Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,751 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

University Of Maiduguri Receives 1 Billion Naira ASR Africa Education Grant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / University Of Maiduguri Receives 1 Billion Naira ASR Africa Education Grant (6962 Views)

ASR Africa Refurbishes Unit At Gwarimpa General Hospital, Donates Equipment / Five University Of Maiduguri Graduates That Are Now Governors-elect: Photo / Presidency Attacks Oshuntokun Over Claim Of Maiduguri Bomb Blast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Of Maiduguri Receives 1 Billion Naira ASR Africa Education Grant by stephanie11: 12:00pm On May 20, 2021
POLITICS NIGERIA

The Abdul Samad Rabiu Africa Initiative (ASR Africa), as part of its first cohort of Tertiary Education Grants Scheme, has provided a N1billion grant to the University of Maiduguri towards the development of a Centre for Innovation and Product Development at the UNIMAID Entrepreneurship and Enterprise Development (UM-CEED) Complex. This was announced during the presentation of the grant award by ASR Africa to the University management in Maiduguri.

Speaking at the presentation, Aliyu Idi Hong, representing the Chairman of ASR Africa and BUA Group, Abdul Samad Rabiu, said that the ASR Africa Initiative had already begun the disbursement of its tertiary education grants to the 6 universities in its first cohort with the University of Maiduguri being the third to benefit after Ahmadu Bello University, and University of Ibadan. He further disclosed that the project initiation process and development of mutual accountability frameworks to guide the grant usage for the University’s Centre for Innovation and Product Development will commence immediately.

In his remarks, the Vice Chancellor of the University of Maiduguri, Professor Aliyu Shugaba praised the Founder of the Initiative, Abdul Samad Rabiu, for his consistent commitment to social good and philanthropy. The Vice-Chancellor also extolled the good works ASR Africa is doing in various communities across Africa and thanked the philanthropist for the grant. He furthermore reassured the representatives that the University Management, Staff and Students will be forever be grateful to ASR Africa for this gesture.

University of Maiduguri is one of the six Nigerian Universities in a first cohort that will benefit from a donation of One Billion Naira each from the ASR Africa Initiative as part of its Tertiary Education Grants Scheme.

ABOUT ASR AFRICA

The Abdul Samad Rabiu Africa Initiative seeks to support sustainable development initiatives in the Health, Education and Social Development within Nigeria and the rest of Africa, every year. For more information visit asrafrica.org or email asrafrica[at]buagroup[dot]com
https://politicsnigeria.com/university-of-maiduguri-receives-one-billion-naira-asr-africa-tertiary-education-grant/

2 Likes

Re: University Of Maiduguri Receives 1 Billion Naira ASR Africa Education Grant by CodeTemplar: 12:35pm On May 20, 2021
Good one. Private people funding education is one way forward.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Maiduguri Receives 1 Billion Naira ASR Africa Education Grant by Pauldollars(m): 12:40pm On May 20, 2021
How the money may be spent?
1. A building housing the Centre will be built.
2. Some office equipments will be purchased
3. One or more vehicles will be purchased for logistics
4. The remaining money will be saved in an account and withdrawn at different intervals for official purposes into some private pockets.
Las las...it will be a free for all building for some students

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Maiduguri Receives 1 Billion Naira ASR Africa Education Grant by chatinent: 12:46pm On May 20, 2021
So how much sum was given to them at hand apart from the radio sum?
Re: University Of Maiduguri Receives 1 Billion Naira ASR Africa Education Grant by WiszyFraud: 12:54pm On May 20, 2021
Did you know??

Dear Men,

Don't initiate sex if you're not feeling well, just because you want #doggy.

If you have any heart disease symptoms like chest pain or difficulty in breathing during sex, stop IMMEDIATELY!

{Please share!}

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: University Of Maiduguri Receives 1 Billion Naira ASR Africa Education Grant by eedimo(m): 12:54pm On May 20, 2021
My Alma mater know how to distribute this funds among their Kanuri brothers.

1 Like

Re: University Of Maiduguri Receives 1 Billion Naira ASR Africa Education Grant by Prouniquedone: 12:55pm On May 20, 2021
Okay

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

Re: University Of Maiduguri Receives 1 Billion Naira ASR Africa Education Grant by younglleo: 12:55pm On May 20, 2021
hello!
pls the money i was sent for my phone repair have been deducted entirely by a loan company. And my source of little income is my damaged smartphone! Pls i need to fix my phone cus I'm left wit nothing but my itel 2173 kpalese. pls someone shud assist me
Re: University Of Maiduguri Receives 1 Billion Naira ASR Africa Education Grant by pickatyouu: 12:55pm On May 20, 2021
Wetin university for north wanuse money do, if not to mobilize Terrorist.
Na Terrorist mobilization fee be that o.

5 Likes

Re: University Of Maiduguri Receives 1 Billion Naira ASR Africa Education Grant by BanevsJoker(m): 12:55pm On May 20, 2021
LOL. People wey believe say education na Haram.
Make that money no end up for Sambisa oh.
I don talk my own.
Re: University Of Maiduguri Receives 1 Billion Naira ASR Africa Education Grant by samuel19222(m): 12:56pm On May 20, 2021
western education na haram for there na
Re: University Of Maiduguri Receives 1 Billion Naira ASR Africa Education Grant by Coollybest71: 12:56pm On May 20, 2021
cheesy
Re: University Of Maiduguri Receives 1 Billion Naira ASR Africa Education Grant by greatiyk4u(m): 12:57pm On May 20, 2021
Can someone enumerate the 6 selected universities ?

That was a nice gesture shaaaaa
Re: University Of Maiduguri Receives 1 Billion Naira ASR Africa Education Grant by Lilpen3758: 12:57pm On May 20, 2021
cry cryeveryday I dey hear money money money still nothing dey change for our country
Re: University Of Maiduguri Receives 1 Billion Naira ASR Africa Education Grant by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 20, 2021
Congrats.
Unlimited international email lists available for sell
Re: University Of Maiduguri Receives 1 Billion Naira ASR Africa Education Grant by Authoreety: 12:57pm On May 20, 2021
I need only 10m from it
Re: University Of Maiduguri Receives 1 Billion Naira ASR Africa Education Grant by Andyvilly: 12:57pm On May 20, 2021
At least a search light is beaming over their dark educational atmosphere, they should make light out of this

1 Like

Re: University Of Maiduguri Receives 1 Billion Naira ASR Africa Education Grant by raynobz: 12:58pm On May 20, 2021
Everything is to the North
Re: University Of Maiduguri Receives 1 Billion Naira ASR Africa Education Grant by Ayomide811(m): 12:59pm On May 20, 2021
Ibo yoots come and wail again

1 Like

Re: University Of Maiduguri Receives 1 Billion Naira ASR Africa Education Grant by Koryc: 1:00pm On May 20, 2021
Good education is very pivotal.
Re: University Of Maiduguri Receives 1 Billion Naira ASR Africa Education Grant by HRMK: 1:00pm On May 20, 2021
lets all hope its not looted as usual!
Re: University Of Maiduguri Receives 1 Billion Naira ASR Africa Education Grant by Huffington: 1:01pm On May 20, 2021
For making bombs and kunu?
Re: University Of Maiduguri Receives 1 Billion Naira ASR Africa Education Grant by Albert0011(m): 1:01pm On May 20, 2021
G
Re: University Of Maiduguri Receives 1 Billion Naira ASR Africa Education Grant by WaffenSS(m): 1:05pm On May 20, 2021
Pauldollars:
4. The remaining money will be saved in an account and withdrawn at different intervals for official purposes into some private pockets.

Was that what happened to your school?

Plural of equipment is still equipment
Re: University Of Maiduguri Receives 1 Billion Naira ASR Africa Education Grant by Stevengerd(m): 1:05pm On May 20, 2021
WiszyFraud:
Did you know??

Dear Men,

Don't initiate sex if you're not feeling well, just because you want #doggy.

If you have any heart disease symptoms like chest pain or difficulty in breathing during sex, stop IMMEDIATELY!

{Please share!}
Shey Konji go allow dem stop?
Re: University Of Maiduguri Receives 1 Billion Naira ASR Africa Education Grant by Jimmyubah2: 1:05pm On May 20, 2021
Pauldollars:
They will build more mosques on campus.
Re: University Of Maiduguri Receives 1 Billion Naira ASR Africa Education Grant by Bluntemperor: 1:07pm On May 20, 2021
eedimo:
My Alma mater know how to distribute this funds among their Kanuri brothers.

Food don land o!
Wait o,did the owner of the fund even demand for the University needs before pumping in the money?
Well,make we they see how Uni Maid.go utilised it.No story!

1 Like

Re: University Of Maiduguri Receives 1 Billion Naira ASR Africa Education Grant by Nobody: 1:09pm On May 20, 2021
Ayomide811:
Ibo yoots come and wail again

anumpama
Re: University Of Maiduguri Receives 1 Billion Naira ASR Africa Education Grant by semyman: 1:12pm On May 20, 2021
This will be sad news for boko haram, their sponsors and their loyalists on social media
Re: University Of Maiduguri Receives 1 Billion Naira ASR Africa Education Grant by paDEgik: 1:27pm On May 20, 2021
Chai
See money

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Politician Is Worth Fighting For - Odewale Adesoye / 4th Longest Bridge In Nigeria Ready In Akwa Ibom State.. Photos / Gov Abiodun To Ogun Residents: I'll Deal With Anyone Who Rejects Old Naira Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.