Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,024 members, 7,814,506 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

2023: Govs Take Charge As Uncertainty Hovers Over Osinbajo, Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Govs Take Charge As Uncertainty Hovers Over Osinbajo, Tinubu (22144 Views)

Sit-At-Home: Helicopter Hovers Over Enugu, Streets Deserted, Schools Shut / Bandits Take Over Army Land In Kontagora, Niger As Strange Chopper Hovers / Military Jet Hovers Over National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Govs Take Charge As Uncertainty Hovers Over Osinbajo, Tinubu by dre11(m): 1:40pm On Jan 29, 2022
Uncertainties within the All Progressives Congress, APC as to the direction ahead of the 2023 General Election was at the weekend beginning to clear with postulations of Nigeria’s powerful governors increasingly emerging to drive the process.

The coming out of the governors, it was gathered, and the seeming unwillingness of President Muhammadu Buhari to identify with either Vice President Yemi Osinbajo or national APC leader, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has put the two potential successors in a quandary.

The prospect of both campaigns consuming one another in a mutual war of destruction it was learnt, was now making their strategists pull back after initial gestures of war. Osinbajo’s fate is not helped by the claim of a ‘trust deficit’ that arose from his time as Acting President in 2018. Since then, President Buhari has not again transferred presidential powers to his deputy.

Though Osinbajo has not formally declared a presidential bid, signs of a national mobilisation with political actors seemingly working to set up structures for him across the country continue to echo here and there.

After the seemingly easy effort of the governors’ pointsman, Dr Kayode Fayemi in projecting his nominee, Biodun Oyebanji as the party’s candidate in the 2022 Ekiti State governorship candidate, it was gathered that their next step would be in determining the party’s national chairman and other executive positions. Fayemi’s man beat two aspirants allegedly linked to Tinubu: Senators Opeyemi Bamidele and Dayo Adeyeye.

Normally confidential sources in the APC disclosed that the contest for national chairman of the ruling party was at weekend narrowing to a two-man race with former Governor Tanko Al-Makura of Nasarawa State and erstwhile minister of solid minerals, Alhaji Bawa Bwari as the main contenders.

The governors, it was learnt, we’re now waiting on President Buhari for a final choice between the two men.

The determination of the governors to frame the National Executive and then determine the presidential candidate was despite the seeming visibility of the campaigns for Osinbajo and Tinubu. A high-level presidential source speaking on the condition of anonymity while underlining the trust deficit was quick to also note the influence of the governors who he said would determine the direction.

“Yes, the trust issue is not something that can be swept away easily, it is there, but you cannot remove the role of the governors who are the ones laying the bed. You don’t expect them to lay the bed for someone else to come and lie on,” the source said.

On how the vice-president is drawing his strength, the presidential aide said:

“Well, you know he meets with the governors monthly for the NEC (National Economic Committee) and maybe he is deriving his strength from that. He meets with them and goes to commission their projects, even projects of opposition governors and maybe he is depending on that,” the high-level source said with a dose of sarcasm.

The trust issue that is being weaved around Osinbajo flows from his actions as Acting President when he sacked Lawal Daura as Director-General of the Department of State Services, DSS and also forwarded the nomination of Walter Onnoghen as Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/01/2023-govs-take-charge-as-uncertainty-hovers-over-osinbajo-tinubu-2/

Re: 2023: Govs Take Charge As Uncertainty Hovers Over Osinbajo, Tinubu by Righteousness2(m): 1:44pm On Jan 29, 2022
I see the Kind of Grace that Goodluck Jonathan carries on VP Osinbanjo. But whether it will speak for him is what I don't know. It depends on if GOD ALMIGHTY is Pleased with how he has represented HIM in this 8yrs.

Pst Osinbanjo was appointed to be Pmb running mate not because he is an accomplished lawyer or because he is an Erudite Professor. The Main reason Osinbanjo was appointed was because of the Pastor Title that he carried.

The Question is Has Pastor represented Boldly GOD ALMIGHTY in this office/Assignment ?

If you ask me, I will say he has not done that very well as there are times he would have Boldly defended the Intrest of those he was specifically selected for. But I am not GOD ALMIGHTY. If GOD Almighty is pleased, who am I to contest it? Time will tell!

Orji Uzor kalu (OUK ) is a man to watch out for also. He is also carrying Grace to be President.

My admonition to all who are Jostling and killing themselves for 2023 is to remember that Preparation for Eternity should be Paramount for all, because we are not even sure of 2023. The Coming of JESUS is Here. Also your life is not in your Power. There are major Contestants that will depart this Earth before Elections.

Preparation for Eternity should be the Major Preparation. And Preparation for Eternity is only Possible when you Genuiely Surrender to JESUS Christ and begin to Live by HIS Word and Commandments.

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: Govs Take Charge As Uncertainty Hovers Over Osinbajo, Tinubu by Brexxit(m): 1:45pm On Jan 29, 2022

Tinubu should better respect himself and step down for any qualified person from the south.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Govs Take Charge As Uncertainty Hovers Over Osinbajo, Tinubu by kingphilip(m): 1:55pm On Jan 29, 2022
Only Nigerians can determine who becomes the next president and that's why I'm encouraging us all to go get our PVCs ready in order to vote in the right candidate.

If we continue to draw back, we leave the voting to those easily swayed and we'd suffer till the next election period.

What is seemingly a chaos in their camp is false because you'd see them laughing hard and embracing themselves when it gets to the time of looting the country dry.

13 Likes

Re: 2023: Govs Take Charge As Uncertainty Hovers Over Osinbajo, Tinubu by SarkinYarki: 1:56pm On Jan 29, 2022
Tinubu is completely cornered .. nothing for him

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Govs Take Charge As Uncertainty Hovers Over Osinbajo, Tinubu by Moferere: 2:02pm On Jan 29, 2022
SarkinYarki:
Tinubu is completely cornered .. nothing for him

Lol
When the game unfolds, some of you will nearly have hypertension

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Govs Take Charge As Uncertainty Hovers Over Osinbajo, Tinubu by slawormiir: 4:24pm On Jan 29, 2022
Damnnn niggarrrr
Funny enough the two of them will never be president

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Govs Take Charge As Uncertainty Hovers Over Osinbajo, Tinubu by Righthussle: 4:24pm On Jan 29, 2022
Osinbajo will be president come 2023. I know that. I am from the future.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: Govs Take Charge As Uncertainty Hovers Over Osinbajo, Tinubu by Sirheny007(m): 4:24pm On Jan 29, 2022
I de laugh at the West.
grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Govs Take Charge As Uncertainty Hovers Over Osinbajo, Tinubu by FreeStuffsNG: 4:25pm On Jan 29, 2022
Sincerely, this is a mediocre reporting and it's no brainer that it contains nothing different from the mosaic of gossips, fabrications and outright falsehoods circulating on the social media.

However, APC Governors are still members of APC too so they can't willingly be a stumbling block to APC's common interests.
Besides, some of them are still loyal to their predecessors and they are aware that they won't be Governors for ever wink

On the mandate of Asiwaju Tinubu I stand.

Dear fellow patriotic Nigerians, good evening and compliments of the weekend. Please, I want to plead with you to please vote for Asiwaju Tinubu.

Please ignore the naysayers and toxic unpatriotic peddlers of falsehoods, bigotry, bitterness and hatred for Asiwaju Tinubu as a political strategy for winning election because Asiwaju Tinubu is not from their tribe, religion and political party..
Asiwaju Tinubu is extremely capable and competent to lead Nigeria to greater heights.

Asiwaju Tinubu will deliver and keep his promises to lead Nigeria to greater heights.

Asiwaju Tinubu is a brilliant visionary leader who does not discriminate against anyone and he has a large heart to even forgive those who hate him because of his tribe, religion and political party.

He is an experienced public administrator and a Nigerian Patriot to the core.

Please vote for Asiwaju Tinubu.

Thank you.
May God bless Nigeria you and may God bless Nigeria forever.

Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Govs Take Charge As Uncertainty Hovers Over Osinbajo, Tinubu by Jerryherd: 4:25pm On Jan 29, 2022
cool

Osinbajo's crime according to Buhari

✓* Confirming Justice onoghen as Chief Justice of Nigeria a PDP sympatiser, without consulting Buhari first

✓* Unilateraly sacking Lawal Daura the former DSS boss and cousin of President Muhammadu Buhari for DSS invasion of Bukola Saraki's residence without Buhari's consent

✓* Release of Nnamdi Kanu after he was granted bail by the High Court, and the problem Kanu later caused after his release not meeting bail condition and insulting Buhari

✓* Going to Benue State to sympathize with Christians murdered by Fulanis and using NEMA allocation to provide aide to them.. this made Buhari very furious and NEMA was taking out of Vice President's Office

✓* Northern Muslim elites, from Hausa/Fulani/Kanuri extraction already had a solid aggrement and pact with Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Alpha Betta and Remita also handles most Northern APC states IGR so Tinubu is their bag man
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/05/buhari-tinubu-sultan-meet-in-saudi-arabia/amp/

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Govs Take Charge As Uncertainty Hovers Over Osinbajo, Tinubu by obembet(f): 4:27pm On Jan 29, 2022
Righteousness2:
I see the Kind of Grace that Goodluck Jonathan carries on VP Osinbanjo. But whether it will speak for him is what I don't know. It depends on if GOD ALMIGHTY is Pleased with how he has represented HIM in this 8yrs.

Pst Osinbanjo was appointed to be Pmb running mate not because he is an accomplished lawyer or because he is a Professor. The Main reason Osinbanjo was appointed was because of the Title Pastor that he carried.

The Question is Has Pastor represented Boldly GOD ALMIGHTY in this office/Assignment ?

If you ask me, I will say he has not done that very well as there are times he would have Boldly defended the Intrest of those he was specifically selected for. But I am not GOD ALMIGHTY. If GOD Almighty is pleased, who am I to contest it? Time will tell!

OUK is also a man to watch out for also.

My admonition to all who are Jostling and killing themselves for 2023 is to remember that Preparation for Eternity should be Paramount for all, because we are not even sure of 2023. The Coming of JESUS is Here. Also your life is not in your Power. There are major Contestants that will depart this Earth before Elections.

Preparation for Eternity should be the Major Preparation. And Preparation for Eternity is only Possible when you Genuiely Surrender to JESUS Christ and begin to Live by HIS Word and Commandments.

Lalasticlala mynd44 kindly look into Righteousness2, it seems his nairaland account has been hacked. The holy man only focus Religion and motivation words.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Govs Take Charge As Uncertainty Hovers Over Osinbajo, Tinubu by Skillsnigeria: 4:29pm On Jan 29, 2022
Hmmm
Re: 2023: Govs Take Charge As Uncertainty Hovers Over Osinbajo, Tinubu by richiemcgold: 4:30pm On Jan 29, 2022
Governors in this apc era are not as powerful as those pdp governors of obj and gej time. Except he's the anointed candidate of mr president, I don't think any of them is strong enough to go against Osinbajo, ouk or tinubu in the primary election. But with buhari's support, one of the serving governors can successfully become the next president. So it's actually buhari holding the ace, not tinubu, buni or osinbajo, and he's going to determine who wins the race..

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Govs Take Charge As Uncertainty Hovers Over Osinbajo, Tinubu by KingOdart787: 4:30pm On Jan 29, 2022
I hardly help people broadcast but I think the forum is great
izyking69: I have always said that they need it

Re: 2023: Govs Take Charge As Uncertainty Hovers Over Osinbajo, Tinubu by KingOdart787: 4:31pm On Jan 29, 2022
Up Ghana. com. The site is nice. Ghanaian also need a platform like NL to generate their own content
Usernamesucks73: I Just checked the site, massive SEO. Nice business idea from the founder

Re: 2023: Govs Take Charge As Uncertainty Hovers Over Osinbajo, Tinubu by TheRareGem1(f): 4:31pm On Jan 29, 2022
They can't run than their shadows. Mr. P will make everything known in due course. Govs should chill.
Re: 2023: Govs Take Charge As Uncertainty Hovers Over Osinbajo, Tinubu by mrvitalis(m): 4:31pm On Jan 29, 2022
Media propaganda from some people

Buhari and most northern elites know who the next presidential candidate they would support is ...

Osibanjo and tinubu is not even in their top 10

You people think north has forgotten how tinubu bought form for tambuwal to contact contest against Buhari ? .

..you think north has forgotten how he Nearly allowed atiku dollar to defeat Buhari if not for ameachi that came to the rescue ...tinubu refused to released his money ...I stead sized the ones given to him to arrange south west ..reason for APC for showing in south west 52%

You think north dont know how tinubu got Intel shares ?

Make Una relax ooh you can't fool everyone at the same time

This is odili in 2007 all over again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Govs Take Charge As Uncertainty Hovers Over Osinbajo, Tinubu by DropsMic(m): 4:31pm On Jan 29, 2022
Yawn
Re: 2023: Govs Take Charge As Uncertainty Hovers Over Osinbajo, Tinubu by neman28254: 4:32pm On Jan 29, 2022
Tinubu is completely cornered

1 Like

Re: 2023: Govs Take Charge As Uncertainty Hovers Over Osinbajo, Tinubu by fatherjesse(m): 4:32pm On Jan 29, 2022
They have always been in charge
Re: 2023: Govs Take Charge As Uncertainty Hovers Over Osinbajo, Tinubu by Ebunoluwa2020(f): 4:32pm On Jan 29, 2022
Osinbajo is more than capable

11 Likes

Re: 2023: Govs Take Charge As Uncertainty Hovers Over Osinbajo, Tinubu by Fidelarinze9(m): 4:32pm On Jan 29, 2022
Bbq
Re: 2023: Govs Take Charge As Uncertainty Hovers Over Osinbajo, Tinubu by Jlow2: 4:33pm On Jan 29, 2022
He will only nod his head when a Fulani comes out

1 Like

Re: 2023: Govs Take Charge As Uncertainty Hovers Over Osinbajo, Tinubu by bigdammyj: 4:34pm On Jan 29, 2022
Noted
Re: 2023: Govs Take Charge As Uncertainty Hovers Over Osinbajo, Tinubu by PrinceOfLagos: 4:34pm On Jan 29, 2022
cheesy grin cheesy grin grin
Re: 2023: Govs Take Charge As Uncertainty Hovers Over Osinbajo, Tinubu by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 4:34pm On Jan 29, 2022
kingphilip:
Only Nigerians can determine who becomes the next president and that's why I'm encouraging us all to go get our PVCs ready in order to vote in the right candidate.

If we continue to draw back, we leave the voting to those easily swayed and we'd suffer till the next election period.

What is seemingly a chaos in their camp is false because you'd see them laughing hard and embracing themselves when it gets to the time of looting the country dry.
God is not in Nigeria and can never intervene in Nigeria matter, God don't have time for unserious people

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Arrives Saudi Arabia (pics) / FG Orders Speedy Completion Of N40bn, 8-lane Ph-aba Highway / Southeast Governors Reject Macban’s Demand For Vigilance Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.