits have established their camps at Matan Kari, Fagai, Ozowo, Bihima and Kan Libo, among other mountains inside the army land. The camps, according to checks by PRNigeria, are mountainous areas, within the massive hectare, where the criminals first gather their abducted victims, before moving them to Kaduna, Zamfara and other Northern States, via forests’ paths. They are also being used by bandits operating within the axis to congregate herds of rustled cattle, before ferrying them beyond the State’s borders.

The ‘flat and levelled surfaces’ on top of the mountains, according to an undercover security officer and some locals, is where a yet-to-be-identified private helicopter often ‘touches down’. They, however, could not tell who owns the helicopter, and the mission it regularly undertakes to the bandits’ hideouts. He also told PRNigeria that whenever the white helicopter hovers around communities within Kontagora and Mariga axis, bandits’ attack follows.

It was learnt that a team of policemen and local vigilantes embarked on daring missions to the notorious camps of the bandits, on three separate occasions last year. Images of some items discovered on the mountainous hideouts, which include syringes, cans of soft drinks, spare parts of motor cycles, plugs, among other relics, were sighted by PRNigeria. The huge army land, which starts from the military Barrack in Kontagora town, extends over to Mai Guge community, in Mariga local government. It is almost 40km in length.

Credible sources said not only banditry, and kidnapping, but illegal mining secretly thrives on the land, too. Aside the Barrack, the Nigerian Army Corps of Artillery (NACA) and the Nigerian Army Training Centre (NATRAC) are the two other military institutions located in Kongatora LG. Though the expansive army land is yet to be fenced, a deep pit apparently for a foundation has been dug, right after the Barrack gate, before entering Kontagora metropolis. The foundation pit, covering over forty kilometres, extends to Mai Gegu.

The army, at various points beside the Kontagora-Mariga road, mounted the signage of their land, indicating ownership. It warned trespassers to keep off. The inscription on the signage reads: “Nigerian Army Training Area Kontagora Army Land Keep Off/Ba Shiga”.

PRNigeria learnt that the Kambaris, were the original owners of the land. But they sold it to the army, over 30 years ago. And while the Army is yet to start training its personnel, bandits have found ‘haven’ in the fallow land, using it to carry out their terror-inducing crime. There are several instances, where bandits emerge from various points in the army land, some of the displaced villagers told PRNigeria. They then, cross the kontagora-Mariga road to attack Usande, Magauta, Dutsen Magaji, and other sparse communities, on the other side of the highway.

A seasoned intelligence officer working for a security agency in Kontagora, who declined to give his name, said the ‘unfenced and porous’ army land is the reason bandits have been having a field day invading communities and wreaking havoc, across parts of Niger East. He said the bandits’ camps also served as escape routes for the criminals when other security personnel are mobilized for counter and rescue operations. He said when bandits attack communities surrounding Kontagora town, they fled with their victims and rustled cattle to their camps inside the army land. “Unfortunately, the army will deny us permission to chase the fleeing criminals. We have, on several occasions, informed the military authorities that their domain is used by bandits for cover, but they refused to cooperate with us, often telling us that the people our intelligence reports indicate are bandits, are actually not,” he added.

https://prnigeria.com/2021/05/18/army-land-kontagora-bandits/

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Bandits Take Over Army Land In Kontagora, Niger As Strange Chopper Hovers by OmegaDesign: 7:54am On May 19, 2021
Unbelievable

Abeg Get responsive website + Domain Registration + SEO for 20k. Check my signature for contact details

6 Likes

Re: Bandits Take Over Army Land In Kontagora, Niger As Strange Chopper Hovers by Vulcanheph(m): 7:58am On May 19, 2021
.... Meanwhile the Nigerian army is busy fighting IPOB in the east.

199 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Bandits Take Over Army Land In Kontagora, Niger As Strange Chopper Hovers by 143WaZoBia: 8:00am On May 19, 2021
Make nobody attack Nigeria o.
The bandits get name and Buhari get name.

20 Likes

Re: Bandits Take Over Army Land In Kontagora, Niger As Strange Chopper Hovers by Nobody: 8:01am On May 19, 2021
their wahala. 2015 people from niger state were shouting "sai baba" now the thing don clear for their eye. na only God go punish all those people that voted this disaster called bubu into office!

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bandits Take Over Army Land In Kontagora, Niger As Strange Chopper Hovers by FarahAideed: 8:03am On May 19, 2021
I warned Buharis next line of Jihad action will be to handover large expanses of Nigerian Army land in each state to his Bandit or Ruga brothers ...make no mistake a mad man is on the throne

108 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bandits Take Over Army Land In Kontagora, Niger As Strange Chopper Hovers by Kandeed: 8:38am On May 19, 2021
bout 8 special force killed.....is this really a joke??
Re: Bandits Take Over Army Land In Kontagora, Niger As Strange Chopper Hovers by BigSarah(f): 9:00am On May 19, 2021
Lol isn't this comical, maybe the Nigerian army donated the lands to the bandits.. You can never tell

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bandits Take Over Army Land In Kontagora, Niger As Strange Chopper Hovers by Felabrity: 9:00am On May 19, 2021
Politicians are funding these guys

17 Likes

Re: Bandits Take Over Army Land In Kontagora, Niger As Strange Chopper Hovers by Factfinder1(m): 9:00am On May 19, 2021
Failed nation

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandits Take Over Army Land In Kontagora, Niger As Strange Chopper Hovers by BruncleZuma: 9:00am On May 19, 2021
Nah wah
Re: Bandits Take Over Army Land In Kontagora, Niger As Strange Chopper Hovers by lawrenzo007(m): 9:01am On May 19, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Bandits Take Over Army Land In Kontagora, Niger As Strange Chopper Hovers by walozanga(m): 9:01am On May 19, 2021
BANDIT abi bokoharam
Re: Bandits Take Over Army Land In Kontagora, Niger As Strange Chopper Hovers by Sonoyom(m): 9:01am On May 19, 2021
Buhari has done well in securing the nation, and also he has done very well in devulging powers to bandits to occupy some territory in our dear nation. He has also done well in creating employment because banditry and kidnapping is now a lucrative venture under his administration.
This move of handing over land belonging to the Nigerian Army to bandits will aid the operation of bandits and this in turn will create even more employment to our teaming unemployment youths because i am sure that the land was given to them so as to aid their recruitment purposes (A1 ease of doing business) proving the fact that they are not lazy.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandits Take Over Army Land In Kontagora, Niger As Strange Chopper Hovers by IPOBrep: 9:01am On May 19, 2021
The land was acquired for them long ago.

Be mindful of federal government property or abandoned property in your neighbourhood, thats the base for all fulani miscreants arround the country.

They go about buying vast land they never develop, some are seized from their onwers on trumped up charges and left for their foot soldiers to occupy, if the indigenous population enter the land wahala but once its occupied by fulani, it becomes seguobe.

Observe all federal govt facility arround and you will understand what am saying.

27 Likes

Re: Bandits Take Over Army Land In Kontagora, Niger As Strange Chopper Hovers by ProfAmaben(m): 9:01am On May 19, 2021
Kindly occupy Aso rock very soon so that we would change Nigeria to Banditria.

3 Likes

Re: Bandits Take Over Army Land In Kontagora, Niger As Strange Chopper Hovers by Kukukillus: 9:01am On May 19, 2021
It is prophetic.

The Niger hausa Led by their fulani Master soldiers will leave their land, on a mission to kill biafrans and oduduas, while their land will be taking over by demons from hell, they will die in biafra land, the ones that runs back home will meet no home.

-mazi nnamdi kanu

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bandits Take Over Army Land In Kontagora, Niger As Strange Chopper Hovers by gambia(m): 9:01am On May 19, 2021
Its a welcome development. Buhari is working, even the state governor can testify.

2 Likes

Re: Bandits Take Over Army Land In Kontagora, Niger As Strange Chopper Hovers by b3llo(m): 9:01am On May 19, 2021
Remain Aso rock

1 Like

Re: Bandits Take Over Army Land In Kontagora, Niger As Strange Chopper Hovers by bayelsaowei(m): 9:01am On May 19, 2021
cheesy...what a deficient country...ineptitude has taken over Nigeria..mayhem and foolishness too..

3 Likes

Re: Bandits Take Over Army Land In Kontagora, Niger As Strange Chopper Hovers by Perfectnumber6(m): 9:02am On May 19, 2021
No na they only came for a friendly match with the NA .

1 Like

Re: Bandits Take Over Army Land In Kontagora, Niger As Strange Chopper Hovers by rawtouch: 9:02am On May 19, 2021
grin

they leased the land

1 Like

Re: Bandits Take Over Army Land In Kontagora, Niger As Strange Chopper Hovers by pyyxxaro: 9:02am On May 19, 2021
undecidedYusuf thunder fire your papa

7 Likes

Re: Bandits Take Over Army Land In Kontagora, Niger As Strange Chopper Hovers by kennosklint(m): 9:02am On May 19, 2021
cheesy
Re: Bandits Take Over Army Land In Kontagora, Niger As Strange Chopper Hovers by Tonyspecial(m): 9:02am On May 19, 2021
There was a country

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandits Take Over Army Land In Kontagora, Niger As Strange Chopper Hovers by Ayt27(m): 9:02am On May 19, 2021
I was going to write we should bomb these terrorists, raze that place and give em hell.

But knowing my country, it's leadership and their sympathizers...... sighs!

It's going to be the same status-quo.

2 Likes

Re: Bandits Take Over Army Land In Kontagora, Niger As Strange Chopper Hovers by LordGuru1: 9:02am On May 19, 2021
Exactly how they are gradually taking over the South too, with currupt souls of Southern Youths and Men still selfishly enslaved to living to impress young girls. For the very first time on this Forum, you earned my full Respect! You are a real Man, not one of the numerous senseless currupt lilly-livered pussy-enslaved scallywags that have rendered Nigeria useless like this. Truth be told, today I see on NL why Nigeria is the most useless Black Country on Earth. How can the dimwitted sub-animals that shamelessly pride themselves as cheaters here be able to stand up for Justice, Truth, and Defend their future Generations from Bandits and killers?! It is WRITTEN that the more immoral and lustful a Man is, the more cowardly Sissy and useless his life would be, because having sex with 1 lady takes 50% of brain, living promiscuously like many Souless pussy-wasted walking-dead Southern Nigerian men here leave no Brain space remaining to successfully eradicate intruding Killers that are adopting and sodomizing their children, sisters and wives! Tueh on all your senseless brainless retards' heads. Shior!!!
post=101823165:
@OP, most Naija men don’t have that type of good attitude you've got..
So when they are confronted with cheating,
they minimize, rationalize, and justify their behavior with statements like:

Every guy wants to have sex with other women. And when the opportunity arises, he takes it.

It’s a man’s biological imperative to have sex with as many women as he can. Why should I be any different?

If I got enough (or better) sex at home, I wouldn’t need to cheat.

I’m not doing anything that most of my friends don’t do. If you don’t believe me, ask them.

If my wife hadn’t gained so much weight—or if she was nicer to me, or more attentive—I wouldn’t have even thought about going elsewhere.

Why who would call getting a lap dance in a strip club infidelity? It’s just what guys do for fun.

And as we see on this forum on a daily basis,
If the police had been out chasing actual bad guys, I wouldn’t have gotten caught in that brothel, Why don’t they go after some real criminals?

I’m only sexting and flirting. Where’s the harm in that? I don’t meet up with any of these women in person. It’s just a game.

When some of us @MANNA were in the therapy business, we have a name for this type of reasoning, it is called : Denial.

From a psychotherapy perspective, denial is a series of internal lies and deceits people tell themselves to make their questionable behaviors seem OKAY (at least in their own minds).
Typically, each self-deception is supported by one or more rationalizations, with each one bolstered by still more falsehoods.

Keep it up OP.
It will always fall flat on their faces.

SAY NO TO CHEATING.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Breaks Into Two Factions / Breaking: Buhari Sacks Heads Of Nigerian Aviation Agencies / Anti-Corruption Fight: Don’t Use Me As Example, Akpabio Tells EFCC Chair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.