Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,794 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break (81092 Views)

Ogun State Provides Chairs, Desks For St Kizito High School After Viral Pictures / Nigerian Woman Who Returned To Secondary School After Child Bearing Graduates / Pupils Drag Their Classmate To School After He Refused To Attend Classes(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by neurosci: 3:30pm On May 20, 2021
nengibo:

Are Nigerians westerners? you should also use common sense and see that there are unique situations in Nigeria because of our traditions and culture that would seem odd in a Western setting, the Maori people with those facial tattoos are the aborigines of NZ , so common sense should also make you understand that even if there children have those marks, they wouldn't be discriminated because it's seen as normal in their own culture.

And when I say use common sense, if you cannot use common sense, at least do some reading. Do some research before posting, so at least you can appear educated. Who told you that children and people who have those marks cannot be discriminated against in NZ because it's their culture? Did you do any research on that at all to see the history of discrimination despite the fact that NZ has a protected regulation against such discrimination? How many of such childrent with those marks have you seen allowed to attend medical school or become bartenders? Now compare that to Nigeria where there's no protected legislation against people with hennas in school, shouldn't common sense tell you that the school has every right to take a disciplinary action such as suspending the student, especially if it is a private school. It's OK if you can't use common sense but at least read some books and do some research before posting!

Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by neurosci: 3:36pm On May 20, 2021
nengibo:

Are Nigerians westerners? you should also use common sense and see that there are unique situations in Nigeria because of our traditions and culture that would seem odd in a Western setting, the Maori people with those facial tattoos are the aborigines of NZ , so common sense should also make you understand that even if there children have those marks, they wouldn't be discriminated because it's seen as normal in their own culture.

I've shown you that in NZ, despite the fact that there is a strong legislation against discrimination against people with the maori coloration you mentioned, people still get discriminated against in various forms. How much more in Nigeria where there is no apparent legislation about how students with henna should be treated, shouldn't common sense then tell you that every school has the right to deal with the situation in whatever way they please, within the ambit of the law? How should a school handle this situation? Here you go.

Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by PeachtreeReside(f): 3:51pm On May 20, 2021
klap4gbens:

Wearing it is not a sin, but allowing her with such will encourage others to even go as far as drawing tattoos, they are minor who surely does not know limits

Tatoo? That's far fetched.

Can you explain why tattoos are wrong?

I'm too fearful and careful to have one but do not think any student in secondary school would have a tattoo that large at this age.

Would a tattoo derail a young adult in Nigeria?

Henna would fade off in days.
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by Longman8: 8:51pm On May 20, 2021
She didnt want to spend another money drawing another tatoo during big sallah.Hahaha
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by Josywhyte: 10:33pm On May 20, 2021
nengibo:

so na juju the girl draw for hand abi
Na your reasoning make talk say make babalawo children begin carry juju come school. If the school no gbadu the tattoo nkor? Baba make we leave culture for this matter abeg
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by numericalguy(m): 8:37am On May 21, 2021
Lonelypacifist6:
I asked you a question and you couldn't answer, where in the Qur'an is Heena and article of worship? What Surah is it written, agents of socital destabilisation. Have you eaten to satisfaction you want to sue Someone to court. Better use the money to enroll your child to a school that would accommodate your Rubbish.

Your hatred for Muslims will definitely consume you. Rank ignorance is your name.
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by Lonelypacifist6: 9:26am On May 21, 2021
numericalguy:

Your hatred for Muslims will definitely consume you. Rank ignorance is your name.
Because i asked a simple question that means i hate Muslims? I have practiced Islam and Christianity. I'm indifferent about both. Get a life and stop being illogical!
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by Lonelypacifist6: 9:34am On May 21, 2021
ademuyiwa20:
Funniest part is if you don't correct that notion for the first time, some others will join the geng.
Exactly! If you give these children an inch, they take a mile. Better niped in the bud than hacking a gigantic tree.
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by Cholls(m): 6:30pm On May 26, 2021
JovialJune:

Lmao, how?
my sister Hi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"If I Do Masters, Make I Bend" IMSU Student Laments On His Graduation Day. / 20 Zimbabwean Secondary School Students Caught Having Group Sex, Suspended / Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.