Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,905 members, 7,817,681 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break (81094 Views)

Ogun State Provides Chairs, Desks For St Kizito High School After Viral Pictures / Nigerian Woman Who Returned To Secondary School After Child Bearing Graduates / Pupils Drag Their Classmate To School After He Refused To Attend Classes(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by whirlwind7(m): 3:06am On May 20, 2021
klap4gbens:
She went home for the salah break and came back to her secondary school like this...

What punishment would you suggest for this, or should it pass?

Punishment?
Don't dare. I don't know what type of school this is, but unless there's a written school rule that forbids henna designs on the body, then you might just want to gently tell her to clean it off and that's that.
This isn't a tattoo.
Also, it is part of some cultures in the south west and north.
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by whirlwind7(m): 3:11am On May 20, 2021
Tinkerberry:
In my opinion allow it pass this once, but there should be an announcement next time forbidding students from such since they'll resume school almost immediately after such celebrations. But the patterns fine o

An announcement isn't enough.
Schools have their rules, which are printed, and copies issued to students upon registration. If the school forbids such things, then it must be published in their rule book.
This would then serve as a basis for enforcement, and not an arbitrary thing.
When a legally inclined parent or guardian gets involved, then the school will begin to cry of persecution.

If it isn't in the rule book and my kid gets punished for it, I'm gonna go ballistic.
If school nor get sense, then it shouldn't try to teach my kid sense.
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by 9jaRealist: 3:39am On May 20, 2021
klap4gbens:
She went home for the salah break and came back to her secondary school like this...

Why would you punish someone for hand henna?
EXACTLY HOW BACKWARDS IS THE AVERAGE NIGERIANS?!
sad
>
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by Nobody: 3:52am On May 20, 2021
nengibo:

Aunty teacher you keep deviating from the main topic which is body marks, the girl in question I believe is dressed in the proper uniform so why do you keep referencing uniform.

Also I'm not talking of emulating Australia I'm just giving you a reference of a similar situation as regards native marks, those tatoos on her skin are native to Nigeria and not Australia, so I hope you understand that the Australian reference was just an example.

Finally the guardian of that child allowed and most likely payed for her to get those tatoos, if she were my child and one sadist teacher flogs her because of tatoos she got with my consent , Tamuno ere bu I go flog that useless teacher.

Lol. I'd beat the hell outta your child and then beat the hell outta you.

I remember when I was in secondary school (a missionary school). My classmate kept afro and all the teachers were scared of him because his dad was a commissioner of Police. One day our administrator caught him and shaved the afro rugged bolo bolo, after giving him the beating of his life.

Mr CP came to school to make noise and met the administrator. One thing the administrator said and I'd never forget "Mr man, if your child is precious to you, build a school for him. As long as he's in this school, he'd be treated as every other student".
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by Nobody: 4:01am On May 20, 2021
I've said it before and I'd say it again. Nigeria can't get better, because the average Nigerian is soaked in a biased mindset.

At some point in school I was nicknamed "Eze-Punk" cos I used to love the punk haircut. I'd grow my punk high and shave off the rest. Well my parents were well known and respected in the school as my older siblings also schooled there and we had records for academic prowess.

One fresh lovely Monday morning I had had a fresh haircut on the night before and as usual my punk which was now pretty high stood out.

Well, I got sent home. I got home and went to report to my mom. She took me back to the school and was mad at the teacher for sending me home without shaving the hair. She then took me to the staff room and told them if I come to school with anything they think is inappropriate, they should take full action.

From that day, I jejely returned to low-cut.

My point is, when we see the right thing, irrespective of who's involved or what's involved, let's say it.

OP the girl should be severely punished.

The goodbook says "give to ceaser what belongs to ceaser". Don't mix your religion with the school.

1 Like

Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by obainojazz(m): 4:29am On May 20, 2021
nengibo:

Yes, like you rightly said it's their tradition and culture, these are lawmakers in Australia of Maori descent, let's stop using Caucasian standard to judge African people
Are they students? You can even play in Australia as a student if you do not wear a hat... Better train children before they become menance to the society...
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by Lovelyn451(f): 4:48am On May 20, 2021
saddeeqrunka:

I guess they should forgive her then, she didn't do it intentionally. It's just for the celebration of Eid
she was sleeping when they were doing it smh....that's why they'll never be disciplined, despite my school being a missionary one, you dare not resume school with your Christmas or easter hair, even if you use 1m to make it, u must loose everything and make the weaving or thread hairstyle b4 resuming, I don't even make hair if the holiday is short...if she becomes a medical practitioner tomorrow she'll draw this dirty thing and fix long eye lash to the hospital because she celebrated salah....stupid!!

1 Like

Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by Dumte(m): 5:17am On May 20, 2021
And what is wrong with this? If I am the parent and she reports to me that any teacher harassed her for designing henna, I will take the matter to a place where the owner of the school will pay dearly for his non-challant attitude.

I'm a Christian but I can't tolerate rubbish in the name of religion.

And as I speak, I teach in one of the private schools in the north, it is the northerns part of markup during their festive period and we must honor them.

Damm the teacher who'll lash a stroke of cane on my child for doing that.
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by neurosci: 5:30am On May 20, 2021
nengibo:

Yes, like you rightly said it's their tradition and culture, these are lawmakers in Australia of Maori descent, let's stop using Caucasian standard to judge African people

Excuse me?? In what standards are the academic work in school taught? Why didn't you write wassce or jamb in Igbo or Yoruba? And why study orthodox medicine or pharmacy in university? You could as well study traditional herbalism or ifa instead. Why not create your own traditional school where you create your own syllabus and not follow caucasian academic standards. Smh
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by neurosci: 5:37am On May 20, 2021
nengibo:

Times change and even archaic mindsets change too, any discerning mind will know that I brought up the Australian lawmakers with their native maori tattoos to show that in a civilised society traditions and customs are not looked at with disdain, if the tatoos are customary to the Hausa people why should you purnish the child for that especially when their parents didn't complain, will you also punish a child for tribal mark, if it was a white person that did this I will understand, but a Black African to consider punishing a child for partaking in her culture over the holidays, it's quite shameful

Oga, use common sense nah, nobody is saying a student cannot dress or design their bodies in whatever way they please, but what we're saying is, why take it to school - a school that has a standard requirement for how a student should appear. So, in those Australian settings you're talking about, do the kids of those people appear in such manners in schools, I'm talking about western schools where there is a regulated manner in which a student should appear? Even in the US, some medical students are rejected because they have visible tattoos. Rules are rules and they must be obeyed. If you're not pleased, send your kids to schools where those are allowed or create your own school. The same applies when some muslim kids try to wear hijabs to catholic schools. What the heck!

1 Like

Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by neurosci: 5:39am On May 20, 2021
Dumte:
And what is wrong with this? If I am the parent and she reports to me that any teacher harassed her for designing henna, I will take the matter to a place where the owner of the school will pay dearly for his non-challant attitude.

I'm a Christian but I can't tolerate rubbish in the name of religion.

And as I speak, I teach in one of the private schools in the north, it is the northerns part of markup during their festive period and we must honor them.

Damm the teacher who'll lash a stroke of cane on my child for doing that.

Can you tell us where? Before we take you seriously.
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by neurosci: 5:43am On May 20, 2021
Euouae:
If this was to be the USA, She would still be one of the best dressed students.

So is this the USA?? undecided undecided
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by saddeeqrunka(m): 5:43am On May 20, 2021
Lovelyn451:
she was sleeping when they were doing it smh....that's why they'll never be disciplined, despite my school being a missionary one, you dare not resume school with your Christmas or easter hair, even if you use 1m to make it, u must loose everything and make the weaving or thread hairstyle b4 resuming, I don't even make hair if the holiday is short...if she becomes a medical practitioner tomorrow she'll draw this dirty thing and fix long eye lash to the hospital because she celebrated salah....stupid!!

Aunty don't be upset about this small issue, if you were the teacher what would you do to her?
Are you going to force her to clean it? What if in the process of cleaning she injure herself?
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by neurosci: 5:47am On May 20, 2021
oloshun:

Some people really think know alot, but they know little. How does body adornment negatively impact studies? Don't Caucasian students go to school with piercing and tattoos? Am tired of our country.

Yeah, so now caucasians are the standards that we should emulate. But when it comes to homosexuality, transgender, we should no longer emulate them. Smh
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by nnamdi640: 6:01am On May 20, 2021
Karleb:

Many of you teachers will not make heaven.

So she can't celebrate because she's a student. It will wash off with time.

E sha ma calm down.
How are you sure that you will make heaven. You forgot that it was teachers that taught you how to write,read and do so many things, yet you still have the mind to comment like this against those that made positive impact in your life.
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by Unbreakable007: 6:38am On May 20, 2021
nengibo:

Times change and even archaic mindsets change too, any discerning mind will know that I brought up the Australian lawmakers with their native maori tattoos to show that in a civilised society traditions and customs are not looked at with disdain, if the tatoos are customary to the Hausa people why should you purnish the child for that especially when their parents didn't complain, will you also punish a child for tribal mark, if it was a white person that did this I will understand, but a Black African to consider punishing a child for partaking in her culture over the holidays, it's quite shameful

Are u brainless or just myopic in thinking?
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by blingxx(m): 6:44am On May 20, 2021
JovialJune:

Na so, we should then allow Yoruba/traditionalist's children bring their permanent painted face to school because it's their tradition/culture right?

If you support punishment you should also punish kids with tribal marks ,mumu way of reasoning undecided
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by blingxx(m): 6:46am On May 20, 2021
JovialJune:

She did it intentionally, didn't she know she'd be resuming real soon before putting henna? If she doesnt put henna, will she die? There are so many Hausas that didn't put henna during this Eid, did they die?

If you support punishment ,we should also punish kids with tribal marks , mumu way of thinking undecided
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by ImaIma1(f): 6:51am On May 20, 2021
saddeeqrunka:

I guess they should forgive her then, she didn't do it intentionally. It's just for the celebration of Eid

Are you saying this because you are a Muslim or because she is right to go to school with henna? At how old? Didn't she know she was going back to school and writing exams?

Please let's be objective in our discussions. She's still a minor and still needs supervision.
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by tempusfugit: 7:05am On May 20, 2021
Lol, can you please demonstrate that it goes against Nigeria school dress code? The truth of the matter is Op isn't suitable to be a teacher,teachers like Op with such mentality re even worse than buhari because they directly or indirectly influences our kids mentality!!!
alizma:

She didn't take it to the mosque oga, she took it to school and as much as I can remember that is not part of school dress code in Nigeria.
You would have done better by educating the teacher on acceptability of that in Islam, irrespective of her age, especially during occasions and celebrations like Salah rather than threatening fire and brimstone.
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by Iykoto86(m): 7:06am On May 20, 2021
Zacksnow:
U must be a paper kisser. How possible is that? She should be suspend asap
suspended for what kwanu. She is practicing her culture jare.
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by AnanseK(m): 7:08am On May 20, 2021
JovialJune:

Na so, we should then allow Yoruba/traditionalist's children bring their permanent painted face to school because it's their tradition/culture right?

But they do bring their permanent scathed face to school na

Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by SocialJustice: 7:22am On May 20, 2021
klap4gbens:

That's hena, what the hell is wrong with you? Why do you want her punished? The ink will clear on its own.

1 Like

Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by Coolgent(m): 7:29am On May 20, 2021
klap4gbens:

What do u want us to do?
Direct your amebo energy to hustling pls.
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by PeachtreeReside(f): 7:32am On May 20, 2021
JovialJune:

??

Painted face?

Please explain.
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by PeachtreeReside(f): 7:34am On May 20, 2021
klap4gbens:

To be honest, nothing should be done to her.

It would fade off with time.

Does it affect anything at all?

Would this Henna matter in 5yrs time?

1 Like

Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by JustCruise(m): 7:36am On May 20, 2021
Ifyou've lived in the North, then you'll understand that there's nothing wrong with this picture.
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by Lazenby007(m): 7:37am On May 20, 2021
You go punish aboki pikin because of that. E be like sey this world don taya you and you wan go.
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by Nobody: 7:49am On May 20, 2021
MyphoneandI:
I've said it before and I'd say it again. Nigeria can't get better, because the average Nigerian is soaked in a biased mindset.

At some point in school I was nicknamed "Eze-Punk" cos I used to love the punk haircut. I'd grow my punk high and shave off the rest. Well my parents were well known and respected in the school as my older siblings also schooled there and we had records for academic prowess.

One fresh lovely Monday morning I had had a fresh haircut on the night before and as usual my punk which was now pretty high stood out.

Well, I got sent home. I got home and went to report to my mom. She took me back to the school and was mad at the teacher for sending me home without shaving the hair. She then took me to the staff room and told them if I come to school with anything they think is inappropriate, they should take full action.

From that day, I jejely returned to low-cut.

My point is, when we see the right thing, irrespective of who's involved or what's involved, let's say it.

OP the girl should be severely punished.

The goodbook says "give to ceaser what belongs to ". Don't mix your religion with the school.

This is quite encouraging... All those defending the girl are simply blinded by their religious colouration.

Wearing such kind of marks for a three days holiday is simply inappropriate whether people admit it or not.

God bless you for this.

1 Like

Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by MinahTee(f): 7:51am On May 20, 2021
What is now bad in this one now,
When it's not a permanent thing, it will wash away within few days.
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by kennie1312: 7:54am On May 20, 2021
JovialJune:

We are talking of students this one is bringing up adults

We are talking if naija, this one is bringing up Australia,

Who did you see talking about Caucasian here? Did I mention them in my previous comment?

A school has a laid down rule for mode of dressing of students, if everyone decides to dress according to their religion and culture, how will there be law and order? How does some people think self

Maybe when you have your own school, students shouldn't have uniforms you hear, they can all paint their face like masquerade or use deluxe paint for make up to school, because you want them to look like Australia people or whatever, you cannot force your mode of thinking on others.

Op, she should be punished, she knows the rules, she shouldn't have used henna when she knows she'd be resuming school real soon, I went to a boarding school in the north and Hausa girls didn't try that shit when we were in school.
Stop being insensitive. This is not a permanent tattoo or a mode of dressing. It is something that is temporal and will wash off in few days. She can only be punished if it is against the school rules and regulations, but if not, leave the young girl alone abeg
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by Shawlambivert(m): 8:04am On May 20, 2021
New Zealand Lawmakers.
nengibo:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"If I Do Masters, Make I Bend" IMSU Student Laments On His Graduation Day. / 20 Zimbabwean Secondary School Students Caught Having Group Sex, Suspended / Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.