Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,572 members, 7,958,776 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:39 PM

Sheikh Ajah On Persecution Of Igbo Muslims: We Are Igbos Before Becoming Muslims - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sheikh Ajah On Persecution Of Igbo Muslims: We Are Igbos Before Becoming Muslims (30818 Views)

It’s Difficult For Igbo Muslims To Get Partners In S’east – Imo Chief Imam / Abdukareem Abdullah Is Dead: Igbo Muslims In Enugu Mourn Death Of Chief Imam / Persecuted At Home, Igbo Muslims Troop To North For Succour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sheikh Ajah On Persecution Of Igbo Muslims: We Are Igbos Before Becoming Muslims by Nathan2016: 4:29pm On May 20, 2021
jneutron4000:
Yes o Igbo and Fulani messed up Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Ajah On Persecution Of Igbo Muslims: We Are Igbos Before Becoming Muslims by Firebomber: 4:41pm On May 20, 2021
So funny.

Can someone remind us of what will happen to any muslom that want to revert islam in kano?

Can they show us any indeginious kano Christian that was allow to hold a political appointment?

Moslom are so hilarious.

grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Sheikh Ajah On Persecution Of Igbo Muslims: We Are Igbos Before Becoming Muslims by jneutron4000: 4:45pm On May 20, 2021
[s][quote author=Nathan2016 post=101890201][/quote][/s]Ewu

Re: Sheikh Ajah On Persecution Of Igbo Muslims: We Are Igbos Before Becoming Muslims by Shimran(m): 4:53pm On May 20, 2021
Zionmdde:

Ogbeni sharrap there
Have u heard any Igbo was killed because he was a Muslim. Or don't u have a tangible job dan to go around being a nuisance.
If my brother becomes a Muslim today I will disown him and have nothing to ever do with him, yes it'd my right, so if we decide to disown any efulefu without harming him in anyway or denying him any of his rights how is dat ur freaking business.

Worst of it all is dat a headslammer who doesn't allow non headslammers drink beer in his state will open his mouth and be taking rubbish

Igbo Muslims kee all of u there

Muslims here. Islam there. Head slammer this. Black stone worshippers that:
Sometimes I forget there are religions other than Islam.
Thank you for Islam propagation
Re: Sheikh Ajah On Persecution Of Igbo Muslims: We Are Igbos Before Becoming Muslims by Wetpuxy: 5:06pm On May 20, 2021
True religion indeed, I can't even advise my enemy to join that cursed religion grin grin
alowonle02:

Seeing ur comment here tells more about Igbo people and their thinking. You better take it easy and see Islam as only religion of Almighty Allah. And nobody force you join Islam so halt ostracizing those who follow the tru religion which is Islam.
Re: Sheikh Ajah On Persecution Of Igbo Muslims: We Are Igbos Before Becoming Muslims by NgwaManNaaija4L: 5:13pm On May 20, 2021
Sheick Haruna Ajah? Even basatrds don't have any funny strange name in Igboland, I have never seen Igbo muslim in my life and won't see, enough of this useless propaganda by yoruba and hausa muslims, it won't work.

No Muslim in Igboland and if you see any burn him and his generation..they are all Bastards from North with useless igbo mother or father, they are all foreigners.

Igbo muslims kill you allthere animals.

Besides, I'm an Igboman and you know that I'm a Christian already so this useless swear has no meaning to us.
Re: Sheikh Ajah On Persecution Of Igbo Muslims: We Are Igbos Before Becoming Muslims by tuwe: 5:14pm On May 20, 2021
there is nothing like igbo muslims.no sensible igbo will accept a religion of violence
Re: Sheikh Ajah On Persecution Of Igbo Muslims: We Are Igbos Before Becoming Muslims by specialmati(m): 5:15pm On May 20, 2021
Hotshisha:
grin

Why are Ibos Christian extremist so worried by Ibos choosing Islam

grin grin grin grin because they may decided to join terrorism after joining islam ,i think thats their fear cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Sheikh Ajah On Persecution Of Igbo Muslims: We Are Igbos Before Becoming Muslims by chaloskyx: 5:27pm On May 20, 2021
LOL SEE EHEN CHRISTIANS O MUSLIMS O YOU ARE ALL INSANE. WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU GUYS PRACTICING SEF I DONT GET? KILLING AND FIGHTING OVER RELIGIOUS BELIFS LIKE SERIOUSLY CANT U SEE THE BRITISH CANT U SEE DUBAI UAE HOW THEY LIVE AND PRACTICE THEIR FAITH YOU THINK IF THEY CARRY RELIGION ON THEIR HEAD THEY WOULD BE WHERE THEY ARE YOU ARE ALL ILLITRATES PASTORS O IMMAMS O BUNCH OF DEAD BEAT ILLITRATES WHO ALL USE RELIGION TO COMMIT ATROCITIES AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE...LAS LAS ALL OF YOU WOULD PERISH IN HELL CAUSE YOU DONT LOVE YOUR NEIGBOUR AS YOUR SELF WHICH IS THE GREATEST COMMANDMENT GOD HAS ALREADY GIVEN AND NON OF YOU PRACTICE THAT SO GUESS WHAT IT DOES NOT MATTER HOW WELL YOU PRAY OR GO TO CHURCH OR MOSQUE YOU ARE ALL GOING TO PERISH
Re: Sheikh Ajah On Persecution Of Igbo Muslims: We Are Igbos Before Becoming Muslims by BnQoyyim(m): 5:28pm On May 20, 2021
Zionmdde:

Ogbeni sharrap there
Have u heard any Igbo was killed because he was a Muslim. Or don't u have a tangible job dan to go around being a nuisance.
If my brother becomes a Muslim today I will disown him and have nothing to ever do with him, yes it'd my right, so if we decide to disown any efulefu without harming him in anyway or denying him any of his rights how is dat ur freaking business.

Worst of it all is dat a headslammer who doesn't allow non headslammers drink beer in his state will open his mouth and be taking rubbish

Such is a maggot-ridden mind's notions, an educated-illiterate that would claim civil rights and rules of law whenever the wind doesn't blow in his side. You shall sooner reap the dividend of your assertions, unless you change for better.

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Ajah On Persecution Of Igbo Muslims: We Are Igbos Before Becoming Muslims by semyman: 5:29pm On May 20, 2021
Most Christians are anti Christ

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Ajah On Persecution Of Igbo Muslims: We Are Igbos Before Becoming Muslims by BnQoyyim(m): 5:33pm On May 20, 2021
[quote author=Armaggedon post=101883572]Nothing in the article remotely suggest persecution or denial of religious freedom. This looks like a govt sponsored article that is being repeated on front-page.

"Igbos freely call themselves names on daily basis. Pentecostals are usually called ndi "uka akuluma aka" meaning a church of 'over clapping' people, sabatharians or Jews are mocked for always offering sacrifices along the road and even lot of nollywood movies show Catholic church in bad light"

Why must such a barbaric behavior still lingering and rufe in our society. Such people indulging in that should grow up and stop using diapers.
Re: Sheikh Ajah On Persecution Of Igbo Muslims: We Are Igbos Before Becoming Muslims by Tomisin666(m): 6:52pm On May 20, 2021
Hmm just as how your Jesus you claim you worship slam is head on the ground Matthew 26 Vs 39 likewise the angels too in the book of revelation 7 Vs 11! spew for una the most deluded tribe i have ever seen so myopic and ravenous intolerant set of beast! i choose to call u guys such a name cause you don't worth been ascribe as assembles of mankind! we all know God created us with love and been tolerant with one another irrespective of your race,colours, religion and any other particularity that set our differences in opinions aside! but my brothers in east chose not too keep such God commandment into ponder but disregard such assertion from the supreme being and feel presumptuous about what they knew it's not good but choose not to elicit from such assertion and that's while i don't ascribe them being human they're meant to be! but rather choose to let animosity devour them now acting like a beast all because they can't understand God don't program us to have same logical reasons on what we felt it's best fit for us sad
Acidiously:
This IGBO MUSLIM brouhaha is becoming stale. We never pursue real Muslims na him we go pursue our brothers because say them be Muslims? Na my head go slam for ground ABI na my forehead go turn black? If you like worship Satan I choptas not. Nobody is chasing anybody. If you are hiding your identity as an Igbo Muslim that means your mind is pricking you, telling you that that which you are doing is alien to your people. Hold your conscience responsible and not your brothers
Re: Sheikh Ajah On Persecution Of Igbo Muslims: We Are Igbos Before Becoming Muslims by JastSiryin(m): 8:43pm On May 20, 2021
This topic reeks of hypocrisy. A northern Muslim majority should be the last people to talk about religious discrimination. Y'all are beginning to sound like people with a personality disorder, who think everyone else is the problem.
Re: Sheikh Ajah On Persecution Of Igbo Muslims: We Are Igbos Before Becoming Muslims by Nobody: 8:45pm On May 20, 2021
JooEeL:
As much as religious tolerance is adviced, I will say the Biafrans, especially the Igbos, have a kind of foresight that you just can't fault.

No matter how we try to hide it, there is a way terrorism tends to move along with Islam. I don't know why.

I know some may be angry but as much as I respect my Yoruba muslims for being reasonable with their religion, consider what happened in Ilorin a few weeks ago when Muslims where throwing stones at Christians... beating them with sticks etc. In Yoruba land o. Something almost unheard of before!

I can never fault the Ndi Igbos for this. It is not discrimination. They simply dread terrorism.

Note: Igbos should never fall for the trick that they are intolerant. Never ever! The cursed Edomites from the Sahel just burnt a church in Kaduna yesterday. They killed over 300,000 in the North before the Civil war. They killed thousands of southerners in the Jos Riot of 1945. Yet the bastards will call you intolerant. If they call you 'intolerant', they are trying to guilt-trip you. Igbos you are smart. Never for a million years fall for their mind games.
North never experienced religious conflict before the some group of Easterners brought some churches with hate and extremism against peacefully living Muslims-Christians
The church in some section of this country offers the most extreme forms of Christianity and exposes a very thin layer of their religious fanaticism & intolerance.
In 2006, attacks against Muslims killed at least 27 people in southeastern Nigeria & left abt 325 people injured and 2,000 displaced.
https://reliefweb.int/report/nigeria/least-27-dead-new-religious-riots-nigeria
Christians in this south-Eastern Nigerian city, Onitsha burned Muslim corpses and defaced wrecked mosques in a religious violence.
https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna11527911
In 2009, Christian mobs in the city of Onitsha killed at least 64 people, mostly Muslims. Witnesses describe a bloody scene with Christian rioters using machetes to slash and mutilate their victims.
https://www.voanews.com/archive/least-64-muslims-killed-5-days-riots-southern-nigeria
In 2010, about 400 Muslims were killed in JOS, In 2008 about 700 Muslims were killed in JOS, In 2001, about 1000 Muslims were killed in the same Jos all by Christians
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Jos_riots

Concerning, South-West, “Incidentally Muslims in Yorubaland cannot be referred to as inconsequential, at least in terms of numbers. Muslims are in the majority in four of the six Yoruba states (Lagos, Ogun, Oyo and Osun). They also have at least 30% in Ekiti and Ondo states. Afterall democracy is about numbers. It is also about inclusiveness.
There are other cases in reference and examples of the violation of the civil rights of Muslims in Yorubaland. Muslim female teachers who went for a promotion interview in Abeokuta last week (Thursday 15 th April, 2021) were told that they must remove their hijab before they could be interviewed. The Muslim girl-child is being stigmatized in the school and sometimes locked out of the classroom on account of an ordinary headscarf.
“The hijab of the Muslim girl-child is yanked off her head by Christian teachers who are also Yorubas. Muslim girls are beaten up and sent back home. Muslim parents suffer this humiliation on a daily basis in Yorubaland. Muslim males are forced to remove their caps and turbans. Some are forced to shave their beards before being attended to by government civil servants who are also Yorubas.
“Political appointments are reserved mainly for Christians while Muslims who constitute the majority are ignored. There are only four Muslims among the fourteen (14) commissioners in Oyo and Ogun states where the governors are Christians. All the board chairmen in the two states are Christians except the Muslim Pilgrims Board and the governors have ignored the complaints of Muslims. In Ekiti State, Fayose ran an all-Christian cabinet. In Oyo State, the hijrah holiday which was declared by a former Muslim governor, Isiaka Ajimobi, has been annulled by Seyi Makinde, a Christian governor.
“Muslims are also totally marginalized in the education sector. Christians are in charge in the ministries of education in Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Ekiti and Ondo. All the teaching service commissions TESCOM) are headed by Christians. Some of the heads are even church clerics. A pastor is the chairman of Ogun State TESCOM while an evangelist heads the Ogun State commission. We believe this is a deliberate and strategic ploy to perpetuate Christian hegemony in the education sector in Yorubaland. This is the machinery of oppression and it has served in the repression of hijab-wearing female Muslim students and teachers. The perpetrators persecute Muslims with impunity since they are assured of official protection up to the office of the commissioner of education.
Former President Goodluck Jonathan (2011 – 2015) appointed six (6) ministers from Yorubaland and all of them were Christians.
“We are nonplussed that Afenifere has never commented on the above maltreatment of Muslims that has lasted decades (since independence) in its domain but it revels in joining Ohaneze of the South East and the Middle Belt Forum in complaining about marginalisation, nepotism and Islamisation which they claim began six years ago.
For now Yoruba Muslims see no difference between Afenifere and the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN). In fact, the former looks more like the political wing of the latter in the South West.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Ajah On Persecution Of Igbo Muslims: We Are Igbos Before Becoming Muslims by seguntijan(m): 7:01am On May 21, 2021
Zionmdde:

Ogbeni sharrap there

And what's more painful us to think that this statement is coming from a suppose educated fellow. So because of change of orientation you'll reject your brother? Where's tolerance? Where's respect for self determination? I get to understand that the more you people think you're liberal, the more you become anarchical. Reason why America is what it is today is because of "freedom to self determination" the same reason why South West will always be the most developed region in Nigeria, there's rarely any family you won't see the mixture of the faith, apart from that we never consider your language and faith before making decisions.
Re: Sheikh Ajah On Persecution Of Igbo Muslims: We Are Igbos Before Becoming Muslims by ThatFairGuy: 7:31am On May 21, 2021
A Terrorist minded and hateful People can NEVER be a freedom fighters.

They're just pushing for a country where they become powerful and deal with whoever go against them(minorities), what they couldn't do in Nigeria
Simplyleo:

Absolutely correct.

I still can't understand why you are not free to practise your religion in a society claiming to be fighting for freedom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Ajah On Persecution Of Igbo Muslims: We Are Igbos Before Becoming Muslims by ThatFairGuy: 7:32am On May 21, 2021
Hypocrite
Asgard73:
Are we still going to push it to front page for a second time .. because the government want and wish Islam in the East.

They said they were igbos before Muslims.. how come they still call them Hausa ?

Or they don’t have communities Kinsmen relations that know them before they became Muslims

I can’t say am a Yoruba man without having Yoruba relations or people that know me..

Even if I don’t have people.. there must be stories of reason why you don’t have people.. known to people living in the communities

All this stories of Muslim in east is pure sentimental nonsense

No masarachi in igboland...

And you’ve been igbos for decades ... where una been dey worship all this while

Careless journalism
Re: Sheikh Ajah On Persecution Of Igbo Muslims: We Are Igbos Before Becoming Muslims by ThatFairGuy: 7:35am On May 21, 2021
The real Terrorists, the most hateful and intolerant tribe I have ever heard of.

Zionmdde:

Ogbeni sharrap there

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sultan Announces Commencement Of Ramadan 1441AH - 2020 / Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Supermarket In Paris Granted Citizenship / Franck Ribery Furious Over Beer Bath

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.