Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break (81096 Views)

Ogun State Provides Chairs, Desks For St Kizito High School After Viral Pictures / Nigerian Woman Who Returned To Secondary School After Child Bearing Graduates / Pupils Drag Their Classmate To School After He Refused To Attend Classes(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by superjab247: 8:08am On May 20, 2021
klap4gbens:

She is fully aware of the school rules and regulations
She is one of the agents that wants to spark off a religious issue so that hell rufai would see more reasons to kill Christians
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by macrodata(m): 8:16am On May 20, 2021
klap4gbens:

She is fully aware of the school rules and regulations
You school teachers are ignorant and highly dimwitted.
Young girl just finished her Sallah celebration and you want to punish her for cultural disappropriation. Do your people have culture? Is it shameful to practice our culture in schools? Please get some exposure and free this young lady. Let her have fun, don't ruin their childhood.
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by Blackdisciple(m): 8:21am On May 20, 2021
Its nothing...
Free her joor
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by blingxx(m): 8:37am On May 20, 2021
Maj196:
I hate that henna nonsense. Makes me wanna vomit angry

No one gives a Bleep about your opinion ,but female teachers are allowed to wear makeup right ?
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by saddeeqrunka(m): 8:51am On May 20, 2021
ImaIma1:

Are you saying this because you are a Muslim or because she is right to go to school with henna? At how old? Didn't she know she was going back to school and writing exams?

Please let's be objective in our discussions. She's still a minor and still needs supervision.

Don't bring religion into this talk, I'm not saying she have the right to go to school with henna. All I'm trying to say is that, how many times have they caught this particular girl or any other girl with henna? Is it twice, thrice or how many times?

And if you can remember i said if they see it as an offense, they can punish the girl by letting her stay out of school untill the henna fades or totally vanished. Because there is no way she can clean it without hurting herself

1 Like

Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by nwanyiugbo122(f): 8:59am On May 20, 2021
They are walking freely in the school I'm teaching here in Abuja, you dare not ask them to wash it off until it goes off by itself.
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by ademuyiwa20(f): 9:02am On May 20, 2021
Funniest part is if you don't correct that notion for the first time, some others will join the geng.

1 Like

Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by ImaIma1(f): 9:03am On May 20, 2021
saddeeqrunka:

Don't bring religion into this talk, I'm not saying she have the right to go to school with henna. All I'm trying to say is that, how many times have they caught this particular girl or any other girl with henna? Is it twice, thrice or how many times?

And if you can remember i said if they see it as an offense, they can punish the girl by letting her stay out of school untill the henna fades or totally vanished. Because there is no way she can clean it without hurting herself

They don't have to catch her many times. A lot of these young ones like to break the rules maybe just to show off to their friends or for whatever reason.

In school then, some girls would relax their hair during breaks and come back to school and most times, the school would cut their hair. Their parents that know the rules, help them break it and now come to fight.

I think these secondary school students are being too wayward these days and it needs to be curbed.
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by saddeeqrunka(m): 9:14am On May 20, 2021
ImaIma1:

They don't have to catch her many times. A lot of these young ones like to break the rules maybe just to show off to their friends or for whatever reason.

In school then, some girls would relax their hair during breaks and come back to school and most times, the school would cut their hair. Their parents that know the rules, help them break it and now come to fight.

I think these secondary school students are being too wayward these days and it needs to be curbed.

Have you asked her if she did this intentionally?
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by ImaIma1(f): 9:31am On May 20, 2021
saddeeqrunka:

Have you asked her if she did this intentionally?

So it was under duress? The person doing the henna came to her house and forced it on her i guess.
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by saddeeqrunka(m): 9:38am On May 20, 2021
ImaIma1:

So it was under duress? The person doing the henna came to her house and forced it on her i guess.

Do you even have any idea how girls Celebrate Eid? There's no way Eid celebration will come and girls will not beautify themselves.
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by nengibo: 11:09am On May 20, 2021
Cnach:

People like u will be killing for their God. An extremist is second to u
because I told her not to punish a child, I'm now worse than an extremist, omg how do you guys even reason sef
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by nengibo: 11:11am On May 20, 2021
oloshun:

Some people really think know alot, but they know little. How does body adornment negatively impact studies? Don't Caucasian students go to school with piercing and tattoos? Am tired of our country.
one person even called me an extremist because I said the child shouldn't be punished sad
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by nengibo: 11:12am On May 20, 2021
PraiseGodNoTime:
The way you people reason in this enclave, animal kingdom will fear you guys.
and who do you mean by you people? People against the punishment of a child
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by nengibo: 11:14am On May 20, 2021
Lonelypacifist6:
These are tattoos and they're permanent.
and yet no stigma was attached to it, that's the main point
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by nengibo: 11:16am On May 20, 2021
bilulu:

Drawing hyenna is now a religion? Nigerians sha.
you didn't see the culture abi, or you already had your response before reading my comment completely
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by nengibo: 11:17am On May 20, 2021
Josywhyte:

Make babalawo children begin carry calabash and other juju things enter school na as the thing no warrant punishment.... Mtcheww. U no get talk abeg
so na juju the girl draw for hand abi
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by nengibo: 11:19am On May 20, 2021
Unbreakable007:

Are u brainless or just myopic in thinking?
says the person with no logical response than an insult, look in the mirror
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by nengibo: 11:26am On May 20, 2021
neurosci:

Oga, use common sense nah, nobody is saying a student cannot dress or design their bodies in whatever way they please, but what we're saying is, why take it to school - a school that has a standard requirement for how a student should appear. So, in those Australian settings you're talking about, do the kids of those people appear in such manners in schools, I'm talking about western schools where there is a regulated manner in which a student should appear? Even in the US, some medical students are rejected because they have visible tattoos. Rules are rules and they must be obeyed. If you're not pleased, send your kids to schools where those are allowed or create your own school. The same applies when some muslim kids try to wear hijabs to catholic schools. What the heck!

Are Nigerians westerners? you should also use common sense and see that there are unique situations in Nigeria because of our traditions and culture that would seem odd in a Western setting, the Maori people with those facial tattoos are the aborigines of NZ , so common sense should also make you understand that even if there children have those marks, they wouldn't be discriminated because it's seen as normal in their own culture.
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by nengibo: 11:35am On May 20, 2021
neurosci:

Excuse me?? In what standards are the academic work in school taught? Why didn't you write wassce or jamb in Igbo or Yoruba? And why study orthodox medicine or pharmacy in university? You could as well study traditional herbalism or ifa instead. Why not create your own traditional school where you create your own syllabus and not follow caucasian academic standards. Smh
You clearly misunderstood me, but let me ask you a question in you own style why do Nigerian lawmakers wear Etibo , Woko and Agbada when the should be wearing suit, or why do we do traditional marriage and white wedding instead of just white wedding?, why does every local government have a king and a lga chairman?
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by nengibo: 11:37am On May 20, 2021
obainojazz:
Are they students? You can even play in Australia as a student if you do not wear a hat... Better train children before they become menance to the society...
so na this hand painting wey go make these girl become menace to society, omo d way Nigerian dey reason sef, i just tya
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by ImaIma1(f): 12:27pm On May 20, 2021
saddeeqrunka:

Do you even have any idea how girls Celebrate Eid? There's no way Eid celebration will come and girls will not beautify themselves.

Not minors, that know they will go back to school. I have stayed with muslims; hausas, fulanis and I currently have muslims as neighbours. I have not noticed henna on the girls, when it's not like it's compulsory; something they must do.

Eid can be celebrated without it.

1 Like

Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by Cnach: 12:30pm On May 20, 2021
nengibo:

because I told her not to punish a child, I'm now worse than an extremist, omg how do you guys even reason sef
What relationship is his question and the religion u just brought in?..since u reason like 6 generations of computer system. If u play with religion in every other place stop it when it comes to Nigeria bc it far more consuming than an exploded tanker filled of pms. Na beg I dey beg u
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by obainojazz(m): 12:54pm On May 20, 2021
nengibo:

so na this hand painting wey go make these girl become menace to society, omo d way Nigerian dey reason sef, i just tya
nothing concern me with the girl... You ignorantly mentioned Australia but no student will wear that to an Australian school.
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by Nobody: 1:02pm On May 20, 2021
PeachtreeReside:

To be honest, nothing should be done to her.

It would fade off with time.

Does it affect anything at all?

Would this Henna matter in 5yrs time?

Wearing it is not a sin, but allowing her with such will encourage others to even go as far as drawing tattoos, they are minor who surely does not know limits
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 20, 2021
ademuyiwa20:
Funniest part is if you don't correct that notion for the first time, some others will join the geng.

Exactly my point, that's the essence of the post and supposed punishment- just to deter others from going the extra mile to drawing tattoos
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by nengibo: 1:08pm On May 20, 2021
obainojazz:
nothing concern me with the girl... You ignorantly mentioned Australia but no student will wear that to an Australian school.

Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by nengibo: 1:09pm On May 20, 2021
Shawlambivert:
New Zealand Lawmakers.
Thanks, you're right

1 Like

Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by obainojazz(m): 1:13pm On May 20, 2021
nengibo:

Is that a school?
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by Nobody: 1:43pm On May 20, 2021
neurosci:

So is this the USA?? undecided undecided

Have we not borrowed and imbibed everything from the West.
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by bilulu(m): 2:28pm On May 20, 2021
nengibo:

you didn't see the culture abi, or you already had your response before reading my comment completely
Bros, hyenna doesn't have to do with any culture or religion. That being said, we should always encourage our kids to be law abiding. When a law or rule is in place, no matter who you re, learn how to abide with it, only how we can be a great nation. the moment we begin to make exemptions thats how laws are broken. If that child happens to be in Spain for instance, nobody stops her from celebrating her feast but will she resume school the following day with those drawings? let's learn how to be law abiding. if the school says this, let's learn to obey.Is it difficult?
Re: See How A Student Returned To Her School After Salah Break by neurosci: 3:12pm On May 20, 2021
nengibo:

Are Nigerians westerners? you should also use common sense and see that there are unique situations in Nigeria because of our traditions and culture that would seem odd in a Western setting, the Maori people with those facial tattoos are the aborigines of NZ , so common sense should also make you understand that even if there children have those marks, they wouldn't be discriminated because it's seen as normal in their own culture.

Do you even know what is called marks and what is called culture? Tribal marks is what you'll call marks and culture, and that is why you've never seen any student discriminated against for having tribal marks, not this henna or whatever you call it. Henna is not a part of culture. This was why I used the example of a tattoo in the US; there are places where students are not allowed because they have tattoos. It all depends on the school policy, and every school has their own policy. If the school decides to suspend this student for having this ink on her body, they have 100% right to do so and there's nothing you can do about it!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"If I Do Masters, Make I Bend" IMSU Student Laments On His Graduation Day. / 20 Zimbabwean Secondary School Students Caught Having Group Sex, Suspended / Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.