Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Police Sergeant, Loveday Obilonu, Killed In Owerri, Imo State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Sergeant, Loveday Obilonu, Killed In Owerri, Imo State (24651 Views)

Ogun Police Sergeant Prostrates, Begs For Mercy After Threatening Panel Member / Dino Melaye's Guards Shot Police Sergeant. Police Summon Senator (Photo) / Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Sergeant, Loveday Obilonu, Killed In Owerri, Imo State by Njokuobinna(m): 7:27am On May 20, 2021
A police sergeant, Loveday Obilonu, was killed by gunmen, yesterday, at Okwu-Uratta road, Chukwuma Nwoha, Owerri.

Obilonu, before his untimely death, was attached to the Department of Operations of the state police command headquarters, in Owerri.

The deceased’s cousin, Val Okara, who narrated the incident to Daily Sun, said that Obilonu’corpse was found inside the gutter when an ambulance they brought to evacuate his corpse to the morgue arrived.

Okara, who said that the death of his cousin was suspicious, however, urged the police to investigate the matter to bring the culprits to book.

Okara said: “I suspect that my younger cousin was assassinated because no less than five bullets were released on his head. He was shot dead inside the gutter, raising suspicion that it might be an assassination. The police should do a thorough investigation.

“He was my very beloved cousin. He was married with four children and I am pained about his death because he left a very young family. I do not know what his wife and children will do now. This is, indeed, very regrettable.”

When contacted, the police spokesperson in the state, Bala Elkana, said he has not been briefed on the incident.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/again-gunmen-murder-police-sergeant-in-imo/

1 Like

Re: Police Sergeant, Loveday Obilonu, Killed In Owerri, Imo State by Pearlqueen(f): 7:29am On May 20, 2021
The police becomes endangered.

If I were a police officer serving in any of the SE/SS troubled regions, I would have tendered my resignation before now.

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Sergeant, Loveday Obilonu, Killed In Owerri, Imo State by Nobody: 7:29am On May 20, 2021
Bad
Re: Police Sergeant, Loveday Obilonu, Killed In Owerri, Imo State by Skillsnigeria: 7:31am On May 20, 2021
It is well
Re: Police Sergeant, Loveday Obilonu, Killed In Owerri, Imo State by Ahmed0336(m): 7:34am On May 20, 2021
It is unfortunate.
Re: Police Sergeant, Loveday Obilonu, Killed In Owerri, Imo State by nairalandankrah: 7:35am On May 20, 2021
IGP SENDING POLICE TO THEIR EARLY GRAVE

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Sergeant, Loveday Obilonu, Killed In Owerri, Imo State by helinues: 7:36am On May 20, 2021
Self inflicted pain

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Sergeant, Loveday Obilonu, Killed In Owerri, Imo State by Anieke39(m): 7:38am On May 20, 2021
Speechless
Re: Police Sergeant, Loveday Obilonu, Killed In Owerri, Imo State by November1857(m): 7:39am On May 20, 2021
With IGP order , many police will fall, especially those who are leaving among the populars!

45 Likes

Re: Police Sergeant, Loveday Obilonu, Killed In Owerri, Imo State by Joromi1: 7:40am On May 20, 2021
IPOB is a terrorist organization.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Sergeant, Loveday Obilonu, Killed In Owerri, Imo State by Nobody: 7:41am On May 20, 2021
Pearlqueen:
The police becomes endangered.

If I were a police officer serving in any of the SE/SS troubled regions, I would have tendered my resignation before now.
Loveday Obilonu was killed by her IPOB or ESN brother

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Sergeant, Loveday Obilonu, Killed In Owerri, Imo State by HONESTFACT101(m): 8:00am On May 20, 2021
Joromi1:
and your brain is functioningundecided......signing out

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Sergeant, Loveday Obilonu, Killed In Owerri, Imo State by HONESTFACT101(m): 8:02am On May 20, 2021
Rip to the man and condolences to the family......signing out

1 Like

Re: Police Sergeant, Loveday Obilonu, Killed In Owerri, Imo State by HONESTFACT101(m): 8:04am On May 20, 2021
supportnija:

Loveday Obilonu was killed by her IPOB or ESN brother
per say na ESN be the only people wey get gun,oga comment with sense now he could have been killed by anybodyundecided......signing out

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Sergeant, Loveday Obilonu, Killed In Owerri, Imo State by Jostoman: 8:08am On May 20, 2021
Joromi1:
nobody get your time Mr attention seeker.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Sergeant, Loveday Obilonu, Killed In Owerri, Imo State by yeyeboi(m): 10:03am On May 20, 2021
Ok
Re: Police Sergeant, Loveday Obilonu, Killed In Owerri, Imo State by Revere27: 10:04am On May 20, 2021
Unknown gun-men again
This is getting out of hand and something need to be done about it ASAP!!

2 Likes

Re: Police Sergeant, Loveday Obilonu, Killed In Owerri, Imo State by Koryc: 10:04am On May 20, 2021
This is getting out of hand.
Re: Police Sergeant, Loveday Obilonu, Killed In Owerri, Imo State by sotall(m): 10:05am On May 20, 2021
undecided
Re: Police Sergeant, Loveday Obilonu, Killed In Owerri, Imo State by goodnessme1(f): 10:06am On May 20, 2021
He was killed by Nigeria army on his way home,not knowing he is serving Zoo because the man was not on police uniform.

They shot him dead and leave his dead body in gutter.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Sergeant, Loveday Obilonu, Killed In Owerri, Imo State by ivolt: 10:06am On May 20, 2021

Okara said: “I suspect that my younger cousin was assassinated because no less than five bullets were released on his head. He was shot dead inside the gutter, raising suspicion that it might be an assassination. The police should do a thorough investigation.

“He was my very beloved cousin. He was married with four children and I am pained about his death because he left a very young family. I do not know what his wife and children will do now. This is, indeed, very regrettable.”
Nothing to investigate here. It was pure assassination.
Those who killed him are already celebrating on Facebook.

6 Likes

Re: Police Sergeant, Loveday Obilonu, Killed In Owerri, Imo State by Hotshisha: 10:07am On May 20, 2021
RIP

When police fight back hope Ipobians won't complain like Cowards

10 Likes

Re: Police Sergeant, Loveday Obilonu, Killed In Owerri, Imo State by Solidkay(m): 10:07am On May 20, 2021
Enough of this killing already,
This is not the way forward..
Two wrongs don't make a right...
Re: Police Sergeant, Loveday Obilonu, Killed In Owerri, Imo State by shigishege: 10:08am On May 20, 2021
Na so them go kill themselves finish. Children of hate. Obilonu na Yoruba guy?? Abi na Fulani man?? Set awon perverted souls.

5 Likes

Re: Police Sergeant, Loveday Obilonu, Killed In Owerri, Imo State by Nobody: 10:10am On May 20, 2021
Revere27:
Unknown gun-men again
This is getting out of hand and something need to be done about it ASAP!!
Nothing is getting out of hand. Let their cup overrun and a state of emergency declared on security in the region and wait to see craze.

4 Likes

Re: Police Sergeant, Loveday Obilonu, Killed In Owerri, Imo State by DennisEche(m): 10:10am On May 20, 2021
Disbanding and ending Sars is the worst decision ever made by the security architect of this Country. The police is now helpless.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sunday Igboho Linked ToAbdullahi Usman, Boko Haram Financier Jailed In UAE / Peter Obi: Why I Couldn’t Visit The Oba Of Lagos During Campaign (Video) / Sule Lamido’s Sons Arrested Over Alleged N10b Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.