Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

Islam's Strange Account Of Solomon's Death - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam's Strange Account Of Solomon's Death (3349 Views)

Why Is Song Of Solomon In The Bible? / The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri / The Secret Writing Of Solomon To Rehoboam His Son Revealing His Lies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam's Strange Account Of Solomon's Death by sagenaija: 11:27am On May 19, 2021
Islam's Strange Account of Solomon's Death
Q.34:14 states:
"When We decreed Solomon’s death, nothing indicated to the ˹subjected˺ jinn that he was dead except the termites eating away his staff. So when he collapsed, the jinn realized that if they had ˹really˺ known the unseen, they would not have remained in ˹such˺ humiliating servitude."

According to Ibn Kathir, Solomon died leaning on his stick, which was staff and stood like that for nearly a year. It was not until insect ate his stick and it became weak that he fell to the ground. That was when everyone around him knew that he had died.

Now, this was a king. Not an ordinary person. So, are we to believe that for about a year no family member or servants or officials of his kingdom recognized that he had died standing? Are we to believe that no one attempted to communicate or speak with him throughout this period?

Maybe Empiree, Lukgaf, Rashduct4luv, Antichristian, motayoayinde, mhmsadyq, haekymbahd or Realismailakabir can explain this to us.
Re: Islam's Strange Account Of Solomon's Death by ashybabs(m): 11:54am On May 19, 2021
sagenaija:
"When We decreed Solomon’s death, nothing indicated to the ˹subjected˺ jinn that he was dead except the termites eating away his staff. So when he collapsed, the jinn realized that if they had ˹really˺ known the unseen, they would not have remained in ˹such˺ humiliating servitude."

According to Ibn Kathir, Solomon died leaning on his stick, which was staff and stood like that for nearly a year. It was not until insect ate his stick and it became weak that he fell to the ground. That was when everyone around him knew that he had died.

Now, this was a king. Not an ordinary person. So, are we to believe that for about a year no family member or servants or officials of his kingdom recognized that he had died standing? Are we to believe that no one attempted to communicate or speak with him throughout this period?

Maybe Empiree, Lukgaf, Rashduct4luv, Antichristian, motayoayinde, mhmsadyq, haekymbahd or Realismailakabir can explain this to us.

whats the biblical account

2 Likes

Re: Islam's Strange Account Of Solomon's Death by soundOsonic: 11:59am On May 19, 2021
Maybe he was in an Islamic trance
Re: Islam's Strange Account Of Solomon's Death by temitope27(m): 12:10pm On May 19, 2021
Do u know Quran always give bad account

1 Like

Re: Islam's Strange Account Of Solomon's Death by Lukgaf(m): 12:21pm On May 19, 2021
sagenaija:

That's very possible! On the account you quoted from ibn Kathiir, yes, no one was aware of his death for that period. What is special in this? Do you know Ashabul khaf spent over 300 years sleeping too?

Why did their entire generation fail to locate them when they were indeed looking for them?

That's one of the power of Allah. As a Muslim, we believe in the word of Allah Subhanahu wa taa'la(Quran).

Cf;https://www.islamiclandmarks.com/palestine-masjid-al-aqsa/spot-where-prophet-sulaiman-died

4 Likes

Re: Islam's Strange Account Of Solomon's Death by Kobojunkie: 12:26pm On May 19, 2021
Lukgaf:

Do you know Ashabul khaf spent over 300 years sleeping too?
Who? undecided
When he finally woke up was there anyone there to verify the claim that he had indeed slept 300 years? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Islam's Strange Account Of Solomon's Death by enilove(m): 1:06pm On May 19, 2021
Lukgaf:

That's very possible! On the account you quoted from ibn Kathiir, yes, no one was aware of his death for that period. What is special in this? Do you know Ashabul khaf spent over 300 years sleeping too?

Why did their entire generation fail to locate them when they were indeed looking for them?

That's one of the power of Allah. As a Muslim, we believe in the word of Allah Subhanahu wa taa'la(Quran).

Cf;https://www.islamiclandmarks.com/palestine-masjid-al-aqsa/spot-where-prophet-sulaiman-died

You have been bewitched for believing that someone could die for a year without being noticed by thousands of people around him trying to communicate with him on a daily basis

He was standing in a spot without talking , moving , eating , sleeping , having his birth , not urinating etc for a whole year without being noticed ?

Since you can believe this , it means you can drink from the well of buda'ah .

Hadith
Narrated Abu Sa'id al-Khudri:
The people asked the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ): Can we perform ablution out of the well of Buda'ah, which is a well into which menstrual clothes, dead dogs and stinking things were thrown? He replied: Water is pure and is not defiled by anything.

Sahih (Al-Albani)
Sunan Abi Dawud 66
In-book : Book 1, Hadith 66
English translation : Book 1, Hadith 66
Abu Dawood

2 Likes

Re: Islam's Strange Account Of Solomon's Death by AntiChristian: 1:33pm On May 19, 2021
sagenaija:

I'm always amazed when you pick just a fraction of a story and dissect it according to your understanding.
Prophet Sulaiman was granted wisdom and control of wind, animals, Jinn... So imagine how great he was. He even had in his control someone who could do tasks within a blink of an eye.

In short, he was mighty and no one dare speak without him giving such order, Who fit look hin face self!
We are not talking about the Biblical Solomon here who is remembered with 700 concubines and 300 wives! Even at that, what sort of man has that much women!

Allah granted him what He would grant no one else in this world.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam's Strange Account Of Solomon's Death by illicit(m): 1:36pm On May 19, 2021
Some of these old books contain weird stories
Re: Islam's Strange Account Of Solomon's Death by Lukgaf(m): 1:54pm On May 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Who? undecided
When he finally woke up was there anyone there to verify the claim that he had indeed slept 300 years? undecided

You might want to read their story here and see the power of the Almighty Allah
Re: Islam's Strange Account Of Solomon's Death by Lukgaf(m): 1:59pm On May 19, 2021
enilove:

You have been bewitched for believing that someone could die for a year without being noticed by thousands of people around him trying to communicate with him on a daily basis

He was standing in a spot without talking , moving , eating , sleeping , having his birth , not urinating etc for a whole year without being noticed ?

Since you can believe this , it means you can drink from the well of buda'ah .

Hadith
Narrated Abu Sa'id al-Khudri:
The people asked the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ): Can we perform ablution out of the well of Buda'ah, which is a well into which menstrual clothes, dead dogs and stinking things were thrown? He replied: Water is pure and is not defiled by anything.

Sahih (Al-Albani)
Sunan Abi Dawud 66
In-book : Book 1, Hadith 66
English translation : Book 1, Hadith 66
Abu Dawood

Yes, we believe this is one of the simplest thing Allah can do. Is your breathing in and out not even complex than this you just narrated. As for the buda'ah, explicit commentary below"

"Sunan Abi Dawud 67
Narrated AbuSa'id al-Khudri:

I heard that the people asked the Prophet of Allah (ﷺ): Water is brought for you from the well of Buda'ah. It is a well in which dead dogs, menstrual clothes and excrement of people are thrown. The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) replied: Verily water is pure and is not defiled by anything.

Abu Dawud said I heard Qutaibah b. Sa'id say: I asked the person in charge of the well of Bud'ah about the depth of the well. He replied: At most the water reaches pubes. Then I asked: Where does it reach when its level goes down ? He replied: Below the private part of the body.

Abu Dawud said: I measured the breadth of the well of Buda'ah with my sheet which I stretched over it. I them measured it with the hand. It measured six cubits in breadth. I then asked the man who opened the door of garden for me and admitted me to it: Has the condition of this well changed from what it had originally been in the past ? He replied: No. I saw the color of water in this well had changed."

https://sunnah.com/abudawud:67
Re: Islam's Strange Account Of Solomon's Death by Kobojunkie: 2:24pm On May 19, 2021
Lukgaf:

You might want to read their story here and see the power of the Almighty Allah
Read the story of a man who you believe slept for 300 years and are unable to properly respond to questions of? undecided
Re: Islam's Strange Account Of Solomon's Death by tommy589(m): 2:26pm On May 19, 2021
AntiChristian:

I'm always amazed when you pick just a fraction of a story and dissect it according to your understanding.
Prophet Sulaiman was granted wisdom and control of wind, animals, Jinn... So imagine how great he was. He even had in his control someone who could do tasks within a blink of an eye.

In short, he was mighty and no one dare speak without him giving such order, Who fit look hin face self!
We are not talking about the Biblical Solomon here who is remembered with 700 concubines and 300 wives! Even at that, what sort of man has that much women!

Is biblical Solomon different from Sulaiman in the Quran

3 Likes

Re: Islam's Strange Account Of Solomon's Death by Lukgaf(m): 2:38pm On May 19, 2021
Your question is not cleared

Kobojunkie:
Read the story of a man who you believe slept for 300 years and are unable to properly respond to questions of? undecided
Re: Islam's Strange Account Of Solomon's Death by GeneralDae: 2:53pm On May 19, 2021
The funny thing is when religous people see unbelievable tales in other scriptures, they laugh at them and simply dismiss them. When it comes to their own scriptures however they justify them as the power of God.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam's Strange Account Of Solomon's Death by Kobojunkie: 5:20pm On May 19, 2021
Lukgaf:
Your question is not cleared
Who is the man who slept 300 years? Where can we read of his story? Why do you believe his claim to be true? undecided
Re: Islam's Strange Account Of Solomon's Death by mhmsadyq(m): 5:22pm On May 19, 2021
sagenaija:

This is very possible with Allah.

Which do you think is easy for a God;

A God that was born by a betrothed virgin and later murdered among 2 thieves by his own creation in order to forgive them of their sins and the account of the death of Suleiman in the Qur'an.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam's Strange Account Of Solomon's Death by Kobojunkie: 5:25pm On May 19, 2021
mhmsadyq:

A God that was born by a betrothed virgin and later murdered among 2 thieves by his own creation in order to forgive them of their sins and the account of the death of Suleiman in the Qur'an.
Ok, so how is the story of Sulaiman very possible.. undecided
The man was a king, right? And he ruled over a Kingdom, which I guess is larger than a small hamlet, right? undecided
Are you saying that a story about a king who sat in the same spot, leaning on a cane, not eating His meals or laying down for over a year and not a one of His servants, wives etc., noticing , is plausible? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Islam's Strange Account Of Solomon's Death by peggywebbs(f): 7:53pm On May 19, 2021
Dear anti-christian... I am very curious.

Who was Prophet Sulaiman? Which kingdom did he rule over? Is he different from the Isrealites King Solomon, if yes? Where can we read about his exploits and know more about him. This questions are strictly for research purpose..not that I won't come after you tomorrow but I like to learn. I'm just hearing this for the first time.

AntiChristian:

Re: Islam's Strange Account Of Solomon's Death by sagenaija: 8:30pm On May 19, 2021
ashybabs:

whats the biblical account
Solomon slept with his fathers and he was buried in the city of David his father: and Rehoboam his son reigned in his place.
1 Kings 11: 43
Re: Islam's Strange Account Of Solomon's Death by sagenaija: 8:33pm On May 19, 2021
mhmsadyq:

So, is the one you're talking about not possible with God?

Look, focus on the thread. What happened to his kingdom during this period? Don't come to us with 'Allah knows best'.
Re: Islam's Strange Account Of Solomon's Death by enilove(m): 8:41pm On May 19, 2021
Lukgaf:

Yes, we believe this is one of the simplest thing Allah can do. Is your breathing in and out not even complex than this you just narrated. As for the buda'ah, explicit commentary below"

"Sunan Abi Dawud 67
Narrated AbuSa'id al-Khudri:

I heard that the people asked the Prophet of Allah (ﷺ): Water is brought for you from the well of Buda'ah. It is a well in which dead dogs, menstrual clothes and excrement of people are thrown. The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) replied: Verily water is pure and is not defiled by anything.

Abu Dawud said I heard Qutaibah b. Sa'id say: I asked the person in charge of the well of Bud'ah about the depth of the well. He replied: At most the water reaches pubes. Then I asked: Where does it reach when its level goes down ? He replied: Below the private part of the body.

Abu Dawud said: I measured the breadth of the well of Buda'ah with my sheet which I stretched over it. I them measured it with the hand. It measured six cubits in breadth. I then asked the man who opened the door of garden for me and admitted me to it: Has the condition of this well changed from what it had originally been in the past ? He replied: No. I saw the color of water in this well had changed."

https://sunnah.com/abudawud:67

You didn't answer my questions . How come people did not notice a whole King's death for a whole year ?

If it did happened , why did the Bible nor any historical books of the nation of Israel record it?
Lastly , what miracle is there in keeping the dead dead for a year?

These are the questions you need to answer , for us to believe Allah is saying the truth .

3 Likes

Re: Islam's Strange Account Of Solomon's Death by Sheunma: 8:42pm On May 19, 2021
GeneralDae:
The funny thing is when religous people see unbelievable tales in other scriptures, they laugh at them and simply dismiss them. When it comes to their own scriptures however they justify them as the power of God.
my broda, u sef notice am. Christians seem to find the op Quran story unbelievable but they are completely at ease with the bible story that a god, who supposedly created the universe, came to earth via a virgin birth, killed by his creations for 3 days, just so he could erase the sin supposedly committed by same creations. You can't make these stuff up!
Re: Islam's Strange Account Of Solomon's Death by enilove(m): 8:53pm On May 19, 2021
Sheunma:
my broda, u sef notice am. Christians seem to find the op Quran story unbelievable but they are completely at ease with the bible story that a god, who supposedly created the universe, came to earth via a virgin birth, killed by his creations for 3 days, just so he could erase the sin supposedly committed by same creations. You can't make these stuff up!

There is a difference between a fable and faith.
Don't mix them together.

Jesus actually came to the world and died . But to believe his divinity or not is about faith and a personal convictions.

To me , it is the truth and I can testify that he is God and not human .

The case of this Solomon's death for a whole year without his subjects noticing is senseless and ridiculous . Unless they want to claim he was alone in the palace for that whole year without visitations from his wives , children and relatives etc.

1 Like

Re: Islam's Strange Account Of Solomon's Death by Sheunma: 9:23pm On May 19, 2021
enilove:

There is a difference between a fable and faith.
Don't mix them together.

Jesus actually came to the world and died . But to believe his divinity or not is about faith and a personal convictions.

To me , it is the truth and I can testify that he is God and not human .

The case of this Solomon's death for a whole year without his subjects noticing is senseless and ridiculous . Unless they want to claim he was alone in the palace for that whole year without visitations from his wives , children and relatives etc.

I see. You should know that what's fable to you is faith to someone else.
To Muslims, the Quran is word of Allah in its entirety and whatever you read therein is eternal truth regardless of your feelings about it. Same way you accept the divinity of Jesus without question, Muslims accepts the words of Allah without question as well.

So you see, when it comes to religion, there's a thin line between fables and faith because what's fable to you in Christianity is faith to Muslims in Islam and vice versa.

1 Like

Re: Islam's Strange Account Of Solomon's Death by mhmsadyq(m): 9:37pm On May 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Ok, so how is the story of Sulaiman very possible.. undecided
The man was a king, right? And he ruled over a Kingdom, which I guess is larger than a small hamlet, right? undecided
Are you saying that a story about a king who sat in the same spot, leaning on a cane, not eating His meals or laying down for over a year and not a one of His servants, wives etc., noticing , is plausible? undecided
There were so many prophets and messengers sent by Allah to Mankind and Jinns.
Some were mentioned some were not mentioned.
Allah told us about Anabi Suleiman and those thing he did in the worship of Allah and His glorification. Allah also bestowed on him certain favours:

[34:12] Saba-سَبـَا
"وَ لِسُلَیۡمٰنَ الرِّیۡحَ غُدُوُّہَا شَہۡرٌ وَّ رَوَاحُہَا شَہۡرٌ ۚ وَ اَسَلۡنَا لَہٗ عَیۡنَ الۡقِطۡرِ ؕ وَ مِنَ الۡجِنِّ مَنۡ یَّعۡمَلُ بَیۡنَ یَدَیۡہِ بِاِذۡنِ رَبِّہٖ ؕ وَ مَنۡ یَّزِغۡ مِنۡہُمۡ عَنۡ اَمۡرِنَا نُذِقۡہُ مِنۡ عَذَابِ السَّعِیۡرِ ﴿۱۲﴾
And to Sulayman ([Solomon] We made subservient) the wind whose morning course was a month’s journey and the evening course (too) was a month’s journey. And We caused a spring of molten copper to flow for him, and (made subservient to him) some jinn who worked in front of him by the command of his Lord. And (We had warned that) whoever of them turned away from Our command, We would make him taste the Blazing Fire of Hell.
[34:13] Saba-سَبـَا
"یَعۡمَلُوۡنَ لَہٗ مَا یَشَآءُ مِنۡ مَّحَارِیۡبَ وَ تَمَاثِیۡلَ وَ جِفَانٍ کَالۡجَوَابِ وَ قُدُوۡرٍ رّٰسِیٰتٍ ؕ اِعۡمَلُوۡۤا اٰلَ دَاوٗدَ شُکۡرًا ؕ وَ قَلِیۡلٌ مِّنۡ عِبَادِیَ الشَّکُوۡرُ ﴿۱۳﴾
They (the jinn) used to make for him whatever he desired of lofty and strong fortresses and statues and basins large as reservoirs looking like huge cauldrons fixed in their places. O family of Dawud (David)! Keep giving thanks (to Allah). And very few of My servants have been grateful!
[34:14] Saba-سَبـَا
"فَلَمَّا قَضَیۡنَا عَلَیۡہِ الۡمَوۡتَ مَا دَلَّہُمۡ عَلٰی مَوۡتِہٖۤ اِلَّا دَآبَّۃُ الۡاَرۡضِ تَاۡکُلُ مِنۡسَاَتَہٗ ۚ فَلَمَّا خَرَّ تَبَیَّنَتِ الۡجِنُّ اَنۡ لَّوۡ کَانُوۡا یَعۡلَمُوۡنَ الۡغَیۡبَ مَا لَبِثُوۡا فِی الۡعَذَابِ الۡمُہِیۡنِ ﴿ؕ۱۴﴾
And when We decreed Sulayman’s (Solomon’s) death, nothing made them (the jinn) aware of his death except a termite of the earth which kept eating his staff. Then, when his body came to the ground, it became known to the jinn that if they had known the unseen, they would not have been in that humiliating torment.

I believe Allah want us and the jinns to draw a lesson from the death of Sulayman.

The jinns thought they had knowledge of the unseen, but right under their nose, they could not perceived the death of Sulayman who was before them until after a long while.
I believe it is the lesson of the limitation of the knowledge of the unseen by Man and the jinns, that Allah wants to communicate and not whether Sulayman died unnoticed for a long time.

This can never be impossible for Allah.
Re: Islam's Strange Account Of Solomon's Death by Kobojunkie: 9:46pm On May 19, 2021
mhmsadyq:

There were so many prophets and messengers sent by Allah to Mankind and Jinns.
Some were mentioned some were not mentioned.
Allah told us about Anabi Suleiman and those thing he did in the worship of Allah and His glorification. Allah also bestowed on him certain favours:

[34:12] Saba-سَبـَا
"وَ لِسُلَیۡمٰنَ الرِّیۡحَ غُدُوُّہَا شَہۡرٌ وَّ رَوَاحُہَا شَہۡرٌ ۚ وَ اَسَلۡنَا لَہٗ عَیۡنَ الۡقِطۡرِ ؕ وَ مِنَ الۡجِنِّ مَنۡ یَّعۡمَلُ بَیۡنَ یَدَیۡہِ بِاِذۡنِ رَبِّہٖ ؕ وَ مَنۡ یَّزِغۡ مِنۡہُمۡ عَنۡ اَمۡرِنَا نُذِقۡہُ مِنۡ عَذَابِ السَّعِیۡرِ ﴿۱۲﴾
And to Sulayman ([Solomon] We made subservient) the wind whose morning course was a month’s journey and the evening course (too) was a month’s journey. And We caused a spring of molten copper to flow for him, and (made subservient to him) some jinn who worked in front of him by the command of his Lord. And (We had warned that) whoever of them turned away from Our command, We would make him taste the Blazing Fire of Hell.
[34:13] Saba-سَبـَا
"یَعۡمَلُوۡنَ لَہٗ مَا یَشَآءُ مِنۡ مَّحَارِیۡبَ وَ تَمَاثِیۡلَ وَ جِفَانٍ کَالۡجَوَابِ وَ قُدُوۡرٍ رّٰسِیٰتٍ ؕ اِعۡمَلُوۡۤا اٰلَ دَاوٗدَ شُکۡرًا ؕ وَ قَلِیۡلٌ مِّنۡ عِبَادِیَ الشَّکُوۡرُ ﴿۱۳﴾
They (the jinn) used to make for him whatever he desired of lofty and strong fortresses and statues and basins large as reservoirs looking like huge cauldrons fixed in their places. O family of Dawud (David)! Keep giving thanks (to Allah). And very few of My servants have been grateful!
[34:14] Saba-سَبـَا
"فَلَمَّا قَضَیۡنَا عَلَیۡہِ الۡمَوۡتَ مَا دَلَّہُمۡ عَلٰی مَوۡتِہٖۤ اِلَّا دَآبَّۃُ الۡاَرۡضِ تَاۡکُلُ مِنۡسَاَتَہٗ ۚ فَلَمَّا خَرَّ تَبَیَّنَتِ الۡجِنُّ اَنۡ لَّوۡ کَانُوۡا یَعۡلَمُوۡنَ الۡغَیۡبَ مَا لَبِثُوۡا فِی الۡعَذَابِ الۡمُہِیۡنِ ﴿ؕ۱۴﴾
And when We decreed Sulayman’s (Solomon’s) death, nothing made them (the jinn) aware of his death except a termite of the earth which kept eating his staff. Then, when his body came to the ground, it became known to the jinn that if they had known the unseen, they would not have been in that humiliating torment.

I believe Allah want us and the jinns to draw a lesson from the death of Sulayman.

The jinns thought they had knowledge of the unseen, but right under their nose, they could not perceived the death of Sulayman who was before them until after a long while.
I believe it is the lesson of the limitation of the knowledge of the unseen by Man and the jinns, that Allah wants to communicate and not whether Sulayman died unnoticed for a long time.

This can never be impossible for Allah.
undecided So the lesson was primarily for the Jinns. It was not the case that his human subjects were unaware of his death, but that the Jinns were tricked into believing he was still alive even one year on? undecided
Re: Islam's Strange Account Of Solomon's Death by mhmsadyq(m): 9:57pm On May 19, 2021
sagenaija:

So, is the one you're talking about not possible with God?

Look, focus on the thread. What happened to his kingdom during this period? Don't come to us with 'Allah knows best'.

Then why is the Qur'an account difficult for you to believe?

"Allah knows best" whether it irritates you.

Why do you Trinitarians speak as if Allah is on trlal?
You cannot arm twist me to explain Allah to you beyond what Allah has said about himself or made known about himself.

Allah has given His account of the death of Sulayman and that is what it is. You either believe or you leave it.
Allah owes you no explanations.
[5:101] Al-Māidah-الْمَآئِدَة
"یٰۤاَیُّہَا الَّذِیۡنَ اٰمَنُوۡا لَا تَسۡـَٔلُوۡا عَنۡ اَشۡیَآءَ اِنۡ تُبۡدَ لَکُمۡ تَسُؤۡکُمۡ ۚ وَ اِنۡ تَسۡـَٔلُوۡا عَنۡہَا حِیۡنَ یُنَزَّلُ الۡقُرۡاٰنُ تُبۡدَ لَکُمۡ ؕ عَفَا اللّٰہُ عَنۡہَا ؕ وَ اللّٰہُ غَفُوۡرٌ حَلِیۡمٌ ﴿۱۰۱﴾

O believers! Do not ask about things (on which the Qur’an is quiet,) for if they are disclosed to you, they may put you in strain (and you will be repelled by them). But if you enquire about them whilst the Qur’an is being sent down, they will be disclosed to you (i.e., fixated through revealing the commandments, but this will put an end to your choice of discretion, binding you to only one command). Allah has (so far) overlooked (these matters and questions), and Allah is Most Forgiving, Most Forbearing.

[5:102] Al-Māidah-الْمَآئِدَة
"قَدۡ سَاَلَہَا قَوۡمٌ مِّنۡ قَبۡلِکُمۡ ثُمَّ اَصۡبَحُوۡا بِہَا کٰفِرِیۡنَ ﴿۱۰۲﴾

No doubt, a people before you asked about similar things, but (when they were disclosed to them) they denied them.
Re: Islam's Strange Account Of Solomon's Death by enilove(m): 9:59pm On May 19, 2021
Sheunma:
I see. You should know that what's fable to you is faith to someone else.
To Muslims, the Quran is word of Allah in its entirety and whatever you read therein is eternal truth regardless of your feelings about it. Same way you accept the divinity of Jesus without question, Muslims accepts the words of Allah without question as well.

So you see, when it comes to religion, there's a thin line between fables and faith because what's fable to you in Christianity is faith to Muslims in Islam and vice versa.

That is your own false opinion.

A fable is a fable and cannot become a reality.

Faith is about religion and fable is an untrue story. That is why it is a fable.
For example, Muhammad's existence is not a fable because he actually lived. How he conquered Mecca and his biography are not considered as fables because those were true events.

Like the subject story of this thread , there is no way you look at it that will make it a true story .
You think about it , do you believe this to be a true story ?
If yes , how ?
Re: Islam's Strange Account Of Solomon's Death by mhmsadyq(m): 10:08pm On May 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
undecidedSo the lesson was primarily for the Jinns. It was not the case that his human subjects were unaware of his death, but that the Jinns were tricked into believing he was still alive even one year on? undecided

This is also a possibility.

Kobojunkie:
undecided So the lesson was primarily for the Jinns. It was not the case that his human subjects were unaware of his death, but that the Jinns were tricked into believing he was still alive even one year on? undecided

I don't know what you meant by tricked.
The jinns like man have limited knowledge.
Re: Islam's Strange Account Of Solomon's Death by enilove(m): 10:15pm On May 19, 2021
mhmsadyq:

Then why is the Qur'an account difficult for you to believe?

"Allah knows best" whether it irritates you.

Why do you Trinitarians speak as if Allah is on trlal?
You cannot arm twist me to explain Allah to you beyond what Allah has said about himself or made known about himself.

Allah has given His account of the death of Sulayman and that is what it is. You either believe or you leave it.
Allah owes you no explanations.
[5:101] Al-Māidah-الْمَآئِدَة
"یٰۤاَیُّہَا الَّذِیۡنَ اٰمَنُوۡا لَا تَسۡـَٔلُوۡا عَنۡ اَشۡیَآءَ اِنۡ تُبۡدَ لَکُمۡ تَسُؤۡکُمۡ ۚ وَ اِنۡ تَسۡـَٔلُوۡا عَنۡہَا حِیۡنَ یُنَزَّلُ الۡقُرۡاٰنُ تُبۡدَ لَکُمۡ ؕ عَفَا اللّٰہُ عَنۡہَا ؕ وَ اللّٰہُ غَفُوۡرٌ حَلِیۡمٌ ﴿۱۰۱﴾

O believers! Do not ask about things (on which the Qur’an is quiet,) for if they are disclosed to you, they may put you in strain (and you will be repelled by them). But if you enquire about them whilst the Qur’an is being sent down, they will be disclosed to you (i.e., fixated through revealing the commandments, but this will put an end to your choice of discretion, binding you to only one command). Allah has (so far) overlooked (these matters and questions), and Allah is Most Forgiving, Most Forbearing.

[5:102] Al-Māidah-الْمَآئِدَة
"قَدۡ سَاَلَہَا قَوۡمٌ مِّنۡ قَبۡلِکُمۡ ثُمَّ اَصۡبَحُوۡا بِہَا کٰفِرِیۡنَ ﴿۱۰۲﴾

No doubt, a people before you asked about similar things, but (when they were disclosed to them) they denied them.

Allah is on trial , truly speaking , for many reasons like :

How did he become the God of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob suddenly when Muhammad came ?

How come the ways he is worshipped are so different from the God of Abraham , Issac and Jacob ?

How come he could perform miracles with the Israelites but could not with the Arabs ?

Why are their commandments and laws contradictory ?

Can you give any reasonable answers to these questions ?
Re: Islam's Strange Account Of Solomon's Death by Kobojunkie: 10:25pm On May 19, 2021
mhmsadyq:

This is also a possibility.I don't know what you meant by tricked.
The jinns like man have limited knowledge.
I am simply going by what I read from your previous post.
According to the above, the con was intended to fool the Jinns as indicated- not humans. undecided
As for Jinns having limited knowledge, what was the point of the "we" tricking them(the Jinns) into believing for over a year, that Sulaiman was still alive? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Was It Destiny, Fate Or Predestination That Saved You from that accident or got you that job ? / What Seem To Be The Difference Between The Old And New Covenant? / Why Did God Do These Things? Inviting Reyginus And Any Other Interested Parties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.